Don't have an account? Create one!

My Way Home Is Through You

AuthorMessage
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 02:04pm
ironic.:
The beginning makes it sound a bit like Teenagers, with the whole "Parents are trying to control" theme to me.

The chorus kinda sounds like She has left Him, and he feels that he needs to have Her in His life and he can't live without Her.

The bit about "7 different shades of shit" could be like a disregard to authority or everything bright and happy, because He's so sad about this breakup.

The next verse is kinda like all the fans being all "I'm your biggest fan" and stuff, where MCR could be getting stressed with all the touring or something.

The next, very aggressive bit, I think is saying "I don't give a fuck anymore" or "Music should be about how you feel, not about political shit."

"Can't find the way" could be that He can't get back together with Her, and "C'mon angel don't you cry" could be that He finds out that She's really upset about the breakup too, and She wants to get back together with Him and She doesn't realise that He feels the same way, or it could be MCR talking to the fans.

That probably made no sense whatsoever, but ah well.

i agree
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
May 15th, 2007 at 08:51pm
To me it sounds like a boy/man w/e has lost everything he's held on to and can't find his way to a place he can call home,so he's wanting to get back in a ex-girlfriend's arms so she can comfort him and bring him to a place he can call home.
xx_nevermore_xx
Killjoy
xx_nevermore_xx
May 16th, 2007 at 06:22am
I was going with the fan idea for a little bit but then I reread the lyrics and came up with one line that's bothering me.
"We're not here to pay a compliment,
Or sing about the government,
Oxycontin genocide,
Adolescent suicide, (This line here!)
I'll give you my sincerity,
Don't give a fuck about a Kennedy,
Here's what I've got to say."
Chereena
Always Born a Crime
Chereena
May 17th, 2007 at 01:35am
xx_nevermore_xx:
I was going with the fan idea for a little bit but then I reread the lyrics and came up with one line that's bothering me.
"We're not here to pay a compliment,
Oxycontin genocide,
Adolescent suicide, (This line here!)
Don't give a fuck about a Kennedy,
Here's what I've got to say."
what's the part that bothers you?
they mention the stuff they're not here to sing about.
they don't wanna sing about teenagers killing themselves. simple. i guess they'd rather their fans be alive.
and if they sing about kids killing themselves, some may misinterpret it as them saying it's ok to do it.

so as far as i'm concerned, this song is for the fans and loved ones.
DEAD Man Walking
Killjoy
DEAD Man Walking
May 17th, 2007 at 02:13am
I definitely don't think it's from a fan's point of view. It makes no sense that they would go ahead and make a big concept album through the eyes of The Patient and then completely switch their point of view. I think it's supposed to be coming from him. However, The Patient doesn't sing so it confuses me in the part where it says what they're not singing about so I wondered if that was supposed to be the Black Parade saying something.
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:28pm
Not sure i think its about feeling lost and want somebody
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
May 21st, 2007 at 12:26am
i think this song is about how growing up can be diffecult, and how some people look up to celebrites as away to guide them when theyre life is becoming unbearable and how they begin to be disenchanted by the celeb. because the celeb doesnt know, care, think about your exsistance and you can call yourself their number uno friend.
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
May 23rd, 2007 at 05:53am
oh gosh, definatly a song to discuss... I basiclly aggree with everyone about how it could be from a fans point of view. He talks about how one of his fans are towards him and how happy this is making him, to no how he has changed this persons life. But i have this gut feeling that its more about how he fell in love with this fan and wants to see her again.

Seriously reply to me cause i need to no if im totally on the wrong track or weather i can understand mcrs amazing songs cya..sass
Robert Way
Killjoy
Robert Way
May 28th, 2007 at 06:52am
about the chorus, does gerard say just to get back in her arms, or in your arms?
MyChEmXRoMaNcE94
Killjoy
MyChEmXRoMaNcE94
May 29th, 2007 at 03:39pm
maybe its another part from the concept of three cheers for sweet revenge.

Can't find my way home ( as in the girl is his home)but its throught and i know what i'd just to get back in her arms(what he says to the 1,000 evil men he kills)

it's not very strong but it was just a thought
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerards_Dirtty_Babe
June 1st, 2007 at 07:30am
good ideas but mine is still wats on my mind! hehe Very Happy
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
June 1st, 2007 at 07:37am
Robert Way:
about the chorus, does gerard say just to get back in her arms, or in your arms?

