Don't have an account? Create one!

Young MCR fans

AuthorMessage
dimes O.O
Thinking Happy Thoughts
dimes O.O
December 6th, 2007 at 02:28pm
I just barly turned 11 and i have been a fan for 2 years.Like ^^^^^you^^^^^ said it depends on the child. People say im marture for my age. My dad says i have good music taste. whatever it is i undersand mcr fine. and i hear cuss words all the time. My dad doesnt care, my mom doesnt care, really the only person that cares is my sister.
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
December 6th, 2007 at 03:03pm
It really depends on the kid. Kids today are swearing at younger ages, they also are introduced to adult topics younger. Some people, even at age twenty, don't understand the concepts but younger kids might. If they like the music, then they should listen to it.. but if they are really young, they should get a clean verison of the songs.
inactive.
Jazz Hands
inactive.
December 6th, 2007 at 03:22pm
Like so many have said, it depends on the kid. If they are mentally/emotionally mature enough for the lyrical content, I see no problem with it. The problem is when kids listen to the music and are unprepared for the lyrical content and end up shoked for what they heard. That is not good.
DISENCHANTED23
Killjoy
DISENCHANTED23
December 6th, 2007 at 06:01pm
i don't think there should be a certian age.
but i don't think anyone under 10.
if you think about it. there's much worse out there.
haa.
blablabla12345667
Salute You in Your Grave
blablabla12345667
December 6th, 2007 at 08:49pm
I don't think it matters. I mean, have you noticed how little boys [and girls] are always playing video games where they have to shoot things? That's no worse than "I think I'll blow my brains against the ceiling" etc.

But what would really happen if they weren't mature enough to listen to it? They'd go drink somebodies blood? Or they'd start swearing?! lol. I mean, they shouldn't go to concerts [of any band] at that age, but I don't see anything wrong with them listening to them.
Very Happy
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
December 6th, 2007 at 10:09pm
i started listening to mcr when i was about 10, i think. i understood some of it, but i was mature for my age. my 10 year old sister now is now a massive mcr fan [thanks to me lol] and i'm fine with it coz i was just like her. MCR, Fall Out Boy, AFI, Silverchair and The Used are her favourite bands in the world and it doesn't bother me one bit. i'd rather her listen to that, compared to all the shitty rap music out their about sex.

My dad is totally fine with her listening to it, but my mum is very over protective and won't let her go to their concerts for a couple more years. My mum hasn't actually listened to the lyrics properly, she just remembers a few lines from songs and she thinks they are "innapropriate".
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
December 6th, 2007 at 10:40pm
XDanni-DaydreamX:
I think as long as the younger fans are mature enough then it's fine.
for reasons unknown
Awake and Unafraid
for reasons unknown
December 6th, 2007 at 11:36pm
I think that young fans are fine, as long as their parents know what to expect at one of their concerts,
and the child is mature, and old enough to know that what they say in their music is just part of a song.
Rose Red.
Jazz Hands
Rose Red.
December 7th, 2007 at 01:31pm
As long as the kid is mature enough to handle the concepts of the music and everything, there should really be no issue with them listening to MCR's music. Kids are being exposed to material like that earlier than they ever have been before anyway. I mean my sister is twelve, and she's a diehard Motley Crue fan. If that isn't kid appropriate I don't know what is.
the key is gone.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the key is gone.
December 8th, 2007 at 01:06am
personally, i was 10 when i started listening to them. and i think its a great thing for a 10 year old to admire gerard for all that hes done and the music that he and the rest of mcr make, instead of worshipping hannah montana like most other 10 year olds
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
December 8th, 2007 at 03:17pm
I think its fine if a younger kid like my chem. As some one said, it does depend on the kid.
If they can understand their message then thats great! If they understand their lyrics, even better! It's just kids who get into them because someone else is or they think its cool...thats what you call annoying!
Hooley
Fabulous Killjoy
Hooley
December 8th, 2007 at 04:59pm
my 4 year old daughter loves mcr, and she's developed this obsession with gerard . she is always asking for me to put the cds on n she sings along so sweetly. when it comes to the swearing parts, she stops singing and yells 'its naughty to swear gerard' at the stereo.

