Don't have an account? Create one!

Kill All Your Friends

AuthorMessage
RedTieOut
Fabulous Killjoy
RedTieOut
May 3rd, 2007 at 06:08pm
Hi, I'm new here. =]
I'm probably wrong about this but I think it's about being a person being bullyed in highschool. And this person, bearing the weight of being abused for so long becomes paraniod of his friends, thinking that they are all liars. This song may be the emotiongs going through that too (ex- "And I will drown in the fear" Like the fear of his friends leaving him)
sorta kinda.
Salute You in Your Grave
sorta kinda.
May 4th, 2007 at 05:17am
I think it is about how he had really good friends in highschool and the last time he saw them was at the funeral of one of thier friends and he thinks the only reason they came was for the party after.
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
May 4th, 2007 at 04:54pm
This song links with I'm Not Okay and Teenagers...MCR should do an online EP about that kind of stuff, to get a good message across.

On a sidenote, the video for Not Okay is hilarious.

"Face it man, you're never gonna make it."
"I don't wanna make it. I just wanna-"

The bathroom scene is funny. Do they build them like that now?
Motherfuckingwar
Fabulous Killjoy
Motherfuckingwar
May 6th, 2007 at 02:15pm
I think this song is telling us that we should go down with our friends and not alone. That you never leave anyone alone.
And yeah it also has something to do with being in highschool and itz just an amazing song which really speaks of the shit life in highschool
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 7th, 2007 at 12:56am
This song really baffles me. Everyone's theory has good points and bad (and I've read 'em all). You know what's funny--when I first read the title, I thought it was a parody of "Tell All Your Friends," like a joke. I still think so, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the interpretation.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 8th, 2007 at 06:52pm
is it an new song?
XanythingXyouXwantX
Killjoy
XanythingXyouXwantX
May 9th, 2007 at 05:56am
i think this song represents immaturity to some extent. the fact that we the only time that we all get together is to bury our friends. i think the counting of the years also shows this. mcr doesn't do cliche-type things and their lyrics are so honest, but the counting is a bit like in children's songs (if you catch my drift), this might represent immaturity. oh well, it made sense in my head. possibly why this song isn't on the album
EdwardCullenIsLove
Fabulous Killjoy
EdwardCullenIsLove
May 11th, 2007 at 11:30am
I'm probably completely wrong but I reckon it's something like the only chance they get to see all their friends is when somebody has died. Like "We all get together when we bury our friends" It just sounds to me like they're saying "why do we only get together and hang out when somebody dies?"
XanythingXyouXwantX
Killjoy
XanythingXyouXwantX
May 12th, 2007 at 10:46pm
Longloo_MCR_xx:
I'm probably completely wrong but I reckon it's something like the only chance they get to see all their friends is when somebody has died. Like "We all get together when we bury our friends" It just sounds to me like they're saying "why do we only get together and hang out when somebody dies?"
Agreed, this is definitely one of the meanings of this song
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 12:25pm
XanythingXyouXwantX:
Longloo_MCR_xx:
Agreed, this is definitely one of the meanings of this song
i completly agree thats all i have to say
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
May 16th, 2007 at 08:00pm
I was thinking about it last night and I now think it may be about somebody leaving another person. "Killing" them.
After all...they do use metaphors like no other.
(:
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:32pm
Dunno maby its about the people you hate or how your friends talk about you behind you back...or maybe jsut feeling really peed off with some of your m8s.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
May 21st, 2007 at 12:21am
i think this song is about how in high school theres the stupid cliques and how you have to fit in and theyre all self absurbed bitches who don't really care about other people and when their friend or whoever dies is sad only to male it look like they care then just wanna go back to fun and themselves
Trail Of Dead.
Fabulous Killjoy
Trail Of Dead.
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:16pm
Personaly i think that it was about gerards school life.
like all the people who used to be horrible to him but now he's famous they have been nice to him and pretended to be his friend???

well thats my opinion
Nick Jonas.
Bleeding on the Floor
Nick Jonas.
May 25th, 2007 at 12:49pm
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs:
well that does make a lot of sense ...
i thought it was about death (duh! XD) but how people are such hipocrites, and liars, and nobody really cares about one another and only get together when theres like a funeral...and also how they dont really want to be there and they just wanna party after the damn funeral cuz they dont give a fuck ....thats basically what i thought. ..which i think is very true...

but then again i guess it also goes with the h.s. thing ^^

oops forgot to say that i think its called "kill all your friends" because maybe since thats the only time peoeple get together, they should kill their friends ^^u ..and for example the patient is seing how hipocrite and lame his friends are and just thinks friends should be killed?

I thought exactly the same as that ^^^^ :]]]
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
May 26th, 2007 at 04:04am
I still say this song is ripping on the "RockStar-INXS" because "It's been ten fuckin' years since I've been seeing your 'Faye' " Not Face! subtle, but what it makes me think of is when I was invited to the Funeral of my best friend in High School, I did'nt go, because I felt it should be me and not him who died, he was the good 1, I did all the bad stuff. It is so Un-Fair! [life is] He died of Brain Cancer! He had a wife who still Loves him. I did Drugs, had un-protected casual Sex & ran away from home & All That.., I'm still Here & he's gone, it makes no sense ! No
My_Fawkesian_romance
Killjoy
My_Fawkesian_romance
May 29th, 2007 at 02:51pm
I think its about how hes tired of people being his friend one day, and then being stuck up the next. I also think hes telling his lover that she needs to either pick him, or tell him he doesnt have a chance. Hes telling her that everyones a liar, and that humanity as a whole has failed. Hes telling her that she will probably move away and have some extravagant life, while hell stay there, and die in his place.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
May 29th, 2007 at 10:44pm
i get the feeling it's also about growing up and realising who your friends are and remembering the ones that left and how they've all sort of grown apart, only returning when some one dies. One in particular seeming to be this person he hasn't seen for 8,9,10 years. And it's like 'Yeah I'm in the right, I stayed and you just fucked off, look who's come crawling back' but then realising none of that matters because even though he stayed around with the rest, everyone drifted apart anyway and moved and he'll just 'die in this place'

If that makes sense XD
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
May 31st, 2007 at 10:05pm
This song really helped me coz' i hated my friend/many people at school.

The part 'But the past ain't through with you.' reminds me of how my friend can't forget something i did in my past & so she turned into a liar like this line.

Cause we are all a bunch of liars.
Tell me, baby, who do you wanna be?

It's been eight bitter years since I've been seeing your face.
I plan not to see her face for 8 years hopefully.

And you're walking away, and I will die in this place.
She's not coming to apologise & neither will i

Sometimes you scrape and sink so low,
I got drunk, so she won't talk to me, that's scrapeing low.

i'm shocked at what you're capable of.
She became a bitch

wow, too many lines involving me. I should write to MCR someday & tell them how much they help me lol instead of talking about it here Smile
XStay_AwakeX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XStay_AwakeX
June 4th, 2007 at 05:23pm
this is what i thought it was about.

this guy (the patient i guess) used to be really good friends with this girl, maybe even in love with her, but never sees her anymore. he cant stop thinking about her and so he gets an idea that if he kills one of his closest friends, she would be at the funeral.
(we all get together when we bury our friends)
So he really wants to tell her how he feels but she leaves before he can tell her
(its been 8..9..10.. years since i've been seeing your face, and you're walking away and i will die in this place.)
so each year he kills another friend just to see her and try to talk to her.

yeahh. thats what i got when i listened to that song.