Don't have an account? Create one!

Does this mean we're not

AuthorMessage
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
February 1st, 2007 at 04:08pm
MCR help a hell of a lot of people through their life and problems, but even if they didn't you are still welcome as a fan. Anyone is. It's only the posers [people who say they love MCR when they only know one song] and teenies [girls who only like Gerard or Frank, usually Gerard, because they are 'fit'] that are never welcome near me thankyou very much.

Edit: Page claim Motherfuckers!
Audiovox
Killjoy
Audiovox
February 1st, 2007 at 04:12pm
i cant say they completely "saved my life"

to be honest, i most of the time feel people really exaggerate when they say thing like that.
sure, maybe their songs got you through a rough time in your life, but would it actually count as saving your life?

all i can say is, i love mcr a whole fucking lot.
and even though i cant say they really saved me, they mean a lot to me.
[/rant.]
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
February 1st, 2007 at 04:55pm
Tim Burton:
Okay, it seems everyone on here who is an MCR fan had their life saved by them, and that's all cool, but what if MCR didn't save your life.

What if you just discovered them, and was like, "Hm. These guys are pretty cool"?

Does that mean we're not "real fans"?

Do you have to have your lived saved by them to be a "real fan"?

Of course not.
If you love thier music, then you're still a fan.
MCR just happened to save many lives through the music they make.
It doesnt make you more or less of a fan.
glitter geek.
Shotgun Sinner
glitter geek.
February 1st, 2007 at 06:17pm
Who cares if were fans or not?

I think about 3/4 of us like the music not just their looks, which is basically why we're fans.

When a band saves your life, you know. You just know.

MCR saved about 2/3 of the people on this site. thats a lot.

MCR saved our lives because we could relate to them in rough times.
They didn't literally save our lives.

But were still fans.

(am i right on this one?? im on topic right?)
Buffy Summers
Always Born a Crime
Buffy Summers
February 1st, 2007 at 11:17pm
love is blind.:
Who cares if were fans or not?

I think about 3/4 of us like the music not just their looks, which is basically why we're fans.

When a band saves your life, you know. You just know.

MCR saved about 2/3 of the people on this site. thats a lot.

MCR saved our lives because we could relate to them in rough times.
They didn't literally save our lives.

But were still fans.

(am i right on this one?? im on topic right?)

I ENTIRELY agree with you.
I would never claim that I was on the brink of death and heard MCR and changed my mind. But I HAVE found their music extremely helpful in getting me through the rougher patches of my life (ie my parents divorce, getting picked on iin school). And I think that the knowledge of what the band has overcome is inspirational, so that helps too.

But yeah, of course you can be a fan without having them save your life (my little sister likes them & she has no idea what they're singing about or what their lives were like, but she looooooves them to death)

LOVE the MUSIC = YOU are a FAN.
Amy;;
Salute You in Your Grave
Amy;;
February 1st, 2007 at 11:27pm
MCR have never saved my life.
My life has never needed to be saved.

I do not feel that because I cant wear home-made tops to concerts saying "MCR saved my life"
like many other kids do, that im any less of fan.
Sometimes I feel like some people just say that they have because it is "cool",
Just like some people think it is "cool" to be depressed, because everyone else who is in to the same things they are are depressed.
But I could be wrong. MCR could have saved all those peoples life.

But that doesnt make the un-saved people any less a fan.

SuperBecky2410
Salute You in Your Grave
SuperBecky2410
February 2nd, 2007 at 02:42am
MCR didn't save my life. I sort of owe it to Blink 182 from back in the day.

I love My Chemical Romance's music and everything they stand for, I think it's amazing that they have managed to help so many people in such a profound way.

