Kill All Your Friends

AuthorMessage
Lux Aeterna
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lux Aeterna
June 6th, 2007 at 07:32am
this song confused me but i like the idea that Let_Love_Find_A_Way has
it makes a lot of sense ^^
i always thought it was something to do with rejection + obviously not being very fond of these so-called 'friends'
mychemkid202
Killjoy
mychemkid202
June 7th, 2007 at 02:40am
maybe it means like, idk, getting rid of whatever haunts you. or even drugs maybe? drugs used to be his friends. then he got sober. idk. just a thought
MCR - Number One Fan
Killjoy
MCR - Number One Fan
July 3rd, 2007 at 04:30pm
Here's what I think:

The song is about someone who was in love with another person,
probably in high school, and they are only able to see that person again
for the first time in years when they are re-united at a friend's funeral.

When the funeral ends, that person has to watch the other walk out their life again.

They figure that the only way to see them again is after the death of another friend,
hence the name 'Kill All Your Friends'
killyourfriends1
Killjoy
killyourfriends1
July 4th, 2007 at 04:26am
I think it's about Gerard giving up drugs and alcohol, while refering to them as his "friends", although i don't know when he quit, but:

"it's been 8 bitter years since i've been seeing your face"
"it's been 9 bitter years since i've been seeing your face"
"it's been 10 fucking years i've been seeing your face round here"

and because (i guess) it's a struggle to quit an addiction like that, and you can die off of doing drugs:

"You’ll never take me alive, you’ll never take me alive
Do what it takes to survive 'cause I’m still here
You’ll never get me alive, you’ll never take me alive
Do what it takes to survive and I’m still here
You’ll never take me alive, you’ll never get me alive.
Do what it takes to survive and I’m still here
You’ll never get me (get me), you’ll never take me (take me)
You'll never get me alive."

since giving up stuff like that is a big triumphe:

"'Cause we all wanna party when a funeral ends.
(Ba ba ba, ba ba baaa)
And we all get together when we bury our friends.
(Ba ba ba, ba ba baaa)"

and it also could be about his days in high school (though i think when he started taking drugs and drinking was in highschool, i'm not one of the obsessive fangirls so i wouldn't know. No offence, fangirls...):

"'Cause we’re all a bunch of animals,
And never paid attention in school
So tell me all about your problems,
I was killing before killing was cool"

but the first verse reminds me of a popularity contest or something:

"Well you can hide a lot about yourself
But honey what are you gonna do?
And you can sleep in a coffin,
But the past ain’t through with you
'Cause we are all a bunch of liars,
Tell me baby who do you wanna be?
And we are all about to sell it
'Cause its tragic with a capital ‘T’
Let it be, Let it be, Let it be"

But, i think i'm wrong about some stuff........
Too the end.
Killjoy
Too the end.
July 7th, 2007 at 03:44pm
I agree with some of the stuff on the above post.
Im not sure what its actually about but I know the words have deeper meanings.
Every song Gerard wrights is about his or others experiances and thats what I love about his music.
It comes from his heart and soul, not his mind.

x
Too the end.
Killjoy
Too the end.
July 7th, 2007 at 03:46pm
Too add...
I also think it does have something to do with rejection.

I think its about 'popular' people or bullys that when it comes to the end of there life, no one likes them.
Gerard is The bbesstt x
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
July 16th, 2007 at 07:51pm
I thought it was about Gerard's friends abandoning him after high school, like at a reunion. Like his dark days of drugs and booze.
dededirnt
Killjoy
dededirnt
July 17th, 2007 at 08:39am
after listening to this song i now understand where the whole Morrissey influence comes in to the band!!!
xKillerxTofux
Killjoy
xKillerxTofux
July 18th, 2007 at 07:52am
I think this song is inspired by the June 2006 film "The Graveyard". It's a real bad B-rated horror flick about a friend that kills his friend by accident in a graveyard and they get together after the dude gets out of jail... and a massacre ensues. So its not about the movie like "Monroeville" was to Dawn of the Dead... but it looks to be on the same parallel... with a little bit more personal stuff thrown in it. If you have Comcast Digital On-Demand movies it's there for free and the info for it says it all.
Helena'sGhOsT
Jazz Hands
Helena'sGhOsT
July 23rd, 2007 at 06:40pm
i kinda agree with xKillerxTofux

but the song kinda reminds me of family, my distant family.
cus sometimes it seems like families only get together, i mean really get together when some one dies.
I Loves Frank Iero
Killjoy
I Loves Frank Iero
July 30th, 2007 at 05:25am
soilitsu:
I think it is about the patient dieing.

My guess is it was supposed to be the last song on the album (besides blood of corse (sp?)

Who knows, the high school thing does make sence though...

