Don't have an account? Create one!

03/01/2007 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

AuthorMessage
HaHaHaHa.
Really Not Okay
HaHaHaHa.
March 1st, 2007 at 04:58pm
Lmao..missing a CONCERT on my friggin birthday =[
if only i could somehow get to it lol...its probally over anyway..and its in the us lol??
mcrcrazedfan
Salute You in Your Grave
mcrcrazedfan
March 2nd, 2007 at 12:14am
How did it go guys???? Razz
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 2nd, 2007 at 09:14am
Here's my experience

I hadn't sat still since 5:30 am. I was fidgeting all day, with nervous excitement. When I finally left work, I was stuck in traffic, and was mood swinging from excited to road rage. I changed at a Burger King, and I got to the Allstate around 6.

I got in, got my wristband, and was standing on the floor. I was already pretty close. If there were seats...I'd guess...14th row. I was standing there for about 10 mins then I hear my name. I look and see the one and only STEPH!!!! She was with her dad. We were talking, and finally Rise Against comes on.

That's when it got crazy. By their third song, we were pushing, and shoving, and a bunch of us fell. I fell flat on my ass. We almost died!!!! We pulled back a ways, and were talking and laughing about how awesome it was that we almost died! Haha.

After Rise Against were done, (Which by the way was an awesome set) Steph and I were trying to get an MCR chant started, but failed multiple times. We did kinda start a short one though.

Okay, then the lights go down, and it's time for MCR!!! I wanted to stab the people in front of me who were like 65464 feet tall. MCR played the entire Black Parade front to back. About halfway through "How I Disappear" I got fed up with the tall guy, and somehow got around him. By the time "I Don't Love You" was halfway through, I was about 3 people from the front.

Yes, I got CLOSE!!!!! It was the greatest. It was so hot though, and after "Welcome To The Black Parade" They shot confetti, and all of us were getting attacked by it. During "Mama" they were shooting fire. I felt the heat from it, that's how close I was!!! They also shot fire during "Famous Last Words"

After they were done with "The Black Parade" They changed back to My Chemical Romance, and performed about 7 songs off "Three Cheers..." They performed these songs...(Correct me if I missed any and if you know the exact order)

-I'm Not Okay

-It's Not A Fashion Statement It's A Deathwish

-Cemetery Drive

-The Ghost Of You

-Give 'Em Hell Kid

-Thank You For The Venom

And last but not least -Helena

It was about 10:30 when the show ended. And during the last few songs, I was tired, and I almost passed out a cople times. As they were performing as MCR (Mikey even put the glasses back on! Haha) In between songs, Gerard picks up something and was like "Oohhh hohoho...blah blah blah." (It was bunny ears) "I'm sure Frank Iero would like to wear these"

So Frank puts on the bunny ears, and that was when I screamed like a banchee. Then at another point, Gerard picks up a t-shirt and was like "What's this? A white t-shirt? It's my favorite!" And as he said that last part, he just tosses the shirt over his shoulder like he didn't care.

Here's some more on just how close I got:

-I swear Gerard looked right at me at one point.

-Frank probably could've seen me waving my hands and jumping around. (Part of the reason I would jump when others weren't)

All in all. The show was nothing short of amazing. It was my first MCR show, and I plan on going to many more.

I tried to wait after the show by the tour busses. There was a loading dock there and about 20 people standing outside. 2 girls tried to go down there but got busted. And these 2 guys were hilarious. They were like "They couldn't stop us if we all ran down there" (Me? I swear I saw Frank walking around down there) I waited for an hour, until I couldn't feel my face, my feet, my legs, and my fingers then I left. So I didn't meet anybody, but I had the best night of my life. I did get a tour t-shirt though. Even though it was $25, and I waited a half hour to get it, it was worth it.

