Parent Trouble.

AuthorMessage
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 29th, 2007 at 06:12pm
Show your parents they can trust you.

I'm allowed to go to gigs on my own because

a) I promised to call them inbetween acts/when I could. And I did.
b) I went with people they knew. Or knew I knew well.
c) I gave them the venue, times, details, etc, EVERYTHING.

Parents WILL worry.
It's their job to.

But ask them to let you to a gig just once on your own.
If it all goes okkay, then they're bound to trust you.

Also, a little tip.
Give them your friend's mobile numbers.
There's something about that my mum likes.

Also make sure your parents know that you know (and make sure you do) how to get there and back, and that you won't be alone and any times and possibly have a back up plan if you get reallly lost.
But always plan ahead.

Try and get the money yourself also.

Hope that helps. Smile
XDemolitionLoverGelX
Killjoy
XDemolitionLoverGelX
March 29th, 2008 at 04:49am
Last Jan. 25 MCR went to the Philippines which is where I lived luckily when I asked my parents if I could go I just said "Can I Go To The My Chemical Romance Concert??" They just said Yes but my older cousins have to go with me it's a good thing my older cousins also LOVE mcr so I went it was freakin awesome NO PARENTS just us teens hehehe ^^V.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
March 29th, 2008 at 11:32am
when it's mcr she knows that i literally kinda need to go. so she always lets me. phew (:
even though i've seen mcr once, she knows in the future how much i'll want to go.

but when it's other bands it needs a LOT of persueding [sp].
i have to beg a lot of the time, haha.
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
March 30th, 2008 at 01:21pm
My parents trust me, they know that I'll be good, and I almost always go with my dad (because he's into the same stuff as me and he's just a kick-ass dad in general).

But this time, when MCR come back? I can't go.
Only because I just saw them at PR in August.
That's the only reason.
I have enough money to pay for my ticket AND my dad's, but no, the single reason I can't go is because I've already seen them live.

=\
we are broken.
Salute You in Your Grave
we are broken.
April 10th, 2008 at 09:24pm
the day after i saw linkin park, i found out mcr was coming for the last time. i dont know how because usually my parents say no to everything but me and my sister convinced them to drive us. so the next day we went to the presale and got tickets.about a week ago, i found out they were coming a second day. turns out my sister gets to go with her friend and i have to stay home. i was sad, but happy that i got to go the 1st night. my mom said that there is no way i can convince her to let me go the first night. Smile good luck on convincing your parents Very Happy i hope you can go Very Happy
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
April 11th, 2008 at 04:05pm
my best friend and me want to go see MCR in detroit. now ive been to quite a few shows with my dad and now there finally letting me and my buddy go by ourselves. problem is, my friends parents are much more stricter then mine, and i dont know if theyll let him go because he has to work in the morning (hes 16). any ideas how i can convice them to let him go? venue info, estimated time of ending etc.
eslizard
Salute You in Your Grave
eslizard
April 11th, 2008 at 06:15pm
Adie;:
My parents trust me, they know that I'll be good, and I almost always go with my dad (because he's into the same stuff as me and he's just a kick-ass dad in general).

But this time, when MCR come back? I can't go.
Only because I just saw them at PR in August.
That's the only reason.
I have enough money to pay for my ticket AND my dad's, but no, the single reason I can't go is because I've already seen them live.

=\

that sounds a lot like me.
my dad doesn't usually take me to the shows because work always gets in the way, but hes bought me tix to my first MCR show, and the one on Monday.
i would have seen them at PR, but my mom wouldn't let me buy the tix because i had already seen them in March

but for the FOB concert, i had everything planned out from how i would pay for the tickets to who would take me. but i did kind of use the guilt trip thing on my mom-because she wouldn't let me buy tix to PR, she should let me buy tix to FOB- and it seemed to work.

but for the people who dint have parents that are as easy to convince, just behave. thats probably the best thing to do. if you can convince your parents that you can handle yourself, then they are more likely to let you go.
plus, making it so they don't have to spend money makes them happy.

but if no matter what you do, they wont let you go, just remember that concerts will never be outlawed. so even if you cant go to tomorrows show, there is always a chance that you will be able to go to another one. so don't let not going to one get you to down
KidEmery
Killjoy
KidEmery
April 14th, 2008 at 01:07pm
Neutral I really really really need to somehow get my parents to let me go to the Memphis show May 2nd.

