Don't have an account? Create one!

02/23/2007 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

AuthorMessage
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
Bleeding on the Floor
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
February 25th, 2007 at 09:36pm
sorry guys i have some pix but im kind of lazy and been doing other stuff..but heres one ive uploaded so far

during cancer

i promise ill upload more soooooon.
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
February 26th, 2007 at 02:59pm
maybe one day...:
quick queston(I know its the wrong place to ask) ::: my friend is really Obsessed with mikey, (in a teenie way) she just found a pic of him and theres a ring that looks like a wedding band, i kno hes ebgaged but she wants to kno if they got married or not

ON A MORE IMPORTANT side, DOES ANYONE HAVE PICS FROM LAST NIGHT????????

mikey is only engaged (to alicia simmons) and i think they are getting married in may
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
February 26th, 2007 at 03:02pm
NOpoetAcriminal:
i thought frank tackled mikey.
but then again i was standing behind some tall dudes and was like...
"where'd mikey go?.......where'd frank go?..... oh, there's frank..... wow, that's a big smile"... and then i did this --> Very Happy

i thought the show was fantastic... anyone else notice bob's rotating drum riser? i think i may have been the only one cuz i'm a techie dork, but it was amazing... and then with the stretcher? whoah. totall awesomeness.
i totally caught confetti and am going to string it up in my room with thread (dork)...

yeah i saw bob's drum set! freaking amazing! i missed the tackeling thing. i really wanna go to the show in Ireland (Oxegen 07).. MCR, goo goo dolls, bloc party, arcade fire, muse, and a bunch more are playing! its in july
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
February 26th, 2007 at 03:05pm
oh an random question: is there a way to save videos from YouTube so that they are in my computers files?
Harley Quinn.
Awake and Unafraid
Harley Quinn.
February 26th, 2007 at 03:14pm
EVERYONE BURN THE NEWSDAY, THEY TOTALLY BASHED THE CONCERT.
IT IS TOTAL BULLSHIT!
lord voldemort.
Salute You in Your Grave
lord voldemort.
February 26th, 2007 at 03:29pm
They did? Someone post what they said!
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
February 26th, 2007 at 03:37pm
xMotherxWarx:
Drained_Blood_23:
ChemicalParade:
For the Mikey thing actually..
Mikey was walking to the back and he tripped on an amp/light..Which is why he was on the ground.
I actually watched him the exact moment it happened.

Really? Wow... I was in seats too... damn. I missed that even though I never took my eyes off the stage.
i just found a video of it on youtube, gerard unzipped his shirt Razz

whats the link to the unzipping shirt?

and also has anyone found a video of Cementary drive being performed?
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
February 26th, 2007 at 04:58pm
Drained_Blood_23:
They did? Someone post what they said!

From Newsday:

Chemical parade not yet in stride

My Chemical Romance's stage set looked big - the grand cityscape backdrop, the massive drum riser, the helium-filled blimps and, of course, the band members themselves, decked out in matching black, marching-band-meets-skeletons uniforms.

But all that staging still wasn't big enough to match the masterful "The Black Parade" (Warner Bros.) album. And while there were moments of greatness tucked into the 90-minute concert, there were also times when the album's logistical challenges got the best of the New Jersey band.

The first hour of the show was a performance of "The Black Parade" in its entirety, with My Chemical Romance acting as The Black Parade, a fictitious band that is a figment of a dying cancer patient's imagination to help prepare him for death.

To make sure the audience understood that nuance, singer Gerard Way would casually remind them "We're The Black Parade" every now and then, which really wouldn't have been necessary if he stayed in character, but he didn't. That led to odd segues, including the introduction of the album's centerpiece, "Welcome to the Black Parade."

"The members of The Black Parade don't have any parents. In 1812, they all died in a fire," Way explained. "But Gerard and Mikey Way have a father and they love him very much, and he's here tonight and it is his birthday."

The brilliance of their performance, which ended in a massive sing-along and a blizzard of confetti, eased that awkwardness. However, it did show a bit of the band's confusion - no doubt made worse by the Nassau Coliseum show being only the second night of the tour. (The muddy sound for the first half of the show, washing out some of Way's vocals, didn't help either.)

Should they stay in character or not? In the end, it doesn't really matter. The rousing "Famous Last Words" will still bring down the house every time. The ballads "I Don't Love You" and "Disenchanted" will still be grand pop-rock showcases. "Teenagers" will still stand as one of the band's cleverest and most likable statements. And previous hits "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" and "Helena" will work whether they're mixed in with the new songs or cordoned off in a separate part of the show.

What made "The Black Parade" so striking and successful was My Chemical Romance's sheer daring and inventiveness, piling Queen bombast, T. Rex strutting and an ambitious lyrical concept on top of its emo foundation. And it's that ambition and confidence they need to recapture.