Besides, not every band has claimed to be there to save peoples lives, but we still like their music. Take someone like......Eric Clapton. He was just in it to make great music, never to change the world.
blackaisten
Motor Baby
blackaisten
February 2nd, 2007 at 05:23am
They didn't saved my life.. It was NIrvana who did that.. I just think they are cool guys who makes good music.
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
February 2nd, 2007 at 06:28am
My Chemical Romance didn't save my life.
But I love their music.
Bethanyblueberry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bethanyblueberry
February 2nd, 2007 at 07:34am
ladypeace:
they didn't save my life, and to be honest their music don't help me through anything.. I just love their music, and find their fans (most of them) to be great people..
and well the memebr of the band seems pretty cool to Razz

its the same with me. they didnt save my life but i still love their music
Sadie Marie
Salute You in Your Grave
Sadie Marie
February 2nd, 2007 at 11:39am
they didnt save my life, i just came across these 5 magnificent guys and was like, wow music has meaning!
(they kinda did 'cos it saved me from being a 'chav and getting into the 'wrong group') but overall, not really, but am a massive fan, i don't even physically own bullets, i have all the songs downloaded onto my iPod... big deal.. I'M STILL A FAN! thanks for listening..x
Buffy Summers
Always Born a Crime
Buffy Summers
February 2nd, 2007 at 03:31pm
yeah, I think that for most of us, they definetely changed our lives. Introduced us to things we weren't aware of before, right? Gave us a reason to believe in music and the effect it can have.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 2nd, 2007 at 03:38pm
Sometimes I see these 12 year olds (NOT on here; and I do understand that a 12 year olds life can be saved by music sometimes) saying how much MCR saved their lives on messageboards (once again, NOT on here). I just don't believe them and I think that they're trying to look cool. Do any of you think the same way?

Anyways for me, it's like MyChemicalAddiction said. MCR got me into most of the music I'm into today. They haven't saved my life at all, though they have helped me feel slightly less sad/depressed when I am.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
February 2nd, 2007 at 04:16pm
basicly if you listen to mcr's music and really like it!!listen to it often like who they are!!then you are a fan!!
chesneira
Killjoy
chesneira
February 3rd, 2007 at 08:15am
If you're an obsessed fan...They already did...
Electric Warrior
Jazz Hands
Electric Warrior
February 3rd, 2007 at 08:48am
To be a fan of something, you have to like the person/band/item(like i'm a proud fan of my limegreenstriped socks), or whatever. That's it. If they/their music DID save your life, then good for you! Just don't look down at the fans who weren't (the ones who didn't need to be saved).
Solong and Goodafternoon, young socks(I got it on my mind okay?so DEAL ^^)
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
February 3rd, 2007 at 09:07am
unapologetic apathy:
Sometimes I see these 12 year olds (NOT on here; and I do understand that a 12 year olds life can be saved by music sometimes) saying how much MCR saved their lives on messageboards (once again, NOT on here). I just don't believe them and I think that they're trying to look cool. Do any of you think the same way?

Anyways for me, it's like MyChemicalAddiction said. MCR got me into most of the music I'm into today. They haven't saved my life at all, though they have helped me feel slightly less sad/depressed when I am.

Yeah. I know what you mean. 12 year olds say things like ‘Oh My God Gerard saved me when I listened to MCR and it stopped me taking an overdose‘ kinda shit. I am 12, but MCR saved my life in a way that they kept, and keep, me sane. I definitely needed help before I found MCR, and boy finding out about MCR really really changed me. They and their music helped me to stop all the horrible thoughts and stuff. I would probably be six feet under by now if I hadn’t discovered these guys.

I guess that could be counted in the MCR saved my life genre, non-poser style if you know what I mean!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 3rd, 2007 at 01:24pm
^^ See, you I believe. But there's these girls who create bullshit excuses and I get annoyed with it. >_<
Sadie Marie
Salute You in Your Grave
Sadie Marie
February 10th, 2007 at 11:43am
^^ same. all these depressing stories of how they were on the brink of suicide....
they're probably posted just to get attention
AND they're probably bullshit. Personally i don't think music can save you from suicide. Yeah could help you change your mind, but i don't think it gives you a reason to live.. unless you're into that...? I don't know, but that's my view.
one less sad robot.
Demolition Lover
one less sad robot.
February 10th, 2007 at 02:41pm
i think music can save your life and that can give you a reason to live.
and i think that some of the people who say MCR saved their lives are lying just to get attention, but not all.
Their music didn´t save my life, i´ve never been suicidal.
but MCR always makes me feel better, and that´s the thing that is important to me .and i think that if music wouldn´t do that to me it wouldn´t mean that much to me.
so if you haven´t been saved by their music, it doesn´t mean that you are not a real fan!