Don't have an account? Create one!

Black Parade album sales continue to fall. .

AuthorMessage
pumpkinsmcrfingrock
Killjoy
pumpkinsmcrfingrock
November 22nd, 2006 at 02:38am
So what do you think about this? From 2, to 6, to 19th. . .Have to say I expected a little more out of the gates, but hope their next single gets here fast to re-ignite the masses. TBP was a questionable first choice, although I know why they did it. Just seemed a bit hokey to me. . .

On another note, why the F would the moderator of this board remove my post giving major props to MCR from a huge pumpkins fan? I posted it, and the day after it was removed. .without a follow up email to me as to why. Fuck you buddy. . . all I was doing is giving MCR their just due from a fanbase that mostly hates them. To remove my thread without an explaination was nothing less than chump. I still love MCR. . . . but if thats the kind of censoring going on, kiss my ass.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 22nd, 2006 at 02:51am
I just noticed the last part of your post. The information that every INOer must agree to while registering states that the mods reserve the right to remove or delete posts or thread that they find innappropriate, in the wrong place, or redundant, without informing the poster or author.

Basically, either your post was in the wrong place, was pointless, was a duplicate or was in some way offensive.

Also, if a mod sees your above post and reads it as the insult it is, this thread could and probably will be locked, and you run the risk of being banned.

Not to attack, merely to inform.
pumpkinsmcrfingrock
Killjoy
pumpkinsmcrfingrock
November 22nd, 2006 at 03:12am
I totally understand. My post was neither offensive, nor insulting. I was gushing with praise after hearing the new album, and since the pumpkins comparisons were abundant, thought I'd give my two cents from a diehard SP fan like myself. I was SHOCKED to say the least that it was removed the following day. It really pissed me off. . . . I didnt even get a email telling me why, thats what ticked me off.

Whatever, just wanted to make my point known that not all SP fans hate MCR. I am as diehard as they come when it comes to SP, and I actually believe that TBP is MORE genious than Mellon Collie was. Now is this something a mod would delete????

Puzzled. . .
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
November 22nd, 2006 at 06:05am
^^
I think you'll find the mods here are rather ridculous with their 'rules', well I have anyway. They'll censor you as much as they want...

Anyway - about TBP sales.
They'll go up again when the next single comes out - of course they're gonna be high as soon as it comes out because of all the fans waiting for it to come out buy it....
I don't quite think the My Chemical Romance trend is over Wink
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
November 22nd, 2006 at 07:24am
If you have a problem with what a mod did, take it up with Dujo, but don't spam here.

On topic: It is completely natural for sales to drop after a couple of weeks. Alot of people have already bought the CD, and the rest just haven't heard enough from MCR to want to buy the new CD. It doesn't mean the end when sales start to drop.
Smashed Pumpkin
Salute You in Your Grave
Smashed Pumpkin
November 22nd, 2006 at 08:37am
I'm a major Smashing Pumpkins fan, but I'm going to have to disagree with you; I think I'd choose Mellon Collie over Black Parade if I had to. Zero, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, 1979, Where Boys Fear to Tread, Porcelina and Thru the Eyes of Ruby are just Shocked. The whole album is. Black Parade is awesome too, but I think I prefer Mellon Collie. But it's hard to compare the two, cause there's a lot of differences too.

Yeah and about the album sales...all the MCR fans got the album when it came out, so it's expected that they'd drop.
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
November 22nd, 2006 at 10:50am
I'm sorry. That's stupid.

And the album thing ... Idk. It's one of their best albums.
Simbaaaaa.
Joining The Black Parade
Simbaaaaa.
November 22nd, 2006 at 12:02pm
how sad.

topic: yeah i think some people were surprised by the album since it's different than their last albums...maybe that's y some people didn't buy it.

another reason could be illegal downloading.
Raven of Azarath
Salute You in Your Grave
Raven of Azarath
November 22nd, 2006 at 03:55pm
I think fans are hearing about how different this album was supossed to be from the other two, so they might be shyying (sp??) away for that reason. I almost did....
gabbagabbahey
Jazz Hands
gabbagabbahey
November 25th, 2006 at 02:10am
lol i bet most of the mcr fans are just downloading the cd illegally.
BeastxInxRepose
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
BeastxInxRepose
November 25th, 2006 at 03:23am
And a lot of people are probably waiting to receive/buy it for Christmas.
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
November 26th, 2006 at 03:02am
I think that a lot of the older MCR fans are afraid of the change and are kind of boycotting the new CD. Some people that I know are doing that. I think that they are just being stupid and not being open-minded to the new things. And they have certainly gained a lot of new fans with their new CD. (especially older people because of the likeness to Queen, David Bowie, and The Beatles) Once the new single comes out, sales will definately shoot back up.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 26th, 2006 at 03:38am
sales have gone down yes but they sold a lot when it first came out

word of mouth will help it continue to sell and it will jump back up in sales around xmas when the teenies get their parents to buy it for them for xmas but you can't expect an album to shoot out of the blocks and then stay there
Thursday's Child
Bleeding on the Floor
Thursday's Child
November 27th, 2006 at 01:18am
yea, they released it too close to christmas (in my opinion)
kids who ask for it have a very good chance of recieving the "save it for christmas" line.
Yaoi Owns You
Jazz Hands
Yaoi Owns You
November 27th, 2006 at 04:21am
Katie Did What?:
yea, they released it too close to christmas (in my opinion)
kids who ask for it have a very good chance of recieving the "save it for christmas" line.

