Don't have an account? Create one!

The Black Parade back round music for a tv show commercial?

AuthorMessage
Trail Of Dead.
Fabulous Killjoy
Trail Of Dead.
May 25th, 2007 at 01:48pm
i heard it aswell. lol i think its good for mcr.
apocalypse suite.
Jazz Hands
apocalypse suite.
May 27th, 2007 at 12:44am
Am I crazy to say that I kind of like it when I hear MCR songs on commercials...?
MCR is out to be heard by as many people as possible, so yay for commercials.
styles.
Awake and Unafraid
styles.
May 29th, 2007 at 02:31pm
They played the chorus of 'The Black Parade' in one of the opening scenes of Hollyoaks (UK) last week. I thought it was kinda cool to hear it where i wasnt expecting it.
Albus Severus
Joining The Black Parade
Albus Severus
May 31st, 2007 at 07:03pm
I think it feels weird to hear MCR on tv, and I don't know that it actually helps promote the band. Either people already know who does the song and are already fans, or they don't and they aren't. I don't think they're sell-outs, cuz I love them no matter what, but it is definitely weird.
Ben Dover
Fabulous Killjoy
Ben Dover
June 5th, 2007 at 04:24pm
I saw it, I cane running into the living room adn was like "WTF!?"
Its not like him singing or anything its just the opening piano thing form Welcome To The Black Parade.

I dont think theyve sold out, Ive seen many other band's music been used like that, its not a very good example but Angels and Airwaves music was used as something like that too.

And how about the new Cell Phone comercial when the guy is like "And My Chemicam Romance" I was like "..weird.."
kittytoro
Killjoy
kittytoro
June 23rd, 2007 at 11:10am
Did anyone else see the commercial where they used "Mama" for the Sopranos?
I thought it was so weird.
I don't know why I feel so protective of them, but I don't want everyone to know about them, for some reason.

I guess I'm just selfish. ;D
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
July 5th, 2007 at 05:33pm
I was reading AP and there was a part about bands being "sell outs" and it made a good point about how bands nowadays almost have to be sellouts to make money. With all this reselling and burning CD's and downloading for free it's bound to happen.
They're a big band, it's not just us anymore.
Though I would like it to be.

And how about the new Cell Phone comercial when the guy is like "And My Chemicam Romance" I was like "..weird.."

yeah, I saw that I and I was like, "NOOOO!"
operation paperclip.
Killjoy
operation paperclip.
July 7th, 2007 at 04:42am
i saw mcr in a fuse commercial. it's not their song though. just a bunch of clips from all different music videos. it's a really good commercial actually. anyone know what i'm talking about? also, i remember seeing that friday night lights commercial at the movie theater way back in december. my friend and i were just talking and all of a sudden we hear the music. at first we were like, "wtf? wttbp in a commercial for a show about FOOTBALL?" then, we thought it was kinda funny. i think it's cool when i hear mcr in commercials. it actually makes me want to watch the show. i think they're trying to market things toward mcr fans. weird.
PLURification
Killjoy
PLURification
July 7th, 2007 at 08:42pm
I saw that Soprano's commercial a couple of months ago when I was on vaca. It was on the hotel TV screen and I screamed and jumped on the bed like a little girl, haha.
Regardless of how... weird I thought it was (I don't see such an obvious link between Tony Soprano and My Chem) I like hearing MCR mentioned/being played on commercials... it makes me feel special for some reason and I don't know why exactly haha. I blame it on my dorkiness... there really is nothing else to blame it on except for MCR'S COMPLETE AWESOMENESS.
Tehee.
PLURification
Killjoy
PLURification
July 7th, 2007 at 08:43pm
I saw that Soprano's commercial a couple of months ago when I was on vaca. It was on the hotel TV screen and I screamed and jumped on the bed like a little girl, haha.
Regardless of how... weird I thought it was (I don't see such an obvious link between Tony Soprano and My Chem) I like hearing MCR mentioned (cell phone commercial)/being played on commercials... it makes me feel special for some odd reason and I don't know why exactly haha. I blame it on my dorkiness... there really is nothing else to blame it on except for MCR'S COMPLETE AWESOMENESS.
Tehee.
My Chemical Living.
Motor Baby
My Chemical Living.
July 16th, 2007 at 03:47am
I think its kinda weird that MCR is on commercials, im used to old songs being on commercials but maybe if it was a good commerical I wouldn't mind as much
Amanda Shotgun
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Shotgun
July 16th, 2007 at 09:55am
The only reason I'm upset about it being on a commercial for a soap opera or a show about football is because it only encourages the teenies.

But seriously, it's kinda cool. They used a My Chemical Romance song to some clips of the Nascar race I was watching a while ago. before they go to commercial, they put a bunch of clips of recent wrecks during the race and stuff to music and they used an MCR song. I freaked. I was like "Yes! My Chemical Romance has now been heard by a bunch of rednecks!" and my grandma laughed at me.
xizziex
Killjoy
xizziex
July 18th, 2007 at 10:40pm
Wow, that's awesome
Danger.Zone--
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danger.Zone--
July 19th, 2007 at 07:59am
mama was one for the sopranos
lady gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
lady gaga.
July 19th, 2007 at 03:36pm
Ella_Ella_Ella_Eh:
mama was one for the sopranos

i saw that and i died seeing as i love mama xP and i didnt really expect it to be on the sopranos xP
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
July 20th, 2007 at 05:42am
xdeathwishx:

Ha I watch that commercial just cuz he says MCR.Ha Ha ..and the only place I've ehard their music in a commercial is on FUSE,but thats pretty much all I watch..so maybe thats why hehe^_^
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
July 20th, 2007 at 01:38pm
the black parade is used in the prison break ad in RTE1. In Ireland XD
Wil Francis
Joining The Black Parade
Wil Francis
July 22nd, 2007 at 12:36am
its pretty surprising to hear mcr during commericals cause its unexpected to hear that
but i guess mcr are letting there music be heard during commericals to get more publicity thats just a thought im not saying its true

ciar.
Shotgun Sinner
ciar.
July 24th, 2007 at 09:27pm
I heard FLW on an advert once. Cant remember what. MCR would know about it because if a band has there music on and advert/tv programme they get paid each time their song is used.
Bellacide
Awake and Unafraid
Bellacide
July 27th, 2007 at 02:31am
kittytoro:
Did anyone else see the commercial where they used "Mama" for the Sopranos?
I thought it was so weird.
I don't know why I feel so protective of them, but I don't want everyone to know about them, for some reason.

I guess I'm just selfish. ;D

Yea, i heard Mama playingi n my brothers room and it turned out to be off the sopranos commercial.
>.>
and of course, they play the piano cover on some of those Fuse commercials for 'The Worm' website.