Don't have an account? Create one!

What do u think the next album's gonna be like?

AuthorMessage
stuck_inside_at_3:09
Killjoy
stuck_inside_at_3:09
December 11th, 2006 at 11:24pm
I know its a bit early as TBP's only been out 2 months, but what do u think the next album's gonna sound like. it's just their albums have been steadily getting more poppier since the first one.

I hope they don't do another one like TBP, cos... well, it was alright, but didn't have any of what i really liked about my chem, which is slightly whiny dark sounding punk rock with a bit of shouting.
Jeanne Paulin.
Shotgun Sinner
Jeanne Paulin.
December 19th, 2006 at 02:38am
i like the 2 previous albums than the black parade... hope they'll make a sequel to three cheers.
i miss their old sound
Bethanyblueberry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bethanyblueberry
December 19th, 2006 at 03:25am
i bet the next album wont come out til 2008. the other ones have a 2 year intervil
we're pretty. odd.
Always Born a Crime
we're pretty. odd.
December 19th, 2006 at 03:26am
As much as I like Three Cheers I think TBP is better.

Maybe because I didn't discover My Chem until one afternoon when I was watching MTV and I almost crapped myself because I saw Gee doing all that dramatic stuff in that dramatic way he does. xD

But me and my friends were talking about this and they reckon there won't be another album for a while... maybe won't even be another one. Which is sad; I hope they do.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
December 19th, 2006 at 05:57am
I really don't know what to expect about the fourth album. All of their albums compose a series of stories. Let me explain:

I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love: I think it all starts with a relationship about a man and a woman.

Obviously, their relationship is very chaotic and unstable. In the song Drowning Lessons, the man punishes the woman for lying to him and making him believe her lies. Even though the guy cheats on the girl, he still loves her very much. The song Demolition Lovers is about them being together and being blown apart "As we're falling down..when in this pool of blood".

After being blown apart, the guy ends up in purgatory. The girl ends up somewhere else I don't know. The guy makes a pact with Satan that if he kills 1000 evil men, he and his lover will be together again. Then comes Three Cheers.

Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge: This album is mainly about the guy fulfilling his pact with Satan. He tries his very best to fulfill it but I think he somewhat failed. In the last song of the album, I Never Told You What I Do For A Living, "They gave us two shots to the back of the head.

The Black Parade: I don't know how to connect the two albums to this one. It has a somewhat different theme. But I think that the two lovers will meet again in the black parade. I haven't really thought about the next album but I think it will be tragic as all of their albums were.
Ghost Who Walks
Really Not Okay
Ghost Who Walks
December 19th, 2006 at 08:27am
^^ Hey that was an awesome debrief of the albums!
I didn't know half of that stuff Very Happy

I'm hoping their next album is more like Three Cheers than TBP.
I hope its more in your face like Three Cheers as well.
famous_last_words
Motor Baby
famous_last_words
December 19th, 2006 at 09:52am
ive got no idea when were even gonna see a new album, all i know is that there touring for like 2 years then having a break.
SuperBecky2410
Salute You in Your Grave
SuperBecky2410
December 20th, 2006 at 02:31am
I'm still in awe from The Black Parade to even ponder the next album.
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
December 20th, 2006 at 04:36am
New albums seem scary.
I think the next one should be just them...rocking out.
Laughing

No more concept.
No more EPIC this and EPIC that...I've had enough of that shoved down my throat.
XD
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
December 20th, 2006 at 05:31am
I would probably think that the band would have some time at home with their families, and just chill out after all the touring that they've been doing rather than going back to the studio. It would also help them see where they feel they are going as individual's, as well as the band on a whole.
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
December 20th, 2006 at 06:00pm
Captain W. Spanky:

But me and my friends were talking about this and they reckon there won't be another album for a while... maybe won't even be another one. Which is sad; I hope they do.

