Don't have an account? Create one!

Parent Trouble.

AuthorMessage
queen bodicea
Motor Baby
queen bodicea
January 1st, 2007 at 01:35pm
I feel for all you who have worried or strict parents Sad If any of you were my kid I'd take you in a second!!

I'm surprising my 13 yo stepdaughter with MCR tickets to the Philly show as an early b-day present Very Happy Very Happy . We have pit tickets too....yikes.And I'm NOT letting her mom say no to her or me hehehehe. I'll have to kidnap her otherwise.

I agree with the rest of you with the sucking up....I saw Metallica when I was 15 for my first concert....I talked my mom into letting me go since my best friend's uncle was going to take us and "protect"us. After surviving that dirty rainy night and not getting stomped by shitkicker boots from the moshers she really didn't give me any more crap after that.

I wish you all the luck!
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
January 1st, 2007 at 03:25pm
oh wow, you are a cool step-mum!!!!
i wish i my mum would like the same kind of music as me.
that's an ace present surprising her with tickets. to be fair, my mother did actually pay for the tickets for me to see them, but i was the one who knew about it and all, and begged her to let me go.
ah, good times.
Megan Vegantoast
Bleeding on the Floor
Megan Vegantoast
January 1st, 2007 at 03:35pm
Okay... my parents are willing to drive me all the way to Chicago with a friend. Only problem is, the Chicago Illinois concert is on a THURSDAY. Does anyone know how to get bailed out of school for a day or two? This will probably be my only chance to see MCR before the long break.
Xx_mcr_saved_me_xX
Killjoy
Xx_mcr_saved_me_xX
January 1st, 2007 at 04:58pm
if only they would let me go! and i hope they let me dye my hair
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
January 1st, 2007 at 06:01pm
Mrs.Halloween:

ahhhhh. this is why i said my mum couldn't come with me, when i went, because
1)it would have been way too embarrassing being there with my mum
2)she probably wouldn't have liked it
3)she probably would have seen how rough the crowd was, and somehow dragged me out, and made me leave, so it would have ruined the whole show
4)yah, the whole gerard, becoming kind of sexual on stage sometimes + possible swearing, would not have downed well with my maja.

i feel for you. heh.
just try to maybe get lost in the crowd, away from her, so that if, at any point there are orgasmic noises/motions (ohyeah, he did this amazingly sexy thing, when i went to see them, where he like held his hand up and licked it...multiple times..hiodhaNFDuHAofhdofgfhg Naughty), then if you do happen to be accidentally seperated from your mum, you won't have to go through the whole being embarrassed thing, cause she won't be standing right beside you.
=]

LOL. well if i get lost then that would suck. Maybe i can bring a friend with me to make it less awkward.
MCRsavedLauraJean.
Killjoy
MCRsavedLauraJean.
January 1st, 2007 at 06:05pm
well my problem is that i wanna pay for my ticket, and my friends mom would be taking me, but my mom doesnt trust her. the last time she took my friend and i to an mcr concert, we got home at 4 in the morning on a school nihgt. so now my moms rule is no concerts on a school night. but after all, my mom did take me to see them on december 10, which was a school night. but i dont know how to convince her to let me go this time
Cry
eatmewhileimhot.
Joining The Black Parade
eatmewhileimhot.
January 1st, 2007 at 08:04pm
dude i totally agree with you...my parents aren't very insecure about my music but they dont like and would rather me be at a Chamillionare concert or something.The rock thing isnt their scene.But luckily they know how important they are to me ,so they gave me tickets to go in March.

-To Ellie-
I can help you pay for the hotel...since we are staying two nights..maybe...and i can help you pay for the food too!!You'll convince them with the essay and if not with that,then everyone who has mentioned a way to convince them.If they still dont crack...Oh Crap...
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
January 1st, 2007 at 09:45pm
PARENTS SUCK.
violent_romance
Killjoy
violent_romance
January 2nd, 2007 at 07:59am
I hate it when my parents dont want me to go to a concert, even when i cried they dont really care about it....and sometimes they say that they dont have money. Sad
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
January 2nd, 2007 at 09:44am
Megan Megatoast:
Okay... my parents are willing to drive me all the way to Chicago with a friend. Only problem is, the Chicago Illinois concert is on a THURSDAY. Does anyone know how to get bailed out of school for a day or two? This will probably be my only chance to see MCR before the long break.

