Thinking Happy Thoughts
bobrox
October 5th, 2007 at 05:57am
does anybody know what he yells right before the 1st choros
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 11th, 2007 at 04:49am
okay i don't quite agree with the thereoy its about fans anymore here's my therey and it makes me feel better with more hope

Gonna take off all my skin, - the person is sick of pretanding to be okay and normal.
Tear apart all of my insides - he wants to die
When they rifle in, - ok,this reminds me of like a swat raidwithguns, to me it means, like everytime you try to end you something always stands in the way of it, in this case most likely his parents walking in on him
Mom and Dad think you'll be saved - don't get to worried and knows that he'll be okay,like it's not an option to be depressed
They never had the time - they didn't have the timebefore to really help him, why would they now?
They're gonna medicate your lives - okay either A) just put him on anti-depressants and send him off to a therpist, or B) blame it on the things he does and control is life completely
You were always born a crime - the way he is isn't good enough, he has to fit an image
We salute you in your grave - if he does actually kill himself, it would be like "oh well i guess he tried" or he has alot of shit going on and it's amazing he's moving on.

Can't find my way home - him asking, "where do i go?"
But it's through you and I know
What I'll do
Just to get back in your arms - he knows that as long as he has that he has that one person there for him he'll be okay.

(Oh my God!
Vile, seven different shades of shit
So what's your favorite color, punk?) - there's so many emotions he's confused so in a way it's like he's talking to himself and saying, " ok well how do i actually feel?"

Do you wanna hold my hand? - he's talking to like the popular girl at school, that's like really pretty, and he likes but is to afriad toask her out sohe's thinking about what id would be like if they did go out.
Could you sign this photograph? - it's like saying, "can you make my fantasy real?"
'Cause I'm your biggest fan - he's saying, " i love you the most"
Would you leave me lying here? - it's like ritorical, he knows she woul just say know and blow off his dreams so he won't ask her.

We're not here to pay a compliment - he's going through life day-by-day and is kinda like a robot
And sing about the government - he doesn't care about the goverment really
Oxycontin genocide - he thinks we're all doomed
Adolescent suicide - back to suicidal ideation
Give him my sincerity - putting back on an act
Don't give a fuck about a Kennedy - why should he care about what goes on?
Heres what I got to say: - he want's to say what he's feeling

C'mon, Angel, Don't you cry - he's talking to himself, when he's really depressed

just a theroy
xXBlackRevengexX
Killjoy
xXBlackRevengexX
October 12th, 2007 at 12:44am
OMG that meaning of this song... well, i think is ,eans that A erson is lost and the only thing that is pushing that person in is the thought of that person in his or her lovers arms... yeah that's what i think
My_Little_Skittle
Killjoy
My_Little_Skittle
November 23rd, 2007 at 12:03am
Well, i expect someone has already said this.. and I know Im a bit slow on the update but HEY...
I think its for everyone and anyone who ever felt lost.
Or alone.
Or generally just like shit.
I think its meant to remember someone special.
And tell people they are not alone.
And they don't have to feel alone either.
=]] xxx So Long
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
November 23rd, 2007 at 01:04am
firephoenix0013:
Gonna take off all my skin - MCR is saying they expose themselves in their songs......

.....Can't find my way home - This is the fans talking. Their home where they live isn't really "home"
But it's through you and I know what I'd do - Their way "home" is through MCR.
Just to get back in your arms - Fans feel safe with MCR. Also fans feel that "home" is the rest of MCR's fans

Were not here to pay a compliment - MCR is saying they aren't trying to discreet or pretty about their problems. They're going to give us the dirty truth spoken or in song
Or sing about the government - Spoken or in song they have never bashed or supported the government.
Oxycontin genecide
Adolecent suicide - Oxycontin is a kind of perscription painkiller. They are kind of going *hint hint*, the world is numb to genecide and adolecent suicide.
I'll give you my sincerity - They are sincere in what they say and sing
Here's what I've got to say - listen up

C'mon angel don't you cry - MCR's response to the fans.

What I THINK about this song... (Always need to say that it's my opinion because so many people on these song meaning boards state their opinion as fact and it annoys me quite a bit.)

