Don't have an account? Create one!

When should you arrive?

AuthorMessage
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
January 16th, 2007 at 07:08am
XxMaeganxX:
^ That's very true. I've had it happen to me tons of times at concerts, I even got stabbed in the arm with a pen once at a Bryan Adams concert U_U very painful. She got kicked in the shins and crowd surfed to the back of the mob after that. People can be pretty cool too if you show you're not a bitch and you need the help. MCR shows are good like that, where the fans with look out for eachother when it comes to serious stuff. I doubt i'd ever get stabbed with a pen at one of their shows. >_<

But like everyone else has said, get there in the morning and be sure to be prepared to bolt to the stage when the doors open because I swear to everything holy, all the waiting in the world wont help you if you can't run. lol

Oh great....Lol...Godspeed legs get me to that fucken stage haha
haleybrooke
Bleeding on the Floor
haleybrooke
January 17th, 2007 at 06:59pm
Yeah, don't ever be afraid to push people if they are pushing you. Don't scream though anytime somebody touches you, because that can be very obnoxious. Be prepared and know what you're in for. Also, if it's just you or maybe one other person and you REALLY like the band, you can try pushing your way to the front but don't be violent. Jut kinda sneak your way to the front. I've done at a Panic! at the Disco/Motion City Soundtrack/Fall Out Boy show and it worked out perfectly. It was just my friend and I and we somehow got from the very back of the floor to almost up to the barrier. I've also done it by myself during Taking Back Sunday's set so I would be close by the time My Chem came on.
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
January 17th, 2007 at 08:19pm
and of course they say Frank is the one most likely to mingle with fans...and HE'S NOT GONNA FUCKIGN BE AT THE SHOW I'M GOING TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
January 17th, 2007 at 10:41pm
^aww that sucks! I'm so sorry! Sad *hugs*
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
January 17th, 2007 at 10:44pm
Ok, so I'm going to the PA show on 2-25, I would like to meet them...how early should I get there and how late should I stay? I have a lot of patience when it comes to that. I hear it's a fairly small place so idk if that changes anything as far as time goes.
MCR_Owns_Alex
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_Owns_Alex
January 18th, 2007 at 06:03pm
Usually when it's ''general admission'' (no seats) i come 6 hours in advance (i did this when i went to see AFI cuz it's my fav all time band).

About meeting them, i have no idea, cuz no matter how small the place was or how long i've stayed after a show, i've never been able to meet a band... Cry
WeAreTheBlackParade
Joining The Black Parade
WeAreTheBlackParade
January 18th, 2007 at 06:18pm
thanks guys!
do you think Frank will be at a concert on MArch 2nd?
if he's not i'll cry!
i love every one of them dudes in the band and if they're not all there i'll die...

thanks again!
Ellie
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
January 18th, 2007 at 06:22pm
WeAreTheBlackParade:
thanks guys!
do you think Frank will be at a concert on MArch 2nd?
if he's not i'll cry!
i love every one of them dudes in the band and if they're not all there i'll die...

thanks again!
Ellie

yeah im pretty sure Frank will be at the march concerts.(he cant stay sick for ever or that long)
x--GiveEmHellKid--x
Fabulous Killjoy
x--GiveEmHellKid--x
January 20th, 2007 at 02:44am
Good Luck lmao...u need it by the sound of it
WeAreTheBlackParade
Joining The Black Parade
WeAreTheBlackParade
January 20th, 2007 at 10:45am
haha!
Thanks...i think i'm just nervous though...this will be one of the greatest days of my life!!! if i do get near to the front seats then will i be able to get out in time to meet the band?

-Ellie
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
January 20th, 2007 at 11:39am
yeah^ you shouldn't worry about that.
(unless the show you're going to is one of those things like BDO, where you had to get a ticket to see ythem afterwards for a signing?)
if it's just a regular show and you're thinking about waiting afterwards to try to get something signed then you may have a good hour or so until a member comes out. you'll have time enough to cool off, find any friends you were with and get a drink cause when i went to their show, people waited outside and it was at least, i'd say an hour to an hour and a half before gerard came out. and then the rest of the guys came out, spaced over the next two hours or so.
you should have plenty of time.
WeAreTheBlackParade
Joining The Black Parade
WeAreTheBlackParade
January 20th, 2007 at 12:33pm
thanks!
this is really a first time experience for me! i want to meet them so much! they are my life!

