Don't have an account? Create one!

Young MCR fans

AuthorMessage
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
April 9th, 2008 at 06:35am
^ there is no hard-n-fast age restriction. there *is* (as sm1 mentioned) a Parental Advisory sticker on their albums. thats all

i also think parents hv a large role to play in ensuring their kids are exposed enough to the world & to thought-provoking ideas, but at the same time ensuring they hv having a notion of what is right & wrong. as in the actions/words that hurt people, & the ones that dont. It's really not easy, but it's way better than just shutting them off from the vaguest risk and banning everything in an effort to protect them.

it's not easy but it's entirely achievable. my parents did it with me .... & im a decent person.

most of the time.
burningcrown
Killjoy
burningcrown
May 26th, 2008 at 06:03pm
My cousin is only three and she knows every word to Helena.
She also has pictures of Mikey up in her bedroom.
All thanks to me. Wink
XXXMCRbitchXXX
Killjoy
XXXMCRbitchXXX
May 26th, 2008 at 06:58pm
i agree that you should let little kids listen to mcr i mean i know little kid that are like 2 or 3 who's parents let them listen to rap/hip-hop(ludacris,snoop dogg, and ) so you might as well let them listen to mcr and i dont mind that at all i think its cool that they like it but like everyone said it still depends on the kid even i know i used to listen to limp bizkit when i wuz little like 4 and 5 but not anymore.
Girl_Anachronism
Joining The Black Parade
Girl_Anachronism
May 26th, 2008 at 07:26pm
I think it's okay that they listen to My Chem. I guess it depends though. Are they true MCR fans, or just trying to act like their older sibling? Or are they just being teenies? I first listened to My Chem so that for 3 reasons...1.They sounded good
2.I liked them instantly and 3.They were different. Maybe that's some younger kids aspecnt on them.
anthony green.
In The Murder Scene
anthony green.
May 27th, 2008 at 01:53am
I'm a young MCR fan.
I understand the concepts in the CDs. I understand the band's message.
I don't see anything wrong with listening to them, no matter what age you are, as long as you understand.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 27th, 2008 at 02:11am
My younger brother likes the songs of MCR, except for the ones with vulgar words(coz i never let him hear it)

and his age....

8 yrs. old...hehehe
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 27th, 2008 at 02:45am
I know this is going to be an unfavourable opinion, but young fans annoy me, especially when they're at the concerts in the mosh pits. There should be age restrictions there.

The other reason they annoy me is purely and simply because I don't really like children in general. And yes, I do consider 11/12/13 year olds to be children. I know I was a child once, but as I've grown away from my childhood and into adulthood, I've noticed how fickle children are with fads (don't get me wrong; I had fads too). And it's hard for me to take an 11 or 10 year old seriously when they say they love My Chemical Romance, and say that they're "the greatest band everrr!", because to me it seems as though they are going through a fad. I know that sounds illogical, and it is; but that's the way I feel about this.

Sorry if I offend anyone.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
May 27th, 2008 at 02:51am
techno cocaine.:
I know this is going to be an unfavourable opinion, but young fans annoy me, especially when they're at the concerts in the mosh pits. There should be age restrictions there.

The other reason they annoy me is purely and simply because I don't really like children in general. And yes, I do consider 11/12/13 year olds to be children. I know I was a child once, but as I've grown away from my childhood and into adulthood, I've noticed how fickle children are with fads (don't get me wrong; I had fads too). And it's hard for me to take an 11 or 10 year old seriously when they say they love My Chemical Romance, and say that they're "the greatest band everrr!", because to me it seems as though they are going through a fad. I know that sounds illogical, and it is; but that's the way I feel about this.

Sorry if I offend anyone.

i understand perfectly. but thats just the way kids are. =) no one expects an 11-yr-old to make any more commitment to a band than they do to their next school crush.

they are still the 'greatest band ever' to that 11 yr old kid. just in a much shorter span of time. but during that tiem they are probly every bit in love as u are. and that is the beauty of children!

i dont dislike kids as long as i can throw them back to their mommies when they get cranky...buahaha ...though i hate the bratty ones. the best kids are those that r smart but not bratty

OK, off topic already. Smile
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 27th, 2008 at 02:55am
^yup...u guys are definitely right, that's y when my brothers asked me if they can come to their concert here...i told them NO, coz it's their safety that i'm protecting...and they are not yet appropruate there..they are too young...
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
May 27th, 2008 at 04:18am
I can bear with it up to a point, but when they start claiming they know more than you...then it's time for an arse kicking.
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
May 27th, 2008 at 04:19am
little bella muerte:
I'm a young MCR fan.
I don't see anything wrong with listening to them, no matter what age you are, as long as you understand.