ive taught her swearing's wrong n she'll tell anyone off for it. she obviously doesnt understnad the lyrics of most of the songs, so thats not a problem yet.
and natuarally, at 4, she wont be going to any mcr concerts. or any concerts for that matter (she asked to go see hanson for her birthday! lol, even hanson concerts are 14yrs+ only, im sure)

i dont have a problem with her listening to it to be honest. i listened to far worse at her age.
Braaains.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Braaains.
December 10th, 2007 at 05:33pm
as long as they understand what their listening too and what it means
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
December 10th, 2007 at 07:02pm
for the millonth time it does depend on their maturity. i got into them @ 12. 7th grade from the beginning was hell & i even started w/bullets although 3 cheers had JUST came out. my little sister (now 11) got into them through me, i don't know if she understood it/understands it now. but probably. the way the world is now... she's always been mature though, she's really tall for her age so she's often talked to like she's older. if the kid's mature, the earlier, the better. teenies<real fans=happy
drink ourselves dry.
Crash Queen
drink ourselves dry.
April 7th, 2008 at 04:47am
Melodramatic.:
Wow. Niiice. Was this because she saw you listening/obsessing over them?
I personally don't think it's so 'bad' to listen to bands like these at young ages. I mean, for them, it may just be the music/sound. But if they can actually understand the concept and such behind it, it's really impressive. Besides, most of our new generation are maturing really fast.

Listening to them = 11/12

Obsessing with them = 13 years old. Currently 14, and still loving them.
Beautifully. Insane.
Killjoy
Beautifully. Insane.
April 7th, 2008 at 01:07pm
If I had heard of them when I was ten, I would have listened. I was pretty mature for a ten year old, mainly because my parents went through a divorce then, and I was the 'strong' one of the family. I had to keep it together, for my own sanity and to help everyone else. I wish I had listened to them then, I'm sure the lyrics would have helped me, just like they are now. Smile
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 7th, 2008 at 07:11pm
ummm erm well i think that it depends on the kid and their maturity level. if they can handle the language i guess. but i think that the songs are much more meaningful if you actually pay attention to the lyrics, i dont think that a 10 yr old would
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
April 8th, 2008 at 03:21am
snagicous:
Like previously stated; it depends on the child. I mean, I have my 12 (soon to be 13) sis that listens to MCR; she herself edits the music so her mom would let her listen to it so she wouldn't have to hear Gerard's curse words; she understands the message, and 3/4 of her 7th grade class are gangster wannabes; all they talk about is woman degrading; which Gerard is definitely against. MCR isn't as bad as the other bands or singers that more children idolize (Fergie, Danity Kane) and songs like Show Stopper and Money Maker. She even tells me that the boys do inappropriate moves during school; and the girls don't mind getting their bra straps snapped; they ENJOY IT. It's true what Gee said; "emo boys" have more morals than that. Can you believe albums like "FutureSex/Love Sounds" becoming successful with more of the children of today? It's disugsting.
It's a twisted world.

i just had to bring up this quote becoz i couldn't have said it better. if i had a kid, i wd much rather she/he listen to Mama, with all that hellfire and swearing, than 50 Cent's Candy Shop, which treats women as nothing more than...well, eye candy. the swearing i can probly train them out of saying in front of their grandparents. but the derogatory stance toward females...that is a little harder to get rid of once they accept it as perfecly normal.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 8th, 2008 at 03:29am
^ yep. definately agree.
i dont see anything wrong with young mcr fans, if they are true fans Smile
if they are all teenie and only like them cos the latest #1 hit is mcr... then so be it really, but that annoys me. liking someone only cos they are in.
the second mcr concert in sydney i went to, i saw a little girl. she was probably about 9, and she was with her dad and they were both wearing mcr shirts. i thought it was cute! Razz as long as they arent in the mosh. that pisses me off. when the parents tell you off for 'pushing' their child! its a mosh pit!! what do you expect?!
my6chemical6romance6
Jazz Hands
my6chemical6romance6
April 8th, 2008 at 10:52am
I'm 10 so... anyone can listen to their songs like is there an age restriction.