Don't have an account? Create one!

my chemical romance suicidel "friend"

AuthorMessage
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 6th, 2006 at 10:01am
Ive been diging to find out about the rumor that they had a "friend" that comited suicide.
I herd this girl on a forum say that there were hints in the song about the freind that mabye wasn't a "friend".
I think she is exagerating a little bit when she said that:

gerard or mabye someone els and his "girlfriend" or just someone had knew or loved. they made a comitment of suicide together (I don't belive that part verymuch, sounds to dramatic). He in the end dicides to not do it and tells her not to, but she doesn't lisen and comits suiced anyway.
She sais that that storie hinds behind tiny peaces (even if its not all the song meaning)of the songs:

Amost all the revenge disc songs and Early Sunsets Over Monroeville, cubicles, drownding lessons, vampires will never hurt you, desert song, hedfirst for halos, and ofcourse : demolition lovers.

-helena:

“What's the worst that I can say?”
”Things are better if I stay”
This makes sence with the comitment part becuase he says its better if he stays on earth, and doesn’t die.

-Give em’ hell, kid: (I don’t think this one counts though)

“If you were here I'd never have a fear”
”So go on live your life”
”But I miss you more than I did yesterday”
How he misses her and feet how she was with him

“Well I'm a total wreck and almost every day”
How he feels horrible about it

-Ghost of you: (this one for me is the one that makes more sence)

“If I died we'd be together”
About his comitment with her and how he turnd it down

“At the end of the world”
”Or the last thing I see”
”You are”
”Never coming home”
How shes dead and she will never come home with him again.

“Could I? Should I?”
How he is not sure of doing it or not

“And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me”
“For all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me”
how the trauma of her death afectid him.

-the jetset life is gonna kill you:

“She wants”
”It all to come down this time”
she wants to die and to let go of it all

“Pull the plug”
”But I'd like to learn your name”
How she died and didn’t give him the chance of realy knowing her deeply

”When holding on”
”Well I hope you do the same”
He tells her to hold on and not comit suicide and hang on until it gets better.

Thank you for the venom

“You'll never make me leave”
How she will never convince him truly to do what she did

“So give me all your poison”
”And give me all your pills”
”And give me all your hopeless hearts”
”And make me ill”
How she tries to drive his mind into her plan of suicide

”You're running after something”
”That you'll never kill”
He will try to hang on to life

Hang em’ high:

“Would I die for you?”
”Well here's your answer in spades”
How he questions if he will comit with her

“Gun it while i'm holding on”
that she killed her self as he tried to hold on to life

“That girl's not right in the brain”
she is too depressed

“She won't stop me put it down”
”So get your gun and meet me by the door”
he trying to save her but she won’t lisen and keeps on
-It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish:
“For what you did to me,”
”And what I'll do to you,”
”You get, what everyone else gets,”
”you get a life time!”
How she perswadid him, how he tried to save her so she can have a life time.

“We never got that far,”
”This helps me to think all through the night”
How he thinks about the desicion and dicides not to.

“Hip Hip Hooray for me, you talk to me, but would you kill me in my sleep”
How he is happy that he stays alive but she isn’t and he says that what if she kills him so he can be with her anyway

“We could lose ourselves”
”And paint these walls in pitchfork red”
How they both can lose there minds and comit suicide together

Cementary drive:

“I miss you, I miss you so far”
”And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard”
How he misses her and how the desition was hard to make.

I never told you what Id do for a living:

“And we'll all dance alone to the tune of your death”
”We'll love again, we'll laugh again”
”And it's better off this way”

“Well I tried”
”One more night”
”One more night”
”well I'm laughin', cryin', laughin'”
”I tried, well I tried, well I tried”
How he tried to convince her not to do it but it didn’t work.

“And we'll love again and we'll laugh again”
”We'll cry again and we'll dance again”
”And it's better off this way”
”So much better off this way”
”I can't clean the blood off the sheets in my bed”
That soon he will eb recoverd from the shock of her death and that mabye shes happier now and how he will trie to forget her.

