Don't have an account? Create one!

Kill All Your Friends

AuthorMessage
Kilninyoursleep
Killjoy
Kilninyoursleep
April 8th, 2007 at 03:39pm
It means that he lost his friends after highschool, and he can only see them on a funeral, so he's going to kill his friends to see his other friends on the funeral.
Really, I love this lyric..xD
DinoSaur29
Killjoy
DinoSaur29
April 8th, 2007 at 03:48pm
i too, think its about his past and i think hes like trying to say how the past never leaves you and you are always gonna face something that will bring those memories back. and i think he is like basically talking about hisself too.
TheNewLondonFire
Motor Baby
TheNewLondonFire
April 9th, 2007 at 11:04pm
I could be totally wrong, but every time I hear this song I think of Gerard and his recent ex. I read somewhere that he had known her for ten years and dated her for six (the ten years could be wrong, idk), and that's why it goes up a year ("It's been ten fucking years since I've been seeing your face 'round here" ). Even though he's not always in New Jersey, maybe he still thinks about her a lot or has pics of her somewhere. I have no idea about the rest of the song, though.

Then again, I'm probably wrong.
major_my_chem_fan
Killjoy
major_my_chem_fan
April 10th, 2007 at 10:42am
ummm...I'm not quite sure. I guess his friends could be his addictions, I mean, it makes PERFECT sense. He wants to kill all his friends [addictions] I don't think it's about the patient. Was the patient even in the picture at this time of their career?
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 10th, 2007 at 05:46pm
Its a great song. I think it was to do with highschool and that he lost loads of frends Sad
wardevil05
Killjoy
wardevil05
April 10th, 2007 at 08:41pm
IT MEANS KILLING ALL THE "PLASTIC" FRIENDS OF GERARD WAY
dontwannabeyou
Killjoy
dontwannabeyou
April 16th, 2007 at 02:29pm
I know gee personally... the song is about him being a loner in high school. Then having a great friend in bert mccracen (the used).. then losing that friend.

rossxx
TheNewLondonFire
Motor Baby
TheNewLondonFire
April 16th, 2007 at 05:48pm
Umm, am I the only one that doesn't believe that? ^
MCR'sXladyXofXsorrow
Killjoy
MCR'sXladyXofXsorrow
April 18th, 2007 at 07:02pm
i think he's talking to a bunch friends at a reunion or something and then he starts talking about the only time thay ever got together after high school was at their friend's funrals. that's personally how i see.
Hugs; The New Black
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hugs; The New Black
April 19th, 2007 at 11:08pm
I think the "i was killing before killing was cool" part is about the whole self harm cult following they and some other bands have(aka emo kids, but I'm not trying to stereotype). He was killing himself before it was the 'cool' thing to do.
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 20th, 2007 at 01:47pm
The intro sounds to me like that damn INXS song, what's it called? No It's not Me! it IS that INXS;
Yeah..! had to be On Purpose: like a parody I mean, what did INXS do anyway
after their Lead Singer Died? Didn't they have a 'american idol' type show to pick the Replacement, maybe, just maybe that song is about That. Have I Got it yrt??
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
April 23rd, 2007 at 11:40am
xemergencyxdollx, i love your avatar...! <3
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
April 23rd, 2007 at 11:43am
dontwannabeyou, or should i say 'ross', how do you know gee personally?
Fall Awake
Really Not Okay
Fall Awake
April 23rd, 2007 at 12:05pm
i agree with alot of people...and think it it about his high school past...but also when people dont like you before being who you are...becasue they think its uncool to like the kid who sits at the back of the class..even if there are the nicest people you will ever meet.....how people are back stabbers!!...but lets say that when the person who sits int he corner dies ........even if they have hated them through out their life..or have bullied them....made their life hell......that bully they have the guts to come to the funeral........and act like nothings happen....thats my take on it......
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
April 27th, 2007 at 01:23am
I always thought it was a way of saying "You might as well kill your friends, so you can go to the funeral party and have free food" xD

That's me being wierd.

-

And yeah, it could be about Gerard's High School life or Addictions.
frankismyhomefry
Killjoy
frankismyhomefry
April 27th, 2007 at 04:10pm
I dont mean to sound like a total spaz, but what CD is this song on? cuz i heard it and luved it, but cant get the CD
AmazingCauseItIs10
Joining The Black Parade
AmazingCauseItIs10
April 28th, 2007 at 11:04pm
it has to be about high school or after school. remember when gerard said in that tasteittv interview that he tried to fit in, but it didn't work. the line "you'll never take me alive, you'll never take me alive, do what it takes to survive, 'cause i'm still here." i think that the line means that he wouldn't sink to anyone's level for their happiness.
Fall Awake
Really Not Okay
Fall Awake
April 29th, 2007 at 08:43am
frankismyhomefry:
I dont mean to sound like a total spaz, but what CD is this song on? cuz i heard it and luved it, but cant get the CD

i thought that..i think its B side to Famous last words..i got the cd with my way home is through you....but i thinks theres anyother one with kill all your friends on...i didnt even know this song existed...until about a couple of months back...lol
frankismyhomefry
Killjoy
frankismyhomefry
April 29th, 2007 at 04:56pm
xhayleyx19:
frankismyhomefry:

i thought that..i think its B side to Famous last words..i got the cd with my way home is through you....but i thinks theres anyother one with kill all your friends on...i didnt even know this song existed...until about a couple of months back...lol

Thanks!
ciao_amore_4ever
Killjoy
ciao_amore_4ever
May 1st, 2007 at 05:19pm
I think that this song is about on of his friends or someone like a celebrity sells themselves to the public, and realizes that he doesnt want to do that...
or one if friends is killed or murded in like a driving under influence because he gave into peerpressure and realizes that because of his dug problems and doesnt want that to happen to him.