I agree with most of the above quote, it makes more sense that some other posts. I would like to add that...

"Do you wanna hold my hand?
Could you sign this photograph,
'Cause I'm your biggest fan,
Would you leave me lying here?

We're not here to pay a compliment,
Or sing about the government,
Oxycontin genocide,
Adolescent suicide,
I'll give you my sincerity,
{Don't give} a fuck about a Kennedy,
Here's what I've got to say."

I THINK ...These lyrics suggest to me that they are about MCR's attitude and response to the blind devotion and obsession from some fans. And the line "Would you leave me lying here?" is from a fan. Because I know people who are in such a bad place as fans, they think the band can save them, and that they know them personally, like superheros. But they are just people.
I think it goes along with the whole "If you put them on a pedestal or make them hero's than it's more obvious when they fall." However thats a link, not a song meaning. The second part is them saying "This is what we're about..."

Although i'm sure that somewhere it will fit into the concept of the album, although if it doesn't maybe that's why it was a 'B Side'? I am open to the idea that the inspiration of a record can be personal, and yet you can still write it into a concept that is away from your life.

Again this is just a guess, until the band explains their reason for the song I am open to change. Smile

xxx
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
November 24th, 2007 at 08:05am
I get the feeling that this song is tied into the concept of the Patient and his story. It seems like it could be sort of a sequel to "How I Disappear" that comes later in the story... He wants her very much.

But that's just me.
plushiedog1
Killjoy
plushiedog1
November 25th, 2007 at 05:04am
I love this song so much ^^

But anyways, it sounds as if the patient is asking to be forgiven for what he has done. He is begging for forgiveness, and is asking to not to go to Hell.
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
November 25th, 2007 at 10:21pm
I always thought of it as a fan's view. 'Can't find my way home, but it's through you..' they think the band solves their problems. The band is their life.
But, it could even be about a singer. 'Gonna take off all my skin' he bares his soul to people.
Another way I see it, and this one is sorta strange, it's about a person with a drug or alchocol addiction. He may be recovering, because 'just to get back in your arms,' means it's he wants to have the addiction.
Can't find my way home, but it's through you and I know what I'd do just to get back in your arms..
He may be depressed, and use the drugs/alchol for his depression. He'd do anything to feel better.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
December 8th, 2007 at 01:42pm
I haven't heard this song and I haven't known that sing song existed until recently, but by the lyrics, it seems that it's about a person who's having a hard time at home, and the parents are putting that person on drugs. The person feels like his or her only salvation is MCR. SO the fan goes, meets them for a brief second, gets autographs, but then realizes what he/she dreads: he/she has to part from the band, because he/she is only a fan.

Then the fan parts, from the band, and later on thinks of all the bad things and evils in the world. The fan may possibly be thinkng about suicide, but his/her interest in MCR is keeping him/her back, and the only thing that may possibly get him out of this mess is MCR's music.

(and the fan is an adolescent who is going through hard times, and is depressed)) Neutral Pikachu Unsure Unsure
MrsxGeexWayx
Killjoy
MrsxGeexWayx
December 10th, 2007 at 06:09pm
i lub this song =]
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
December 11th, 2007 at 04:53am
i think that some of there songs latly have been about like crazy fans. " so you wanna hold my hand , culd you sing this autocraph cuz im your biggest fan, wuld you leave me lieing here.

i think that explains the whole thing.
love on her arms.
Bleeding on the Floor
love on her arms.
December 12th, 2007 at 09:00pm
I Personelly think that these lryics are mocking MCR fans

Do you wanna hold my hand?
Could you sign this photograph?
'Cause I'm your biggest fan

Maybe sometimes there anoyed by some of there fans that relie on mcr.
MCR loves there fan but...
ah well who know but gerard himself?
Emmii_MCR
Killjoy
Emmii_MCR
December 13th, 2007 at 08:42pm
Mrs.Halloween:
it's a b-side to FLW. so you can buy it in the shops or download it off limewire...if you wanna be completely legal, then itunes.
i really, really like this song.
and i like the theories people are coming up with about it being based around the fans, and about them. =].
kinda makes me feel good to be a fan.

