June 25th, 2007 at 12:47am
^ it's kinda blurred so you don't know for sure what it is
killyourfriends1
Killjoy
killyourfriends1
July 6th, 2007 at 10:51pm
XxEzzZzZxX:
BEST SONG EVER!! <3

i like the idea about it being from a fan point of view but....why is it "get back in her arms?

until now i thought it sounded like someone getting back with his ex but the whole adolescent suicide etc confuddled me...

its not get back in her arms its your arms, look on "Lyrics"
killyourfriends1
Killjoy
killyourfriends1
July 6th, 2007 at 10:53pm
firephoenix0013:
Gonna take off all my skin - MCR is saying they expose themselves in their songs
Tear apart all my insides - It's painful to do this sometimes, and they dig deep to find stuff.
When they rifle in
Mom and dad think you'll be saved

They never had the time - Parents didn't have time to understand/know the kids
They're gonna medicate your lives - It can mean one of two things - 1) what it obviously says, or 2) that "medicate" could mean "dull" as in not letting the kids express themselves or be themselves
You were always born a crime - The parents think their kids are out of control and bad
We salute you in your grave - The "grave" is a "prison" which is the kids' life. MCR is saluting kids in tough situation for living it out instead of killing themselves

Can't find my way home - This is the fans talking. Their home where they live isn't really "home"
But it's through you and I know what I'd do - Their way "home" is through MCR.
Just to get back in your arms - Fans feel safe with MCR. Also fans feel that "home" is the rest of MCR's fans

Well my gun
Fires seven different shades of s**t
So what's your favorite color punk? - The shades of s**t are moods or feelings. They (fans or MCR) are asking what kind of mood/feeling do you want me to be in?

Do you wanna hold my hand? - Fans are asking this to MCR. (Most fans want to touch/hug their idol.)
Would you sign this photograph
'Cause I'm your biggest fan - Some fans claim to be the "biggest" or the "first" MCR fan
Would you leave me lying here? - MCR is asking these "biggest" fans, will you still be here when we're down or not big anymore?

Were not here to pay a compliment - MCR is saying they aren't trying to discreet or pretty about their problems. They're going to give us the dirty truth spoken or in song
Or sing about the government - Spoken or in song they have never bashed or supported the government.
Oxycontin genecide
Adolecent suicide - Oxycontin is a kind of perscription painkiller. They are kind of going *hint hint*, the world is numb to genecide and adolecent suicide.
I'll give you my sincerity - They are sincere in what they say and sing
(Don't give) a f**k about a Kennedy - I think they might be refering to Jacquline Kennedy. She was very beautiful, and kind of a standard at that time. MCR is saying that they don't give a f**k about if someone is beautiful or thin.
Here's what I've got to say - listen up

C'mon angel don't you cry - MCR's response to the fans.

that makes a lot of sense, and it kinda makes the song a lot more sad, in a way...
I Loves Frank Iero
Killjoy
I Loves Frank Iero
July 30th, 2007 at 07:58am
Runaway love.:

It seems to me like it's from a fan's point of view. Example;

Can't find my way home
But it's through you and I know
--- As in, "Mcr saved my life"
What I'll do
Just to get back in your arms
--- Fans feel better and safer when they're with Mcr

Do you wanna hold my hand?
Could you sign this photograph?
'Cause I'm your biggest fan
Would you leave me lying here?
--- The fans don't want to leave Mcr and maybe are relying to much on Mcr

C'mon, Angel, Don't you cry --- Mcr's response to the fans

That's what I think but I could be totally wrong.

I totally agree, but I also feel that the "do you want to hold my hand..." Stanza is them mimicking fans . In a way relieving stress about having to sit for hours and listen to every person that comes up say the same thing . They said they love their fans, but be empathetic . I know I'd get pretty pissed off after doing that for a few years . And obvs the stanza "We're not here to pay a compliment..." I think is (kind of) trashing bands they're compared to, or put in the same genre is . And the "Can't find my way home..." stanza is maybe about someone that ground them ? Keeps them from getting a big head, which isn't hard when you have a few thousand people tell you every night that they're your biggest fan . I still love them =) lol .
Keysie
Killjoy
Keysie
July 31st, 2007 at 06:24pm
HEY I ALWAYS THINK THAT THIS SONG IS ABOUT THE FANS

"Mom and Dad think you'll be saved,
They never had the time,
They gonna medicate your lives,
You were always born a crime,
We salute you in your grave."

