Don't have an account? Create one!

Sexism.

AuthorMessage
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 07:25pm
^same here so i was just wondering if i would be considered a feminist. thanks agian for answering my question, this will also sound stupid but is there feminist and maleist? just wondering
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 10th, 2007 at 07:28pm
I don't see how you could have a "maleist" since feminists lobby for equal rights. If women don't have equal rights, that means that men generally have better rights, no?
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
June 10th, 2007 at 07:30pm
^Men can be considered pro-feminist if they believe in equal rights.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 07:40pm
^wtf? that's sexist, so its ok for a women to want free writes but unlawful for a man?
wouldn't that make feminist sexist then even though they do want equality?
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 10th, 2007 at 07:42pm
^Men don't need to campaign for equal rights because they already have all the rights they need.
Unless they campaign for equal rights for women, of course.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 10th, 2007 at 07:48pm
^
Like the guy suing the state of California because it costs about 500 dollars more for a man to take his wife's name as opposed to a woman taking her husband's name.
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
June 10th, 2007 at 07:58pm
savedbymcr_2004:
^wtf? that's sexist, so its ok for a women to want free writes but unlawful for a man?
wouldn't that make feminist sexist then even though they do want equality?

Not what I was saying. Feminists and pro-feminists aren't out for just equality for women. It goes all around. If a man wants to support equal rights, he can be considered a feminists (although many prefer pro-feminist).

The fact of the matter is that, like what someone else already said, when the feminist movement started, men already had all the rights that they wanted and then some. And men still have an edge in today's society over women.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 08:05pm
^i read somewhere that colleges are more likely to accept a male then a female with the same g.p.a. do feminist protest about that to? and would they protest the rights of children or animals or only adults?
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
June 10th, 2007 at 08:10pm
savedbymcr_2004:
^i read somewhere that colleges are more likely to accept a male then a female with the same g.p.a. do feminist protest about that to? and would they protest the rights of children or animals or only adults?

They do protest things like that. But it also depends. If two people, one male, one female apply to the same school and have the exact same GPA, then it has to come down to other factors. Factors like difficulty of the classes taken, extracurricular activites, and community service. If the male student is more qualified in those terms, then he should be accepted over the female student. But it has to go both ways and currently, in the system, there are clearly some faults, not only when it comes to gender, but also race.

Feminists would also protest for the rights of children.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 08:14pm
^oh ok thanks agian, sorry for bothering you guys so much, i'm an idiot, but i think i get a better veiw on sexism now.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
June 10th, 2007 at 10:47pm
druscilla; in rags:
^
Like the guy suing the state of California because it costs about 500 dollars more for a man to take his wife's name as opposed to a woman taking her husband's name.

Yeah, I heard about that too. I don't understand it either. I wonder why its so hard for a man to take the wife's name? Just wondering...
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 11th, 2007 at 08:17pm
^because isn't it tradition for it to be the mens, and they think well more money, only some people do that so they couldn't have seen the big deal about it
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 11th, 2007 at 08:54pm
^
I disagree. The statistics I read said that above 5% of men take the woman's name.
So out of 100 people, that's 2500 dollars.
I think they have a right to fairness and equality.
It wasn't tradition for women to not be allowed to cry rape, have their own bank account, own property, or leave abusive husbands.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 11th, 2007 at 08:57pm
^ good piont but that might be what they figure
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
June 11th, 2007 at 09:09pm
Tradition huh? But still, thats unfair! Tradition! Since when did taking names have anything to do with the government? Let the guy have his new surname! In my country, the children takes the father's surname but the mother doesn't take anybody's and still has her old one. I'm confused now... Is it always the father's name that they take? I wonder if there's any countries that allow both?
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 11th, 2007 at 09:19pm
^well most people like to do wedding stuff by tradition, you know the guy ask the girls, the takes the guys last name stuff like that. you can make your last name both with a hyphin. it all just is really.
XStay_AwakeX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XStay_AwakeX
June 11th, 2007 at 11:18pm
bellacide:
BeckyxCookies:
oh my God.

okay. i was getting really mad the other night at a band concert. my ex-friend davey was playing this "game" with the girls.

the rules stand up against a wall and if your boobs hit the wall before your nose..you win. if not you lose.

i was about ready to SMACK HIM!

and that isnt why we arent friends anymore..i would tell you but it would be spamming.

and! at the same band concert..the one kid Jay kept asking girls if they were dragons. he asked my friend connor if he thought I was a "dragon" he said yeah. THEN i found out what it meant,

a dragon= a girl with big boobs and a nice ass.

i slapped jay and connor. i was so MAD!. i did really well at the concert, but i was just so angry!>=[

I unfortunatly happen to be able to "win" that game and it sucks because all the people are so sexist and I really dont get it how this world has come to running on sex jokes and crime. but thats a little off topic there, what i said.

Everyone wonders where all this behavior is coming from in the teens these days but i blame tv and junk like that for sexism and i believe women have fought throughout the past hundred years to gain authority and repsect just to have it rediculed in this century. its quite sad.

Yeah.. i could not win that game. i dont even know why i played it. i slapped Davey and he was just like "you're just mad because you have no boobs."

so i slapped him again.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 12th, 2007 at 12:47am
Kaede:
Tradition huh? But still, thats unfair! Tradition! Since when did taking names have anything to do with the government? Let the guy have his new surname! In my country, the children takes the father's surname but the mother doesn't take anybody's and still has her old one. I'm confused now... Is it always the father's name that they take? I wonder if there's any countries that allow both?

The last name the child gets is the one the mother writes down on the birth certificate [in the US].
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
June 12th, 2007 at 03:18pm
Kaede:
Tradition huh? But still, thats unfair! Tradition! Since when did taking names have anything to do with the government?

Actually, your name is a legal document and the government has EVERYTHING to do with your name. Here in the US, the Social Security Administration controls your identity through their documents. You can call yourself whatever you want, but legally you are whatever is written on your birth certificate. Unless you apply for a legal name change, you can't legally use any other name.

BUT, if I have a child and want to name it Princess Strawberry Cucpake, I can. all I have to do is write that on the birth certificate. There is no law or rule that you HAVE to give or take any specific last name.

When you get married in the US you can also change your name to whatever the hell you want it to be. Tradition implies that you should make your old last name become your middle name and that because you belong to your husband now, you must take his name.

But to hell with tradition. I didn't follow it. I made up a new name. It s perfectly legal here. All it takes is a form and a trip to the social security office.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 7th, 2008 at 10:58am
I have noticed that females go get more sexist remarks aimed at them. It's not fair, and no sexist jokes are NOT funny.