Don't have an account? Create one!

Homosexual Rights.

AuthorMessage
ChristineLovesRaquel
Killjoy
ChristineLovesRaquel
July 23rd, 2009 at 09:06pm
In my opinion, as long as the relationship is between two consenting people, it should be perfectly fine. So long as the partnership is between either two adults or two minors, I don't see what's wrong with it.
It's different from incest because no deformed children can result from it, and it's different from bestiality because both partners have a say in being in the relationship.
I don't understand why it's viewed as taboo so often. Homosexuals are people, too, not sex crazed monsters like some people I have met think.
hunteri heroici.
Always Born a Crime
hunteri heroici.
August 8th, 2009 at 08:26am
I don't know about other countries, but, in Greece, gay marriage is not legal because Greece[as a country] = church [Christianity]. What I want to say is that in Greece, the church is the one who actually decides, not the congress. And I believe we all know Christianity's views on homosexual relationships. Even though the actual law allows to two adults to get married. It doesn;t specify if those two adults should be of diferrent sex or not.
I, myself, am all in for homosexual marriages.
As for the whole 'gay couple adopting kids' thing, I believe that a kid raised by a gay couple, won't necessarily grow up to be a homosexual. Take me for example. I was raised by two heterosexual, straight people. But I am not straight. The same thing applies to all cases. When it comes to asdoption, I firmly believe that what counts is love between the couple. Because if there is love between them, they'll give love to the kid as well.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 9th, 2009 at 12:32am
jimmy sullivan.:
I don't know about other countries, but, in Greece, gay marriage is not legal because Greece[as a country] = church [Christianity]. When it comes to asdoption, I firmly believe that what counts is love between the couple. Because if there is love between them, they'll give love to the kid as well.
How ironic, considering their history. Sorry, but it had to be said. I actually take exception to your last statement - what about single parents? Surely they're capable of raising a child with love despite the presence of a significant other?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 9th, 2009 at 01:12am
Deb:
How ironic, considering their history. Sorry, but it had to be said. I actually take exception to your last statement - what about single parents? Surely they're capable of raising a child with love despite the presence of a significant other?

I think she meant that if a couple is in love and wants to start a family that the fact that the love each other is more important than what gender they are, as opposed to strait religious couples who hate each other and only stay together because they don't believe in divorce, no doubt causing emotional damage to their child.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 9th, 2009 at 10:24pm
double post sorry Embarassed
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 9th, 2009 at 10:25pm
Faraday:
I think she meant that if a couple is in love and wants to start a family that the fact that the love each other is more important than what gender they are, as opposed to strait religious couples who hate each other and only stay together because they don't believe in divorce, no doubt causing emotional damage to their child.

Fair enough, but love isn't enough to keep a couple together, and gay couples are no likelier to be stable than heterosexual couples are.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
August 10th, 2009 at 08:37pm
Alex DeLarge.:
Does anyone know where, exactly, in the United States constitution it even said that gays can't marry before this whole commotion? Because I can't remember ever learning anything about that when I was a child.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, or if this has been cleared up, but there was no law against it as far as I know until a gay couple tried to get married in the 1970s and found that no one would let them. Right now, though, the biggest federal law against gay marriage is DOMA - Defense Of Marriage Act - which Bill Clinton signed in 1996.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 17th, 2009 at 11:14am
Deb:

Fair enough, but love isn't enough to keep a couple together, and gay couples are no likelier to be stable than heterosexual couples are.
then should no one ever be able to adopt kids unless they're proven to be in love and will stay together forever?
i think that gay couples and straight couples and everyone in between should be allowed to adopt, as long as both people are found to be responsible enough to raise the child.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 31st, 2010 at 01:37pm
You know what, I said something ridiculous last year and I've changed a lot in the past year so...

Even though I still think marriage is for a man and a woman, I think it should still be legal for gays to get married. I think people should have a right to get married to someone they love, even if they are the same sex. I don't have anything against gays getting married.
mindless.
Salute You in Your Grave
mindless.
April 1st, 2010 at 07:13pm
I have a neighbor who is homosexual, and she's what's considered normal in every other aspect besides.
why then should she be denied true love?
does it make a person lesser than another just because they seek companionship in the same sex, even if they're no different than you and i?
no.
it is absolutely cruel to keep someone from being happy, just because someone else doesn't think it's right.
i am all for homosexual marriages, let people live the way they choose.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 2nd, 2010 at 05:57am
RaceYouToTheHorizon:
I have a neighbor who is homosexual, and she's what's considered normal in every other aspect besides.
does it make a person lesser than another just because they seek companionship in the same sex, even if they're no different than you and i?
no.
it is absolutely cruel to keep someone from being happy, just because someone else doesn't think it's right.
Just to point out - true love (or indeed any kind of love) can exist without marriage. Marriage does not equal love, and love doesn't equal marriage.