if your school is anything like my school, then it's pretty strict about pupils taking days off school (which im assuming is why you're worried so much).
in my school, if you pre-plan taking a day off, like for an appointment, or whatever, you have to have a note in, at least the day before you are staying off, and get it signed by either the headmaster or the vp.
get your parents to write a note to the school office/headmaster, etc, telling them you have to take that day off because you have to make an important trip to see relatives. (that's what i always did, that's what i did when i went to see them in liverpool, my mum wrote a note saying we were making a trip to england. =]) and as far as i know, there's nothing the school can do to stop you from going, as long as you've given in a note, from your parents, with a legitimate reason.
if all else fails, take the day off, don't tell your school, and the next day you come in, have a note saying you were ill!
XpoizonXkissesX
Killjoy
XpoizonXkissesX
January 2nd, 2007 at 01:23pm
If you do it the goody-to-shoes way, just ask your folks and try to be nice about it, but do it my way I can answer this question with 2 simple words: Sneak Out!!!!
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
January 2nd, 2007 at 05:24pm
yeah i always write a note when i get back saying i was sick. Like, we went to atlantic city for a few days and I was like *cough cough* I was sick *cough cough* LOL
This Time Imperfect
Thinking Happy Thoughts
This Time Imperfect
January 3rd, 2007 at 01:24am
you should probably try being nice first bargain with them, tell them if you get some mark on a test or something they can let you go, or you could do what I did when I wanted to go with my friend and some others to warped tour when I was 14..

...I said I was spending the night at my friends house and didn't come back for a couple days, I called my dad from vancouver told him where I was and when I'd be home, he was mad then but he wasn't mad when I got home.

after you pull a stunt like that you're parents will never look at you the same again... and it sure is a benefit to you.
bamcr
Joining The Black Parade
bamcr
January 3rd, 2007 at 03:32am
Uh...well, to tell you the truth, I just asked my mom if I could get my tickets to MCR's show because they were selling out, and then she coughed up her credit card numbers...I can go as long as my cousin comes along with me...
She was watching a video on youtube of Gee at Almost Acoustic and was like, "God, why does he have to cuss?"
and then the next morning, while listening to KROQ, a comercial came on where Gerard was at Acoustic and he said, "All I can say, is holy fu-" and then my mom said, "I can tell that was Gerard because of his effing voice!"
But, turns out, my mom really didn't care about the whole cussing situation because she got me the tickets.

School night concerts suck. Well, you just have to gain their trust by actually doing it. My mom let me go to another school night concert because I reminded her about how my cousin took me out to Hollywood...and that's another story.
If they let you go to a concert and if you come back late, and wake up without complaining and crap, and get through school without sleeping in class, you gained their trust and they should let you go to another.

Good luck!
sc_mcr
Killjoy
sc_mcr
January 3rd, 2007 at 04:40am
I just showed my mum a video of cancer where everyone was swaying so it didnt look dangerousSmile
Digger
Fabulous Killjoy
Digger
January 3rd, 2007 at 05:07am
Well, my parents refused to let me go. So I did what any girl can do =D I sat in the corner of the room, stared at them innocently and cried silently ^__^ thank god for Drama. They agreed within 5 minutes =]
jodieth
Joining The Black Parade
jodieth
January 3rd, 2007 at 11:06am
I know i will sound like a spoilt brat with this post but i really didn't have an option.

I asked mom. She said no. And anything mom says goes.

I refused to speak to them. I didn't go in the same room as them and threatened to kill myself. Mom still said no.

So all i did for about a week was cried in my room and refused to come out.

Then after about a week dad came into my room and offered to drop me off at the venue if i could find some people to go with me. (not very hard)

So thats how i got my way there. I always ask dad first now, because if i start crying he always cracks.

I promise im not a spoilt brat!
WeAreTheBlackParade
Joining The Black Parade
WeAreTheBlackParade
January 4th, 2007 at 08:29am
crackerjack:
WeAreTheBlackParade:
well...i'm willing to pay for tickets, gas money (i'm going with my friend), hotel, food, etc... but my parents are really...i guess...protective about MCR...it took me half a year of begging and getting on their nerves to get Three Cheers because it had a parental advisory thingy on it....but since then i've been getting whatever cds i want...so...yeah....they're quite protective on stuff like that...and by looking at me you wouldn't really be able to tell that this music shit means the world to me!!!....Thanks for your comments guys!!! i'll use 'em!!!

Thanks!
-Ellie
hotel??? So you're going out of town to see them? I can see why they're protective. hmm...idk reassure them that you will be alright Yes

yeah...i live in a small town and it's in a town that's like 4 or 5 hours away!...
WeAreTheBlackParade
Joining The Black Parade
WeAreTheBlackParade
January 4th, 2007 at 08:35am
Megan Megatoast:

i don't know how...the concert i want to go to is on a friday and it's like 5 hours away (about the closest they'll ever be to my small town) so we might have to miss like thursday and friday of school!
WeAreTheBlackParade
Joining The Black Parade
WeAreTheBlackParade
January 4th, 2007 at 08:37am
sweetMCR:
dude i totally agree with you...my parents aren't very insecure about my music but they dont like and would rather me be at a Chamillionare concert or something.The rock thing isnt their scene.But luckily they know how important they are to me ,so they gave me tickets to go in March.

-To Ellie-
I can help you pay for the hotel...since we are staying two nights..maybe...and i can help you pay for the food too!!You'll convince them with the essay and if not with that,then everyone who has mentioned a way to convince them.If they still dont crack...Oh Crap...

shank you very much my friend! Very Happy