Don't have an account? Create one!

Homosexual Rights.

AuthorMessage
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 12th, 2008 at 10:12am
exile in guyville.:
A lot of the research today presents it as a mix of genetic and environmental reasons. I would believe it leans strongly towards genetics, as you can find homosexuals and bisexuals in all walks of life.
Yeah, I don't think you can "raise someone gay." You're either sexually attracted to the opposite sex, or you're not - this being said, though, I believe we all are, to some degree.
Ash-Peters
Killjoy
Ash-Peters
December 16th, 2008 at 09:43am
Yeah I heard that theory that noone is 100% straight or 100% gay. I hate it when like you tell someone that [from my experience its mainly men who have this response] they are like "Ew no thanks I know I'm completely straight I'd never get off with a guy" its like =/ I didn't say you would, I'm pretty sure I'd never date a girl but the theory is that there is at least tiny part of everyone that is attracted to the sex they aren't normally attracted to. They say that the sexuality of humans is very flexible and this is even more so in girls.

Anyway what I was trying to say with the effeminate thing is that that is usually the big clue to you that a man is gay. I'm not always saying thats true, it's essentially a stereotype and I know that some gay men are very masculine and some straight men are very feminine, believe me I know lots feminine straight men =P But if you meet a man and they are very feminine that may make you think or assume they are gay, it is usually a good clue. So men who say they dislike effeminate homosexual men, basically have a problem with anyone who comes across as gay [because they often make fun of feminine straight men too], they don't like to be reminded that that man is gay, so really they want to ignore it or are a bit scared of it.
believing.
Salute You in Your Grave
believing.
December 16th, 2008 at 11:33am
Deb:
exile in guyville.:
A lot of the research today presents it as a mix of genetic and environmental reasons. I would believe it leans strongly towards genetics, as you can find homosexuals and bisexuals in all walks of life.
Yeah, I don't think you can "raise someone gay." You're either sexually attracted to the opposite sex, or you're not - this being said, though, I believe we all are, to some degree.

I agree completely with you. To some degree, all of us has a small part which is attracted to the opposite sex. It's just... more noticeable in different people.
Ash-Peters
Killjoy
Ash-Peters
December 16th, 2008 at 03:56pm
Im so confused, it tells me new people have posted but I see no posts =/
Jenny.
Jenny.
December 16th, 2008 at 04:38pm
^Don't spam, please. It's because that user's account hasn't been approved yet.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
December 16th, 2008 at 06:37pm
Ash-Peters:
Yeah I heard that theory that noone is 100% straight or 100% gay. I hate it when like you tell someone that [from my experience its mainly men who have this response] they are like "Ew no thanks I know I'm completely straight I'd never get off with a guy" its like =/ I didn't say you would, I'm pretty sure I'd never date a girl but the theory is that there is at least tiny part of everyone that is attracted to the sex they aren't normally attracted to. They say that the sexuality of humans is very flexible and this is even more so in girls.
But, as you say, it is just a theory Shifty2
It isn't necessarily the stark truth, so I can understand why some people might disagree with it like some of your straight male friends.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
December 16th, 2008 at 07:23pm
I would personally be inclined to believe that theory. It would explain why you hear about people who dont discover their gay or bi-sexual untill alot later on in life.

However id also go so far as to suggest environmental factors, such as the opinions of others (your parents, friends ect) would influence what you want to label yourself.
Ash-Peters
Killjoy
Ash-Peters
December 17th, 2008 at 07:01pm
Yeah it is a theory but they have done some tests e.g monitoring the brains responses to sexual scenes of the same and opposite sex
or something along those lines
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
December 21st, 2008 at 01:36pm
I prefer to believe that theory, as I personally believe in falling in love with the person, as opposed to the body.
Ash-Peters
Killjoy
Ash-Peters
December 21st, 2008 at 04:26pm
Yeah I agree with Bob. Its nice to think that love isn't not necessarily down to gender, more romantic and much less superficial that way. Btw im not calling people who won't go out with someone of the same gender superficial cos I don't think I could, so that would be hypocritical!
It's just a nice thought =)
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
December 21st, 2008 at 05:05pm
People who are attracted to others regardless of sex or gender are pansexual.
So that itself isn't really a theory...
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 24th, 2008 at 10:10am
Bob.:
I prefer to believe that theory, as I personally believe in falling in love with the person, as opposed to the body.
That is such a nice sentiment - well said! You know what would also be lovely? If one day, gay couples could walk down the street holding hands without ridicule. This IS America, right?
Boubou
Killjoy
Boubou
December 26th, 2008 at 02:33pm
theory? you talk about what theory?
i think there's no theory about people's mind or even their sexual preferences. If you ask 1000 homosexuals you'll get 1000 different feelings, 1000 different reasons to be homo and so on.
It's difficult to say how, why, when somebody turns out to be homo, if it's up to him or his family etc.
I just hope people to become less narrow minded and not look at homos like they come from march or smth. There's nothing new to discover about the inner world of an homosexual. I think they feel no different from ''normal'' people.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
December 26th, 2008 at 06:58pm
personally if someone calledme a homo, like you've said repeatedly, id be offended anyway. Disgust

