Don't have an account? Create one!

How To Meet Them?

AuthorMessage
definatlyDEAD!
Killjoy
definatlyDEAD!
February 18th, 2007 at 04:12pm
Mrs.Halloween:
^ that's how i felt when i met, well kind of saw them, after a show.
everyone wanted their attention, especially gerard's. i felt horrible to the point where it made me feel guilty to ask him for his autograph.
i'm kinda weird like that. heh.
i think i'd much rather meet them on quieter circumstances, when there aren't 200 people screaming at them.

ye i felt a bit guilty to, i was trying to be all polite when i asked him to sign my ticket...
BornToRockGirl
Motor Baby
BornToRockGirl
February 18th, 2007 at 04:54pm
I think the best place ever to meet bands would be at the Warped Tour. cause theres tons of them and they always walk around the venues. In 2004 i got to meet the whole band! godi was shaking but yeah i got some posters signed and i got a pic with Frank and Ray!!
God i can't fucking believe that Frank put his arm around my shoulder. i think i just about died. My brothers had to pull me away. lol
but yeah at concerts like this u will meet bands when u least expect it cause you'll just be walking around and bam! theres MCR! haha
emo_MCR_girl
Killjoy
emo_MCR_girl
February 19th, 2007 at 07:59pm
well i kno theres a contest on myspace and u hav to put a comment on the blog y u should get a free ticket and a backstage pass and then they would announce the winner 3 days before each concert and theres a winner for each concert and i already tryed for tampa,FL
Soul Bird
Killjoy
Soul Bird
February 20th, 2007 at 05:57pm
I was just wondering how could I do if I want to give them something? Do I just throw it in a bag and go to the show like that? Cause I'd really like to get at close to the front as possible, and out of personal experience I know it's best to travel light. I'm also worried that I won't even get to meet them at all and I'll have wasted a bunch of money for nothing. If not could I just give it to a security guy and ask him to give it to them? That would definately be the last of my options, but I'd like to be ready for everything. I don't think I'll even want an autograph, I just really want to talk to them.. I have a list of questions that have been bugging me and I want them to clear them up for me. Mr. Green
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
February 20th, 2007 at 09:17pm
Soul Bird:
I was just wondering how could I do if I want to give them something? Do I just throw it in a bag and go to the show like that? Cause I'd really like to get at close to the front as possible, and out of personal experience I know it's best to travel light. I'm also worried that I won't even get to meet them at all and I'll have wasted a bunch of money for nothing. If not could I just give it to a security guy and ask him to give it to them? That would definately be the last of my options, but I'd like to be ready for everything. I don't think I'll even want an autograph, I just really want to talk to them.. I have a list of questions that have been bugging me and I want them to clear them up for me. Mr. Green

I think you shouldn't give the gifts to a security guard working at the venue, but give it to one of MCR's roadies or body guards (like WORM!) or their tour manager Brian if you ever get a chance to see them. i once asked a security guy at a venue to give these cards and gifts to MCR, and well, i doubt it ever got to them. i'm also like you, i dont care for autographs, just a few seconds of MCR's time. but to be perfectly honest, i dont think you can get through your list of questions for them because unless you won a contest to meet them, or you somehow obtained a backstage/vip pass, they'll be busy taking pics with other fans and signing autographs plus they always have people making them leave cus they're always in a rush to places. maybe you can ask him one question that you've been dying to know and he'll answer it. well, best of luck with whatever you do. btw, travelling light to these concerts is a great idea, but i bought a HUGE bag so i can put a load of stuff in there when i wait outside of the coliseum for like, 20 hours.
SheaLeone;KJ
Motor Baby
SheaLeone;KJ
February 20th, 2007 at 10:38pm
mmk. my goal in life is to meet them. here are my problems.
-gerard gets panic attacks around teens, [16, does that count?]
-my parents arnt gonna want to wait like forever just to see them for five minutes
-what if they dont even stay? what a waste right?
-i want to have a memory of all this but, i am suck a bloody chicken i cant work up the guts for an autoograph,, especially knowing that Gee hates teenines!