Im not going to “decode” all of the songs just go ang read them for your selves.

Im not sure what to belive anymore, there is no concreat proof about this story so it could just be a rumor a something, of course this is all combind with the demolition lovers story that is the story that gerard “invented” (acording to what the girl said) the demolition lovers story based on that expirience.

I reeealy am not sure about this so just help me out please finding this out.

By the way, sorry if there are spelling errors, english isn’t my first language.
Cementary drive is the most suspicios, but truly I don't know.
Read whats below hehe
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 6th, 2006 at 10:03am
READ HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This could not be what happend, but I just wanna know, there was someone related to someone in the band that comitted suicide. Who was it?
thats all I want to know, whats up there, its JUST A THEORY that I read in a form.
Other, like alot of people are tring to figure out: WHO THE FUK IS MARIA JOSE SANTOS!
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 6th, 2006 at 10:04am
ups doble post hehe
famous_last_words
Motor Baby
famous_last_words
December 6th, 2006 at 10:46am
nah i dont believe it
' i never told you,,,,,,' was written about half way through 03
whilst as 'helena' was the last song written on the album

but i think there may be some truth on 'cemcertary drive' so thats good of you to spot it. i remeber i heard i while back that it was written after someone commited sucide but i never knew if that was truth or not.
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 6th, 2006 at 11:00am
famous_last_words:
nah i dont believe it

but i think there may be some truth on 'cemcertary drive' so thats good of you to spot it. i remeber i heard i while back that it was written after someone commited sucide but i never knew if that was truth or not.

yeah see I also think that there are some twists in some songs though. I realy think that ghost of you reealy has to do with it though and cementrty drive.
It sounds to dramatic but it kinda makes sence.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
December 6th, 2006 at 03:57pm
Demolition Lovers was written by Gerard for his ex-girlfriend Katmandu: In the sdge of the CD packet he saids "I am sorry I wrote every song about killing you, I hope this last one will make up for it."

Helena was about his grandmother, everyone knows that one. I don't know if he wrote every song for personal reasons, but I know a bulk of TCFSR is about the guy who is killing 1000 evil men to get back his girl.
famous_last_words
Motor Baby
famous_last_words
December 6th, 2006 at 04:02pm
KissTheBride:
famous_last_words:
nah i dont believe it

yeah see I also think that there are some twists in some songs though. I realy think that ghost of you reealy has to do with it though and cementrty drive.
It sounds to dramatic but it kinda makes sence.

ye but the ghost of you is more to do with the fear of lossing someone

but still your making good points lol
glitter geek.
Shotgun Sinner
glitter geek.
December 6th, 2006 at 04:49pm
hmm... everyone doesnt trust Wikipedia, but i do...
its says a little about Cemetery Drive...

u should search it...

It said something about a girl Gerard knew that commited suicide in her bathroom when she was left home alone. The lyrics make good sense on that story too, if its true.
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 6th, 2006 at 06:27pm
Kristmas Kii Kii:

u should search it...

It said something about a girl Gerard knew that commited suicide in her bathroom when she was left home alone. The lyrics make good sense on that story too, if its true.

yeah I belive wikipedia too ^^
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 6th, 2006 at 06:28pm
Erry Ishmas:
Demolition Lovers was written by Gerard for his ex-girlfriend Katmandu: In the sdge of the CD packet he saids "I am sorry I wrote every song about killing you, I hope this last one will make up for it."

