Don't have an account? Create one!

Another MCR Explosion?

AuthorMessage
PERCY
Motor Baby
PERCY
November 22nd, 2006 at 03:21am
I still can't walk five feet without seeing Gerard on a tweeny/teeny bopper magazine cover.

And YES i pretty much see them every five feet.

Not to mention friggen Pete Wentz. Ugh.
ladypeace
Bleeding on the Floor
ladypeace
November 22nd, 2006 at 06:26am
I'm sure there will be a MCR explosion it kinda already started here weith the new album.. but those who listen to them because of the way the guys look, will probably forget about them.
I use to have those moments when i liked an artist just for his looks
and then when i was tired of the way he looked i ditched the band.
Mother War
Banned
Mother War
November 22nd, 2006 at 08:19pm
Hey Nay.:
I still can't walk five feet without seeing Gerard on a tweeny/teeny bopper magazine cover.

And YES i pretty much see them every five feet.

Not to mention friggen Pete Wentz. Ugh.

oh gawsh
that is too true.. every teenie magazine has him..
whenever i go to the market and pass through the magazine aisle
"BIG POSTERS OF YOUR FAV HOTTIES"... Rolling Eyes
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
November 22nd, 2006 at 11:23pm
Revenge is defininitly bigger than Parade.
Ink Stains
Jazz Hands
Ink Stains
November 23rd, 2006 at 08:40am
Its funny i havent really nocited such a huge interest for them here. (Denmark).
Sure i see the Welcome to The Black Parade video a few times in the TV. (I remember seeing them talk about their new album, and that was about it).

I didnt even really see anything huge when Revenge came out. People didnt really go crazy over them here. (sure the Helena and The Ghost of You videos were played in TV. But not for too long. And their music didnt really hit the radio too oftenly. That might just be because they play so much crap at the radio stations here anyways.).

Most people I run into doesnt even know much My Chemical Romance.
Sure there is people here who love their music. But I havent really nocited too many teenages going crazy over them.

But then again, I dont really hang around many teens.
And on the other hand i rarely watch mtv, read music-magazine's and such.

But on the big picture, My Chemical Romance hasnt gotten really huge here in Denmark.

In way I kind of like it.
But do I think the guys deserve all the praise and attention, its so rare lately to find muscians that actually cares about the music, and what message they are trying to bring.
(Lately the popluar music scene seems to be all about the money and looks.) Im still waiting to see if it shall change here, though.

But Im totally agreeing with what StonyPony said!
Maybe we just nocited it more, because we have an interest in their music.
A Sharp Life
Banned
A Sharp Life
November 24th, 2006 at 10:56am
I hear Japan is going fucking nuts....but don't they always? People say it's like beetlemania over there.

Good for the boys! I want them to do good! Very Happy
Mother War
Banned
Mother War
November 24th, 2006 at 11:29pm
Ink Stains:

But Im totally agreeing with what StonyPony said!
Maybe we just nocited it more, because we have an interest in their music.

That is true
We would more likely notice them because we are usually looking for them
They are on my mind more than half the day..
And since we know their appearance and such; if we saw them we would know rather than someone who didnt care or didnt know them
Common sense, but really true
I agree as well
Dancing to your death
Salute You in Your Grave
Dancing to your death
November 25th, 2006 at 08:23am
mmm...i've noticed alot of MCR publicity here in Aus at the moment. they play ads on TV for the album at dinner time (regular free to air tv, i don't have pay tv) and in the city i've seen fliers everywhere, and a missive one in an alleyway.....plus as nice spray painted one on the pavement, but that's thanks to the Aus MCRmy...which i had of gone on that one!
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 26th, 2006 at 03:29am
i noticed an ad for TBP on tv here in aus too but i have to say id never really heard of them before

i dont think they got the publicity here that 3 cheers got in the states for example
A Sharp Life
Banned
A Sharp Life
November 26th, 2006 at 06:22am
I went to the store when I heard that MCR was going to be on the cover of blender, my sister and I got 3 different mags with huge MCR articles in them, two with MCR plastered on the cover.

