AuthorMessage
loaded_gun
Jazz Hands
loaded_gun
March 3rd, 2007 at 11:27am
druscilla_way:
REVENGEXHASXJUSTXWON:
my FREIND thinks insane asylum are stupid there is so much tax money wasted
to go to people who are crazy and will never benefit in society so HE thinks they should all be killed
this is his oppinion

That's lovely.
Tell him he's wrong.
Thousands of people have mental problems.
Most of the people I know would have been killed according to that point of view.
I would have been killed.
They're there to help people.
And not all people who are crazy will never benefit in society.

"Crazy People Who Will Never Benefit in Society"

Isaac Newton
Beethoven
abraham Lincoln
Vincent van Gogh
Winston Churchill
Virginia Woolf
Shaun Colvin
Carrie Fisher
Brooke Shields
Charles Dickens
Michelangelo
Sylvia Plath
Ernest Hemingway

That's lovely druscilla_way. All those people were/are very talented and smart people/ Sometimes I think people who are insane are smarter than those that aren't insane. My Aunt lives in mental hospitl like place and we go and visit her and I get along with her really well actually. She's a little off sometimes but she's nice and I can get along with her. I only get to see her every few months though. They don't allow just any visitors...some weird policy or something. I don't understand all of it. But yeah totally agree with you druscilla.
normal's overrated.
In The Murder Scene
normal's overrated.
March 4th, 2007 at 12:54pm
even the thought of being any where near one scears the shit out of me, i'm afraid of hospitals any way so this is frightened tripled with a fucking china doll on top. They are needed and stuff, so i'd keep them in the world just the fuck away from where ever i happen to be.
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
April 27th, 2007 at 09:29pm
loaded_gun:
druscilla_way:
REVENGEXHASXJUSTXWON:
my FREIND thinks insane asylum are stupid there is so much tax money wasted
to go to people who are crazy and will never benefit in society so HE thinks they should all be killed
this is his oppinion

That's lovely.
Tell him he's wrong.
Thousands of people have mental problems.
Most of the people I know would have been killed according to that point of view.
I would have been killed.
They're there to help people.
And not all people who are crazy will never benefit in society.

"Crazy People Who Will Never Benefit in Society"

Isaac Newton
Beethoven
abraham Lincoln
Vincent van Gogh
Winston Churchill
Virginia Woolf
Shaun Colvin
Carrie Fisher
Brooke Shields
Charles Dickens
Michelangelo
Sylvia Plath
Ernest Hemingway

That's lovely druscilla_way. All those people were/are very talented and smart people/ Sometimes I think people who are insane are smarter than those that aren't insane. My Aunt lives in mental hospitl like place and we go and visit her and I get along with her really well actually. She's a little off sometimes but she's nice and I can get along with her. I only get to see her every few months though. They don't allow just any visitors...some weird policy or something. I don't understand all of it. But yeah totally agree with you druscilla.

"Heres to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes the ones who see things differently they're not fond of rules you can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you cant do is ignore them because they change things they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."
--Richard Feynman
x-DemolitionLover--x
Killjoy
x-DemolitionLover--x
July 15th, 2007 at 06:09pm
where i live, we have one asylum on the edge of the centre of town. when i was a kid, i was so scared of it. i thought people walked around with straight jackets and i even thought they were caged in like animals. but then again, i was very young. now, i go to my local psychiatric hospital which is in the asylum grounds every week for counselling. and it's nothing like i thought when i was a child. the asylum is clean and every patient is treated well and it's really a nice place to be. it scares me to hear about the almost medieval procedures of ice baths and beatings. just because people have mental problems doesn't mean they're not people. they are human beings. and deserve the respect that everyone else gives us "normal" people.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
July 16th, 2007 at 05:44pm
broken.:
"Heres to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes the ones who see things differently they're not fond of rules you can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you cant do is ignore them because they change things they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."
--Richard Feynman

Hey Broken, that quote is actually by Steve Jobs, not Richard Feynman. The full quote is

"Here's to the Crazy Ones!
The misfits.
The rebels.
The troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.

They're not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.
You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They invent.  They imagine.  They heal.
They explore.  They create.  They inspire.
They push the human race forward.
Maybe they have to be crazy.
How else can you stare at an empty canvas & see a work of art?
Or, sit in silence & hear a song that's never been written?
Or, gaze at a red planet & see a laboratory on wheels?
We make tools for these kinds of people.
While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they
can change the world, are the ones who do."

-Steve Jobs of Apple, Inc.
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 16th, 2007 at 07:16pm
Crazy Beautiful:
I think whatever that person needs to be cured should be given. BUt They shouldn't be abused in the process. That just makes it worse, they need loving and care not physical abuse. I study psychology and that's not the right aproach.

I too am studying psychology and agree completely with you. We need to do more for the psychologically and mentally ill in our society because they are people too.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
July 24th, 2007 at 02:24pm
MrRandomGuy:
Crazy Beautiful:
I think whatever that person needs to be cured should be given. BUt They shouldn't be abused in the process. That just makes it worse, they need loving and care not physical abuse. I study psychology and that's not the right aproach.