And last night I got about 4 hours of sleep, and I'm wide awake right now. It was the greatest night of my life, and the only regret I have is not bringing my camera in. I totally could've, because I didn't get checked by security! Oh well, it was amazing!!!!!!! And I didn't get injured, except for a kick in the head.
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
March 2nd, 2007 at 09:26am
I'm waiting for the PunkRockPix. Very Happy

BUNNY EARS WERE HOT. xD You missed the reinacting part.
At the beginning, Gerard was sitting on a hospital bed as the patient. Mind you, they've only did this once before. Very HappyVery Happy
And I think I saw Lisa. xD
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 2nd, 2007 at 10:05am
yeah tell me when the Punkrockpix comes out.....cause I wanna look....!!!!!!!......Vampirette saw me? O_O I was on Frank's side....like 3 people from the front (For most of the set)

I had the "DEAD!" hoodie on...and for most of it I had black fingerless gloves on, and if you could see...I had camo pants on....
XDistortedIllusionX
Killjoy
XDistortedIllusionX
March 2nd, 2007 at 11:30am
OMG i saw your hands! lol. i was in CC 110 and was kind of happy i wasn't on the ground. Gerard looked at me and my mom five times during the show!! Very Happy bunny ears was great Tongue

that was my first concert AND my first MCR concert... i am soo going to one again!!
BatKissMasquerade
Really Not Okay
BatKissMasquerade
March 2nd, 2007 at 11:55am
Awesome! here's my own experience and if you see any cussing ignore it cuz before the show i was in a crappy mood

My Chemical Romance concert
Thursday March 1st, 2007
7:30 P.M.

First of all I have to say that I was THIS close to not being able to go to the concert at all because of the fucking thunderstorms and wind and other unresolved issues. I barely made it to the Allstate arena around 8:00 P.M. so I didn’t get to see Rise Against perform, which is okay because I really don’t listen to them. I got inside the arena at around 8:20 with my GA floor ticket inside my jean pocket and by then the winds started getting more heavier and the traffic became such a bitch. I made a quick stop to Target before I went inside Allstate because it was right next store. There were so many cars and limos parked there it was crazy. I haven’t been to Allstate in a long time so I got a little bit lost at first because I had to find the booth where they give you the wristbands. People who got GA floor tickets get pink wristbands and the rest of the fans got neon yellow or none at all but I couldn’t tell. Well of course I got a pink wristband and I’m still wearing it as a matter of fact. I made it to the concert just in time because it was when mcr were preparing to get everything set up but inside it was hot as hell. I never seen so many little kids there before ever but it didn’t stop me from having a great time. Basically, the guys performed all of the songs on the black parade album except for Dead! When The End started Gerard appeared wearing a hospital gown and was laying on a gurney. As soon as the song came he ripped off the gown to reveal the marching band uniform. It was simply awesome!

What surprised me the most was that at the beginning Ray was showing so much energy he was moving around as much as Frank was! It was amazing! By the way Frank’s hair is getting long too! What was different about this concert was that the guys used a lot of pyrotechnics like flames and confetti and all of that but it made the show even better. When they were playing Famous Last Words a lot of hot flames were shooting up and from where I was standing I could feel them right in my face. I really liked the black parade banner they used. When they didn’t turn on the spotlights the banner looked like there were stars glowing.

They also performed Blood but what was different was that it sounded like it was playing from a prerecorded tape and this time the curtains came down as well so it was possible Gerard wasn’t really singing the song live but it was kinda funny. What was crazy was that Gerard said that something about the Detroit show he did the night before the audience was the best one but of course all of us were booing because we knew it wasn’t true. (aw don’t worry Detroit fans we love you!)

If anyone was talking about the whole Waycest bullshit well, at one point Gerard was licking his brother’s shirt and during the show he slightly grabbed his package a couple of times and blew kisses to the crowd. As soon as Famous Last Words were over, everything went dark.

When mcr came back on the Revenge banner was posted and all of them were dressed in casual black. Gerard was wearing that leather jacket with the red collar that you might’ve seen in the magazines recently. Later on someone threw a pink and white boa at him. He picked it up and threw it around his neck and someone even threw a pair of bunny ears. He also picked it up but he gave it to Frank and right away Frank put it on. Aw he looked cute with bunny ears. At the end of Mama Gerard was even crying but the way he looked was pretty funny and during that song hot flames were shooting up too.