In Feb 2007 I missed them when I was living in New Hampshire and they were in Manchester, and now I see that I missed them last April in Nashville (where I live now)

I've wanted to see them in concert for a few years now and my parents have this 'no concert' rule.

I'm debating whether to just tell them I'm going and go because I'm an adult, or to beg and beg like I'm 13 and be told no.

I really really want to see them especially if it's their last tour but I don't know how to approach it. I won tickets to see Fall Out Boy, Gym Class Hero's and Cute Is What We Aim For on my birthday and they didn't let me go to that either...which was okay because I don't like any of those bands and I didn't PAY for the tickets since I just won them by chance, but now...it's MCR and I'd die to finally see them!
MCR_adoration xD
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR_adoration xD
April 14th, 2008 at 06:27pm
Wow, I can relate to this thread. I've been into MCR for the past 2 years and I've begged to go to Bamboozle '06=failed. Projekt Revolution '07=failed. and I wanted to go to one of their first few shows, one was in Nassau Coliseum and that didn't work either. For some reason, nothing went my way and I was getting really depressed and I actually couldn't eat anything or had an appetite for like 2 days. Well, I waited and waited and then I found out about MSG. I was worried about asking my mom because she was pissed all the other times when I asked to go; I don't know why it was such a big deal, but it was, that's parents for you. I know they care but sometimes you feel like they're out to ruin your lives. Over-protective-ness much? Getting to the point, me and my friend talked about how much we wanted to go because it's the last show and God knows when they'll be touring again. I brought it up to my mom and she was angry; apparantely whenever I want to go to an MCR concert, I get really upset for a few days because I don't know how to explain it or bring it up all over again. Turns out my mom knew about the concert [by checking on the computer for mcr tour dates=sneaky] because there was something funny about the way I've been acting and she was all like "Uh-HUH I knew it" like in a aggrevated way. After sitting there while she vented and ranted and talked about how she's sick of the band and what they "do" to me, she reasoned and said I could go if I found a responsible adult who would take us. Then after she reasoned, I cried because this was my chance to be able to finally see them after all these tries and it took alot out of me. I busted my ass to even get to go. Afterwards, my mom was totally cool with me going and she said I would have fun and that my dad would be cool with it too. It's just the "bringing it up to your parents" part that ruins everything because at the end of the day, they have the last word whether you think they do or not. Not unless you have a job and a car is when they even begin to start taking you seriously. Honestly, just beg, that's what I do, once I started shedding tears, she felt even more guilty. She knew that it meant alot to me or obviously, I wouldn't be on her case for like 2 years. The things we get ourselves into for MCR. lol
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
April 14th, 2008 at 09:12pm
1)tell how much mcr means to you/how great of role models they are. they get a bad rep and sometimes this even feeds over to parents. but when i explained all the good thing bout mcr, what they try to teach their fans, how much they care about love their fans, and most imortantly, how much i care about and respect this band with all my heart, my mom never thought they were a bad influence again

2) get another adult on your side. sometimes telling the above things to another adult and then your parents hearing it from them can change their mind. its horrible that this could work(makes a kid feel invisible) but the main thing is mcr and if this could get you to their show......

anywazz hope to see some of you at the bham show!
KidEmery
Killjoy
KidEmery
April 18th, 2008 at 02:59pm
MCR_adoration xD:
Over-protective-ness much?