I too am studying psychology and agree completely with you. We need to do more for the psychologically and mentally ill in our society because they are people too.

I am also studying psychology and I agree with both of you. Abusing them is a stupid approach to helping someone. I just makes it worse.
believing.
Salute You in Your Grave
believing.
December 15th, 2008 at 02:34pm
If a person is mentally ill, they should be helped. Anybody who needs help should be given it. No matter who they are.
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
December 19th, 2008 at 10:23pm
Yeah, I agree. The abuse is not necesary, I don't care what the situation is, under no circumstances should anyone be abused. I don't know much about asylums today, but they probably have cleaned up a bit. The problem with it is, people don't know/understand enough about mental illnesses, which is why the insane were/are treated in such a way. If people were a little more educated about it all, things could improve, and people would have understood that physical abuse is not going to help.
famouslastwordsxoxo
Killjoy
famouslastwordsxoxo
December 12th, 2009 at 03:56pm
xXEmo_MCR_Vampire.x3:
I've herd about asylums... and wow. It really opened my eyes and showed me what these people are going through seems so much larger than my problem to cut. They are/were treated so horrible. In the 1800's, Nelly Bly was a famous muckracker (A person who finds out something no one knows about) She pretended to be insane to get into an asylum and see just how bad patients were treated. When she got into the asylum, she was beaten and given 10 ice baths within 2 days. Sure, asylums HAVE changed abit, but still does anybody know what they do to them? So, what do you think:

1. Should these poor people be abused like they are?
2. Should they be treated with medicine, and all the help needed or should they be left to fend for themselves.
3. Are straight jackets good or bad?

There's alot more things to ask, but basically, what are your ideas on this topic?

1. they shouldn't be treated badly nobody should be treated badly.
2. They should be treated with medicine and all the help needed because sometimes they can't fend for themselves
3. and yes straitjackets should be used. They are kind of fun.
AvengedRomace
Fabulous Killjoy
AvengedRomace
December 14th, 2009 at 09:35am
Should these poor people be abused like they are?
They are not treated as bad as they were because now we know that theses people have 'problems' and we do not think that they are the devil or that they are witches.
Should they be treated with medicine, and all the help needed or should they be left to fend for themselves?.
For me it would have to depend on the problems they have, if they have a real problem, like they can not control themselves, then yes the should be helped and treated with medicine, not left out on the world to be all alone and have to help what so ever.
But if they have a simple problem like say, compulsive lying, or multiple personality problem, then maybe they could be alone and not have a bad problem doing it.
Are straight jackets good or bad?
They could be, but then they have became such a stereotypical thing, that if you are crazy you are put into a room with pads and a straight jacket. but they are also good because if this person is trying to hurt themselves, and or,other people, then they should be put into some kind of restraint to keep them from hurting the lives themselves and other people.....
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
December 22nd, 2009 at 06:07pm
1. Should these poor people be abused like they are?
They aren't anymore, at least not in the UK and America.
2. Should they be treated with medicine, and all the help needed or should they be left to fend for themselves?
Treated with medicine, if needed, and all the help needed. It really depends on how serious the case is. If they don't need medicine, they shouldn't have it, but if they do, they should have it, whether they like it or not.
3. Are straight jackets good or bad?
Very good. they are only used when the patient becomes violent or dangerous-to themself, other patients, or staff. They are also only kept in them until they hae calmed down, so all in all, they are a good thing.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
December 23rd, 2009 at 12:39am
a touch of christmas:

2. Should they be treated with medicine, and all the help needed or should they be left to fend for themselves?
Treated with medicine, if needed, and all the help needed. It really depends on how serious the case is. If they don't need medicine, they shouldn't have it, but if they do, they should have it, whether they like it or not.

Unfortunately, it isn't that black-and-white. There are many forms of treatment for most mental illnesses, and medication is only one of them. It isn't really needing medicine or not needing it a lot of the time. It's a decision that has to be made.
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
December 27th, 2009 at 10:32am
adrien brody:
Unfortunately, it isn't that black-and-white. There are many forms of treatment for most mental illnesses, and medication is only one of them. It isn't really needing medicine or not needing it a lot of the time. It's a decision that has to be made.

Oh, I'm sorry, I can tell I didn't explain my post well enough.

I meant that in the cases where it is medicine is needed, then they should have it, not that it is just medicine or no medicine.

Sorry about the misunderstanding, that was my fault! xD
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
February 1st, 2010 at 09:11am
I've always had an interest in asylums weather it's from the people and thier cases or the general purpose,i dont know.
But help should be offered when it's needed,and sometimes it has to be against the patients will.
I believe the people who go into asylums although they will be away from the general public,will have a better life there as its for thier own good.
They have treatment available,medication,counselling,etc.

But i also believe it could be very much like a prison.

And straightjackets? Helpful to those who wish to harm themselves,uncessery to those who dont.