GERARD IS TALKING ABOUT A KID THAT WANT HIS OR HER Parents TO PAY ATTENTION TO HER OR HIS PROBLEMS....BUT THEY SPEND MORE TIME IN THEIR WORKS "They never had the time"
and the parents think that a mental doctor would help him or her,
"They gonna medicate your lives"
cuz their parent think that is angry or something else "You were always born a crime,"
And that kid only want to let go all the pain and find something that could help him or her
then they find MCR

"Can't find my way home"(OR CAN I FIND A WAY TO BE SAVE)

But it's through you and I know --- As in, "Mcr saved my life"(BUT IS THROUGH MCR THAT I KNOW)

What I'll do
Just to get back in your arms --- Fans feel better and safer when they're with Mcr

THEN IS WHEN YOU HERD PEOPLE SAYING "MCR SAVE MY LIFE"( just like me)

Would you leave me lying here? --- The fans don't want to leave Mcr and maybe are relying to much on Mcr

C'mon, Angel, Don't you cry - THAT IS MAYBE MCR answer

WELL THAT IS WHAT I THINK WHEN I HERD THE SONG
makeasaintofme-
Killjoy
makeasaintofme-
August 2nd, 2007 at 09:28pm
i think its meant to confuse. this song, i think it has like, three meanings or two but all put in the same song.

i could be totally wrong, its just what i think
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 5th, 2007 at 01:14am
I think it's about someone loving another person and they can't find their way home and they think it's through the person that they love....pfftt..i know thats wrong, but that's what I though of..
S-I-N I S-I-N
Fabulous Killjoy
S-I-N I S-I-N
August 5th, 2007 at 10:44pm
I always thought it was about one of the band members girlfriends/wifes
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:49am
A guy lost,far from home and he misses his lover?
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
August 12th, 2007 at 10:04pm
This song is very interesting becuase the lyrics are political

Oxycoden genocide
Adolescent Suicide
Ill give you my sincerity
Don't fuck about a kennedy

But then very romantic in the sense of
My way hoem is through
And i know to get back in her arms"

This is one of those songs I'd like to really hear what MCR has to say about it.
x-die_romantic-x
Killjoy
x-die_romantic-x
August 13th, 2007 at 01:33pm
what album is this song on??
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 13th, 2007 at 07:28pm
It's on one of the singles.
not sure which one.
I think it''s the famous last words single.
themillenia
Joining The Black Parade
themillenia
August 14th, 2007 at 06:04am
"(Don't give) a f**k about a Kennedy - I think they might be refering to Jacquline Kennedy."

Oh good. I thought he was talking about President Kennedy. What a relief.
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
August 15th, 2007 at 07:23am
Ok. This song simply made me think about three things...
1.) It's about the fans
"Do you wanna hold my hand? Could you sign this photograph?"

2.) It's also like about a person being unwanted or something
"You were always born a crime..."

3.) And, a simple theory about politics
"[Don't give] a ---- about Kennedy"
CandyCoatedKerosene
Killjoy
CandyCoatedKerosene
August 19th, 2007 at 08:40pm
I think this is like, from the band to the fans. What the band does, versus what the fans do..

"Gonna take off all my skin,
Tear apart all of my insides,
When they rifle in, (I think these first three lines are like, they expose all they are when they play, and they share all of their secrets with their fans.)
Mom and Dad think you'll be saved,
They never had the time,
They're gonna medicate your lives, [b](Some kids feel like their parents don't pay too much attention, and they just give their kids a quick fix to their pain to make them feel okay)[b]
You were always born a crime,
We salute you in your grave. [b](Maybe the fan felt like a mistake or they've made mistakes, or like tragedy has ran it's life, and they're digging their own grave sometimes.)[b]

Can't find my way home,
But it's through you and I know, (I really think this is like, fans being saved by the music, and knowing that there really is someone going through what they are, and they feel safe.)
What I'd do just to get back in her arms, (...I'm not too sure. maybe a lost love?)
Can't find my way home,
But it's through you and I know,
What I'd do just to get back in her arms.

[Spoken in background]
(Well my gun fires
seven different shades of shit,
So what's your favorite color, punk?) (This always reminds me of the seven deadly sins, [sloth, gluttony, lust, greed, wrath, envy, pride] and maybe it's like, he's singing of the seven deadly sins, and the fans chose the one they're experiencing, and listen)

Do you wanna hold my hand?
Could you sign this photograph,
'Cause I'm your biggest fan,
Would you leave me lying here? (Obviously, a fan. Asking for an autograph, but also wondering what will happen next with the music? Will they continue to save them?)

We're not here to pay a compliment,
Or sing about the government,
Oxycontin genocide,
Adolescent suicide,
I'll give you my sincerity,
{Don't give} a fuck about a Kennedy,
Here's what I've got to say. (I definitely think this is some kind of 'fuck you' to society and a lot of today's music. They all expect rock bands to sing about people killing themselves, or how much they hate the government. But MCR is raw, they say what they feel and don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks.)

Can't find my way home,
What I'd do just to get back in her arms,
Can't find my way home,
What I'd do just to get back in her arms.

No way home why (Maybe the fan has lost their path?)
[x4]
[in background]
We've got to go
[x7]

Can't find my way home,
What I'd do just to get back in her arms,
Can't find my way home,
What I'd do just to get back, well, in her arms.

