Don't have an account? Create one!

Sexism.

AuthorMessage
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
December 9th, 2006 at 01:18am
What do you think about sexism?
Can it be good in some cases, helping stereotype?
Do females always seem to get more sexist remarks made at them than men?
What about sexist jokes? Do you find them funny?

Discuss.
EyesOfACriminal
Banned
EyesOfACriminal
December 9th, 2006 at 01:20am
I think it traces back to times when the women were the housewives; cook, clean and raise children. When men were the hunter-gatherer roles.
OMG.
Salute You in Your Grave
OMG.
December 9th, 2006 at 02:06am
I think women and men can equally do everything. There is no such thing as a girl job of a boy job.
Fluffy Bunny of Doom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Fluffy Bunny of Doom
December 11th, 2006 at 03:42am
girls can do the same things boys can,no one has the right to say otherwise.i feel like we do live in a male dominated world though.
ambry9
Joining The Black Parade
ambry9
December 11th, 2006 at 08:10pm
Well theres always a lot of sexist remarks at school, but most of it is meant to be jokingly. I honestly think a lot of sexist remarks are directed towards women though. Sure those kinds of remarks can be made at men as well but it just seems women get the heat of that most.
Vermillion
Killjoy
Vermillion
December 11th, 2006 at 09:09pm
Women are always going to be bombarded with vicious sexist remarks. It's a fact of life. Way back along time ago, women were concidered unclean and good for nothing. That and most religions, (no offence!), are man-based religions.
Noah.
Jazz Hands
Noah.
December 12th, 2006 at 02:21am
I have to admit... I feel that come through alot me. I hear men say things like that all the time. I think I can do anything just aswell as guys can and they can do the same as me. I do not think it should matter what sex you are, if you fit the role of doing something or if you know you can do it. It shouldn't matter at all.
abcdefrankiero
Killjoy
abcdefrankiero
December 13th, 2006 at 09:22pm
I don't understand sexism. Men and women can do the same jobs and what not. I do hear some sexist jokes and what not geared towards woman, but I don't think they are serious. But I still think that people should treat men and woman the same.
MusicalMueth
Killjoy
MusicalMueth
December 13th, 2006 at 09:48pm
What do you think about sexism?
Can it be good in some cases, helping stereotype?
Do females always seem to get more sexist remarks made at them than men?
What about sexist jokes? Do you find them funny?

Sexism=unfair stereotypes towards both men and women. As far as who gets more sexist comments, I think it's the women. Face it, we live in a male-dominated world. But I think that the stereotype that men are all sexist is rarely aknowledged.

I find sexist jokes--directed towards male or female-- HIGHLY OFFENSIVE.
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
December 13th, 2006 at 10:55pm
It's true. We do live in a male dominated world.
And in some under developed[?] countries, women are always degrated and such.
Although I think that we aren't taking it too seriously anymore.
Eventually, it won't be as bad.
Nikkilodeon
Bleeding on the Floor
Nikkilodeon
December 14th, 2006 at 08:13pm
i believe women can do anything they want and i find it very offensive but when you get a family and children i do believe that a woman should be more duitiful to her children and household than the father because thats how its always been
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
December 14th, 2006 at 09:47pm
A male dominated world maybe. But not the US. Who gets hired more often? The blond or some guy. Usually the blond. Although it may be for the wrong reasons. Women have the same chance to get positions in jobs normally considered to be guy jobs as guys do. You just dont see many women scrambling to be firefighters or construction workers. Although i know a couple of them.

And i actually see more sexism towards men. But then again, i was raised without a dad for almost 9 years. So i cant really blame her for being a little upset.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
December 14th, 2006 at 09:49pm
BunniesEarsFlop:

I find sexist jokes--directed towards male or female-- HIGHLY OFFENSIVE.

But they are just that- JOKES.
Jokes aren't serious, and are intended to be funny, and just because somebody tells a sexist joke, it doesn't mean they are trying to offend people.
If somebody tells sexist jokes, and believes them, then there is a problem with that, but if they are just telling jokes for the hell of it, then I don't see a problem with that
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
December 19th, 2006 at 12:08pm
This is an article I looked up. Woman's rights are really important to me. without it I can't play football. :Feminism is a collection of social theories, political movements and moral philosophies, largely motivated or concerned with the liberation of women. Most feminists are especially concerned with social, political and economic inequality between men and women (in the context of it being to the disadvantage of women); some have argued that gendered and sexed identities, such as "man" and "woman", are socially constructed. Feminists differ over the sources of inequality, how to attain equality, and the extent to which gender and gender-based identities should be questioned and critiqued. In simple terms, feminism is the belief in social, political and economic equality of the sexes, and the movement organized around the belief that gender should not be the pre-determinant factor shaping a person's social identity, or socio-political or economic rights.

Most modern feminist political activists commonly campaign on issues such as reproductive rights, including the right to safe, legal abortion, access to contraception and quality prenatal care, violence within a domestic partnership, maternity leave, equal pay, sexual harassment, street harassment, discrimination and rape. Many feminists today argue that feminism is a grass-roots movement that seeks to cross boundaries based on social class, race, culture and religion. They also argue that an effective feminist movement should be culturally specific and address issues relevant to the women of the society in question such as female genital cutting, or "clitorectomies", in Africa and the Middle East and the "glass ceiling" issue in developed economies. They also debate the extent to which certain issues such as rape, incest and mothering are universal. Themes explored in feminism include patriarchy, stereotyping, sexual objectification and oppression.
Austing
Banned
Austing
December 20th, 2006 at 02:15am
I don't think sexism is a problem in the US

I think it can easily be avoided as well
All we are is here
Joining The Black Parade
All we are is here
December 21st, 2006 at 08:00am
It's always a woman get her clothes off and it's stupid..but it's OK if woman really want to do that..
Adora Angel
In The Murder Scene
Adora Angel
December 23rd, 2006 at 12:47am
All we are is here:
It's always a woman get her clothes off and it's stupid..but it's OK if woman really want to do that..

Umm, what are you getting at?

There are actually male strippers, not just woman. No, it's not always the woman, but yes they are stereotyped to do so because woman are considered to be trashy if they don't respect themselves or their bodies.

So, I don't agree that it's woman that have to always take their clothes off, but the stereotype of it I could work with.
JustASadSong.
Jazz Hands
JustASadSong.
December 23rd, 2006 at 02:42am
A girl can do things just as good as a guy..sometimes better; depending on the situation.

I find a lot of things sexist. Even colours, it's fine if you don't agree but I'm just saying that colours like pink and blue are what I would call sexist. How can they not be if people say blue is for boys and pink is for girls?
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
December 23rd, 2006 at 10:11am
Girls and guys are equal, and it should not matter what sex you are because you can still do anything the opposite sex can do.

What does everyone think about sexism when it protects the girl?
I heard something a while ago about women not being able to be deliver pizzas to people's houses because they could be raped because they're alone. Would that be considered sexism or would it just be considered protecting the girl?
JustASadSong.
Jazz Hands
JustASadSong.
December 23rd, 2006 at 08:09pm
I would consider it protecting the girl, because with a situation like that it can't really been seen as sexism.