limewire is illegal?
MCR_addict
Killjoy
MCR_addict
December 14th, 2007 at 09:38pm
yes, limwire is illegal. but everyone uses it anyay.....
ok, the lyrics above that go
"oh my god
vile, seven different shades of shit
so whats your gavorite color punk"
i think are wrong. at the very least they make a lot more sence like this...
"well my gun
fires seven different shades of shit
so whats yoyr favorite color punk?"
and i think it means that he (either Gerard or the fan, not entirely decided on weather it's about a fan or the patient or Gerad himself) is willing to do anything to get back home and to his lover. including shoot someone... does that make sence?
GUTTER!
Killjoy
GUTTER!
December 16th, 2007 at 04:24pm
i don't think anyone will ever properly know what it's all about .
but in my humble opinion , it's a song for the fans about the fans , but still something personal from the band . i think it's about how much the fans rely on gerard and the rest of the band to "save their lives" and all that , but when it comes down to it they're just five guys. and i think

"Can't find my way home, but it's through you and I know
what I'd do just to get back in her arms."

"her" is some metaphor for when the band needs to be saved , "her" is who they go to .

i really don't know though (:
MCR_addict
Killjoy
MCR_addict
December 18th, 2007 at 10:46pm
ya, no one but the band will ever really know. but i <3 this song SO much.. Very Happy
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 25th, 2007 at 08:33pm
Another Broken Heart:
I Personelly think that these lryics are mocking MCR fans

Could you sign this photograph?
'Cause I'm your biggest fan

Maybe sometimes there anoyed by some of there fans that relie on mcr.
MCR loves there fan but...
ah well who know but gerard himself?

Agreed. I met haily once(from Paramore) and I kept saying hi and that what an amazing band they are, but she really didn't pay attention, perhaps maybe because of 1000 people calling her name?
harry goldfarb.
Bleeding on the Floor
harry goldfarb.
December 31st, 2007 at 03:23pm
I agree that the song is about the fans, mainly, but with some about themselves as a band.
I'm gonna tell what I think some of the lyrics mean, but only in some bits x]

Tear apart all of my insides,
When they rifle in,
Mom and Dad think you'll be saved,
They never had the time,
They're gonna medicate your lives

--mainly about how the guys (MCR) expose themselves and let themselves loose on stage when the fans come into the place where the guys are playing (hence "when they rifle in"--the fans come in). "Mom and Dad think you'll be saved" to "They're gonna medicate your lives"; the parents think they'll save their kid by medication but they caught the problem too late.

Can't find my way home,
But it's through you and I know

--"Can't find my way home, but it's through you and I know" Maybe the guys can't find their way home from wherever the hell they're playing (considering you probably lose track of where you are when touring a lot) and they feel at home when they're on stage and playing in front of the fans ("but it's through you" )

Could you sign this photograph,
'Cause I'm your biggest fan,

--probably about how a lot of fans obsess over the guys, claiming to be their "biggest fan" (which I don't think there is one) and "Would you leave me lying here?" probably meaning "Will you leave me here even though I'm in a living hell?"

We're not here to pay a compliment,
Oxycontin genocide,
Adolescent suicide,
Here's what I've got to say.

--MCR's not there to sing about anything mentioned in the lyrics above ("pay a compliment, or sing about the government......adolescent suicide" ) "I'll give you my sincerity" meaning they mean what they're singing and it's not just random lyrics thrown together. "Here's what I've got to say." meaning "Listen up to what we have to say."

I can't find the way

--They still can't find out how the hell to get home from wherever they are/were.

Come on, angel, don't you cry

--telling the fans not to cry because they're there to help and save peoples' lives (hence the quote from Frank stating the band will/wants to save your life.)

that's my opinion =] Cheese oh my jesus, it's long x.x
the rise and fall
Killjoy
the rise and fall
January 7th, 2008 at 02:00am
i think the meaning of the song is the meaning of the band, summed up quite nicely in this verse

"We're not here to pay a compliment,
Oxycontin genocide,
Adolescent suicide,
Here's what I've got to say."

MCR is not a sell-out kind of band. they're not going to try to fit into anyones mold. they are themselves, and the music they make is real. their way home is through being themselves, through being genuine.