Don't have an account? Create one!

How To Meet Them?

AuthorMessage
LifeWon'tWait
Killjoy
LifeWon'tWait
January 9th, 2007 at 11:39am
First time I saw them they were supporting Muse at an outdoor gig in a kinda sports arena, it was more like a festival tbh, we could walk about and stuff.
So anywho, I got to the second row of people, and they played but I got pulled out before Muse even came on because I couldn't breathe with my asthma and stuff, haha.

So me and my friend ended up finding out where the guys were hanging out after, and we could see right in and we sat there for about 2 or 3 hours watching them haha, kinda pervy. Mikey and Ray waved at this big crowd of kinda teenies but me and my friend were sitting on the ground next to this burger van and Frank came to the window to watch Muse and we waved and that, and managed to get his attention and he waved back YAY. I didn't meet them, but I saw one of their roadies walk past me and shouted at him. Haha.

Okay, that's my tale of nearly meeting MCR.
definatlyDEAD!
Killjoy
definatlyDEAD!
January 9th, 2007 at 12:34pm
your best bet is to get there really early when there isnt many people around ans wait near the tour bus, normally around the back of the venue.
when i went to see them in liverpool in november i waited around the back after the gig and gerard cam out and he signed my ticket Very Happy and i spoke to him for a lil while Very Happy. he normally come out first about an hour after the show and the rest normally come out an hour or so later, i missed the rest of guys tho had to go :[
x
hope that helps :]
on birds and glass
Always Born a Crime
on birds and glass
January 9th, 2007 at 04:25pm
The first time I saw them was in 2005 and it was at a university, and at the time they weren't as big as they are now. So after the concert we went back behind the building to the tour bus, and waited, and waited, for almost two hours. And they were signing autographs and stuff so they weren't coming out, and my aunt wanted to leave. So we left. but now we totally regret that, because they probably did come out and we lost our chance to meet them.
but we didn't have a camera, or anything so.
But it would have been amazing to meet them!
I still have these freaking dreams about what would have happened that night.

but the good thing was we were front row in the concert and RAY WAVED AT ME Very Happy
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
January 10th, 2007 at 07:15am
comfortablyconfused:
your best bet is to get there really early when there isnt many people around ans wait near the tour bus, normally around the back of the venue.
when i went to see them in liverpool in november i waited around the back after the gig and gerard cam out and he signed my ticket Very Happy and i spoke to him for a lil while Very Happy. he normally come out first about an hour after the show and the rest normally come out an hour or so later, i missed the rest of guys tho had to go :[
x

I'm planning on going early.....but they don't open the parking lot till like 2 hours before the show....i'm hoping to be there before then even....I already made plans to try and find their tour bus.....hehe...*knock knock* HAHA...
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
January 10th, 2007 at 01:54pm
X5927alpha:

Actually I would bet this is kind of true. After some shows I bet they have things to do and run off right after the show to somewhere else. Other shows...they just might stay. Either way the point is there is a chance to meet them either way. Always a chance.

They wait inside until the roadies have loaded up all the things and then they leave, so even if they are in a hurry, its not going to be that fast. Usually takes at least an hour.
definatlyDEAD!
Killjoy
definatlyDEAD!
January 10th, 2007 at 05:58pm
]x[Ghost In The Snow]x[:
comfortablyconfused:
x

I'm planning on going early.....but they don't open the parking lot till like 2 hours before the show....i'm hoping to be there before then even....I already made plans to try and find their tour bus.....hehe...*knock knock* HAHA...

ye i would try and get there earlier if you could because they'll be really busy 2 hours before even if the venue isnt open just around the back were the tour bus is.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
January 13th, 2007 at 07:43am
damnit. i am going to a show at an arena...so, now i am thinkig i won't get to meet any of thes guys afterwards. Sad
Synyster Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Synyster Gates
January 13th, 2007 at 12:12pm
^ yeh i know what you mean...i'm going to watch them in Manchester in March, which is a massive arena, so theres probably (sp?) no chance that i will meet them but hopefully there will be other times! Very Happy
bledtodeath
Killjoy
bledtodeath
January 13th, 2007 at 12:53pm
To be honest, I reckon the only chance you'd have to meet people is getting there really early - I turn up to most of my gigs at about 9am and I've had some awesome meetings and greetings in return [starbucks with matt rubano, tbs for instance]. Especially now that MCR are so ridiculously big in the UK, they're going to be very cautious indeed.

