Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
January 28th, 2007 at 01:38pm
I've got the day off after the shows too, gonna need time to recover now Wink
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
January 28th, 2007 at 10:17pm
i skipped school to go to their show in october when they released TBP. i was somehow at the front, but to the side, but right in front of ray although i waited only 3 hours, i could've been at the front of the line, but i went to see them in times square when they were on TRL, but when i got there, i had JUST missed them.

anyone have any advice on what to do when you really need to use the bathroom while waiting in line for like, 12 hours?? cus eventually you'd have to go and if i get there really early, i wouldn't wanna lose my place in line to use the bathroom??
BTW. i'm so thankful for imnotokay.net, it's really damn useful, it is. my gratitude goes out to all of you!
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
January 29th, 2007 at 06:18am
^^Get peole to save you place, I must have left the queue about 5 times lol. Everyone will be in the same postion and you'll be abke to get back to your spot Wink
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
January 29th, 2007 at 08:31am
^^ Definitely, make friends with all the kids sitting near/around you, you know you all have music in common so just strike up conversation and by the time you need to pee, you should all be best friends and have swapped myspace/msn/icq addies, and therefore will most likely accept you right back into your spot when you get back. Especially if you were there before them.

Otherwise, take a friend/relative even if they don't have tickets, and just take turns at looking after the spot, especially if you're there from early morning or whatever and need to go for missions to get food etc. That's what always sucks at shows for me, I get there super-early and end up passing out from starvation and exhaustion because I haven't eaten since 8am, and nobody was there to hold my spot/go find food to bring back for me.
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
January 29th, 2007 at 01:43pm
Out of all the gigs I've been to I have to say that MCR fans are one of the best. I'm usually really shy with new people but ended up chatting with loads of people in the queue. People I'd only just met happily saved my place and in turn I did too. You'll definitely going to need breaks from the queue to use the bathroom or get something to eat now.
feel the romance
Jazz Hands
feel the romance
February 3rd, 2007 at 04:21pm
do fans get angry if you attempt making your way to the front?
my friend nicole did at the last concert i went to [MCR ended up not showing, since Bob was in the hospital], but it wasnt' that big of a thing.
we were actually quite early.. it was a state'type fair thing, and we didnt wait in line until later on.. and we got [if you look at it as rows] about 5 rows away.. if we went in line as soon as we got there, we would have deffinitly been right in front.
but anyways, she some how managed to get to the front.
im seeing them in Philly in 22 days, and i know my dad is deffinitly not letting me wait in line really early. =/
will fans get mad if i make my way past them to the front?
[THANKS<3]
Alternative Amy
Bleeding on the Floor
Alternative Amy
February 3rd, 2007 at 04:33pm
WeAreTheBlackParade:
I am going to an MCR concert in March but I want to get front row seats. How early should I get there? I'll die if I don't get good seats!!! Cheese
post please!!! Mr. Green

-Ellie and Britney

get there at 8am, wait wait wait

ive done that and been front (sometimes front and center) to almost every show ive been to.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
February 3rd, 2007 at 04:44pm
ImNotOkayx5:
my friend nicole did at the last concert i went to [MCR ended up not showing, since Bob was in the hospital], but it wasnt' that big of a thing.
we were actually quite early.. it was a state'type fair thing, and we didnt wait in line until later on.. and we got [if you look at it as rows] about 5 rows away.. if we went in line as soon as we got there, we would have deffinitly been right in front.
im seeing them in Philly in 22 days, and i know my dad is deffinitly not letting me wait in line really early. =/
[THANKS<3]

it depends on the crowd, i think.
if you do it in a non-violent way, then people shouldn't mind too much. ie: no pinching, no shoving,...that kinda thing. it is seriously annoying when people try to push infront of you and hurt you in the process. if you've got the guts to push, then definitely go for it! xD. just try not to hurt anybody.
dancingqueen378
Killjoy
dancingqueen378
February 3rd, 2007 at 09:49pm
After reading this thread, I'm definitely taking the whole day off from work on 4/19! They're playing Tampa, FL that night at like, 6pm. I'll probably get up at my regular time(5:45 am) and leave so I get there at around 7am/7:30 am. How does that sound? Or is 7 too early? lol But either way I'll probably see them on the highway that night because I'll be living in Orlando and they're playing Universal Studios' Grad Bash on the 20th. How cool would it be to just be driving along the highway, look over to the next lane, and there's your favorite band's tour bus? I'd probably die Wow Cheese Hail Punk
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
February 3rd, 2007 at 10:53pm
If I get to a concert early enough, is there a possibility that I can see their tour bus coming in?