Thats what happened to me with the Evanescene cd (though I think its a load of crap cause i got TBP but my mom won't get me TOD til xmas but w/e)

Actually, I did some snooping and casted a evesdroping ear around my local scene and everyone's been saying that TBP was so ahead of its time for mcr and so in your face the big guys on top of the media ladder didn't want TBP to come out on top! I even heard that Reprise had to PAY MTV to let My Chem get that tv spot on trl for the ablum release!

But I'm just relaying what I heard.

It was censored and cut (kinda like your props post pumpkinsmcrfingrock.) Its all about fucking Disney shits and Rap cons (no offense to either genre but its IMO) now-a-days. But just wait till the effin grammys! They HAVE to be recongized for that!

Right?

Mikey
freakgrl
Killjoy
freakgrl
November 27th, 2006 at 04:46am
How is the not being in the top 20 so bad?
It's not as if My Chemical Romance are in it for the money anyway.
If they're not in the top 20 then whatever... Look at all the music mags and newspapers, they're all giving TBP top ratings.
It's about the album, not about album sales.
My Chemical Romance are out to save lives.
Not to make money.
ElizasMAMA
Fabulous Killjoy
ElizasMAMA
November 27th, 2006 at 11:37am
thats honestly fucked up
BatKissMasquerade
Really Not Okay
BatKissMasquerade
November 27th, 2006 at 08:54pm
freakgrl:
How is the not being in the top 20 so bad?
It's not as if My Chemical Romance are in it for the money anyway.
If they're not in the top 20 then whatever... Look at all the music mags and newspapers, they're all giving TBP top ratings.
It's about the album, not about album sales.
My Chemical Romance are out to save lives.
Not to make money.

That's definitely true and they said it themselves that they don't give a rat's ass about the album sales. All that matters is how much the music affects all of us fans to make some positive changes in our lives. That's it.

I have to agree about the other post. I''ve been reading from the MCRmy site and some others that alot of the "fans" are turning themselves off from the new album because it has more older influences like Queen, Pink Floyd David Bowie etc and now because of that alot of the fans are accusing them of "selling out" just because the black parade has a more mature and less "Emo" sound than the last two albums.

All i can say is that i applaud my chemical romance for making those changes because some fans cannot expect them to make the same kind of music over and over and over again because sooner or later it will get boring and repetitive if you don't let yourself grow lyrically and musically. Personally i'm getting sick and tired of all these narrow minded magazines pinning that stupid "emo" label on our boys especially with alot of the uk magazines publishing that "war on emo" bullshit which is rediculous.

A friend of mine even told me that one of her friends hates my chemical romance because...she hated the way that gerard dyed his hair blonde

Mcr has said it themselves that their gonna move away the so called "emo" label and concentrate on making music using older influences and if some of the fans don't like that they could listen to another band

I've only been listening to my chemical romance for almost two years now and there's no other band (besides one other) or singer who has impacted and changed my life in so many ways than mcr. Before i knew their existence, i was in a lot of ways, just like Gerard. All i ever did was stayed holed up in my room, not existing, just wasting time being a loner and almost always moody and jealous of others who had people to talk to and

i will say this, being alone sucked alot more than anything in the world. It sucked so much that a few times i even had suicidal thoughts. No i'm not one of those so called "emo kids" who slits their wrists or bitch about how their life sucked just because they think it was the cool thing to do. This was real. And then when i first heard of mcr, everything changed for the better. Now i no longer feel like a social pariah because their music helped me alot and still does..

Now i have college, a new house and plans for the future which includes helping domestic violence victims after i pursue my criminal justice degree.

I know this is kinda off topic but i wanted to share this with all of you guys of how mcr changed me.

If there's someone out there who thinks mcr is in it for the money why don't you talk to some of the fans and ask them how the band changed their lives for the better
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
November 28th, 2006 at 03:03pm
"I have to agree about the other post. I''ve been reading from the MCRmy site and some others that alot of the "fans" are turning themselves off from the new album because it has more older influences like Queen, Pink Floyd David Bowie etc and now because of that alot of the fans are accusing them of "selling out" just because the black parade has a more mature and less "Emo" sound than the last two albums."

Awesome, you got the point. Hell it even says in an article (don't ask me which one I don't remember, I'll find it eventually) that The Black Parade is a big departure from the scene they came from and thank God for that... And they're proud of the fact they're not churing out the same shit over and over again. They've left "the scene" so to speak. Gerard even says and I quote, "This record is like slamming your resignation on your boss' desk."

As for the album sales, I just checked Billboard.com. WTTBP is still the #1 Modern Rock track, #7 for Top Rock Albums, peaking at #1. On the Billboard 200 they're now at 27 and they peaked at #2. I don't see why they shouldn't be proud of that.
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
November 28th, 2006 at 06:55pm
BatKissMasquerade

AMEN.