Don't have an account? Create one!

The Black Parade back round music for a tv show commercial?

AuthorMessage
rubbaduckie
Jazz Hands
rubbaduckie
December 21st, 2006 at 05:24pm
here is how it happend, i finished watching this extremly stupid game show with my dad (identities or something like that) and was in the kitchen (next 2 the room with the tv) when i heard the black parade coming from the tv room.

as my brother told me, i made this really strange face when i whiped my head from my project (i hoped that it wasn't on fuse or anything..don't want 2 disturb my dad with those dance off commercials...ew) and i thought, uh that couldn't be, so i stood up slowly, trying not 2 get attention and walked 2 the room...and it was some kind of soap oprea...or drama show commercials!

i only saw acouple of seconds of it but it was a girl...in a car crash... i believe

my brother said this "seeeeeeeell ooooooooouuuut"
i have no comment

i am wondering if anyone else saw this... and what you think of it O..O
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
December 21st, 2006 at 06:09pm
Wtf? I know Gerard said in an interview that they would never sell their music for commericals or anything.

Maybe they don't even know it's on there. "/
rubbaduckie
Jazz Hands
rubbaduckie
December 21st, 2006 at 06:21pm
i would think they have 2 O..O
bamcr
Joining The Black Parade
bamcr
December 21st, 2006 at 07:31pm
I'm having this vague recollection of hearing something like that...From like a commercial too. But I think it was on the radio...

Or maybe, it was just for K-ROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas XD
mcrcrazedfan
Salute You in Your Grave
mcrcrazedfan
December 21st, 2006 at 09:46pm
Ya i saw it on CBS for a preview for Friday Night Lights.... I was kinda pissed about it lol
Geoff Rickly
Banned
Geoff Rickly
December 21st, 2006 at 09:50pm
heh. I don't really care if they're on commercials. MCR are REALLY big...I mean come on. I'm suprised it's just now their music is being used in ads. Thursday's Running from the Rain was in a car commercial and Thursday are farrrrr from being sellouts.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
December 22nd, 2006 at 07:08am
all this sell out bisiness is a load of crap! They want their music to be heard by everyone, who cares if its on a commercial? I think its pretty damn cool
purveyors of dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
purveyors of dreams.
December 22nd, 2006 at 07:23am
Well, my local channel used Welcome To The Black Parade for advertising the season finale of Project Runway, so I don't think MCR would even know about that kind of things.
anna's just a kid.
In The Murder Scene
anna's just a kid.
December 22nd, 2006 at 11:31am
mcrcrazedfan:
Ya i saw it on CBS for a preview for Friday Night Lights.... I was kinda pissed about it lol
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
December 22nd, 2006 at 03:20pm
I think this is being blown way out of proportion.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 22nd, 2006 at 03:26pm
AliroSilver:
I think this is being blown way out of proportion.
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
December 22nd, 2006 at 09:22pm
Well...I don't think MCR know about it.
Kinda like what happened with the FLW video.
I'm pretty sure WB said it was okay.
Neutral
But then again...I'm not exactly sure.
JuJuBee426
Jazz Hands
JuJuBee426
December 22nd, 2006 at 10:33pm
I saw it too about 10 minutes ago but it's on NBC. It's promoting the new upcoming episodes of Friday Night Lights like someone else said but once the first new episode airs that's featured in the promos running right now, they'll stop running them. So, I don't think it's a huge deal but to those that do, you won't have long to fret.
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
December 23rd, 2006 at 04:41am
JuJuBee426:
I saw it too about 10 minutes ago but it's on NBC. It's promoting the new upcoming episodes of Friday Night Lights like someone else said but once the first new episode airs that's featured in the promos running right now, they'll stop running them. So, I don't think it's a huge deal but to those that do, you won't have long to fret.

I saw that one yesterday and almost choked on my Mountain Dew. Cry It burned a little and made my throat hurt. Anyway, I found it pretty exciting cause I love that song and seeing it on commercials makes me think that maybe That song is doing really well. (I always think of stuff like that as benifiting the band and promoting them) I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it is awesome! Very Happy
ros.
Salute You in Your Grave
ros.
December 23rd, 2006 at 08:43am
rissane:
Well, my local channel used Welcome To The Black Parade for advertising the season finale of Project Runway, so I don't think MCR would even know about that kind of things.

Yes! I was reading the papers when i heard it and when i looked up i was like "Project runway?!"

ANd then i saw the catwalk and i thought yeah well, it looked kinda like the music video for welcome to the black parade.

Oh but no where near comparable *shakes head vigorously* never! No
rubbaduckie
Jazz Hands
rubbaduckie
December 23rd, 2006 at 09:54am
i would have 2 say i do enjoy seeing anything mcr on it, i never saw the project runway...that would be pretty funny, was the song from the tbp, or one of the other cds?
chapped and faded.
Motor Baby
chapped and faded.
December 24th, 2006 at 01:03am
I highly, highly doubt MCR knew about that. I think those people just had to contact their labels to ask for permission and suchlike.

But, hurrr. At least more people would've heard of them MCR songs.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
December 24th, 2006 at 06:15pm
I heard it when I was watching The Office.
It was in a 'Heroes' commercial.
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
December 30th, 2006 at 11:12am
I heard about it but never saw the commerical.
exterminate.
Shotgun Sinner
exterminate.
December 30th, 2006 at 04:08pm
Is this a US commercial?