I can't find the way
[x6]

Come on angel, don't you cry (like a, 'dont cry when we're gone' thing or maybe a 'don't cry, because we know.)
[x4]",

Thats what I think at least. :]
xVengeance
Motor Baby
xVengeance
August 20th, 2007 at 06:03am
killyourfriends1:

that makes a lot of sense, and it kinda makes the song a lot more sad, in a way...

I agree
MyGeekyRomance
Killjoy
MyGeekyRomance
August 23rd, 2007 at 12:18am
OKAY I JUST SAT FOR ABOUT HALF AN HOUR READING THE LYRICS FOR THIS SONG OVER AND OVER TO FIND OUT THE MEANING, SO HERE IS WHAT I CAM UP WITH!

i think this is about the loss of a loved one or the loss of someone very important or like when your partner chaets on you

'Gonna take off all my skin,
Tear apart all of my insides,
When they rifle in', - they feel like killing themselves or self harming because they are so depressed about it

'Mom and Dad think you'll be saved,
They never had the time,
They're gonna medicate your lives', - they dont tell anyone or no one really notices what they are going through but there self esteem is really low and they dont think anyone would want to notice anyway

'You were always born a crime,
We salute you in your grave'. - just kinda going on abut the low self esteemness and thinking that you were and accident being born

'Can't find my way home', - im lost without you
'But it's through you and I know,
What I'd do just to get back in her arms', - i can almost imagine how good life would be if you were here

'Do you wanna hold my hand?
Could you sign this photograph,
'Cause I'm your biggest fan,
Would you leave me lying here?' - i think this bit is kinda about how gerard feels that when something serious comes up then he cant focous becaruse he has all these fans around him who want to be with him.

'We're not here to pay a compliment,
Or sing about the government,' - thjis is gerard telling his fans that he isnt really in the mood for having alot of fun and that he just wants to be left alone.

'Oxycontin genocide,
Adolescent suicide,' - the peoson is andry at someone so if they can kill the person they will have to kill them selves

'I'll give you my sincerity,
Don't give a fuck about a Kennedy,
Here's what I've got to say.' - the person is willing to do so much to get this loved one back but no one is listnng to them

'Come on angel, don't you cry' - they have killed themselves and they are regreting it

i hope this makes sence...it is rather confusing

love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ( K )
mychemicaldeath
Fabulous Killjoy
mychemicaldeath
August 28th, 2007 at 08:24am
firephoenix0013:
Gonna take off all my skin - MCR is saying they expose themselves in their songs
Tear apart all my insides - It's painful to do this sometimes, and they dig deep to find stuff.
When they rifle in

They're gonna medicate your lives - It can mean one of two things - 1) what it obviously says, or 2) that "medicate" could mean "dull" as in not letting the kids express themselves or be themselves
You were always born a crime - The parents think their kids are out of control and bad
We salute you in your grave - The "grave" is a "prison" which is the kids' life. MCR is saluting kids in tough situation for living it out instead of killing themselves

Can't find my way home - This is the fans talking. Their home where they live isn't really "home"
Just to get back in your arms - Fans feel safe with MCR. Also fans feel that "home" is the rest of MCR's fans

Well my gun
So what's your favorite color punk? - The shades of s**t are moods or feelings. They (fans or MCR) are asking what kind of mood/feeling do you want me to be in?

Do you wanna hold my hand? - Fans are asking this to MCR. (Most fans want to touch/hug their idol.)
'Cause I'm your biggest fan - Some fans claim to be the "biggest" or the "first" MCR fan
Would you leave me lying here? - MCR is asking these "biggest" fans, will you still be here when we're down or not big anymore?

Were not here to pay a compliment - MCR is saying they aren't trying to discreet or pretty about their problems. They're going to give us the dirty truth spoken or in song
Or sing about the government - Spoken or in song they have never bashed or supported the government.
Oxycontin genecide
Adolecent suicide - Oxycontin is a kind of perscription painkiller. They are kind of going *hint hint*, the world is numb to genecide and adolecent suicide.
(Don't give) a f**k about a Kennedy - I think they might be refering to Jacquline Kennedy. She was very beautiful, and kind of a standard at that time. MCR is saying that they don't give a f**k about if someone is beautiful or thin.

this is one of the best meanings to this song that i have read.
I really agree with you that this might be what they are saying in the song. To me what you wrote really reflects what the song is about.
Burning Friend
Banned
Burning Friend
September 8th, 2007 at 07:13am
"Do you wanna hold my hand?
Could you sign this photograph, cause I'm your biggest fan
Would you leave my lying here?"

I think it's about kids who are a bit too dependent on MCR.

"Mom and dad think you'll be saved,
they never had the time, the're gonna medicate your lives,
you were always born a crime, we salute you in your grave."

Sounds like parents who's kids were depressed or on drugs, and they never payed attention to them, and the kid ends up dead.
Dead and Gone
Killjoy
Dead and Gone
September 9th, 2007 at 12:05pm
firephoenix0013:
When they rifle in

Well my gun

Oxycontin genecide

I agree... This song is actually sad...But it's like...giving hope.