HELP!!
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
February 21st, 2007 at 01:20am
^^^ awww. i really dont' think gee would ever hate his fans....but definitely ask him for an autograph. no worries. you'll get your chance of meeting them, you're young, they're young. so yea. i don't think it's about age, it's about how they act when they're around him. *keep in mind, always be calm. no tackling, screaming, crying hysterically.
poison_and_kerosene
Jazz Hands
poison_and_kerosene
February 21st, 2007 at 03:10am
rockonbaby:
iLOVEfrankANDgerard:
and the next day we went to the airport and waited for them to come... we like went through the bag check together and i walked with bob all the way down the airport and we were just talking... crazy stuff... bob was so nice... they all were but gerard wasnt very happy at the airport and after we hugged and stuff he went and sat down ans basically hid from everyone

wait, i'm confused. you bought airplane tickets and all that JUST so you could see MCR at the airport??
.......do you need an airplane ticket while going through bag check and all that??
what did you do when they just sat there waiting for their plane?

no u dont need tikets to go through the bag chek... thats just to get into the waiting area where you can wait for people getting on or off planes...when they were sitting n waiting we just sat down near where they had to get on the plane cuz we didnt wanna annoy them cuz gerard didnt look happy...and the security guys werent that nice
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
February 21st, 2007 at 09:54am
I'd love to meet them...it would be so great!
I'd wouldnt like to meet them at a show because evreryone else would be all over therem, i'd wanna meet em randomly in the street!
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
February 21st, 2007 at 02:17pm
iLOVEfrankANDgerard:
no u dont need tikets to go through the bag chek... thats just to get into the waiting area where you can wait for people getting on or off planes...when they were sitting n waiting we just sat down near where they had to get on the plane cuz we didnt wanna annoy them cuz gerard didnt look happy...and the security guys werent that nice

oh, i see. you're soo lucky though! alot of people have tried going to airports to meet them, but they somehow always miss them! or they just never see them there. you got to spend like, alot of time being a few feet away and i'm sure they definitely noticed you, luccckyyyy Crying or Very sad
Soul Bird
Killjoy
Soul Bird
February 21st, 2007 at 04:58pm
rockonbaby:

I think you shouldn't give the gifts to a security guard working at the venue, but give it to one of MCR's roadies or body guards (like WORM!) or their tour manager Brian if you ever get a chance to see them. i once asked a security guy at a venue to give these cards and gifts to MCR, and well, i doubt it ever got to them. i'm also like you, i dont care for autographs, just a few seconds of MCR's time. but to be perfectly honest, i dont think you can get through your list of questions for them because unless you won a contest to meet them, or you somehow obtained a backstage/vip pass, they'll be busy taking pics with other fans and signing autographs plus they always have people making them leave cus they're always in a rush to places. maybe you can ask him one question that you've been dying to know and he'll answer it. well, best of luck with whatever you do. btw, travelling light to these concerts is a great idea, but i bought a HUGE bag so i can put a load of stuff in there when i wait outside of the coliseum for like, 20 hours.

Yeah that's what I'm the most worried about, them having to rush through all the fans cause they have to go somewhere else. Well I've tried keeping my hopes up high, I keep telling myself that that's just right now that the tour's just starting, maybe farther into it they're a bit more relaxed and don't have to run around like crazy people.. but yeah, thanks for the advise! Bye
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
February 21st, 2007 at 11:38pm
^^^ you're welcome!
collateral damage.
Awake and Unafraid
collateral damage.
February 21st, 2007 at 11:45pm
WheresYour x3:
mmk. my goal in life is to meet them. here are my problems.
-gerard gets panic attacks around teens, [16, does that count?]
-my parents arnt gonna want to wait like forever just to see them for five minutes
-what if they dont even stay? what a waste right?
-i want to have a memory of all this but, i am suck a bloody chicken i cant work up the guts for an autoograph,, especially knowing that Gee hates teenines!

