Don't have an account? Create one!

Parent Trouble.

AuthorMessage
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
February 22nd, 2007 at 03:09pm
^^ Ditto. Never give up. I did what my parents and even I thought was impossible (or have a slim chance) to do to see them. Rack your brain, find their weakspot, and charge. Don't hold back. Smile
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
February 22nd, 2007 at 05:32pm
I just give my parents an edited version of what I'm doing. ie. 'It'll be mainly 12 year olds, chances are they'll have brought their parents.' It's for their own good really...
elixireleven
Killjoy
elixireleven
February 22nd, 2007 at 10:56pm
This might sound sort of lame, but getting permission and gaining your freedom to go to a show takes a little effort and a lot of confidence from the parentals.

"When I was your age" (sorry, can't help it Wink ) I had the same problem. Actually, the first show I went to was Green Day, and I was thirteen and my mom flat out refused to let me go with my friends. There was no debating and no persuading her whatsoever to let me go by myself.

(See, here's where the lame part fits in.)

I brought her with me.

She hated it. Totally, completely hated it. She said it was too loud, too smokey, too crowded, and that she'd never stomach one of "those things" again.

BUT she knew I behaved myself and really had a good time, and since she hated the experience so much, she let me go for the rest of my teenage years to whatever show I wanted to go to. (And that includes a lot of Warped Tours with the mud slinging and sod slinging and stupidity that dominated the Montreal shows from like... '97 to '01. She never questioned why I got home with dirt crusted everywhere. Good woman.)

Tell them to come with you, get seats (not general admission. Imagine dad in a mosh pit. Not pretty.) and bring ear plugs for both you and them. Show them that you'll be safe and responsible, and the next time, they'll probably leave you to your own devices (or you and your friends' devices.)

Good luck.
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
February 22nd, 2007 at 11:42pm
My mom promised me that I could go see them in concert if they ever came to a town near us and not Boston.
Well, I just got back.
See, she never thought that they'd actually come here, and I didn't either.
So, that worked.
Serious Business
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Serious Business
February 25th, 2007 at 03:21pm
One of my best friends was allowed to go, so I told my parents that I could just go to the concert with her.
My_Emo_Romance
Killjoy
My_Emo_Romance
February 25th, 2007 at 05:47pm
I actually displayed a wad of money, enough to pay for two. So my parents didn't have to pay. They said no, but it really works if there is a holliday coming up. Actually earlier this month I asked and I got a huge NO! My parents didn't want to take me because they hate MCR, but I know they like it. I know they do! So they told me afterwards that they had talked about it and told me that it would be a birthday thing. So I'm gonna go see them soon and I am so excited! I think Muse is going to be there and maybe Rise Against.

But that worked for me.

- Show them the money
- Beg
- Ask around a holiday
What the Frank!?
Motor Baby
What the Frank!?
February 26th, 2007 at 09:11am
x-Not_Afraid-x:
Well I have a problem too. My mom said we can go to the Feb show in Philly, and she's gonna get tickets, but I'm afraid Gee's gonna make some orgasmic noise (LMFAO) and it's gonna be REALLY awkward. Anyone else have this problem?

i was just at the show in Hartford CT and Gerard di some uh..things that made me uncomfortable with my dad right there.
soleil vs the dark.
Awake and Unafraid
soleil vs the dark.
February 26th, 2007 at 10:59pm
My dad's pretty cool about it.
I went to Green Day with him, MCR and Panic!.
It's kind of embarrasing to go with parents, but at least you get to go.
And if you really wanna go, drop hints about the concert.
And eventually, my dad offers to get tickets. ;D
Just be really, really good at the concert.

And if they don't let you go, tell them your friend's mom is coming, too.
Lie about an adult being with you.
Works a lot.
xD
frank!ree
Jazz Hands
frank!ree
March 14th, 2007 at 02:27pm
x-Not_Afraid-x:
Well I have a problem too. My mom said we can go to the Feb show in Philly, and she's gonna get tickets, but I'm afraid Gee's gonna make some orgasmic noise (LMFAO) and it's gonna be REALLY awkward. Anyone else have this problem?