Mcr sang about seven songs from the Three Cheers album with Helena being the last song. They sang It’s Not A Fashion Statement, The Ghost of You, I’m Not Okay, Give Em’ Hell Kid You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us, Thank You For The Venom, Helena, and Cemetery Drive. During Thank You and It’s Not A Fashion Statement Gerard crossed himself about 3 times during that and before that he preached that mcr was NOT an emo band and that they’re not a death cult. He also said to never take anyone’s shit and be yourself.

The show ended about an hour and half later and I was so damn tired I woke up about 8 in the morning to get everything ready and my legs were hurting from standing the whole time and like I said before the arena was so hot I was thirsty right after the show was over. I didn’t bring my camera but what surprised me was that security just asked if I did bring one and they didn’t do a cavity search or whatever you wanna call it. I knew right there I could sneak one in and no one would check me but damn it was too late to go back and get it.

I wanted to wait by the buses to meet the guys but I live in Indiana and it was a long way home so I had to leave.

But just to let you guys know the other day I was reading an interview with Frank and he said that there’s gonna be another U.S. tour after when they do the festivals over there in Europe. I also heard they might be coming back to Chicago this summer…
mcrcrazedfan
Salute You in Your Grave
mcrcrazedfan
March 2nd, 2007 at 12:34pm
Hmmm i found this video of them playing dead in chicago Razz

and thank you for the venom
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
March 2nd, 2007 at 01:47pm
yesterday school seemed twice as long even though it was a half day. i was so excited! was it just me or was the crowd kind of dead when rise against was playing?

the hospital bed was awesome! i loved it! & i liked the blimp that came out of no where during WTTBP. gerard really got his groove on Dance ! whenever he danced i was just swooning In Love .

frank in bunny ears = <3333

i loved that mikey put his glasses back on!

i almost got my camera confiscated, but i managed to get some vids, but youtube's being stupid so i'll try uploading them later. anybody have any good pics? cuz mine suck.
HaHaHaHa.
Really Not Okay
HaHaHaHa.
March 2nd, 2007 at 01:55pm
Omg guys that sounded like fun lol..
hopefully wen they got some more concerts in UK i will get to go lol..
BatKissMasquerade
Really Not Okay
BatKissMasquerade
March 2nd, 2007 at 02:32pm
BloodTastesLikeSugar:
Omg guys that sounded like fun lol..
hopefully wen they got some more concerts in UK i will get to go lol..

Yea you really should. Honestly the concert last night was the best mcr concert i ever been to and i seen these guys 3 times already! it was just amazing with all the confetti and the huge blimp in the air and all those hot flames blazing
They are gonna be in the UK at the end of this month which just happens to be my birthday so maybe there's a possibility you'll see them Very Happy

I agree with the other post about Gerard getting his groove on. he was simply shaking that ass and hips Naughty

I even read that Mikey and his fiancee were at Target right next to the arena but when i got to the washroom there was alot of smelly socks everywhere!! Shocked
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
March 2nd, 2007 at 02:55pm
mikey was at target?! no way!

ok so i managed to get this vid uploaded, but it's not on youtube it's on myspace. you should be able to see it even if you don't have a myspace:

cancer

sorry for my awful singing, please ignore it!

more later.
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
March 2nd, 2007 at 03:01pm
another one:

WARNING: very loud screaming. it's really shaky at first, but it gets kind of better at the end. sorry, i was kind of freaking out.