I can almost guarntee that they'll be another album.
TBP has been WAY too popular for them to quit now.
collateral damage.
Awake and Unafraid
collateral damage.
December 20th, 2006 at 07:48pm
Melodramatic.:

No more concept.
No more EPIC this and EPIC that...I've had enough of that shoved down my throat.
XD

*nods yes uncontrollably*
Mad World.
Shotgun Sinner
Mad World.
December 21st, 2006 at 12:22am
Yeah, I hope they kind of lean away from a concept album. But all the same, I'm really not sure what to expect. If you think about it, TBP was somewhat comprable to Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Not that I feel I can compare the two, but it is the same idea. (I would have liked to see TBP as a double disc though). I'm thinking that the next album will be as multi-dimensional as TBP, but the ideas will definitely be different. I know they said they were going to take a long break after TBP tour (which makes me want to cry), and I guess it will depend on what happens to the guys during this time. I hope they will be able to produce an album as awesome as the last three, but I wonder if they've burned out on this one. Hopefully not. Life wouldn't be the same. But I think they are talented and creative enough to produce another epic record.
Whew....ok...I'm done.
Scream!
Jazz Hands
Scream!
December 24th, 2006 at 01:17pm
arsonist; edlaine:
I really don't know what to expect about the fourth album. All of their albums compose a series of stories. Let me explain:

I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love: I think it all starts with a relationship about a man and a woman.

Obviously, their relationship is very chaotic and unstable. In the song Drowning Lessons, the man punishes the woman for lying to him and making him believe her lies. Even though the guy cheats on the girl, he still loves her very much. The song Demolition Lovers is about them being together and being blown apart "As we're falling down..when in this pool of blood".

After being blown apart, the guy ends up in purgatory. The girl ends up somewhere else I don't know. The guy makes a pact with Satan that if he kills 1000 evil men, he and his lover will be together again. Then comes Three Cheers.

Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge: This album is mainly about the guy fulfilling his pact with Satan. He tries his very best to fulfill it but I think he somewhat failed. In the last song of the album, I Never Told You What I Do For A Living, "They gave us two shots to the back of the head.

The Black Parade: I don't know how to connect the two albums to this one. It has a somewhat different theme. But I think that the two lovers will meet again in the black parade. I haven't really thought about the next album but I think it will be tragic as all of their albums were.
I kinda agree with this.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 24th, 2006 at 01:29pm
Captain W. Spanky:

They've already said that they're making another album, so don't worry.
Mother War
Banned
Mother War
December 24th, 2006 at 01:59pm
well yeah;
they are going on a break
and gerard said so they could get houses and have kids
soo it will probably be at least a year long break, right?
so new album like out in like 2008 or later
but either way; i cannot wait
collateral damage.
Awake and Unafraid
collateral damage.
December 24th, 2006 at 02:02pm
Mother War:
well yeah;
they are going on a break
and gerard said so they could get houses and have kids
soo it will probably be at least a year long break, right?
so new album like out in like 2008 or later
but either way; i cannot wait

in an interview, they said for the past 3 cd's they never stopped writting, and that took about two years, so if they take a break, say maybe a year or two, they may not come out with an album till about 2011
sheer.heart.attack
Bleeding on the Floor
sheer.heart.attack
December 24th, 2006 at 03:15pm
I agree that the CDs sound more different every time. It may not even be just a concept of whether MCR changed the way they sounded, it might be because Reprise Records wanted them to sound different.

see my uncle's a musician, and he used to be really rock n' roll in the nineties, but he redid one of his old songs. His record made him change the way it sounded, so it ended up really poppy.

that might not be the case, but it's just a theory. besides, Gerard even said it's what they aimed for. I mean I like it, and if they're happy with the way it sounds, then so am I.
famous living dead;
Awake and Unafraid
famous living dead;
December 29th, 2006 at 05:51pm
i think that their fourth album with be just as good as the rest
i mean so far to me all their albums are GREAT
r e v e n g e
Shotgun Sinner
r e v e n g e
December 29th, 2006 at 09:45pm
eep. i havent even started to think about it Surprised

It scares me thinking about what they're going to end up sounding like .