Don't have an account? Create one!

Homosexual Rights.

AuthorMessage
High_School_Outcast
Thinking Happy Thoughts
High_School_Outcast
April 15th, 2010 at 01:02am
I have this issue with the idea of "normal". In so many posts here I see people referring to a heterosexaul couple as "normal" and that is what I believe is the main cause of the taboo over homosexuality. If people stopped viewing gay's and being different to heterosexual's then people would be more accepting of gay's.

People get this idea in their heads that gays are dirty sex-crazed weirdo's because of this term "normal"... And as we all know, it's completely disgusting to think of gay's in this way.

I believe that, regardless of your sexuality, you have a right and a human being of rational thought, to be able to marry whom you choose, to love and spend your life with the person you want, disregarding what gender that person is or what the government says.

I agree with Merlin. ^-^ about the idea that 'marriage' is a religious thing, and it goes against the bible to marry a gay couple. But the government is the government, they are not supposed to be influenced by religion or ulterior motives. They are there to act on behalf of the people in the people's best interests. So if gay couples all over the country are wanting to get married, why does the government keep fighting it?!
SweetRevenge1992
Salute You in Your Grave
SweetRevenge1992
June 13th, 2010 at 05:59pm
I'm all for gay marriage and gay rights. I don't see how it threatens straight marriage in any way. Gays are living, breathing human biengs with feelings and everything. I don't see why they shouldn't have the same rights as everybody else just because their preferences are a bit different than most.

Some people say that it threatens the sanctity of straight marriage, but I honestly don't think that's even the slightest bit logical. How is it that 2 people of the same sex that love eachother is such a horrible thing that it threatens your relationship?
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
October 3rd, 2010 at 09:51pm
personally, I don't see the use of civil unions.
marriage in a legal sense is not a religious ceremony at all. a simple town hall wedding creates a marriage, no religion involved.
It's the same for gay marriage.
Draco Malfoy.
Motor Baby
Draco Malfoy.
February 15th, 2011 at 10:47pm
Society seems to have issues with other people's happiness.
That's all that can be said.
I notice, more so lately than ever, that people can't seem to keep their noses out of other people's business (in regards to music, style...)
I don't understand how personal choices, or not even in this case, are anybody elses' concern.
Friday13
Killjoy
Friday13
March 9th, 2011 at 12:14pm
i really hate it when people say they hate gay people and when you ask them why they simply say "Cos its discusting" (usually with a grimance or shudder)
its just so ARGH annoying!
usually people don't ACTUALLY have a problem with it they are just following everyone else.
Awesome_As_Gerard
Killjoy
Awesome_As_Gerard
September 5th, 2011 at 01:54pm
I think homosexuals deserve the right of marry and adopt children. I mean, there are shitty heterosexual mothers parents, and there´s amazing homosexual parents. My mom, for example, she abandoned me, she never called me or saw me again, she is such a shitty parent! And maybe there are fantastic lesbian moms who take care of their children. I think that we live in a society who judge the people and is unfair. That´s my opinion, that´s my story... Smile
Exterminatorhydrogen
Killjoy
Exterminatorhydrogen
July 13th, 2012 at 03:42am
In America, we have our children say a pledge, and it ends like this:
With liberty and justice for all.
Well if homosexuals are denied their right to marry then this country really doesn't have "liberty and justice for all." They don't have justice, they don't have the liberty to marry who they wish. I wonder why they aren't allowing homosexuals to marry. What is the difference between a Homosexual, or a Heterosexual marriage? Nothing absolutely nothing. It is simply a marriage between a couple who love each other and want to be with each other for the rest of their lives, so why do so many people think that there is something wrong with that. They are regular people, they have feelings and lives. So why don't they get the same rights as other married couples. Some of them even have children, so there really is no difference. And if you resort to religion to justify denying homosexual rights then you are making another mistake. Because this isn't a religious country. Not everyone believes in the same religion. Denying people of their rights because of their sexuality is like denying people of their rights because of their race. In other words being homophobic is the same thing as being racist just in another form. And last time I checked you could get sued for being racist. Those are just my thoughts on the matter
GerardWay!!!
Killjoy
GerardWay!!!
August 11th, 2012 at 05:54am
Being gay is awesome and discriminating against gays is like discriminating against other races its a type of people. You don't get to choose whether you are gay or not you just are its like you can't choose your family or what you look like being gay is a part of who they are. Its like them saying to you oh you can't because of whatever its the same for them they didn't choose it so don't discriminate against them for it.
Ezekiel
Salute You in Your Grave
Ezekiel
November 23rd, 2012 at 03:21pm
My uncle (well, Godfather) is having a 'civil partnership' next year but feels it's not enough he wants to get MARRIED in a church (although he is Buddhist). It's not really fair on him, on anyone, that gay people aren't allowed to get married in church. Does the bible not say we are all made in the image of God? If the church think that's true then why don't they except who people are and except gay people.
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
Fabulous Killjoy
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
March 13th, 2013 at 07:56am
Love is love. If you love somebody, it shouldn't matter if it's a relationship of a male & female, female & female, or male & male.
Having a relationship that consists of two females or two males is literally no different than having one of a male and female together. We're human. If a guy is attracted to guys, if a woman is attracted to women, if a guy is attracted to women, or if a woman is attracted to a guy. It's all the same in the end. It's love, it's normal, so why do people make such a huge deal out of it?
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 16th, 2013 at 01:03am
I posted in here when I was an ignorant little twat from North Carolina so I'll just redeem myself here since this thread isn't locked right now. I don't think people should be making such a big deal about homosexual rights. Meaning, I think it's sort of a no-brainer that they should have the same rights as straight people. Just because they love someone of the same sex means they're less valuable as humans? I think that's insanity.