Don't have an account? Create one!

What mcr song reminds you of a particular thing?

AuthorMessage
Echoes of Lost Hope
Salute You in Your Grave
Echoes of Lost Hope
October 14th, 2005 at 04:12pm
You know how sometime in your life a song makes you think of something every time you hear it. Whether the lyrics affect you in some way you or were with someone when a certain song was on. I jut wanted to know what you think about when you hear a particular mcr song. Everytime I hear thank you for the venom, whenever gerard sings "black is the kiss, the torch of the serpant son, it aint the mark or the scar that makes you one" it reminds me of harry potter and the goblet of fire. It makes me think of the dark mark (a skull with a serpent coming out of it's mouth) and whenever the wizard people see it in the sky they run for their lives. And harry potter has a lightning bolt scar on his forehead.
xXxHoNeYbLoNdExXx
Killjoy
xXxHoNeYbLoNdExXx
October 18th, 2005 at 08:22pm
Good topic. For some strange reason. Ghost Of You always reminds me of hurricane katrina. It's weird. I don't know, something in the chorus of the song. Plus ghost was all i listened to, all that week before the strrom, being that i had just discovered them and downloaded the song off kazaa out of curiousity.

I guess just the lyrics and the whole sound of the song jus reminds me of almost dying and going through horror and losing everything, including lives close to me. And everytime i listen to it, it likes a flash back of my whole life plays in my head.

<3

HoneyB
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
October 18th, 2005 at 08:26pm
In "It's Not a Fashion Statement it's a Fucking Deathwish" where he goes "Just Like the Leaves Changing Colors" it reminds me of the cover of a goosebumps book.
i'mnotokayipromise
Bleeding on the Floor
i'mnotokayipromise
October 18th, 2005 at 11:52pm
"Hange 'Em High" always reminds me of the movie "The Quick And The Dead" because it's got all the content of an old western.
Starlight
Bleeding on the Floor
Starlight
October 18th, 2005 at 11:57pm
'you know what they do to guys like us in prison' always reminds me of this restaurant near my dads work place. and then i imagine mcr dancing down the main street outside it with this big crowd behind them Confused
Sophistipunk.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sophistipunk.
October 19th, 2005 at 12:03am
"Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us" reminds me of honey, candy, sex, and needles.
Its wierd.
EsquisiteCorpse.
Bleeding on the Floor
EsquisiteCorpse.
October 19th, 2005 at 12:05am
The video for im not okay, the part when teh chavs throw teh samich at frankie. reminds of the time when i was in 7th grade and all these chavs threw franch fries at me and my friends and called us goth-freaks, that was not cool
iDancewithWolves
Thinking Happy Thoughts
iDancewithWolves
October 19th, 2005 at 12:06am
Im Not Okay reminds me of my life in HS, i dont have much friends -.- and im a outsider which is kinda cool and kind of uncool.
Thanks For the Venom reminds me of all the things that my mom said to me that were all lies and how much i hate her =]
Cemetery Drive reminds me of death, dont ask why.
Hang 'Em High reminds me of being a outkast, like "just leave me the fcuk alone"
Demolition Lovers reminds me of my family scuking soo much and that i have no one to love but my music.
...you might think im crazy but... crap Embarassed
OMGz AMY!
Bleeding on the Floor
OMGz AMY!
October 19th, 2005 at 12:06am
every song reminds me of something. but i sometimes cry when i hear Helena because my x boyfriend(yes, the one i talk about all the time) he burned Helena for me and wrote on the cd "this is for you, since you love mcr so much. I love you Amy. Love, Charlie." so yah... helena reminds me of him.
xmarksthespot
Killjoy
xmarksthespot
October 19th, 2005 at 04:49pm
Im not Okay reminds me of my weirdness. Helena reminds me of my grandmom. She was my best friend, second mom, and everything to me.
RIP- Ninnie. I love you.
matt skiba!
Awake and Unafraid
matt skiba!
October 19th, 2005 at 04:55pm
Drowning Lessons reminds me of my birthday.

I dont know why.
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
October 19th, 2005 at 04:57pm
I'm not Okay reminds me of me.. a lot. My friends say they wrote it for me... haha. Um, Helena makes me think of my grandma, and To The End reminds me of tons of stuff.
XxPoisoned_CookiexX
Demolition Lover
XxPoisoned_CookiexX
October 19th, 2005 at 05:17pm
Vampires Will Never Hurt You-It reminds me back when I was in 2nd (jeez it feels like forever ago) me and this guy we used to pretend to be vampires to scare this girl.. good times good times
D i s c o! Dresden.
Salute You in Your Grave
D i s c o! Dresden.
October 19th, 2005 at 05:22pm
'Drowning Lessons' reminds me of Ray. Because on the booklet, his picture is on that song. But it's weird because none of the other songs remind me of what's on their page.
MyBrutalRomance
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MyBrutalRomance
November 4th, 2005 at 07:30am
Nice topic! well umm...
="I'm not okay" it reminds me to puke and feel shitty about myself a lot...hmm..dunno why!
="Helena" reminds me of Gerard Way...alot!
="Cemtery Drive" it reminds me of my obsession with MCR bcoz of the line "i miss you, i miss you so far and the collision of your kiss that made it so hard...wierd! Smile
="the ghost of you" reminds me Gerard in that elvis presley look and world war 2!...lol
Demolition_Lover
Fabulous Killjoy
Demolition_Lover
November 5th, 2005 at 11:11pm
Headfirst for Halos reminds me of my friend, she was going to commit suicide and was listening to a cd I burnt for her, but when it came on and everything especially "think happy thoughts" made her breakdown even more and she couldn't go through with it. So yes, I love that song because it saved my best friend.
lynda is nonexistant
Bulletproof Heart
lynda is nonexistant
November 5th, 2005 at 11:21pm
No, no, no.
Echoes of Lost Hope
Salute You in Your Grave
Echoes of Lost Hope
November 5th, 2005 at 11:39pm
cemetary drive reminds me of the rocky horror picture show. when he says "this night, walk the dead..." his voice reminds me so much of riff raff from rocky horror. it's un real.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
November 5th, 2005 at 11:59pm
^now that you say that,he does sound like riff raff, I haven't seen that movie in a long time.and thanks again for astro zombies.
Danibabi!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danibabi!
November 6th, 2005 at 12:10pm
Echoes_Of_Lost_Hope:
Everytime I hear thank you for the venom, whenever gerard sings "black is the kiss, the touch of the serpant son, it aint the mark or the scar that makes you one" it reminds me of harry potter and the goblet of fire. It makes me think of the dark mark (a skull with a serpent coming out of it's mouth) and whenever the wizard people see it in the sky they run for their lives. And harry potter has a lightning bolt scar on his forehead.
HA! me too! that song makes me want to read HP again...