Don't have an account? Create one!

Famous Last Words Video Premier.

AuthorMessage
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
January 15th, 2007 at 05:44am
I’ve just seen the vid for the first time on tv...woohoo…it’s different than the previous ones, but I find it awesome because it’s so raw Punk ….I love Gerard’s evil eye!
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
January 16th, 2007 at 12:27am
silverrain:
I’ve just seen the vid for the first time on tv...woohoo…it’s different than the previous ones, but I find it awesome because it’s so raw Punk ….I love Gerard’s evil eye!

My friend in high school had a saying, he would always say "I am too RAW for words." LOL And that is what that video is too RAW for words. I don't think so much intense energy has ever come from my TV. I like the video because I think it shows how what powerful performers these guys are. I think because we see the burning of the parade in the background this video fits right into the concept of the album.
pumpkinsmcrfingrock
Killjoy
pumpkinsmcrfingrock
January 16th, 2007 at 04:12am
After having a week to let the new video digest, I still stick by my words that its too cliche', and doesnt fit this album at ALL. Performance video for a concept album? Cmon. . lazy. This video will be forgotten and off MTV's TRL in a week or two.
X5927alpha
Thinking Happy Thoughts
X5927alpha
January 16th, 2007 at 04:15am
pumpkinsmcrfingrock:
After having a week to let the new video digest, I still stick by my words that its too cliche', and doesnt fit this album at ALL. Performance video for a concept album? Cmon. . lazy. This video will be forgotten and off MTV's TRL in a week or two.

Maybe it fits because they are supposed to be in hell for this one? I really don't know...it was my boyfriends guess, and kind of made sense. Hmmmmmmm...
pumpkinsmcrfingrock
Killjoy
pumpkinsmcrfingrock
January 16th, 2007 at 04:23am
X5927alpha:
pumpkinsmcrfingrock:

Maybe it fits because they are supposed to be in hell for this one? I really don't know...it was my boyfriends guess, and kind of made sense. Hmmmmmmm...

Yeah, I guess I can see that. . . but I think they could have been more creative even if that was their theme for the video. I mean the pumpkins (this will be my only comparison, ever) did a performance vid for Bullet with Butterfly Wings, and at least were creative enough to come up with the mud people thing which was mindblowing at the time. (which was directed by Samuel Bayer, same director for FLW) . All Im saying is so far the buzz for this album has been disappointing, and think they can point to their choice of videos for the first two singles as a big reason. Not that WTTBP was a bad video, just that it could have been better. I dont know. .I just think this really is one of the best albums I've ever heard, coming from a guy who is probably the oldest person on this board. . .and have been let down a little so far. .

I dont mean to hate, cause I love the band. Am I the only one here who is thinking this?
andi
Killjoy
andi
January 17th, 2007 at 06:50pm
No you aren't the only. To me this album is probably one of the best of last year, and most likely one of the best I've ever heard, but I too have been disappointed by the videos for it. FLW is my fav. song on the album, but I don't like the video for it. It's too simple. MCR have always been known for their great videos, at least with Three Cheers. I remember reading or hearing, I don't remember where, that Gerard was saying how he doesn't like videos that are just a performance and that they always try to make their videos more than that. I dunno, but I thought they could've done better, but thats just me, I still love the album.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
January 19th, 2007 at 02:55am
The Making of FLW is on Youtube, in three parts.
If you guys haven't seen it, here are the links:
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
=D
john bonham.
Bulletproof Heart
john bonham.
January 19th, 2007 at 02:57am
I saw, earlier.
Bob's leg is really pale [/random]

It was hot. [/literally] and intense.
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
January 19th, 2007 at 04:49am
I just watched it and omg, poor Bob Sad
I'm assuming there'll be a longer, proper 'Making Of' for this like there was for WTTBP. I hope it shows Frankie's tackle on Gerard!
john bonham.
Bulletproof Heart
john bonham.
January 19th, 2007 at 04:50am
Bess:
I hope it shows Frankie's tackle on Gerard!

Me too. Shifty
And I know. He got hurt.
But that would be so damned kinky.

...Wow, I have problems. lmfao
MorphinePen
Fabulous Killjoy
MorphinePen
January 19th, 2007 at 10:43am
pretty awesome
but it would have been so much better if the tackling were included
i kinda feel bad for wanting to see that, but how could you not?
exterminate.
Shotgun Sinner
exterminate.
January 19th, 2007 at 11:00am
i wonder when the making of will be on TV
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
January 19th, 2007 at 11:20am
Meant for the flies.:
Bess:
I hope it shows Frankie's tackle on Gerard!

Me too. Shifty
And I know. He got hurt.
But that would be so damned kinky.

...Wow, I have problems. lmfao

LOL don't worry, I totally agree! XD
mcrafi4eva
Jazz Hands
mcrafi4eva
January 19th, 2007 at 04:32pm
i loved the music video it was amazing i did feel bad for mcr though since they all got hurt & i really felt bad for gerard & bob!! but the video couldn't have been better & i love how it shows how much heart & soul they put into their performances!!!
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
January 19th, 2007 at 05:39pm
i watched the 'making of' clips posted on youtube.
they're awesome. Smile. i love how bob talks a lot in all of it. like he's always telling us what's happening and giving summaries and stuff. go bob!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 19th, 2007 at 05:44pm
andi:
I remember reading or hearing, I don't remember where, that Gerard was saying how he doesn't like videos that are just a performance and that they always try to make their videos more than that.

Gerard said he wouldn't like doing performance videos in front of a live audience.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
January 19th, 2007 at 05:51pm
yeah exactly^ =], he said something like 'you'll never see us in a video just rocking out in a club, doing our thing' (something like that). so technically, he's not going against his word.
they're in an abandoned parking lot. and there's fire. and the performance for the flw video is completely different from a performance of a band just playing at a club. there's a whole lot of energy and raw emotion (and pyrotechnics, =p) in this video. i personally, really like it.
xxnevercominghomexx
Jazz Hands
xxnevercominghomexx
January 19th, 2007 at 08:55pm
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 19th, 2007 at 09:14pm
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
January 19th, 2007 at 10:41pm
unapologetic apathy:

yeah!i saw the making of the video on youtube.pretty cool.Thd extra photage is good too!