Edit:

Just wondering, why do you think the year goes up by one each time the chorus is sung?

Or am I just crazy? lol

I think the song is actually about missing someone lmfao .
I actually really relate to this, because the hiding alot about yourself and things is about someone dear to you changing .
And like, it's been __ years since I've seen you, and you're walking away, and I will die in this place is about seeing that person you love for the first time in __ years, and they're just walking away from it .
Kay I just stated the obvious lol .
But like, you woun't be the same person after they leave .
So you're dying in that place lol .
And "we all want to party when the funeral ends" is about how everyone gets together at a funeral .
People I haven't seen in 12 years, I only see at funerals .
And the part about "Tell me all your problems 'cause I was killing before killing was cool. You're so cool you're so cool, you're so cool" is how, like ovbs. stated, he's killed people before ?
And the "You're so cools" means he's done it alot, if he's so damn cool .
So, along with the title, he's going to kill his friends so he can see that special person again at his friends' funerals .
And I thinkit's going year after year because he's planning, or possibly wondering if he should go through with his plan ?
Possibly lol .
followill.
In The Murder Scene
followill.
July 30th, 2007 at 02:06pm
Maybe he just wants to kill alll his friends...

R U N F O R L I F E
TheMysteriousThug
Joining The Black Parade
TheMysteriousThug
August 10th, 2007 at 08:27am
I kinda think this song was an experimentation with the story of the patient. Maybe he's reflecting his life(assuming the patient was diseased for years). And he wish that there was this one person there. And it's killing him emotionally and those who were friends with this person who that person abandoned are dying emotionally as well. Like in the sense of an estranged father who abandons you. But this as a friend. And it's ruining the patient's life. Or maybe it's something differently entirely.
Foxy_Roxy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Foxy_Roxy
August 10th, 2007 at 02:15pm
My idea was that it was how groups of friends never see each other till one of them dies after a few years("we all get together when we bury our friends", and then because they've all gotten together again(It's been 9 bitter years, since I've been seeing your face) they "all wanna party when the funeral ends" coz they are remembering their friendship or something.
I know thats only taking the chorus at face value - but thats what i'v always thaought of it as meaning.
fame monster.
Awake and Unafraid
fame monster.
August 10th, 2007 at 06:48pm
heres what i think-
i think he was in a realionship that ended somewhat suddenly and badly
The other person was having some problems that he helped them through and then something happened
then the two meet again after a long time at a friends funeral

i think the main theme is to keep going and liveing on and stying strong no matter what- to never let them take you alive
fame monster.
Awake and Unafraid
fame monster.
August 10th, 2007 at 06:49pm
MCR - Number One Fan:
Here's what I think:

The song is about someone who was in love with another person,
probably in high school, and they are only able to see that person again
for the first time in years when they are re-united at a friend's funeral.

When the funeral ends, that person has to watch the other walk out their life again.

They figure that the only way to see them again is after the death of another friend,
hence the name 'Kill All Your Friends'

i strongly agree with you
IeroPwnsYou
Killjoy
IeroPwnsYou
August 11th, 2007 at 03:58am
It could very well be not only about himself in school, but other kids as well. Peer pressure, perhaps? The song sounds like other school kids speaking to him, sort of telling him how it is around there, etc...
I Loves Frank Iero
Killjoy
I Loves Frank Iero
August 29th, 2007 at 10:39pm
TheMysteriousThug:
I kinda think this song was an experimentation with the story of the patient. Maybe he's reflecting his life(assuming the patient was diseased for years). And he wish that there was this one person there. And it's killing him emotionally and those who were friends with this person who that person abandoned are dying emotionally as well. Like in the sense of an estranged father who abandons you. But this as a friend. And it's ruining the patient's life. Or maybe it's something differently entirely.

Maybe being terminally ill for years ? So people come to see you before you die . And that special person comes to see him, and he maybe wants to say something, but can't ? And she's walking away before his chance . And he'll never get better, he's just going to die in that hospital bed .Maybe partying after the funeral is a bitter reflection to what his special person is going to do once he dies ? Completely forget about him, and just have a fun time . Whereas the roles were reversed, he'd be depressed if she died ? Whatevs . Lmfao, three cheers for being deep ^_^ Dance
above the influence
Killjoy
above the influence
August 30th, 2007 at 12:37pm
For Me - It's About His Pass - Like What Say Goodbye! Said.
I Agree Too Smile
Malicia
Salute You in Your Grave
Malicia
August 31st, 2007 at 07:24am
Cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends
And we all get together when we bury our friends

I've always thought that literally, 'cause it's so true! I mean, when you've first buried someone, then you go and have something to eat, go and chat with other people who've lost their loved one too. It's weird kinda, but makes sense to me.