In any case, it boils down to the fact that My Chemical Romance made an amazing album and are in the process of trying to convert it into an equally amazing concert. They may not have it all figured out just yet. But when they do - perhaps by their show at Bamboozle in May? - watch out.

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. What's the worst thing I could say? Things are better off this way. With Rise Against. At Nassau Coliseum Friday night.
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
February 26th, 2007 at 05:26pm
i think that's a load of fucking shit.
was the guy even there? i feel like he got second hand information from someone who went to go see Rise Against rather than My Chem.
Obviously, he's not a fan.
I think that they may have some kinks to work out, but they aren't serious AT ALL.
I thought the whole "The members of The Black Parade don't have any parents" thing was funny and a cute intro to having everyone sing happy birthday to their dad.
I feel like we should all tell this guy to fuck off and that he's a shitty-ass writer.

BTW... as a techie, i know my sound, and there wasn't really muddy sound at the beginning, and if it was, it wasn't MCR's fault, it's their sound guy's fault. i don't think he should blame them for that. I feel like he was just looking for ways to tear them down. what a loser.
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
February 26th, 2007 at 05:29pm
Oh. and i have an interview with frank that he did 2/2/07 with me and a bunch of other college reporters talking about this tour. (this probably doesn't really go here, but oh well)

if you want the transcript (which isn't the best as in, no capitals and no spell check, but deal with it), i will post it in media/interviews if anyone is interested. PM me if you want to see it.
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
February 26th, 2007 at 05:46pm
NOpoetAcriminal:
i think that's a load of fucking shit.
was the guy even there? i feel like he got second hand information from someone who went to go see Rise Against rather than My Chem.
Obviously, he's not a fan.
I think that they may have some kinks to work out, but they aren't serious AT ALL.
I thought the whole "The members of The Black Parade don't have any parents" thing was funny and a cute intro to having everyone sing happy birthday to their dad.
I feel like we should all tell this guy to fuck off and that he's a shitty-ass writer.

BTW... as a techie, i know my sound, and there wasn't really muddy sound at the beginning, and if it was, it wasn't MCR's fault, it's their sound guy's fault. i don't think he should blame them for that. I feel like he was just looking for ways to tear them down. what a loser.

totally agree with you
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
February 26th, 2007 at 07:51pm
about the newsday article...
so fcking what if Gerard mentioned his dad's birthday! and so what if Gerard wasn't a Black Parade character the WHOLE time but just Gerard Way. this writer's pretty shitty and pretty picky.
Harley Quinn.
Awake and Unafraid
Harley Quinn.
February 26th, 2007 at 07:57pm
i cut out the pix of gerard then tore the article to fucking shreds
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
February 26th, 2007 at 08:44pm
The article wasn't THAT bad. It didn't say they sucked, just that there may have been some technical problems, and they even said that eany other problems may have been caused by the fact that it was the second show back in the US or whatever. I didn't think it was that bad anyways, especiall with him saying that there performance was "brilliant" and how good the album was.
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
Bleeding on the Floor
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
February 26th, 2007 at 10:41pm
gosh!! why does the media always bash my fave bands!! ...first of all i think that in oder to write a good review they should aske the ppl who were at the concert how they liked it. thats what counts! ...not any person who was just there to write a report, cuz if theyre not familiar then they obviously wont like it....

anyway....youtube has a lot of vids of the concert ...i never found the one with gerard unziping his shirt *drools*

p.s. i wanna go back in time!!!!!
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
February 26th, 2007 at 11:17pm
interview with frank i was talking about before: here... also posted in the interviews thread. took place 2/2/07. tell me if it doesn't work.

I would gladly go back in time as well. OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Very Happy
can someone post links to the youtube vids? if i go onto youtube, i can never leave, so i need direct places to go.
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
Bleeding on the Floor
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
February 27th, 2007 at 12:28am
the link just takes me to myspace O.O

yeah time travel like mikey says! XD lol youtube is so fun i can spend days there and not realize what happened to my day XD

how did you meet frank???????????o.o
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
February 27th, 2007 at 12:50am
i didn't meet him (unfortunately) it was a phone interview (bummer, but i was still rather happy).
if you have a myspace page, you should be able to just sign in and it will take you there.... hm.
Franniestein
Salute You in Your Grave
Franniestein
February 27th, 2007 at 06:40am
NOpoetAcriminal:
interview with frank i was talking about before: here... also posted in the interviews thread. took place 2/2/07. tell me if it doesn't work.

I would gladly go back in time as well. OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Very Happy
can someone post links to the youtube vids? if i go onto youtube, i can never leave, so i need direct places to go.

Shocked
That link takes me to my blogs
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
February 27th, 2007 at 08:18am
sorry..
try going to this then:
[url=www.myspace.com/wouldilietoyou]myspace[/url]
and then go to my blogs. it should be public.