Don't have an account? Create one!

Kill All Your Friends

AuthorMessage
Blood Stained Eyes
Killjoy
Blood Stained Eyes
October 17th, 2007 at 02:13pm
I think it's about Gerard's past.He was bullied as a teenager.Stupid ass people bullying a hot guy.
xXBlackRevengexX
Killjoy
xXBlackRevengexX
October 18th, 2007 at 12:44am
uh, i really don't think this song has a meaning, i think they made it just for fun! Cool
Aaron Gillespie.
Salute You in Your Grave
Aaron Gillespie.
October 20th, 2007 at 09:08pm
I think it was the high school thing...
since its talking about how many years... and all that...
but who really knows fer sher? :]
Kalle Fire
Killjoy
Kalle Fire
October 22nd, 2007 at 12:00am
Radio Saturday:
It's a B-side for the "Famous Last Words" single release.

Re: "I was killing before killing was cool."

To me, this line seems to be in the same vein as most of "Thanks for the Venom," especially lines like, "I wouldn't front the scene if you paid me/I'm just the way that the doctor made me." It seems kind of like he's saying, "I was born this way; I'm not faking it just to be in your scene."

Yeah that's what I thought too, you're much better at explaining than me. lol.

Every song has a meaning, even if it is just for fun, its probably not as deep as we're thinking but it's still interesting to find out everyone's personal interpretations even if we can't find out MCR's.
bubble_burst
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bubble_burst
October 27th, 2007 at 07:31pm
Every song has a meaning, even if it is just for fun, its probably not as deep as we're thinking but it's still interesting to find out everyone's personal interpretations even if we can't find out MCR's

i agree... you couldn't write a song and sing it if it meant nothing to you... even if it was just about something you saw that day, or something you wish would happen, your feelings...
people like songs because something in it means something to them, it makes you feel a certain way... if you take the meaning out of the song theres no feeling when you sing or play it...
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
November 8th, 2007 at 04:27am
I think E A T E N A L I V E back at the bottom of page 2 has some really good points. About how it's about all the fake friends/fans who only like them NOW because they're famous. And that when they break up they're shed 'fake' tears, but then move on to some other band, ect. Her idea was really good.
ifreakinlovegerard
Killjoy
ifreakinlovegerard
November 12th, 2007 at 05:15pm
well i think its about gerad gerards pst and how many (if any) friends he lost when he was drinking
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
November 12th, 2007 at 07:14pm
Does anyone think it has any connections to The Unbrella Academy? Because the 2007 Dark Horse Comics Free Comic Book Day issue was titled “…But the Past Ain’t Through With You.” And then the second issue of the actual comic book was titled “We Only See Each Other At Weddings And Funerals”. Maybe Gerard was writing the comic book series and felt inspired to include the themes into a song.

The plot of the comic book mirrors the song lyrics. The leader of a school for super heroes dies and all the super heros have to come back together for his funeral. They haven't seen each other for many years and many of them are bitter towards one another. But they all get together to bury their friend. And of course, they were all in this super hero "school" together and grew up with all sorts of identity "problems". Then there's the Rumor character whose power is to lie. It's all very interesting, to say the least...
Bob_Bryar_Our_Hero
Killjoy
Bob_Bryar_Our_Hero
November 13th, 2007 at 04:42am
soilitsu:
I think it is about the patient dieing.

My guess is it was supposed to be the last song on the album (besides blood of corse (sp?)

Who knows, the high school thing does make sence though...

Edit:

Just wondering, why do you think the year goes up by one each time the chorus is sung?

Or am I just crazy? lol

About the years going up...
Alot of bands do that when talking about long periods of time.
for instance. Green Day. Wake Me Up When September Ends- "7 Years has gone so fast"... (Later in song) " 20 years has gone so fast."
It's basically to make the illusion and feeling of the time passing so fast you can barely keep up...
heavenxhelpxme
Killjoy
heavenxhelpxme
November 25th, 2007 at 01:13pm
" tragic wiht a capitle T "
TEENAGERS starts wiht a capiltle T im just pondering but it might have somtihg to do with that .
savedbymcr15
Killjoy
savedbymcr15
December 13th, 2007 at 08:45am
well...I'm just wondering...who's to say that it's ALL about Gerard? The song could also be about Mikey...because I know that the Way brothers have a lot of reflections on their highschool years
savedbymcr15
Killjoy
savedbymcr15
December 13th, 2007 at 08:48am
sandersidle:
I think E A T E N A L I V E back at the bottom of page 2 has some really good points. About how it's about all the fake friends/fans who only like them NOW because they're famous. And that when they break up they're shed 'fake' tears, but then move on to some other band, ect. Her idea was really good.

that's true! I write a lot of songs...and I write them to clear my head and they make me feel a certain way, and they've actually helped others! Shocked
love on her arms.
Bleeding on the Floor
love on her arms.
December 28th, 2007 at 09:37am
I though it was about how people were hated so much and were the meanest people are honored when they are dead.

Or maybe asking respected for the dead?

