Don't have an account? Create one!

Free Comic Book Day (may 5th)

AuthorMessage
folkin' around.
Salute You in Your Grave
folkin' around.
May 6th, 2007 at 10:19am
O man. We couldn't go to the comic book store yeterday cause we were busy. I asked my mom like 3265454656 times though? Can anyone possibly scan it?
How many pages was it? Was it a full comic book?
dope-sic-gurl
Killjoy
dope-sic-gurl
May 6th, 2007 at 10:55am
There wasn't a comic book store close enough to me, with that fact I forgot about it... Crying or Very sad
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
May 6th, 2007 at 04:24pm
Bess is Yoda:
I'm PRAYING my friends in Ireland will be able to get me a copy and ship it over XD
Because I'm gutted that the nearest comic book store is like over an hours bus journey away and I can't go today Sad
I NEED THIS DAMN COMIC!!!!

I'm sorry we couldn't get you it
I went into Superdrug to meet Hannah and Nat again and threw a hissy fit
IT WAS THE LAST ONE AND I WASN'T ALLOWED IT BECAuSE I HAD ALREADY BEEN IN WITH HANNAH AND NAT

edit:
did anyone else not find the character blurbs HILARIOUS?
Stolen Baby On Board
Banned
Stolen Baby On Board
May 6th, 2007 at 04:35pm
I don't even know where a comic store is in my town! But I must get it!!!!!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
May 6th, 2007 at 04:38pm
This is what Lik said on LJ:

So today I went to get my copy of TUA, as most of us did, but they had run out Sad However, while I was doing my "OMG WTF NO COPIES LEFT?!?" face, the really nice (and obvious My Chem fan) store clerk guy said that all hope is not lost!

Dark Horse is going to release a "special edition" of sorts. It will feature all the issues, the preview that came out today, and about 30 pages of bonus/special stuff. And I think he said something about "cuts and interviews", but that part I'm not 100% on.

It will come out after all the issues are out, and will end up being cheaper than buying each edition seperately.

So yay :]
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
May 6th, 2007 at 04:58pm
they die by threes.:

So today I went to get my copy of TUA, as most of us did, but they had run out Sad However, while I was doing my "OMG WTF NO COPIES LEFT?!?" face, the really nice (and obvious My Chem fan) store clerk guy said that all hope is not lost!

Dark Horse is going to release a "special edition" of sorts. It will feature all the issues, the preview that came out today, and about 30 pages of bonus/special stuff. And I think he said something about "cuts and interviews", but that part I'm not 100% on.

It will come out after all the issues are out, and will end up being cheaper than buying each edition seperately.

HOLY BEEJEESUS YES! Clap
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
May 6th, 2007 at 05:07pm
naomiSHOCKHORROR:
I'm sorry we couldn't get you it
I went into Superdrug to meet Hannah and Nat again and threw a hissy fit
IT WAS THE LAST ONE AND I WASN'T ALLOWED IT BECAuSE I HAD ALREADY BEEN IN WITH HANNAH AND NAT

edit:
did anyone else not find the character blurbs HILARIOUS?

It's okay, it's not your fault! I'm just appreciative you tried =] evil woman not letting you have the last copy...
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
May 6th, 2007 at 05:25pm
[spam-sorry] Bess, do you want me to scan it for you?
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
Bleeding on the Floor
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
May 6th, 2007 at 06:56pm
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! *runs around room* i want it!!!! Sad yesterday i totaly forgot about it because i was at the bamboozle(it was awesome though) aaww man!! i should have told someone to go pick it up for me Sad *kicks self in head* o.0

scans anyone??
victoriaelaine.
Motor Baby
victoriaelaine.
May 6th, 2007 at 08:28pm
so, my friends and i got to the comic book store at 12..
and it was alll gone :[
Sunny
Killjoy
Sunny
May 6th, 2007 at 09:40pm
i had to ask the guy at the desk for a copy
its REALLY good
gerard is so talented
audeo
Fabulous Killjoy
audeo
May 7th, 2007 at 01:23am
Alright, so I'm probably going to hell. I got 4 copies.

I got about 14 comics altogether, 4 copies of TUA. I'm actually going to call the stores tomorrow and see if they have any leftovers. Chicago is a big comic book city so you never know, there's tons of stores.

Bess, Lik: if you don't have one, I'll send you guys a copy. Just let me know.
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
May 7th, 2007 at 04:01am
they die by threes.:

Could you put that in simpler terms please? Cause I'm a bit slow today and I don't really understand what that means. Please?
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 7th, 2007 at 04:37am

Can somebody maybe scan some pages for other unfortunate people to see please? Wow
TheMysteriousThug
Joining The Black Parade
TheMysteriousThug
May 7th, 2007 at 04:56am
I completely forgot. I'm sad...
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
May 7th, 2007 at 04:58am
audeo:
Alright, so I'm probably going to hell. I got 4 copies.

I got about 14 comics altogether, 4 copies of TUA. I'm actually going to call the stores tomorrow and see if they have any leftovers. Chicago is a big comic book city so you never know, there's tons of stores.

Bess, Lik: if you don't have one, I'll send you guys a copy. Just let me know.

I replied to your PM about you sending me a copy - I'd really appreciate it, thank you!
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
May 7th, 2007 at 09:12am
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx:
Gold-Plated Dirt.:
Did anyone in Britain get it?

i got it from forbidden planet in london =D

i got it from the one in ipswich (in the county suffolk in england) =D
imXscreamingXinside
Killjoy
imXscreamingXinside
May 7th, 2007 at 09:21am
i was going to get it from a shop in leeds and they were going to be there because there are signs up! but i was sick all weekend so i couldn't go! its probably the worst time to get ill!Sad
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 7th, 2007 at 09:42am
ChemicalsAndRomance:
i walked into the comic shop and the guy there saw my MCR top and was just like "Umbrella Academy?" and i said yes and he was like "uh we've run out" i was devastated! i had to go out of the shop or i thought i was gona start crying! but my mum kinda snagged me a copy coz she was like oh thats ok we've just come in from geelong [almost an hour out of the city where the comic shop is] so the guy was like well since you've travelled so far and they had some kept under the counter for emergencies, so yeah i got one copy but then felt bad for the day coz i was there with my friend but we only got ONE copy =( i cant wait for more though, even though we won't get anything for at least another 3 months [well thats what the dude at the comic shop said]
and to 'airwave parade' the first shop i went to only let you have one comic to :[ its stupid.
i'll be ready next year though! well i hope i will be

thanks to mum!! (my mum will never do that for me ahah)
you deserve copy...i know how far geelong is from melbourne!
i think the comic thing isn't very big in australia that's why they didn't have much stock for FCBD. I'm grateful we even have it.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
May 7th, 2007 at 10:32am
http://www.redhotcomics.demon.co.uk/

They still have a couple available, for like £2.75 each (inc. P+P), they are good for the whole of Europe. I just ordered one. =)