Helena was about his grandmother, everyone knows that one. I don't know if he wrote every song for personal reasons, but I know a bulk of TCFSR is about the guy who is killing 1000 evil men to get back his girl.

yeah I know its for helena but mabye its just, that tiny peace. But ...do you know who maria jose santos is? I was thinking mabye she had something to do with it...just MABYE
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 6th, 2006 at 07:04pm
KissTheBride:
Erry Ishmas:

yeah I know its for helena but mabye its just, that tiny peace. But ...do you know who maria jose santos is? I was thinking mabye she had something to do with it...just MABYE

No, she's related to Ray somehow if I'm not mistaken.
&
No offense, but I think you're digging too deeply into this, although you have made some good points.
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
December 6th, 2006 at 11:50pm
interesting..but somehow i dont believe it.
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 7th, 2006 at 08:50am
x.quinn.x:
interesting..but somehow i dont believe it.

yeah it sounds too dramatic, but I just want to know if it has to do with the suicidel friend and even if it isn't that way I just want to know about the friend.
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 7th, 2006 at 09:16am
Kristmas Kii Kii:

u should search it...

thank you so much, though im not that sure but ill dig in further to see if its true or not:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cemetery_Drive
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
December 8th, 2006 at 06:48pm
Didn't his ex-girl friend commit suicide?
drink ourselves dry.
Crash Queen
drink ourselves dry.
April 10th, 2008 at 05:51am
I guess when you think about, you do have some good points.
It's kind of scary how Gerard could of just gone...and we'd never had heard of him.
But, I've heard that these songs had their own meaning, far from this suicide thing.
But, Cemetery Drive was about Mikey + Gerard's friend.
^^I read that somewhere.
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
April 10th, 2008 at 06:00am
Well I know he did lose a friend from sucide and thats how he sorta came out with Cemetery Drive if this helps. I read this in a art article when he was in art school when he wrote down stuff when the band was barely forming. and I read this a very long time ago so I wouldn't know where to find it again to show you guys.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
April 10th, 2008 at 07:03am
sally synyster.:
Didn't his ex-girl friend commit suicide?

That's Bert McCracken, i think.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 10th, 2008 at 07:28am
^ yer. bert's gf committed suicide. she od'd whilst she was pregnant with his child.

yer. heard all that stuff bout cemetery drive. i read it was gee and mikey's friend.
i have heard a few stories bout gee's friend killing herself and he found her... but im not sure.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
April 10th, 2008 at 10:26am
Interesting, but here are the facts as I know them:

"Helena" was definitely written specifically for G and Mikey's grandmother after she passed. G has referred to it as "an open angry letter" to himself.

"Famous Last Words" was the song written at the Paramour that pulled everyone out of the depths of despair that that place had sent them tailspinning into, and was written with Mikey in mind - to try and get him back within the folds of the band.

"Cemetery Drive" - Gerard has said he always thinks of his grandmother when he sings this song, so it could also have been written with her in mind. He has also referred to it as being about "the hardest drive he and Mikey and the band ever went on."

"Demolition Lovers" - G used to dedicate this one to his ex, and he meant it to be a bridge between Bullets and Revenge.

"The Ghost of You" - G has said that he wrote this while contemplating the fear that people have of losing someone that they love to warfare.

"The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You" and "Hang 'Em High" - Gerard has stated definitively that these songs are 100% about drug addiction.

"Thank You for the Venom" - G once stated that this was aimed at both doctors and naysayers.

"Give 'Em Hell, Kid" - G always gives inspirational speeches before this one; I'm guessing it's meant to encourage everyone to stick their collective middle finger up at anyone who wants to down them for being who they are.

"It's Not a Fashion Statement, It's a Fucking Deathwish" - is actually the first song G ever wrote.

"Cubicles" - G wrote this because he was a perpetual intern and wanted to write about the sterility of the office environment.

"Headfirst for Halos" - started out as a joke.

"Vampires Will Never Hurt You" - G has stated more than once that this song is about seedy people who want to keep you down with them.

I singled out only the songs that you mentioned, with the exception of Monroeville, which has no backstory that I am aware of.

The story about the friend who committed suicide has been circulating about for the longest, but I don't believe that anyone has ever produced confirmation of same, so it remains just that, a story.

Hope this helps, and P.S.: the reason that so many distrust wikipedia is that it can be edited by anyone, and we have all personally spotted nonsensical information on the MCR page before.