SheaLeone;KJ
April 16th, 2007 at 09:14pm
anyone?
edit:paigeclaimbitches
kaytrubie
Killjoy
kaytrubie
April 18th, 2007 at 01:07pm
I wanted to go. i had a ticket. some stupid optition said at MCR gigs, people piss in bottels and throw it around. so i couldent go. i cried for weeks. i mean weeks. then mum felt really bad as i was crying non stop, so got me tickets to Just Jack. i met him and Example. i was buzzin like Smile so if your parents wont let you go to a gig you wanna go to, thenbe nice about it, accept it, and maybe you can go another time or somewhere else. or cry. same result. xx
magda_poland
Joining The Black Parade
magda_poland
April 18th, 2007 at 03:24pm
You all live in US / UK / Germany / other countries where MCR are usually very often... I live in Poland and I think they will never visit this sucking place -__-

I have to go abroad. My mum thinks I'm too young for going somewhere abroad (I'm almost 17... -___- too young?...). So I was on only ONE MCR concert ever.

But it's not that bad... Actually I had a permission for going to few shows in Germany and one huge festival in Austria, even for buying VIP ticket for that event... I didn't go to Germany in April, 'cause my friend was too lazy to go... I can't go to Austria to meet MCR and 20 other bands that I like, 'cause my friend's brother doesn't wanna go... I can go on my own... I'm going only to ONE concert this June and they're in Europe for most of the time... THIS SUCKS!
All the things I did, to get the permission from my parents were: talking to them nicely, asking for going there in nice atmosphere of warm afternoon, sitting on the balcony while they were drinking coffee. Being kind is the best thing, I think.
grr...weee!!!
Killjoy
grr...weee!!!
May 4th, 2007 at 06:11pm
^^^well, that would suck. it took me three months for my mom to let me go to the halloween concert. she never let me. so i left a note and me and my friend tyler flew to vegas then took a bus to sacramento then hitch-hiked to la. i'm still grounded...
water cooler romance
Jazz Hands
water cooler romance
May 5th, 2007 at 10:05am
I'm so happy! My dad said I can go to Amsterdam! Dance Don't give up!
Easter Davy
Motor Baby
Easter Davy
May 7th, 2007 at 06:25pm
Pay 'em.
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
May 10th, 2007 at 07:29am
you know, the first concert i went too was the veronicas [yeah real lame i know].
& when the first toured i begged mum & she said no, so i was like urgh.
The 2nd time i begged her for a while, and she never gave me a solid answer, so, this might sound mean, but i bought the tickets behind her back. I planned everything, i asked one of my friends to come along and she has a REALLY cool mum and i invited her mum aswell, and then i told my mum "my friend and her mum are coming & they bought ME a ticket".
She let me go, and i was really shocked when she did, now when i ask her why she let me go, shes like "well, The veronicas fans are mostly girls anyway"...

I really want to see mcr next time they tour here, and i know for a fact that she knows MCR's fans include over 20 year old guys and stuff. & shes really over protective, so i don't know if she'll say yes or not if i ask her. But what i have been doing recently is like, singing there songs outloud and playing them on full blast and just talking about MCR till she goes crazy, trying to prove how much of a fan i am, so she can let me go.

I really really hope she says yes when i ask her.

I just got a tinsy problem.
I have no idea how to tell my father O_O. that'll be real awkward causes hes like a full on wog. >_<
spirit
Killjoy
spirit
May 10th, 2007 at 09:14am
Here is a view from the flip side. I'm old enough to be a parent to a lot of people on these boards. My husband and I took our 11 1/2 year old son to the concert the other night. I struggled for a long time whether he was old enough to go, but in the end decided it really wasn't a big deal. It's not like he doesn't hear the word f**k and s**t in school everyday. I don't let him listen to Teenagers and Mama, when those songs were played at the concert he didn't really know what they were about.

I consider myself a fairly strict parent. I'm glad I let him go and have that experience. He is a big MCR fan and the look on his face was priceless. Of course we had seats...I would never put him in the pit! Smile
water cooler romance
Jazz Hands
water cooler romance
May 10th, 2007 at 12:00pm
Spirit you really are a good parent for your son. Smile Usually our parents are over protective and stuff or they say that we don't have enough money for big concerts.

