Don't have an account? Create one!

Faith Schools

AuthorMessage
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
February 4th, 2008 at 08:48am
ha ha
most don't give a f**k about god to be honest.
but unfortunately some of them think that gives them the right to be completly rude and bitchy in Christian studies.
but i guess thats a matter of respect more than anything else.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
February 4th, 2008 at 08:50am
yeah.
some people... not naming names... are just terrible in those classes.
sure, they can be boring... just the way the teachers teach... but its still no different to any other classes.
androidgirl
Motor Baby
androidgirl
February 10th, 2008 at 07:08am
faith schools?
well i think they're fine. cause from where i came from, ALMOST every school is a christian school or something... in fact there are only few secular schools here.
but the status quo seems fine....and besides, in catholic schools, there are MORE HOLIDAYS... Very Happy
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
February 10th, 2008 at 07:27am
in catholic schools, there are MORE HOLIDAYS...

YESSS. There are. And in catholic schools, you actually end up taking some stuff seriously. Therefore, you learn more.

But there ARE still social levels in Catholic schools, can't avoid that.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
February 11th, 2008 at 06:59am
not only catholic schools, but anglican schools too! my school is one of the ones that has the most holidays in the country!! yay!! (private all girls school... can suck though! lol)
I'M_NOT_OKAY!!
Awake and Unafraid
I'M_NOT_OKAY!!
February 16th, 2008 at 09:24pm

I go to a Catholic school,
and I acutally love it there.
Not everyone's perfect, and you're not expected to be.
We do soo many fun events in school that have nothing to do with religion,
and it's rather laid back.
Of course God plays a role in the ways and education there,
but I really don't mind.
Somehow, I think I've happened to change for the better.
And plaid skirts, ftw!
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
February 17th, 2008 at 01:16am
i wish our school was like that. my school wants everyone to be the same. no individuality. they hate it. and we hate them. haha. the whole school kinda sucks... haha.
ennui.
Awake and Unafraid
ennui.
February 18th, 2008 at 02:51am
^We get more holidays here as well
xD

I go to a co-ed [boys and girls] Catholic School and I have no problems whatsoever.
At my school, they don't try and shove Christianity down your throat, and we do learn about world religions.
At the moment, our current assignment is to go to a place of worship of another religion in our town, and take notes and everything.
We have to go to church on Ash Wednesday and what-not but thats expected when you go to a Catholic school.
Apparently, we actually had a couple of students that were Buddhists, years ago though.

My school isn't really classed as a private school.
We're like half-half I guess.

I don't think that just because you go to a Catholic school, your rich and spoilt.
My family is definetly not rich.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
February 18th, 2008 at 03:03am
How relevant are faith schools?
they're not at all, they twist around the word of God and are torture, I went to one for 6 years

Should faith schools only include people from that particular faith?
yes and if they really do want to go

Should they be private or comprehensive schools? (I can't remember what the American equivalent of a comprehensive is.)
you mean public? in my opinion they should all be shut down

sorry I really hate private church schools
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 24th, 2008 at 09:10pm
I think most faith oriented schools, or have a certain religion in the school name, are private schools. Most tend to be Catholic schools. They don't have to be exclusive and not accept anyway who isn't that certain religion. I don't have a problem with these schools.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
April 17th, 2008 at 09:37pm
How relevant are faith schools?
they are extremely relavent. i went to one for a few years and almost everything was taught and looked at from a WWJD perspective. so if you are a christian, the atmosphere would work really well and you would not have to face some of the contradictions taught at a public school
like i said before, at the school i went everything was taught and talked about from a christian perspective, but the christian perspective is based on love, respect, ect.( not saying all christians are like this. i was with a bunch of christian kids one time and they started making homophobic,emo,and racist jokes.respectul?def not) but i could understand how a parent would want there kid to be in a school where these values were constantly reinforced. it was the reason a muslim kid went to my old school.
Should they be private or comprehensive schools?
private. i don't think religion should be involved with governement and vice versa(assuming that comprehensive schools are public schools..i think thats what you are talking about)
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 18th, 2008 at 02:05am
i think they should be open to any faith, but the people have to accept that the faith will be taught there whether everyone there is of that religion. so people who go there and parents of the students have to realise this. so, it may be best for people of that religion only.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 23rd, 2008 at 06:32am
I don't understand why people would go to, say, a Catholic school if they weren't even Catholic. The same for any other type of faith school.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 23rd, 2008 at 06:51am
^ a lot of the time (and i know this from my school. its anglican and we have muslims at the school) the parents want to send their child there cos its a good school, and the school gets fairly good results. thats one reason.
IveGotSharpTeeth!
Killjoy
IveGotSharpTeeth!
April 23rd, 2008 at 11:11am
I went to a Baptist school for a couple of years. The only people that could teach were people that went to that particualy very small church, which I thought was...stupid. I personally loved it though. True, a lot of people that go to private school ARE stuck up and completely ignorant but saying that all Christians are like that is a serious catagorization. I'm not Baptist myself, and some people did try to force their beliefs on me but not everyone. I hope I made some sense.