You need to remember that, although we'd all dearly LOVE to meet them, pretty much every person going to these gigs has the same insentive. You're definitely not going to be the only ones trying. It's important not to get your hopes up. Sorry to be blunt.
i_luv_gerard12
Killjoy
i_luv_gerard12
January 13th, 2007 at 02:23pm
The Breakfast Monkey:
I've made up my mind- I WILL meet MCR someday. It doesn't matter if my mum is an MCR hating meanie.......I WILL meet them before I die!! Even if I'm 60! =D (And Gerard is like, 76...I'll still love him! XD)

your mom doesnt like MCR??? who doesnt like MCR??? *dies of shock* ahhhh!!!!
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
January 13th, 2007 at 03:39pm
I am sooooooooo sad I am gonna see them at Wembley in London so I wont meet them . . . *slits wrists*
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
January 14th, 2007 at 01:19am
i_luv_gerard12:
The Breakfast Monkey:
I've made up my mind- I WILL meet MCR someday. It doesn't matter if my mum is an MCR hating meanie.......I WILL meet them before I die!! Even if I'm 60! =D (And Gerard is like, 76...I'll still love him! XD)

your mom doesnt like MCR??? who doesnt like MCR??? *dies of shock* ahhhh!!!!

my mom sings MCR songs all the time. she says she doesn't like them , but she rocks out to their music when i listen to it, so she is OBVIOUSLY in denial.
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
January 15th, 2007 at 07:07am
bledtodeath:
To be honest, I reckon the only chance you'd have to meet people is getting there really early - I turn up to most of my gigs at about 9am and I've had some awesome meetings and greetings in return [starbucks with matt rubano, tbs for instance]. Especially now that MCR are so ridiculously big in the UK, they're going to be very cautious indeed.

You need to remember that, although we'd all dearly LOVE to meet them, pretty much every person going to these gigs has the same insentive. You're definitely not going to be the only ones trying. It's important not to get your hopes up. Sorry to be blunt.

Hey....it's true anyways......so yeah.....^_^
mikeymakesmegommm
Killjoy
mikeymakesmegommm
January 15th, 2007 at 11:44am
i gotta a question...i really want to meet MCR they have like changed my life....i will pbly pass out b4 they can say hi but i was wondering...if the concert starts at 800pm when should i arrive to try and catch them!?!?!
XxMaeganxX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XxMaeganxX
January 15th, 2007 at 01:49pm
bledtodeath:

^ This is true.

I remember at the Ottawa show in 2005 my sister and I were waiting for our ride (yeah 19 and 22 and needing mummy to pick us up lmao) and these guys yelled at us that they were already gone...not that we weren't keeping an eye open but we just kinda looked at eachother and said 'sure they are' but didn't really care. It's hard to explain but they layout and with the ice and feezing rain it would have made it impossible to get down there anyways. It's like looking down over a highway bridge but it's just the back of the arena....Scotiabank Place is messed in that way lol.
famous_last_words
Motor Baby
famous_last_words
January 15th, 2007 at 02:50pm
ill give you some advice,
dont scream your head off at them if they come out lol
youll scare them away and then thell run right into the bus like woooo
deadamy
Killjoy
deadamy
January 16th, 2007 at 12:38pm
I propably won't meet them ever because i live in finland and they r not coming here for a while. And when they come i propably can't go see them 'cause i don't wont to go alone, my friends don't really like them. Have to make a change in that. >8D
BatKissMasquerade
Really Not Okay
BatKissMasquerade
January 16th, 2007 at 01:09pm
]x[Ghost In The Snow]x[:
O_O I wonder how early?.....cause the venue i'm going to...March 1st....the parking lot doesn't open till like 2 hours before the show...I'm hoping to be there before then though....cause i'm going right when i leave work....which is about 4:30....and it should take about 45 min to get there....(I hope)....

Gah i can't wait......my first MCR show (Yes I'm aware that I'm old and havent been to an MCR show in my life yet haha)

Poor Gerard and his teen anxiety....(Is glad she's almost not a teenager anymore lol haha) No offense....O___O

So you're going to the march 1st show? Me too You know what i want to do though? Instead of driving or whatever i wanna rent a limo to take me there instead cuz there's limo services that take you to concerts and stuff so i don't have to worry about the traffic bs or what not and the concert itself is a birthday present for me which is why i might bring cupcakes so i can kill everyone with its deliciousnessSmile I got to meet the guys last month so this is gonna be my 4th time seeing them.

If you wanna meet them i agree with the other posts. If they're playing at bigger venues i guess you have to get there really early cuz im pretty sure security is gonna be a bitch and you definitely need to have a lot of patience and be willing to wait in line for a while. it took me over 2 hours to meet the guys and even then i was freezing my ass offSad
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
January 16th, 2007 at 04:26pm
Dude, I REALLY want to meet them, but idk how. I guess if it's meant to happen, it will, and if it's not, it won't.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
January 16th, 2007 at 05:27pm
Yep its not going to be easy especially at such large gigs, the best advice I could say is that if they ever announce a smaller gig any time soon, get to it! Worked twice for me, failing that, I also got to meet them at leeds festival, so look out for organised things like signings too