And my parents are too lazy to come with me. But I'm going to Amsterdam all by myself, perhaps they'll trust me more in the future so I could go again.
xskeletonxcrewx
Jazz Hands
xskeletonxcrewx
May 10th, 2007 at 01:08pm
uh well for me it was a gift to go. my mom didn't really want to go but she wants me to be happy especially now for certain reasons of my own and so she delt with going. and to my amazment she enjoyed it very much!!!
Black Meriah
Really Not Okay
Black Meriah
May 10th, 2007 at 02:40pm
I'm going to see them in June, me and a whole bunch of people are traveling together, and our parents want us to take an adult with us, and we're still working on it. I'm sure they'd let me go, if I begged enough, but the other parents wont bugde, so we're trying to find someone in time...!
acid pops
Always Born a Crime
acid pops
May 10th, 2007 at 08:27pm
I REALLY want to go to the projeket revolution tour during the summer but i dont think my parents will let me it's about 1 or 2 hours away, the tickets are expensive, and i have no one to go with i'm trust worthy and mature enough to go on my own but i seriously doubt my parents will let me go by myself and if there even is a slight chance that they'll let me go they'll insist that i go with my sister which will make the night such a drag. i would go with my friends but none of them are interested in mcr. Sad
my chemical romance.
Banned
my chemical romance.
May 10th, 2007 at 08:30pm
I got to go to it simply by asking.
It was harder though, because I had just asked for $50 tickets to Slayer a couple months before.
So I pleaded, and said I wouldn't ask to go to any more concerts until September.

Well, it worked. But I regret missing 7 amazing bands + Warped Tour for My Chemical Romance.
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
May 10th, 2007 at 11:28pm
Reassure your parents. Let them know that you're going with a bunch of friends and you guys will stick together and help each other if need be. You might have an even better chance if you'll be in the seats. Just be real mature about it and let them know you're a responsible person.
MATTY.
Banned
MATTY.
May 13th, 2007 at 12:44am
well i bought my tickets.
and then i had an argument with my parents FOUR days before the show [not a good idea]
so they said i couldnt go and i acted all depressed and stayed in my room for the weekend.
that didnt work with them so i just went to talk to my mom and compromised that i wouldnt act up again.
it was much easier to talk to them.haha.
xx
IEROnic
Killjoy
IEROnic
May 13th, 2007 at 07:00pm
Well, my momis pretty cool i think, Pretty much she'll let me go to a concert I want to as long as I pay for the tickets and like food and if im good. And I went to a concert on the 27th, my first, and like i think she was kool wiht MCR and how they perform, so she like MCR a lot lol
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
May 16th, 2007 at 09:23pm
i asked my mom about projekt revolution in august and she likes MCR a lot,so she said yes. but we had to prod my dad a TON,but he finally agreed this afternoon. Mr. Green
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 16th, 2007 at 10:49pm
spirit:
Here is a view from the flip side. I'm old enough to be a parent to a lot of people on these boards. My husband and I took our 11 1/2 year old son to the concert the other night. I struggled for a long time whether he was old enough to go, but in the end decided it really wasn't a big deal. It's not like he doesn't hear the word f**k and s**t in school everyday. I don't let him listen to Teenagers and Mama, when those songs were played at the concert he didn't really know what they were about.

I consider myself a fairly strict parent. I'm glad I let him go and have that experience. He is a big MCR fan and the look on his face was priceless. Of course we had seats...I would never put him in the pit! Smile

There was a woman who had her, like, 8 year old girl with her in the pit. Before the show we were all kinda mingling, and she asked the security guards if, supposing things got rough, they could pluck her out perhaps. They said of course, and we agreed to help her get over if the need arose.

In the end the mom decided to move way over to the outer front edge of the pit. We were all like, "Aw, that's too bad, but at least it's still pit."

Then in like...the middle of the set, the girl like pushed right up behind me (at the barrier) with her camera phone and everything in the air. She was like...as tall as my shoulder. I was like...whoa. Trooper.

There were some people with children younger than that.

My parents never would have allowed me at any concert at that age, not even like...the Backstreet Boys or whatever. Haha.
Shannon's Not Okay
Jazz Hands
Shannon's Not Okay
May 16th, 2007 at 11:38pm
My mom loves MCR, so its really easy to convince her to let me go to their shows... its a little harder when its bands like Fall Out Boy though, cuz she doesn't like Pete Wentz =/ haha

My dad just likes going to shows in general, he doesn't care who.

So all in all, my parents like going to concerts with me and thats fine xD
A New Hope
Always Born a Crime
A New Hope
May 17th, 2007 at 11:54pm
My mom is really cool about letting me go to concerts. As long as they're near of in San Antonio (but she made an exception for Silverstein in Austin since my aunt lives in Austin and we wont have to drive back so late), they tickets dont cost so much, it's not on a weekday(she made another exception for MCR cause I told her that I'd work hard on the TAKS test the next day and pass), and my dad says it's okay. He doesnt like me going to concerts but he says I can go to them. I hate when he complains about them. Mad