Don't have an account? Create one!

Parent Trouble.

AuthorMessage
Unfortunate_End
Killjoy
Unfortunate_End
June 18th, 2009 at 09:01pm
I SO have this problem!! My mother thinks that MCR is "scary" and "oh how can you listen to them." MCR is coming to my area and I NEED to go! I'm planning on buying a ticket, and I will die if I don't go. I've tried explaining how important this band is to me, but they don't listen....
HELP!!
VampiresCantHurtMe
Killjoy
VampiresCantHurtMe
June 18th, 2009 at 10:54pm
My parents are the same exact way. I'm not even allowed to wear more than one black item in my outfit. I just beg and compromise- if you act sweet and loving it might work
The Lunacy Phringe
Bleeding on the Floor
The Lunacy Phringe
July 16th, 2009 at 03:12pm
MCR is coming to your area?
Sorry, looks like you've been lied to.
They're on a break until August, and the only confirmed date is the Summersonic festival in Japan.
rock_on4evur11
Killjoy
rock_on4evur11
July 23rd, 2009 at 04:53pm
yeah-- im like that too- i've never been to a concert b4 and i really want my first to be an mcr concert

even though it might b a couple years b4 they come where i live- ill wait 4 them anyway

the prob is im not sure how my mum and dad will take it-- i mean my mom hates the skulls thing and somtimes says i shouldnt be so obsessed with rock-- even though she was a huge rock junkie in her teens...
rock_on4evur11
Killjoy
rock_on4evur11
July 23rd, 2009 at 04:54pm
ummm... yeah-- they're like gonna b in japan- unless u live in japan ur mistaken
rock_on4evur11
Killjoy
rock_on4evur11
ummm... yeah-- they're like gonna b in japan- unless u live in japan ur mistaken
rock_on4evur11
Killjoy
rock_on4evur11
rock_on4evur11
Killjoy
rock_on4evur11
July 23rd, 2009 at 04:55pm
polaroidsmile
Killjoy
polaroidsmile
July 27th, 2009 at 05:02pm
im not just talking about mcr gigs but just concerts in genral. in less then a week in turing 18 and my dad still wont let me go to a concert.
the only advice i could give would be to show them that you are responsible, and if there not taking you let them no exactly how you are planning to get there and back, and always have extra cash just incase anything goes wrong and incase you lose your friends have a meet up point somwhere you will all will beable to fine.
but over all if your parents say no the first time, dont beg and thow a paddy because there is less chance of letting you go then.

anyway sorry if iv repeated anything anybody else has said i just havent had time to read threw all the comments.
Bow
Killjoy
Bow
March 4th, 2010 at 03:21pm
How to get your parents to let you go to an MCR gig, now are we paying attention this is very important. At my extreme age I have this wisdom to impart, now listen TAKE THEM WITH YOU!!!! My 14 years old and myself have so far done MCR and Paramore, hoping more to come with the saving of pennies. LOL
yoseob.
Bleeding on the Floor
yoseob.
April 12th, 2010 at 11:24pm
Yeah, my parents won't let me go, even though I am willing to pay for the ticket myself. They think that 'there is plenty of time for concerts', but honestly, I don't think I can fit all of their concerts into my life.

Just tell your parents that this may be their last tour, and you will cry if you don't go.
Exterminatorhydrogen
Killjoy
Exterminatorhydrogen
July 14th, 2011 at 11:56pm
just volunteer to pay and get some one to take you it might work oh and ask for money on your b-day thats what im doing
Noisy Girl
Killjoy
Noisy Girl
August 1st, 2011 at 06:06am
My example is not so good :/
I bought the ticket at a FNAC store, I keep it. Then in the day I said "I'm going out for studying", and I went to the concert. Today, they don't even know what I actually did that day Smile
Onefortheroad
Killjoy
Onefortheroad
September 17th, 2011 at 01:11am
Might seem silly but if you're over 18 you can do whatever you want. They might threaten to kick you out but would they *really*? Probably not. I remember the day I *finally* realized I was my own person and no one could stop me from doing what I wanted, WHEN I wanted.
fabkilljoyjeremy
Killjoy
fabkilljoyjeremy
October 14th, 2011 at 07:29pm
my friend had bought tix for us for the may 27th show of the world contamination tour at the hollywood palladium. she got them in december nd i didnt tell my dad til the day of my high school graduation which was the night b4 the show nd said it was our grad gift. i got a big scolding, but i still went to the show!! Clap
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
Fabulous Killjoy
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
January 6th, 2012 at 05:43pm
I'd love to see an MCR concert, but my parents will never let me go.
My advice for you: ( Not the best advice though )
You could go without telling them, but tell them your going to a friend's house. You could try to talk them into it without annoying them. You could wait to go until they give you they're permission. Very Happy