But it's human nature to find things out and discover why something is the way it is. I mean it must be something that makes someone fall for the same sex / opposite sex. i see no harm in trying to discover why.

Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
December 26th, 2008 at 07:16pm
Boubou:
theory? you talk about what theory?
i think there's no theory about people's mind or even their sexual preferences. If you ask 1000 homosexuals you'll get 1000 different feelings, 1000 different reasons to be homo and so on.
It's difficult to say how, why, when somebody turns out to be homo, if it's up to him or his family etc.
I just hope people to become less narrow minded and not look at homos like they come from march or smth. There's nothing new to discover about the inner world of an homosexual. I think they feel no different from ''normal'' people.
First of all, you go on about how people should be less narrowminded, but yet you repeatedly call homosexuals "homos" etc. Isn't the slang term "homo" offensive? I always thought it was, but I'm not homosexual so I can't say for sure.

There are actually things we want to find out about homosexuality that we don't already know. It isn't clear how people become homosexual, and that is why there are a lot of different theories thrown around. Making up theories about homosexuality and how they are different from people of other sexual orientations (heterosexuality, asexuality, pansexuality, bisexuality...) is not offensive. Theories are just ideas that people put out there to try and explain something that hasn't been fully explained yet.

And by the way, homosexuality isn't a special case. There are a lot of things about sexuality in general that we don't know, and I actually find theories about sexuality quite interesting even if I don't agree with all of them.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
December 27th, 2008 at 11:20am

there was a TV program on once, with john barrowman, and it was trying to figure out why people are gay: nature or nurture.
& they're starting to prove it's nature. they had these twin boys, and the one was really... straight and manly, and the other one was really effeminate and gay.
and they were raised exactly the same, by the same mother. :]
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
December 27th, 2008 at 01:27pm
thesharpestminds:
I'm not saying that all Christians share my belief. I'm actually completely detatching myself from "religion" because I don't have one. I am sorry I offended you because I have a different opinion than you do.

My biblical reference is not sketchy. It says in plain black and white "homosexuals". How could that be misinterpreted? You can twist the meaning into something else entirely but I think Paul meant what he said.

Lying is a vital survival skill? I assume you read the Bible and God says lying is a sin. We are all born with a sinful nature, because of the fall in the Garden of Eden. Like some others said before, being tempted is not a sin, but falling to the temptation is. No one is born a homosexual. They choose to follow that path.

I've met people who previously practiced homosexuality. People are born black, white, Asian, French, American, American-Indian and there's nothing they can do to change that. You cannot just stop being the race you are. But you are able to stop being a homosexual.

I'm ranting here, but I feel so strongly about this subject.

I don't mean to bring up something that will get people annoyed, but I just think it should be said (or better yet, hopefully someone said it before me) that just because God says homosexuality is wrong, it isn't an excuse for people to discriminate, ESPECIALLY the government. If we used the Christian Bible to decide what we use for making law-effecting decisions, then freedom of religion has been completely ignored and made null and void.
Boubou
Killjoy
Boubou
December 27th, 2008 at 06:35pm
Mindfuck:
Isn't the slang term "homo" offensive?

LOL i really didn't know about that! I'm not from an english speaking country so i dont even know the english slang. I agree with what u said. I just dont like when people treat to homosexuals like they are some kind of guinea-pigs... :-s
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
December 28th, 2008 at 09:54am
ok then, trust me. Homo is very offensive and i'd prefer it if you didn't use that term again. Thanks.
ChildVision
Really Not Okay
ChildVision
January 5th, 2009 at 11:26pm
In my opinion....i think a person falls in love with a soul..and that soul doesn't need to have a specific gender.