'Back in her arms'
Lux Aeterna
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lux Aeterna
June 3rd, 2007 at 10:36am
BEST SONG EVER!! <3

i like the idea about it being from a fan point of view but....why is it "get back in her arms?

until now i thought it sounded like someone getting back with his ex but the whole adolescent suicide etc confuddled me...
deathwish
Fabulous Killjoy
deathwish
June 4th, 2007 at 08:55pm
This is probably one of my favorite songs. I love it.
I think it can mean different things to anyone
but i like the idea of the fan point of view too.
mcrxrocksxon
Killjoy
mcrxrocksxon
June 4th, 2007 at 09:14pm
I think it's about how all of the confusion and all the politics and goverment and celebrity mahem is taking over the USA.
We're not here to pay a compliment,
Oxycontin genocide,
Adolescent suicide,
{Don't give} a fuck about a Kennedy,
Here's what I've got to say.

..Explains my opinion
This is also my favorite song at the moment
firephoenix0013
Killjoy
firephoenix0013
June 18th, 2007 at 01:35pm
Gonna take off all my skin - MCR is saying they expose themselves in their songs
Tear apart all my insides - It's painful to do this sometimes, and they dig deep to find stuff.
When they rifle in
Mom and dad think you'll be saved

They never had the time - Parents didn't have time to understand/know the kids
They're gonna medicate your lives - It can mean one of two things - 1) what it obviously says, or 2) that "medicate" could mean "dull" as in not letting the kids express themselves or be themselves
You were always born a crime - The parents think their kids are out of control and bad
We salute you in your grave - The "grave" is a "prison" which is the kids' life. MCR is saluting kids in tough situation for living it out instead of killing themselves

Can't find my way home - This is the fans talking. Their home where they live isn't really "home"
But it's through you and I know what I'd do - Their way "home" is through MCR.
Just to get back in your arms - Fans feel safe with MCR. Also fans feel that "home" is the rest of MCR's fans

Well my gun
Fires seven different shades of s**t
So what's your favorite color punk? - The shades of s**t are moods or feelings. They (fans or MCR) are asking what kind of mood/feeling do you want me to be in?

Do you wanna hold my hand? - Fans are asking this to MCR. (Most fans want to touch/hug their idol.)
Would you sign this photograph
'Cause I'm your biggest fan - Some fans claim to be the "biggest" or the "first" MCR fan
Would you leave me lying here? - MCR is asking these "biggest" fans, will you still be here when we're down or not big anymore?

Were not here to pay a compliment - MCR is saying they aren't trying to discreet or pretty about their problems. They're going to give us the dirty truth spoken or in song
Or sing about the government - Spoken or in song they have never bashed or supported the government.
Oxycontin genecide
Adolecent suicide - Oxycontin is a kind of perscription painkiller. They are kind of going *hint hint*, the world is numb to genecide and adolecent suicide.
I'll give you my sincerity - They are sincere in what they say and sing
(Don't give) a f**k about a Kennedy - I think they might be refering to Jacquline Kennedy. She was very beautiful, and kind of a standard at that time. MCR is saying that they don't give a f**k about if someone is beautiful or thin.
Here's what I've got to say - listen up

C'mon angel don't you cry - MCR's response to the fans.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 23rd, 2007 at 12:09am
if you watch the news segment where they talk about emo and say oh it's all mcr's fault cause they're so emo. well after i watched i was crying and i listened to this song and it meant so much more to me, it was saying, in away. so what if other kids commit suicide not all kids who are lost do that shit.
ashleyy toro.
Banned
ashleyy toro.
June 23rd, 2007 at 02:12am
Everyone thinks its from the fans point of view...but i got the impression that it was from Gee's
beacuse.
Do you wanna hold my hand? <--they all want to touch him
Could you sign this photograph? <----want him to sign stuff
'Cause I'm your biggest fan <---EVERYONE claims to be his "biggest fan"
Would you leave me lying here? <----that hes worn out and kind of wants them to just stop. and to leave him alone. that he's not the greatest thing in the world. to me sounds like he's sick of fame.

im not sure. thats just what i though of it as...
mcrxrocksxon
Killjoy
mcrxrocksxon
June 24th, 2007 at 09:51pm
Robert Way:

MY ARMS!MWAHAHA!
Hehehahasnort.I have no clue.
mcrxrocksxon
Killjoy
mcrxrocksxon
June 24th, 2007 at 09:52pm
GasolineRainbow:
Robert Way:

'Back in her arms'

Actually,he says it "Yer arms".It's a simple mistake Ha Ha