Fabulous Killjoy
akjfoprg
December 15th, 2006 at 07:08pm
I honestly don't know why I made this
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
December 16th, 2006 at 03:41am
The day John Howard loses his spot to some other (undoubtedly) dickhead will be a happy day.
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
December 16th, 2006 at 03:43am
in my opinion...all politicians are dickheads. i mean..they're politicians. they make promises they cant keep to get elected. i wont be surprised if john howard announces his marriage to george bush soon.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
December 16th, 2006 at 10:31pm
I don't want to think about politics =/
We got a massive lecture in English about how we should make our vote count & all that jazz, so now I will feel really bad if I don't put some thought into my vote XD

Sucks that the next election (in NSW at least) is on the 24th of March =(
akjfoprg
Fabulous Killjoy
akjfoprg
December 17th, 2006 at 01:55am
If all else fails blame john howard
We had to make a flag in class about parliament and I drew an angry john howard yelling at a guy with a screw driver

I got in trouble but it was worth it
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
December 17th, 2006 at 08:37pm
Our Avenged Jules:
The day John Howard loses his spot to some other (undoubtedly) dickhead will be a happy day.

Yeah I totally agree. Though I think that Kevin Rudd or Julia Gillard would make excellent PMs. Beazley was useless.
Ghost Who Walks
Really Not Okay
Ghost Who Walks
March 3rd, 2007 at 11:59pm
Hmmm...where to start...?

Well one...

Article

There is not fricken way that the Federal Government is making my home town into the next Springfield! I think John Howard is being a cheap bastard by even suggesting that we use Nuclear Power instead of investigating other renewable energy sources.

Anyone else agree???
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
March 4th, 2007 at 02:40am
^ I'm with you on that, I think before picking out sites for the reactors, maybe we should take baby steps first and work out how to safely deal with nuclear waste hey Johnny?
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
March 4th, 2007 at 06:00am
I love politics.

I don't think that there is any real safe way to deal with nuclear waste...it's waste and it takes time for it to become "safe". I don't agree with other countries dumping their waste here...which is a proposition from the US and knowing Johnny he would let it happen. But not in the election year.

I want to know what will happen to Kevin Rudd given this scandal. I hope he stays...he's great.
Hide and Seek Me.
Bleeding on the Floor
Hide and Seek Me.
March 4th, 2007 at 05:53pm
If John Howard gets back inn government , we will get nuclear power.

I will seriously lose faith in my fellow Aussies if he gets back in.
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
March 5th, 2007 at 06:22am
Yeah but even if Labor wins we will probably get it.
i want pumpkin pie
Jazz Hands
i want pumpkin pie
March 5th, 2007 at 07:58pm
i strongly dislike john howard.....
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
March 6th, 2007 at 02:13am
The idea of nuclear power should only be definitely considered in desperate times.
What about using natural energy, such as wind and water - hydroelectricity?
I understand it's expensive, but the dumping of nuclear waste will be more expensive to fix.
Mind you, it'll probably get chucked in good ol' South Australia, too.
Which is disgraceful - they wouldn't dare do it in any of the east coast states.
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
March 6th, 2007 at 02:52am
The problem with neutral energy isn't its expense as such, it is just difficult. 50 wind turbines won't power the whole country, you can't just put them anywhere they need to be in special places.

Nuclear power is just easy...that's one reason why they want to do it. They want to dump it out in woop woop in the desert....not in suburban Adelaide. I don't agree with nuclear power or dumping other countries waste in our country.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
March 6th, 2007 at 04:47am
Actually, there are two nuclear power plants proposed to power Adelaide.
To "reduce the strain of energy companies".
Adelaide has about one million people, and compared to Sydney or Melbourne, it's tiny.
And that's two plants for this city.

I know they won't dump it in suburban Adelaide. That'd be the stupidest thing on the face of the planet.
But, our premier, Mike Rann, is against nuclear power in South Australia, so he has proposed that if the federal government plan to put plants, or waste, in our state, it'll go to a referendum in S.A.

Which has actually shocked me, to be honest.
Because having a referendum would be great.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
March 6th, 2007 at 04:51am

Y'know, I don't really care about politics.
Basically everybody in it is the same.
I don't think it'll make a difference which way I vote, the only reason I'm voting is so I don't get a fine.

However the Maxine Mckew(sp?) thing is quite interesting.
Even if I did only find out about it in a lecture today XD
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
March 7th, 2007 at 03:29am
It is kind of sad people do not care who runs the country. If you think something stinks, voting is your chance to change that and your vote will make a difference.

And I think if there is a referendum about nuclear power in Adelaide the majority of people will probably oppose it because many people don't like the idea of nuclear power.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
March 7th, 2007 at 04:43pm

Do you actually have to vote yet though?
I have to vote in the next election, and I honestly haven't developed the whole "I want my say in who runs the country" part of my brain yet.
I don't think Australia is that bad as it is, I mean sure there are some things which pretty much suck, but that's going to be the case whoever runs the country.
They are pretty much all the same.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
March 8th, 2007 at 12:21am
the.sound.of.black:
And I think if there is a referendum about nuclear power in Adelaide the majority of people will probably oppose it because many people don't like the idea of nuclear power.

Of course. I don't think there are many Australians who enjoy the idea of nuclear power.
Not because of the process of making the power, but rather, the process of dumping the waste.
There is no efficient way to do so, without causing some harm to the environment at the least.
I:IIIIII
Fabulous Killjoy
I:IIIIII
March 8th, 2007 at 01:59am
Well my town is already picked as a prime spot for a nuclear powerplant. (portland, vic) they had better not put one here, i mean, we already have wind turbines, isnt that enough?
this is what i recon will happen (but i bloody hope it doesnt):
john howard will win the next election, australia will get nuclear power plants all over it, AND johnnys gonna let all the other countries dump their nuclear waste here, so the next picture of australia from space will show us glowing bright green. fun fun.