-Ellie

also...is it hard to stay in the front if you start there?
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
January 20th, 2007 at 01:54pm
^ np. uhhh, well, it depends how good you can hold onto a barrier. haha. as long as you prepare yourself for being crushed against it a bit, and you can stick up for yourself, you should be fine.
try not to get too scared if you do end up getting squashed against it. i know when i went to my first mcr show, i wasn't at the barrier, but i was almost having a panic attack cause i was so scared of getting pushed over and trampled on. remember that if you need to get out, there'll be venue crew there who can easily pull you up and out if you're getting hurt or you can't take it.
but my best advice is, hold on tight to the barrier, and don't let go unless you absolutely have to!
WeAreTheBlackParade
Joining The Black Parade
WeAreTheBlackParade
January 20th, 2007 at 02:50pm
yes ma'am!!!
i really don't think i'd like to get trampled....lol!
thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Ellie
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
January 20th, 2007 at 05:48pm
Yeah I'd say if you are at the barrier you have a better chance of staying out as you have something to cling onto rather than be a few rows from the front. That's why I aim to get front all the time now....almost all the gigs I went to last year I was front row and I've always kept my place.
PERCY
Motor Baby
PERCY
January 21st, 2007 at 02:53am
Punk_Bling_Girl_85:
GO Fly A Kite.:
You can always push through.
Being short/small would help a lot. =]

nooo there is nothing i hate more than the evil violent pusher-forward ppl! Im sorry but it annoys the hell out of me, its like i got here at 7am and now some little kid is beating me to death to take my place when they only got there five minutes before the show started!

Its totally not fair, but totally happens! So if your getting there early, and you manage to get on the barrier, you had better cling on for dear life, because it is hard even for the best clinger oners to stay there! hehe

I hate when people push past me.
I always arrive early anyway. But i get pushed around adn out of my place. =[

But it's because i'm short dammit. I've actually never tried crawling through people's legs...i don't think i want to try...
Immortal_Shadows
Jazz Hands
Immortal_Shadows
January 21st, 2007 at 07:25am
GO Fly A Kite.:
Punk_Bling_Girl_85:
GO Fly A Kite.:
You can always push through.
Being short/small would help a lot. =]

nooo there is nothing i hate more than the evil violent pusher-forward ppl! Im sorry but it annoys the hell out of me, its like i got here at 7am and now some little kid is beating me to death to take my place when they only got there five minutes before the show started!

Its totally not fair, but totally happens! So if your getting there early, and you manage to get on the barrier, you had better cling on for dear life, because it is hard even for the best clinger oners to stay there! hehe

I hate when people push past me.
I always arrive early anyway. But i get pushed around adn out of my place. =[

But it's because i'm short dammit. I've actually never tried crawling through people's legs...i don't think i want to try...

I know, i hate pushers too! When i saw my chem in bournemouth, we arrived at 1 oclock and we were reasonably near the front of the queue, but then at like 7 oclock people were just turning up and going in front of us! The BIC was so unorganised, we were allowed to wait inside the main reception area, so there wasnt even a queue, it was just a random crowd- very unfair! Its a really small venue and they don't normally have rock bands there, i bet they hadn;t even heard of my chem and didn't know how big the queues would be, they kept rearranging the queue and we had to keep leaving gaps so people can still get to the coffee shops and toilets, which was awful cos people who were turning up like five mins before we were let in the hall, were just filling in all the gaps!! It was very stressful! Shocked
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
January 21st, 2007 at 08:18am
^ that totally happened to me too when i went to their show in liverpool. (hey ^ i just replied to a post of yours in another topic too. xD). we were in a queue, but half an hour or so, before doors opened, people just started coming up and tyring to get infront of us, in the queue, which is very unfair when you've been waiting eight hours in the freezing cold, to see someone push in infront of you. and then this girl in the line, who'd been waiting got angry and made the security guards come out and make the people who were cutting in, go to the back.
mwahahah. revenge.
Immortal_Shadows
Jazz Hands
Immortal_Shadows
January 21st, 2007 at 01:11pm
^^We didn't even have secqurity gaurds for the queue! All we had was the people who worked at reception, and they couldnt control the crowds as they were young and small so no-one payed attention to them.

There was even another concert in the next hall, i cant remeber who it was, some old, cheesy singer from the seventies- i think he had about 5 people in the queue. I remember seeing some bewildered old ladies wondering around looking at all these teenagers dressed up like the black parade, and looking very frightened and confused. Shocked
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
January 21st, 2007 at 01:16pm
^I think it was David Essex lol!