There is about 5 new MCR shirts at Hot Topic along with other merchendice. I think there is going to be another MCR explosion...at least here in the states.

I want everybody to hear this album and I've never felt that way before. Usually I want the album to be MINE and only MINE...but this album deserves to heard.

By everyone and anyone, but actually HEARD! Not just "ooo. look at how sexxy everyone in the band is!!!111!!!" but heard and taken to heart.

I mean how universal is the topic of cancer? I don't know anyone who doesn't know someone who has had it or has it now or who died from it.

I love THE BLACK PARADE! Clap
A Sharp Life
Banned
A Sharp Life
November 26th, 2006 at 06:27am
Another question...What if Mikey had left the band? Would you still be here?

I don't know what to say... i can't imagine anyone but Mikey Way up there playing bass with his brother.

But if he had left, I think I would've bought the album anyway.

Another question...What do you think the band would've done?

I know I should do this somewhere else, but I just want a few quick answers...maybe I should change the topic name to QUESTIONS FROM A SHARP LIFE!

lmao!
ChAoS
Fabulous Killjoy
ChAoS
December 5th, 2006 at 08:31pm
I don't think they'll be a second explosion...
My few friends who loved them now hate them because of Welcome to TBP...
And I understand all of you who would want them to stay underground and out of the mainstream to be "special" to know them. Now it's like: "You like MCR? I mean come on they're so popular there's nothing special in loving them" Ughhhh!!!
Okay, I know that I discovered them with I'm Not Okay BUT I did not stick to that song and went to discover more about them which only a few people did/do.
The worst I heard? You know the singer...Gerald right? Well he looks gay with his new hair!"
It just annoys me how people will only love Helena and I'm Not Okay so I really hope there won't be a second explosion. Even if it means that the guys will lose popularity. I want to keep them for me only...rawr
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 6th, 2006 at 02:34pm
No it isn't, some friends told me they saw the video on mtv but i haven't seen it and that makes me mad... Ive seen it like a hundrend times on yotube and on there myspace.
I wanna do something so it promotes more!
Chowder
Motor Baby
Chowder
December 6th, 2006 at 03:52pm
CatsRuleYourFace:
P.S. Fake fans aren't a threat.

We could kick their arses anyday Smile

I hear you all the way lmao! Dance
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
December 6th, 2006 at 04:39pm
Yep, there's sooo much more MCR in magazines and stuff since TBP came out. I think it's gonna be even worse than last time.
And, no offence or anything like that, but I am not looking forward to it and I hope it's just a fad that'll pass after a few months.
A Sharp Life
Banned
A Sharp Life
December 6th, 2006 at 04:55pm
I still think that fake fans will be scared away by the complexity of TBP(I HOPE!)

I still want intelligent people who maybe didn't listen to them before to discover them and understabd the message.

It is such an important message.

It would make the world better if everybody understood it.
A Sharp Life
Banned
A Sharp Life
December 6th, 2006 at 04:57pm
Viva--Forever:
Yep, there's sooo much more MCR in magazines and stuff since TBP came out. I think it's gonna be even worse than last time.
And, no offence or anything like that, but I am not looking forward to it and I hope it's just a fad that'll pass after a few months.

I see them in mags everywhere, too, but the article is always like, "will it be big or won't it?"

I think it deserves to be huge, but I don't know how many people are smart enough to understand. I love it and that's all that matters!
glitter geek.
Shotgun Sinner
glitter geek.
December 6th, 2006 at 04:59pm
if there is another "explosion", it would do much good or bad.

GOOD for their carreer and other people to realize they save lives.
BAD for us fans because of teenies that just care about their looks and not their life saving ways...
Smashed Pumpkin
Salute You in Your Grave
Smashed Pumpkin
December 7th, 2006 at 01:25am
I've seen them in HEAPS of magazines over here in Australia. And they play the clip for WTTBP alot.
A Sharp Life
Banned
A Sharp Life
December 7th, 2006 at 08:51am
WTTBP is the backround music for every commercial on Fuse TV Shocked