haha i have that problem too. im going to their concert in may and my dad wants to go because he doesnt trust me in toronto with my cousin. so i was trying to convince him to not come because of that but its not working so far...
kings of leon.
Always Born a Crime
kings of leon.
March 15th, 2007 at 08:38am
Ah, the whole strict parent get up sucks and im sad for you guys!
I like the crying idea.
And the guilt trip one.
Luckily my parents are frequent gig goers themselves,
So im just all "yeah im going to see mcr yey"
and they're all "Oh really!?"
and im all "yes. i seem to remember you ditching me to go to those 60000 gigs last year Disgust "
I say you do them this massive huge favour
"out of the kindness of you heart"
then use it as a weapon to get them to let you go =]
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
April 9th, 2007 at 02:09am
M mother and father was really cool about letting me going to the MCR concert on Gerard's 30 th birthday today. They know how much this means to me, and they know that I'd give them hell for not letting me go. Shifty
blackaisten
Motor Baby
blackaisten
April 9th, 2007 at 04:27am
My mom just aloud me to go.. If there are some parent to pick me up afterwards and drive me home, then it's okay with her - which is really amazing, cuse usually i'm not aluod to do ANYTHING.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
April 9th, 2007 at 10:32am
My mom knows how much I love My Chem so I jumped up and down,danced,and begged and she said okay.

Pretty childish,but it worked.
Cool
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
April 9th, 2007 at 11:00am
I just ask and i can go. My parents have never really given me a hard time about anything, they've always just let me do my own thing really.
UsavedMeGee
Killjoy
UsavedMeGee
April 9th, 2007 at 08:18pm
i was never aloud 2 go to a concert, so i decided to use the go with a friend and her awsome mosh loving mother plan. my good friend loves to go to concerts and her mother is totally cool about it, she even joins the mosh pit, so i pay 4 my ticket and go with them. so far ive gone to 4 amazing concerts with them 2 being MCR concerts. her mom is totally awsome 2, she lets us do what ever we want and just lets us go whereever. not exactly safe, but an awsome way to get permission to go to concerts.
arthur pendragon.
Crash Queen
arthur pendragon.
April 12th, 2007 at 12:29pm
Haahaa well, My parents are cool about it.
I had to go to the Manchester gig with my Uncle becasue none of my friends were going.
Ditto to the Koko one becasue 14s and under had to be with an adult
=D
MCR.fan.For.Life.
Killjoy
MCR.fan.For.Life.
April 12th, 2007 at 10:19pm
I tried begging, didn't work. I'm planing on writing an essay on why I should go and how it would benefit my life time. =]
my chemical romance.
Banned
my chemical romance.
April 13th, 2007 at 08:06am
My parents have actually been easy on letting me go to concerts, even though I've only gone to one, and I haven't gone to the MCR one yet.

For Slayer (a thrash metal band), while I was buying the tickets, my mother kept asking me if I was sure I didn't want floor tickets.
I don't have to have them come along, they figure since I'm with someone taller than me, I'll be fine.

(: So I'm glad it's easy there.
water cooler romance
Jazz Hands
water cooler romance
April 13th, 2007 at 10:18am
My dad has nothing against MCR or me going their concerts. Though he doesn't want me to go abroad to see them... But I'm sure he'll change his mind after I've talked to him. The only problem usually is the money. Flight tickets aren't very cheap (almost 200 euros per passenger). And I need money for the concert tickets also. And I can't have a summer job because I have lots of things to do in summer. I'm going to see MCR when they'll come here in Finland but I'd also like to go in Gothenburg and Amsterdam.
SheaLeone;KJ
Motor Baby
SheaLeone;KJ
April 15th, 2007 at 08:18pm
Mkay.
heres the problemo.
when they announced the 2nd leg of the U.S. tour and i saw that My Chem was coming to Texas, I, calmly, went to my mom and said that My Chem was coming to Texas, and that I wanted to go. She said "Maybe." That night me and my dad went out to dinner.(FYI, my parents arnt divorced, my mom just didnt want to go)I asked about the concert and he was like, maybe when your 16 you can go. In hopes of him understanding and letting me go, I confessed everything, why My Chem was so important to me. He said no.

Edegefest...they said no maybe when your 16 (in like 8 months, what a big difference)

My friend went to the one in London, and kindasorta*Cough*recordedthewholesets*cough* and i was listening to them the otherday and i noticed that Gerard cussed. I decided to be honest with my madre and tell her that he did.

Now the thing is my mom is a hardcore christian, like, its all she thinks about. I'm a christian too but my older brother has kinda diluted me so cussing dosent bother me, but it bothers her and my dad. That really set them off that they cuss. It is absolutely a necissity that i see them, ive explained so many times that they mean so much to me, but all my parents can think about is that MCR is not a christain band, and that i should be listening to Michael W. Smith, or something like that.

I dont know what to do.... so HELP!!!!

(sorry its long, i felt i needed to explain everything)