@_@ I fantasize about meeting them. I'd do anything. If anyone has any tips or advice, feel free to tell me.
feel the romance
Jazz Hands
feel the romance
February 3rd, 2007 at 11:15pm
Mrs.Halloween:
ImNotOkayx5:
[THANKS<3]

it depends on the crowd, i think.
if you do it in a non-violent way, then people shouldn't mind too much. ie: no pinching, no shoving,...that kinda thing. it is seriously annoying when people try to push infront of you and hurt you in the process. if you've got the guts to push, then definitely go for it! xD. just try not to hurt anybody.

oh i completely understand..
i mean, i would never try to hurt anyone.. it'd just be nice to get close! Mr. Green
thanks very much for the advice!!!!
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
February 4th, 2007 at 01:44am
dancingqueen378:
After reading this thread, I'm definitely taking the whole day off from work on 4/19! They're playing Tampa, FL that night at like, 6pm. I'll probably get up at my regular time(5:45 am) and leave so I get there at around 7am/7:30 am. How does that sound? Or is 7 too early? lol But either way I'll probably see them on the highway that night because I'll be living in Orlando and they're playing Universal Studios' Grad Bash on the 20th. How cool would it be to just be driving along the highway, look over to the next lane, and there's your favorite band's tour bus? I'd probably die Wow Cheese Hail Punk

lol! 7 is not TOO early. the thing is, there are fans that start lining up the day before the show, or around 3am the day of the show. but if you get there at 7, you'll most likely end up right at the front near or at the center! and umm, i wouldn't know if MCR is gonna actually be at the venue at such an early time, but best wishes!
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
February 4th, 2007 at 09:32am
Give Them Blood:
If I get to a concert early enough, is there a possibility that I can see their tour bus coming in?

@_@ I fantasize about meeting them. I'd do anything. If anyone has any tips or advice, feel free to tell me.

i'm not sure if you could. i don't know much about touring, but i have a feeling that after the band have finished at one show, i'd assume they'd be packed up and all in their bus in the early hours of the morning, maybe by 3 or 4am and that they would be driven to the next venue, while they sleep in their bus, and then they'd get up later to do soundcheck and all that jazz.
so, i'm thinking that they'd maybe arrive at a venue, in their bus, early in the morning, at about 5 or 6am, but it's just my guestimate.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
February 4th, 2007 at 09:51am
Mrs.Halloween:
Give Them Blood:

i'm not sure if you could. i don't know much about touring, but i have a feeling that after the band have finished at one show, i'd assume they'd be packed up and all in their bus in the early hours of the morning, maybe by 3 or 4am and that they would be driven to the next venue, while they sleep in their bus, and then they'd get up later to do soundcheck and all that jazz.
so, i'm thinking that they'd maybe arrive at a venue, in their bus, early in the morning, at about 5 or 6am, but it's just my guestimate.

Damn...oh well, worth a shot to ask. I would seriously get up at 4:00 AM to catch em coming in. I wouldn't like follow them but just to see the bus coming up Very Happy. How exciting..anyways, thanks.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
February 4th, 2007 at 10:18am
xD.
maybe you could catch them coming in their bus, but they might be sleeping. haha. but i suppose you could wait around outside the bus hoping that no security guy makes you leave. they have to come out some time =p.
amb0010
Killjoy
amb0010
February 7th, 2007 at 05:10pm
hahah show up maddd early
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
February 8th, 2007 at 08:00am
I will be as early as possible to reach the concert! x)
fuck_thats_good
Fabulous Killjoy
fuck_thats_good
February 9th, 2007 at 03:31am
well when i went 2 the BDO me and my friends got their really ealry and as soon as we got there we went 2 the stage where MCR were playing and waited 6hr 4 them 2 come on. We were way up the front of the barrier and there were heaps of other MCR fans waiting as well so we all just started chilling together it was heaps of fun even tho i had to stand in the hot Australian sun all day and listen 2 sum real crap bands b4 they came on it is well worth it, so get there early and have fun
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
February 9th, 2007 at 09:14pm
i'm gonna see my chem on april 26th.
and i'm begging my mom to get me and my bestie out of school at 1 or 1:30,so we can get there by 3. Cool

'cause we got to the panic! concert about 1 1/2 hours before teh doors opened,and there must have been 50-100 people in front of us
Galine41
Killjoy
Galine41
February 10th, 2007 at 07:14pm
im going two days before and sleeping in tents. after all if they're comming to israel in may. abot 50000 kids will show up . so yeah.