Parent Trouble.

AuthorMessage
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
September 10th, 2007 at 09:59pm
My mum's ok with it, she loves mcr too [She wants to come see them with me!]
Same with other bands, she doesn't mind at all. =]
If I play it too much, like in the car or whatever, she gets fustrated and asks me to "Turn that shit off!" or whatever, but I just laugh at her. XP
Pretty_Hate_Machine
Killjoy
Pretty_Hate_Machine
September 12th, 2007 at 02:08am
I can obviously just go considering I'm 19 =P But it used to be a problem in the past, especially with my over-obsession with Marilyn Manson. I played the sympathy card with my Dad when I was 14, and won! Hurah!

My advice to other people would be to get their parents into MCR, my Mum bloody loves them. I catch her singing I'm Not Ok all the time.
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
September 12th, 2007 at 09:41pm
Pretty_Hate_Machine:
I can obviously just go considering I'm 19 =P But it used to be a problem in the past, especially with my over-obsession with Marilyn Manson. I played the sympathy card with my Dad when I was 14, and won! Hurah!

My advice to other people would be to get their parents into MCR, my Mum bloody loves them. I catch her singing I'm Not Ok all the time.
lol my mum loves mcr she still won't let me go to their concerts on school nights (which they seem to do a lot of lately...)
Pretty_Hate_Machine
Killjoy
Pretty_Hate_Machine
September 12th, 2007 at 11:51pm
dizzy water:
Pretty_Hate_Machine:

lol my mum loves mcr she still won't let me go to their concerts on school nights (which they seem to do a lot of lately...)

I shouldn't be one to lead you astray but...

Rebel!

It's the only way. Or I could say, its the only GERARD way! Hahaha, fuck I'm lame Rolling Eyes Just keep moaning to her about it every single day. She'll come around.
chemicalsatthedisco
Jazz Hands
chemicalsatthedisco
September 13th, 2007 at 01:48am
Kay the thing is
1- Make sure they hear and see you rocking out to lots of different music and genres
2- if you play an instrument be sure to practice a ton and hook it up real loud so they can hear you
3- don't ask to only go to one band alot ask for a ton
4- make sure that you get one parent to say that they'll go with you then work on the other
5- continually talk about upcoming tours and these new bands that you discovered
6- JUST TELL THEM HOW MUCH MUSIC MEANS TO YOU

now i get to go to any concert i want cus i did all these Dance
EveryHeartYouBreak
Killjoy
EveryHeartYouBreak
September 19th, 2007 at 10:23pm
just go anyway... no-one wud never know...
envy on the coast
Bleeding on the Floor
envy on the coast
September 21st, 2007 at 03:58am
EveryHeartYouBreak:
just go anyway... no-one wud never know...

But if you get caught, ypur parents probably wouldn't
let you go to another concert and wouldn't trust you
Paramoosh
Jazz Hands
Paramoosh
September 22nd, 2007 at 05:37am
my parents dont know anything about concerts. they dont relize how rough they can be and if they knew the situations ive been in they would kill me lol. they just always say sit somewhere safe and im like ok i will ha.
EveryHeartYouBreak
Killjoy
EveryHeartYouBreak
September 23rd, 2007 at 10:15pm
jen616:
my parents dont know anything about concerts. they dont relize how rough they can be and if they knew the situations ive been in they would kill me lol. they just always say sit somewhere safe and im like ok i will ha.

mines too! there just like "dont get mugged and you'll be fine" tis great! (:
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
September 24th, 2007 at 07:28pm
i just agreed to go with them,

at least i'm going!!!

*WOOP, WOOP!*
Lightning Zap
Motor Baby
Lightning Zap
September 25th, 2007 at 09:05am
My parents had no say in the matter. I got my own credit card and bought the tix myself... then when they arrived in the mail i told them i got tix to the concert and they were like... oh, ok.
wasted youth.
Demolition Lover
wasted youth.
October 5th, 2007 at 11:55pm
My parents don't mind, as long as I have an adult with me. Like when I saw Green Day they both went with me because they both love them. Then when I saw MCR my 21 year old sister went with me. And I'm going to MCR again in December so my mum's coming with me this time.

So they don't mind as long as I don't go to too many and if I have an adult with me.
Labyrinth
Fabulous Killjoy
Labyrinth
October 6th, 2007 at 11:25pm
I kept nagging my mum until she gave in and bought MCR tickets and then i said you're gunna love it! being sarcastic and when we went, she seriously did love it and now i'm seeing them again in november coz she loves them!
EveryHeartYouBreak
Killjoy
EveryHeartYouBreak
October 7th, 2007 at 08:48pm
omw it would freak me out if my parents were
a) with me at the concert and
b) enjoying it.
Complication
Fabulous Killjoy
Complication
October 7th, 2007 at 08:55pm
I told my mom If we missed their last U.S. gig, we couldn't see them until 2009.
xGerardifiedx
Killjoy
xGerardifiedx
October 22nd, 2007 at 12:45am
my mom is impossible, she wont even give me a straight answer if i asked if i could buy a black parade jacket if i bought it myself. the only way to bypass her is to miraclously get hooked up somehow with one of her friends. i once asked her if i could grow my hair like gerard's! it has been at least three weeks since iasked and she says shes still thinking about it. my only hope to ever go to a mcr concert is through my stepdad, because he is a fun person and is a lot more (i mean alot more like three times as much) willing to take me places and do stuff. i am going to have a hell of a time if i ask to go to a mcr concert unless i go when i have a job and over 18.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
October 22nd, 2007 at 12:47am
My parents are hilarious.
They're letting me go on a three day trip to see MCR twice, I'll be away from home the whole time and staying in a room with people I only know from the net (and have never met before). They're letting me go alone.
To say the least, I was suprised when they said yes. xD
Purple.is.my.Nurple
Jazz Hands
Purple.is.my.Nurple
October 23rd, 2007 at 02:39am
^OMFG how did younask them? did they even ask if you were safe or not? YOURE SO FREKIN LUCKY!!!!
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
October 28th, 2007 at 05:13pm
I geuss you could compramise. Get them to take you to the gig and they can wait in a bar/restaurant with a friend until the gig's over. Then they can take you home again.

I'm 16 and my mother still has to do that ¬.¬
Pick On Bobsleigh
Fabulous Killjoy
Pick On Bobsleigh
October 29th, 2007 at 02:24pm
sighh i wish my parents were as cool as all of yours...mine are not into mcr AT ALL, or any other band for that matter...and when i attempted asking my dad, who is easier to persuade than my mum, to let me go watch mcr, he wouldn't give me a straight answer, just said something like "it's too expensive" or something. Pfft! Rolling Eyes