Don't have an account? Create one!

Parent Trouble.

AuthorMessage
rainbow pieces.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rainbow pieces.
August 1st, 2007 at 11:25pm
My parentsaren't worried about the actual concert, their worried about the concert and getting back from it!
dirty love.
In The Murder Scene
dirty love.
August 2nd, 2007 at 04:16pm
My dad really doesn't care. He got me tickets for the taste of chaos tour in november, and my mum thought he was coming with us. But he's not. haha. She knows now, and she wanted him to cme to MCR with us, but i refused. =]
Failure.
Shotgun Sinner
Failure.
August 3rd, 2007 at 02:08pm
My Dad is fine with everything.My Dad really wanted to come to The Used with me and my friends cos he really likes them but he didnt in the end.My Mum is ok, but she doesnt like me going to Brixton without an adult
transatlanticism.
In The Murder Scene
transatlanticism.
August 3rd, 2007 at 03:26pm
rainbow pieces.:
My parentsaren't worried about the actual concert, their worried about the concert and getting back from it!

Same. Last time we got stuck in a train station talking to this drunk guy who was tryna give us chicken from KFC. Hahaha.
Then we got thrown out and chased by security guards for playing with a revolving door.

I didn't tell my parents that, though..
MyUsedRomanceBoy
Fabulous Killjoy
MyUsedRomanceBoy
August 4th, 2007 at 07:48pm
If I could find someone to go with,my mom would let me go with just them,but for now,she's my kinda unwilling concert buddy
bouncingxsoul
Killjoy
bouncingxsoul
August 4th, 2007 at 08:09pm
Yeah, I suggest you get someone older to go with you. I went with my older sister Melissa who drove me. I'd never go alone, that's murder. Find someone who can drive. But then it all comes around to if they even want to go or if there's money. Which is tricky.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
August 5th, 2007 at 11:42pm
My mums fine with it because she knows how much they mean to me and how obsessed I am lol!
wei-rdo
Killjoy
wei-rdo
August 6th, 2007 at 12:11am
my mam dosen't care its just my dad, hes wrroied about the whole going and coming back and sort of a bit of the concert i wish he wasn't though.....but i still prusuaded him 2 let me go 2 belfast but an adult has 2 come with me and my mate
MyUsedRomanceBoy
Fabulous Killjoy
MyUsedRomanceBoy
August 6th, 2007 at 04:49am
The only probelm now is how sexual Gerard gets.I'm not sure how my mom will react
KillJoys
Bulletproof Heart
KillJoys
August 6th, 2007 at 09:43pm
Its just getting back from the concert at night but beside that my parents don't care.
=]
arthur pendragon.
Crash Queen
arthur pendragon.
August 7th, 2007 at 03:24pm
My mum isn't bothered at all.
She just gets a bit worried if it's a school night, even more so now I'm doing some GCSE's
But in the end I just promise to not have any time off that term.
and she lets me....

PlasticDreams-x
Killjoy
PlasticDreams-x
August 9th, 2007 at 03:39am
My Mum is fabulous. She got my friend and I tickets to see MCR back in March, for my fourteenth birthday. She's booked us H.I.M tickets for December too.. and then told me that was it for the year. When MCR released their new dates I asked her.. and she said yes! She doesn't know exactly why, but she knows that I like MCR more than any band (she probably just thinks I'm in love with Gerard).

As far as advice goes.. you should try asking first. If that really doesn't work then I think it's worth grounding to sneak out and see the show. (;
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
Bleeding on the Floor
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
August 9th, 2007 at 10:27am
thecalling:
Another one from the flip side - I took my 10yr old daughter, 12 yr old son, and my wife with me (yeah, me, I'm the biggest MCR fan in the house...Daughter's a close second and passing fast) to the Thursday show here in Edmonton.

As soon as we got the tickets, I had to get a second copy of the CD so we could all listen. I didn't hide any of it, and it's not the "clean" version...the kids are very responsible, and know the line between what they hear and what's appropriate to say, and we don't believe in hiding the world from them...so long as they keep being responsible about their experiences.

When the kids have been to a few more concerts with us, and they're a little older, we'll easily be willing to let them go on their own...again, as long as they're showing they're responsible enough to handle it. They know well enough to stay out of the mosh pit until they're quite a bit older...and bigger.

I couldn`t agree more - i went with my daughter to Nottingham earlier this year and yes, i too am a huge MCR fan as well as my daughter.
She too is very responsible and knows the responsibilities of what to say and where to say it - i think if you shroud your kids from everything,thats when they rebel, i am fairly liberal with my kids,but expect their respect, this way we have a great relationship and i am more than happy to sit phoning Sheffield Arena constantly until i get tickets!!!
Very Happy ( which may i say are on their way) We are really looking forward to the gig (my hubby is too because last time i just about lost my voice for 2 weeks after) Laughing
Its a real experience going to a gig with my daughter, i really enjoy it.
bring me the horizon
Salute You in Your Grave
bring me the horizon
August 11th, 2007 at 11:57pm
My mum + dad aren't actually bothered, my Mum just thinks I go to too many. But yeah, my Dad's all "oo I'll take you dont worry love" if I cant get the train there.
I love my Dad very much
[And he's coming to Funeral For A Friend with me and my mates. ahha. i love him]
Annaundead;
Awake and Unafraid
Annaundead;
August 12th, 2007 at 12:03pm
I pay for it myself, tell her I wont be back til late because I'm at a gig, and she gets annoyed.
And Then I say well I'm going anyways.
Works like a charm.
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
August 13th, 2007 at 09:11am
I just buy the ticket and the day of the concert tell them, "Going to a concert, be back later. Bye!" and walk out the door.

Works for me.
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
September 9th, 2007 at 09:45pm
Draco Malfoy.:
My mum isn't bothered at all.
She just gets a bit worried if it's a school night, even more so now I'm doing some GCSE's
But in the end I just promise to not have any time off that term.
and she lets me....

god you're so lucky.. My mum won't let me go to concerts on school nights (so im not allowed to see mcr in november Sad) I mean if there is a concert i want to go to and its on a school night shes like "what about getting up for school the next day" and "you have to go to school on that day and how you gonna get down there blah blah blah" so basically i'm allowed no time off for a concert...
I never have hardly anytime off school anywhere so i never understand the problem of having 1 day off for a concert.. 1 day in each school year is hardly much and you soon catch up but no i'm not allowed Rolling Eyes
anyone got any ideas of how to convince my mum to let me go to concerts on school nights? because i really don't wanna miss out on an mcr concert again Sad
arthur pendragon.
Crash Queen
arthur pendragon.
September 9th, 2007 at 10:42pm
Promise to be home as soon as it finishes.
That'll be about 11 right?
That's not TOO late.

my mum is now super super coo. She bought me and my best friend Clifford[she's actually called beth XD] Tickets to Plain White T's.
Ahhh Tom Higgenson....In Love

The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
September 10th, 2007 at 05:20pm
yeah but the concert finishs then but after that i've got about 30mins on the underground and then 1hr ride home on the train! So yeah i get home let thats why she won't let me go to concerts on school nights, thats why i was hoping mcr would add another 02 arena date but they havent yet even though it is sold out...
arthur pendragon.
Crash Queen
arthur pendragon.
September 10th, 2007 at 06:04pm
Other dates have sold out. Like Sheffield and Aberdeen.
They might not be able to add another date.