Also i think the title of the song is a parody of Taking back sundays album tell all your friends since there close friends.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
January 2nd, 2008 at 04:29am
the title itself is a clue, methinks. kill ur toxic 'friends', the ones who mean nothing & who make u feel like crap Razz well, it could be as simple as that. Smile

it's funny tho - the lines "we all want to party when the funeral ends". bcoz at chinese funerals (or rather malaysian-chinese) it's more or less like a get-together where, after the prayers and rituals are over, relatives & friends who seldom see each otehr catch up by drinking & eating at a sort of funeral buffet. looking at some of them, u wouldnt know a person had died. Razz can burn up a small fortune, too, hosting the event. i dunno abt westerners, but where i come from the big funeral parlors make a killing.

well, i'm sure they didnt mean it in that sense, but just thought id share that with u guys
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
January 9th, 2008 at 07:43am
EATEN ALIVE:
Well you can hide a lot about yourself/But honey what are you gonna do?
And you can sleep in a coffin/But the past ain’t through with you

-now that Gerard and guys are famous, they can only try their best to keep their private lives private, but people are desperate to know everything bout them, and in the end they cant hide that much.
-the coffin-part; like even if you knowgo back to your home and hide, people still want to know bout you, still want to see you just cause you're a star.
; and, when Gerard had addictions once, even he recovered from them, they still are a part of his life. they'll always be there-> "past aint through with you"

'Cause we are all a bunch of liars/Tell me baby who do you wanna be?
-basicly its that their fans want to make them into these great, bigger beings than just average guys who play well and got lucky.

'Cause we all wanna party when the funeral ends
And we all get together when we bury our friends
Its been 8/9/10 (fucking) bitter years since I’ve been seeing your face

-im not sure what the 'funeral' is metaphore to, bu i feel like this is just saying that if MCR dies out/stops playing, all those fakers around them sure will cry fake tears for them and be so sorry and sad and stuff, but then.. they'll move on to another party, be fakers to another band that is big.
and the years that go on.. tell that sure, NOW that they are big and famous, they're good enough for all those people who looked down at them in high school and so on. NOW those people want to be friends, pretend that they were friends all along.
-and also bout addictions, they can any time rise their ugly faces and then Gerard goes like," didnt i deal with you already" -> its been 8/9/10 years since ive been seeing..

Sometimes your scraping sinks so low/I’m shocked at what you’re capable of
And if this is a coronation/I ain’t feeling the love
'Cause we’re all a bunch of animals/And never paid attention in school

-they are shocked at what people will do just to get a piece of them, shocked at people wanting to be their friends just cause they are famous.
-they dont want to be made into any rockgods, at least not this way, not by people who really dont care and are just faking it all. cause in the end they are just normal guys, "bunch of animals" like normal, goofy, mistakes-making guys are.

So tell me all about your problems/ I was killing before killing was cool
You’re so cool, you’re so cool, so cool

- irony here. they dont really care for problems of fakers who dont care bout them.
- they were the same guys before they became big, but its NOW that people think they're cool.

You’ll never take me alive, you’ll never take me alive
Do what it takes to survive 'cause I’m still here
You’ll never get me alive, you’ll never take me alive...

-those fakers cant turn these guys into what they want to, they wont change them; they wont let it happen, cause for them its not for the fame.
- aand also bout addictions; Gerard saying that he wont let them bring him down anymore, it over, he's gonna survive.

thats what i think.
edit: and the title; Kill all your friends..
-"kill" those fakers, fakefriends
-kill addiction, that bring you comfort for a while but in a long run make you more miserable.
This is very well explained. I love it! Clap
StarGirl.
Jazz Hands
StarGirl.
January 9th, 2008 at 02:22pm
I think its mainly to make fun of all those who laughed at them, now becoming their 'supporters'.
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
January 11th, 2008 at 03:10am
We all get together when we bury our friends - Sometimes, you don't see someone for years and years and then, when a mutual friend dies, you see them again.

But yeah, other than that line I agree with EATEN ALIVE.
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
Fabulous Killjoy
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
January 16th, 2008 at 01:50pm
Indeed, yes.
I could be about Gerards past.
My first thought when I heard the song was teenagers.
Somehow, this song reminds me of teenagers.

"cause we are all a buch of animals, that never paid attention in school."
MyChemicalConspiracy
Killjoy
MyChemicalConspiracy
January 17th, 2008 at 11:42am
Well you can hide a lot about yourself
But honey what are you gonna do?
And you can sleep in a coffin,
But the past ain’t through with you
'Cause we are all a bunch of liars,
Tell me baby who do you wanna be?
And we are all about to sell it
'Cause its tragic with a capital ‘T’
Let it be, Let it be, Let it be

This part really speaks to me as people being superficial and fake. You know how like all the girls in school go around with big plastic smiles and all? Also, the part about the coffin to me is like running from your problems but they're still going to catch up with you...dunno lemme know what you think.
MyChemicalConspiracy
Killjoy
MyChemicalConspiracy
January 17th, 2008 at 11:42am
Well you can hide a lot about yourself
But honey what are you gonna do?
And you can sleep in a coffin,
But the past ain’t through with you
'Cause we are all a bunch of liars,
Tell me baby who do you wanna be?
And we are all about to sell it
'Cause its tragic with a capital ‘T’
Let it be, Let it be, Let it be

This part really speaks to me as people being superficial and fake. You know how like all the girls in school go around with big plastic smiles and all? Also, the part about the coffin to me is like running from your problems but they're still going to catch up with you...dunno lemme know what you think.