Even though I believe gay marriage should be allowed, by denying gay marriage a country isn't necessarily denying gay people loving each other.
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
April 2nd, 2010 at 10:11pm
Mindfuck:
RaceYouToTheHorizon:
no.
Just to point out - true love (or indeed any kind of love) can exist without marriage. Marriage does not equal love, and love doesn't equal marriage.

Even though I believe gay marriage should be allowed, by denying gay marriage a country isn't necessarily denying gay people loving each other.

But i suppose the whole marriage issue is more symbolic?
your right,you can love another person without marriage.
But marriage usually means forever,lawfully commited,it means alot to the two people involved in that aspect,its a huge commitment to make to say you want to spend your life with someone.

Just because someone is gay,doesnt mean they should be denied that pleasure.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 4th, 2010 at 06:45am
^Yes I know, and I agree. I never said I didn't agree with gay marriage. I was just pointing out to RaceYouToTheHorizon that "true love" exists with or without marriage and that marriage is not necessarily "true love".
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
April 4th, 2010 at 02:43pm
I know Smile
its just the 'by denying gay marriage a country isn't necessarily denying gay people loving each other'

But theres still lots of hate crimes towards people,and alot of negative views towards them

And if a country allows gay people to love each other,what really would be the difference if they were married :/
By making it illegal for gay people to be married,it doesnt matter what they do,they'll find a way around it anyway.

People go to other countries to get married!

Im not religeous or anything so i dont have extremely strong views about the whole,man and woman only thing.

I honestly dont see a problem with it
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
April 5th, 2010 at 09:32am
Food for thought, but has anyone considered the fact that many homosexuals who need to get married are really needing it for the tax breaks marriage can give you? Not that it makes it any less valid, but you should consider it beyond the love thing, because in the real world tax breaks and insurance rules are a reason for many people to get married. A big argument is that these benefits should not be denied to gays.
nina;
Awake and Unafraid
nina;
April 5th, 2010 at 05:01pm
I was just about to express the same opinion as Steff above just did. I mean, there's more to a marriage than just love. Marriage comes with some jurisdictional rights, that would otherwise not be applied to a couple. I'm not that sure how the laws work in your countries, but in Sweden, marriage and everything surrounding it, has it's own chapter in our lawbook, giving them different rights.

And on the contrary to what Bill O'Reilly from FOX ever said. Sweden is not a country of six million people, where a study was made to show that when same-sex marriage was legalised, the institution of marriage collapsed. No such study was made, we're almost ten million, and no intstitution of marriage collapsed. It's not like marriage is some superspecial club, and when everyone's allowed to get married, it's not as cool anymore.
Jenny.
Jenny.
April 5th, 2010 at 05:46pm
So the US census will report counts of same-sex couples for the first time this year. What do you guys make of this?

source
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
April 7th, 2010 at 12:20pm
I know that I stand firmly in support of gay marriages and I think the idea of bringing up monetary support is a very valid one because it often does have a large implication in getting married.

My thoughts are that homosexual marriage should be legalised everywhere because as we're supposed to live in a free world then choices should be free as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. (That's a utaliterian philosophy)...
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
April 7th, 2010 at 08:37pm
I agree with you,im not religeous or anything so i dont have those factors influencing my opinion.

Plus i noticed last night that jesus and god backwards say sausage dog :')

But who's to say they can rule peoples relationships?
If a person chooses to marry,that is thier choice,if it doesnt work out,they pay for a divorce.

If a gay person wants to marry thier partner,they should be able to!

I know alot of people have the man and woman only view,but this is the 21st centurary.
We're not living in medieval times anymore,as a world we have to grow and adjust.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
April 8th, 2010 at 05:41pm
One viewpoint is that the word "marriage" is in fact a religious term with religious connotations, just as "handfasting" is a European non-religious way of joining two people - still commonly used today. People with this mindset seem to agree that marriage, since it is religious, should remain between a man and a woman since it is discussed in the Bible (and other methods, such as handfasting, can remain an option for others, just as Pagan friends of mine choose not to be "married" ) - I am not familiar with the Bible's wording so I can't provide excerpts; I'd appreciate anyone who can fill this in for me.