i'm not okay
crackerjack
Jazz Hands
crackerjack
March 2nd, 2007 at 03:26pm
An incredible show! <3
I had to take public transportation to the venue. Red and Blue line then a bus. But after about 30mins of waiting I found out I missed the last bus to the Allstate arena! Lucky me there were like 5 other peeps who missed it too so one guy offered to pay for a taxi and we all got in. Security asked if I had a cam, I lied and said no. I completely missed Rise Against set which sucks cause it's always nice to see hometown bands. I made my way up to a pretty close spot on Frank's side (I'm slightly obsessed with Frank In Love ) lol
I loved how they came out as The Black Parade with their jackets and makeup. Gee came out as the patient! Then they played TBP completely. Loved the confetti (took some home haha), the blimp, the backdrop and the fire. Dude you could feel the heat from the fire, Bob must've been sweating like a cow up there. Oh and Bob had a rotating drumset! I took like 5 pics they came out dark. I'm gonna try to fix them later. No biggie since the guy from punkrockpix was shooting Dance
After the Black Parade was My Chemical Romance! I thought it was awesome how they came out looking like oldschool MCR. Mikey had his Chanel glasses on!!!! Gee had his jacket and Frank with the fingerless gloves. They played songs from 3 Cheers. And the waycest lol omg! I was like WTF!? The pink bunny ears was hot haha. Wow the show was just so amazing; too amazing <3
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 2nd, 2007 at 03:44pm
XDistortedIllusionX:
OMG i saw your hands! lol. i was in CC 110 and was kind of happy i wasn't on the ground. Gerard looked at me and my mom five times during the show!! Very Happy bunny ears was great Tongue

that was my first concert AND my first MCR concert... i am soo going to one again!!

my hands??? O_O I was on Frank's side...plus I wasn't the only one wearing gloves...maybe you did see my hands though haha
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
March 2nd, 2007 at 03:56pm
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
March 2nd, 2007 at 04:55pm
Yes, Blood was from the CD.
Also, so was the beginning of 'Sleep' when he goes, '...these terrors, I feel like someone's gripping my throat.'
I felt so bad when he messed up on Cancer. Poor Gee... he kept going though. Very Happy
BatKissMasquerade
Really Not Okay
BatKissMasquerade
March 2nd, 2007 at 05:44pm
crackerjack:
An incredible show! <3
I had to take public transportation to the venue. Red and Blue line then a bus. But after about 30mins of waiting I found out I missed the last bus to the Allstate arena! Lucky me there were like 5 other peeps who missed it too so one guy offered to pay for a taxi and we all got in. Security asked if I had a cam, I lied and said no. I completely missed Rise Against set which sucks cause it's always nice to see hometown bands. I made my way up to a pretty close spot on Frank's side (I'm slightly obsessed with Frank In Love ) lol
I loved how they came out as The Black Parade with their jackets and makeup. Gee came out as the patient! Then they played TBP completely. Loved the confetti (took some home haha), the blimp, the backdrop and the fire. Dude you could feel the heat from the fire, Bob must've been sweating like a cow up there. Oh and Bob had a rotating drumset! I took like 5 pics they came out dark. I'm gonna try to fix them later. No biggie since the guy from punkrockpix was shooting Dance
After the Black Parade was My Chemical Romance! I thought it was awesome how they came out looking like oldschool MCR. Mikey had his Chanel glasses on!!!! Gee had his jacket and Frank with the fingerless gloves. They played songs from 3 Cheers. And the waycest lol omg! I was like WTF!? The pink bunny ears was hot haha. Wow the show was just so amazing; too amazing <3

Yea that was just an awesome concert hell it was the best concert they have done so far! when the hot flames shot up you could just feel the heat in your face when you're so close to the stage and then those spotlights on the top were literally blinding i had to squint!
Jepha.
Salute You in Your Grave
Jepha.
March 2nd, 2007 at 06:39pm
Vampirette:
Yes, Blood was from the CD.
Also, so was the beginning of 'Sleep' when he goes, '...these terrors, I feel like someone's gripping my throat.'
I felt so bad when he messed up on Cancer. Poor Gee... he kept going though. Very Happy

What happne during Cancer?
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
March 2nd, 2007 at 08:13pm
Well, I'm pretty sure he said this: (I know he messed up, just can't remember well)

Turn away
If you could get me a drink
Of water 'cause my lips are chapped and faded
All my agony,
Know that I will never marry,
Baby, I'm just soggy from the chemo,
But counting down the days to go
Call my Aunt Marie
Help her gather all my things.... etcetera. Then everything went smoothly.