Im a young MCR fan, too.
I get the message MCR are sending out, and I dont find anything wrong with their language. Personally, I think I'm mature enough to go see them live, listen to their music or live by their mottos. As someone said earlier on this post, this generation is maturing so quick. I'm mature, smart and I understand.

And as for my parents? They're cool with it. Dad recently promised to take me to see them when they return from their break, and I explained how the boys had strong views, how they swore and when they had 'Frerard Moments' that pretty much were saying ''Fuck off homophobics, we dont want you'' and he was really fine with it. Like he nodded, smiled and said ''Thats really great of them!''.
savannah's gone.
Bleeding on the Floor
savannah's gone.
May 29th, 2008 at 06:09am
I think its fine for younger children to listen to MCR, as long as their parents know that they do swear etc. but they have been warned, because as people have said before, their albums have parental advisory logos on them. The only issue with younger fans is that they might pick up swearing/cussing from MCR lyrics which could annoy/upset parents who didn't realise there was a logo. Overall, it's not hysterically bad that MCR has younger fans, I mean, a fan is a fan, regardless of age.
ilovegerardway78
Killjoy
ilovegerardway78
May 29th, 2008 at 09:32am
my sisters three and she sings along to the words and she says gerard way is sexy ithink he is too
NachaCyanide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NachaCyanide
May 29th, 2008 at 10:10am
well, when i started to listen MCR i was 11 xD,
my little brother is 8, and he love mcr ._.
he know all the lyrics, the cds, songs, all D:
amazing :3.
but he still being a little boy xd
FlatlineFlava
Fabulous Killjoy
FlatlineFlava
August 26th, 2011 at 10:03am
eh...*ehm* Actually my bro and I are a little "mature before its time". But whatever. Yea. I can handle it tho and ma doesn't mind the swear words
FlatlineFlava
Fabulous Killjoy
FlatlineFlava
August 26th, 2011 at 10:05am
maxim bemis.:
little bella muerte:
I'm a young MCR fan.

Im a young MCR fan, too.
I get the message MCR are sending out, and I dont find anything wrong with their language. Personally, I think I'm mature enough to go see them live, listen to their music or live by their mottos. As someone said earlier on this post, this generation is maturing so quick. I'm mature, smart and I understand.

And as for my parents? They're cool with it. Dad recently promised to take me to see them when they return from their break, and I explained how the boys had strong views, how they swore and when they had 'Frerard Moments' that pretty much were saying ''Fuck off homophobics, we dont want you'' and he was really fine with it. Like he nodded, smiled and said ''Thats really great of them!''.

lol awesome.
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
August 28th, 2011 at 04:01pm
As long as they are mature enough to understand the lyrics, concepts and message of the band and not believe some of the crap you can find on the internet about 'cult' bands, then it's all good
neon-ninja
Killjoy
neon-ninja
October 15th, 2011 at 04:10pm
I'm a young fan, maybe not as young as some people above me, but young. But I have been told I'm VERY mature for my age, and I started listening to them a bit after WTTBP came out, thanks to my older cousin. Back then I just thought that the music sounded good and Gerard's voice was amazing, but through time I understood the words and really got the concept of the videos, music etc, and now I can really say that they saved my life, and made me who I am today.
So, as alot of you have said, I think it does depend on the child and what they are like - they could either take in what the band means and understand it, or just be as any child usually is, copy his swearing and see it in a different light.
Alt Exterminates
Killjoy
Alt Exterminates
November 13th, 2011 at 03:45pm
Define young? I'm 13 but MCR really did save my life. I think young MCR fans are great. They're exposed to worse language and themes at school than in MCR's music. At the concert, my mom frowned a little when Gerard cussed, but smiled again when she saw how happy I was to be there.
RunAwayWithMe
Killjoy
RunAwayWithMe
November 30th, 2011 at 10:48pm
Alt Exterminates:
Define young? I'm 13 but MCR really did save my life. I think young MCR fans are great. They're exposed to worse language and themes at school than in MCR's music. At the concert, my mom frowned a little when Gerard cussed, but smiled again when she saw how happy I was to be there.

Agreed. I started listening to them when I was eleven and I was (and still am) very mature. Its not like I was a little kid who's going to run around screaming cuss words- I know what they mean. I actually was very depressed and even thinking about self harm back then (I never did- I'm too much of a wimp- but I wanted to) and MCR really changed my outlook on life. So no, I don't think young fans are bad whatsoever because I am one. Smile