HELP!!

Look hun,
as long as you don't like, touch Gee he'll be fine. Like, don't get up all in his face and yell and scream and start to talk to him while he's tying to talk to other people.
Talk to your parents and try to tell them why it's worth it for you, maybe they'll understand like my parents do :]
it's never going to be a "waste" because mcr know you we're waiting for them, and just remember that.
Like I said for the first question, just don't do that. And don't say "Gerard, I want your babies" or anything like that to any of the guys.
hope I helped
maybe one day...
Joining The Black Parade
maybe one day...
February 22nd, 2007 at 12:49am
honestly as much as i want to meet them, i would be to scared cause know i would just embaress my self cause i would either cry histerically or act like a teenie and be like omg its gerard way and probably give him an anxiety attack... yea im very pathetic arent I?
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
February 22nd, 2007 at 02:05am
maybe one day...:
honestly as much as i want to meet them, i would be to scared cause know i would just embaress my self cause i would either cry histerically or act like a teenie and be like omg its gerard way and probably give him an anxiety attack... yea im very pathetic arent I?

you're not pathetic. there are literally thousands of girls out there like you. i wouldn't suggest crying though....i dont know why, i just find that too much. just understand that he's a regular guy, he's not a superhuman/superhero although he may seem like it. just be calm and ask him kindly for his autograph, i'm positive that's what he really prefers. be mature...you know? teenie behavior is frowned upon by all. i'm sure you could control yourself Thumb up
Wanja
In a Hail of Bullets
Wanja
February 22nd, 2007 at 04:08am
I'm gonna wait outside till they come out.. they ARE coming out sooner or later, and me and my friend don't have a place to live while we're in Sweden, so yeah...we're gonna walk around in the city all night, so why not wait outside till they come, aye??? Wink
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
February 22nd, 2007 at 10:34pm
xWanjaxLovesxMCRx:
I'm gonna wait outside till they come out.. they ARE coming out sooner or later, and me and my friend don't have a place to live while we're in Sweden, so yeah...we're gonna walk around in the city all night, so why not wait outside till they come, aye??? Wink

SWEDEN?? did you come all the way just to see MCR?? and i'm the same way, i always have to just walk around till morning to go home. very unsafe for me, especially since i'm small and alone and NYC is full of creeps.
Punkgirly24
Fabulous Killjoy
Punkgirly24
February 25th, 2007 at 07:54pm
toothy:
zombie eyes:
x-Not_Afraid-x:
Teenies ruin everything. Evil or Very Mad

No Joke Disgust They should have a tour, like, over the summer, a small venue tour for REAL fans. like, you have to prove you are not dumb to get in. a trustworthy fan tour! then we can meet them safely.
Sweet! Let's do this thing

I vote 'yes' to Operation "Anti-Teenie fan tour".

LMAO YES!!!! i vote yes too! most definitely
Punkgirly24
Fabulous Killjoy
Punkgirly24
February 25th, 2007 at 08:02pm
how many hours b4 the concert should i get there to try to met them cuz i have limited time cuz my mom and work and getting my friends to my house and eating dinner ect (goign to the concert is my bday present) and i prob won't be able to stay after bcuz it'll be late after it's over and it's a school night and my mom won't be happy but i would die to meet them
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
February 26th, 2007 at 07:39am
Ok I have a question about meeting them at airports. How on earth do people do that? Like how do you know when and where they will get off the plane? I am thinking that it would be my only chance to meet them at an airport that's all. They wouldn't bother doing like a signing here or anything

I probably shouldn't try and meet them anyway, I just know I will cry. Not hysterically but there would be tears plus I would be way to scared to go up to them and ask. I would probably just stand there looking shocked! Plus I don't just wanna shake their hand and get them to sign something, I wanna actually tell them what they mean to me...but i will never get the chance to do that and what would it matter anyway? They would get it all the time that it wouldn't mean anything

Edit: Sorry that was long and sounded really whiny... Sad