It's just the "bringing it up to your parents" part that ruins everything because at the end of the day, they have the last word whether you think they do or not. Not unless you have a job and a car is when they even begin to start taking you seriously. Honestly, just beg, that's what I do, once I started shedding tears, she felt even more guilty. She knew that it meant alot to me or obviously, I wouldn't be on her case for like 2 years. The things we get ourselves into for MCR. lol

Crying or Very sad

I relate!
haha, I also feel like...aweful because I'm freaking 18 and should be able to do it for myself lol, but eh, yeah the things we do...I haven't tried crying yet lol <3
wachumpa
Killjoy
wachumpa
April 19th, 2008 at 02:06pm
I wasn't allowed go to MCR the last time they were here because my parents thought MCR were having a negative effect on me. The concert came, and went...
So I made my parents watch Life on The Murder Scene!! xD

I know, I'm totally crazy... I even showed them the parts where Gee was totally drunk and when he was vomiting.

And now guess what?
I'm allowed see 'em the next time their back to Europe!!
MCR_adoration xD
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR_adoration xD
April 23rd, 2008 at 05:46pm
yeah! my mom thought they made me all depressed, when really I was just depressed because my mom wasn't cool about letting me see them live. That's what made me upset, not the band. And-KIDemery, I'm practically 18 too and it took my a while to even get to see them, it's a shame, you'll get your day, TRUST me, I never believed that I would be able to see them until I was like 25 or something, I had to beg and begging is not fun; makes us look desperate and weak =/
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
April 29th, 2008 at 10:05pm
I guess I was lucky in that my mom is very open minded and allowed me to go to their show on my own. She admitted that their website "scared" her lol but she kept convincing herself that other parents were letting their kids go alone, so it must be okay, right? Wink lol
What helped reassuring my mom was that I went with a group of four friends and my sister, so there was a big group of us to watch over one another. We promised her we would stick together in the venue and we did. So having a bunch of other people there with you might help reassure your parents.
MomEyeView
Killjoy
MomEyeView
May 8th, 2008 at 12:03pm
As a mom who has been to MCR 3 times with her teen daughter...
MCR can be a tough sell if your parents don't like to rock and roll. They hear the album and hear all this death and blood and freak out. A Michael Bolton loving mom just isn't going to get it. Try to get them to hear beyond that. I think communicating on a level of what this music has meant to you and being willing to do something yourself to earn it shows that it means something to you. Concerts are expensive so be respectful of that. If it's on a school night, us parents struggle over showing you responsibility. Do not get main floor seats the first time because normal parents will hate it and want you to move to the back anyways so get a seat or hit the balcony. Let them see that there was no human sacrifice, just a bunch of people singing and feeling together. Teenagers DO scare the living shit out of them!
Spirited Away
Joining The Black Parade
Spirited Away
May 8th, 2008 at 10:46pm
well
if they havent heard the music yet
listen to all the clean songs around them
then theyll think that this is a very respectable band, right?
then buy the tickets and if they go with u
let them find out all the cuss words by themselves
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
May 13th, 2008 at 05:28pm
how can i convince my parents to go let me see mindless self indulgence in detroit? they have no problem with the band (shockingly) but thing im gonna get shot cause its in a bad part of detroit. any ideas?
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
June 1st, 2008 at 12:39pm
Yah, I have to beg a lot of the time.
But when it comes to my favourites like Westlife or MCR, or Paramore, my mom knows how much I want it.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
June 25th, 2008 at 03:00pm
My mom comes with me, she likes too. XD
me and my friend Yuri go together, and both of our moms like the bands we do, so they just come with us. but they go up in the balcony, and we go to the bottom floor.
To The End;
Salute You in Your Grave
To The End;
June 25th, 2008 at 09:17pm
i think my mom is fine with me going to concerts, but she'll just freak out if it's on a stupid school night. -_- and after i told her i was basically alone during the whole concert (because i lost my friends in the crowd) she got mad.