Don't have an account? Create one!

Does this mean we're not

AuthorMessage
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
February 10th, 2007 at 03:59pm
Tim Burton:
Okay, it seems everyone on here who is an MCR fan had their life saved by them, and that's all cool, but what if MCR didn't save your life.

What if you just discovered them, and was like, "Hm. These guys are pretty cool"?

Does that mean we're not "real fans"?

Do you have to have your lived saved by them to be a "real fan"?

No. At least I don't think so. Smile
estellise
Awake and Unafraid
estellise
February 11th, 2007 at 07:17pm
MCR hasn't saved my life, but they have made a hell of a lot better.
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
February 11th, 2007 at 10:14pm
Piss on your head.:
MCR hasn't saved my life, but they have made a hell of a lot better.

Beautifully put. I think that would about sum it up for me, too.
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
February 11th, 2007 at 10:19pm
[quote="SuperBecky2410"]MCR didn't save my life. I sort of owe it to Blink 182 from back in the day.quote]
Holy shit. Me too. I'm kinda old (23, lol), so Blink was to me in high school what MCR are for a lot of people now.
That's What You Get
Always Born a Crime
That's What You Get
February 12th, 2007 at 05:46am
not that many people have had their lives saved my MCR, just put the world in a better perspective so it makes it easier to get on with living your life!
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
February 15th, 2007 at 01:13am
no.
they havent saved my life.
but I still love them.
I know they have saved many people's lives.
thats what makes them so much more special.
they are a big influence on me, but they havent saved my life as of yet.
Charlie The Unicorn
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Charlie The Unicorn
February 15th, 2007 at 09:45am
I don't think a band has to save your life to make you a true fan. MCR has never saved my life. I love them simply because of their awesome music.
Rory
Killjoy
Rory
February 15th, 2007 at 04:54pm
i think that MCR's music is more inspiring then life saving.
i mean im only 15 but i thought about suicide, but never done anything just thought about it.

and although im 15 i can honestly say that i get depressed sometimes but listening to MCR makes me feel like i should move on from what makes me sad and it makes me think that i could do something like what Gerard and company have accomplished.

so i wouldn't say that MCR's music is life saving, although i can say it relates to some stuff i go through but thats about it.

i find MCR inspiring and im going to use their music and lyrics etc for when i start my Art A levels =]

thats my view anyway =]
Serious Business
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Serious Business
February 15th, 2007 at 05:07pm
I heard WTTBP and thought :'hey, this is cool', then cheked out the other things they have made. And I concider(sp?) my self as a real fan...
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 15th, 2007 at 09:10pm
Uh, they haven't saved my life. WTF does that mean anyways? If a few songs saved your life...that's scary.
Geesus.
Motor Baby
Geesus.
February 15th, 2007 at 09:40pm
MCR saved my 'music life' persay
but even if a band that saves peoples lives didn't save yours it doesn't mean you're not a true fan.
After i got into them they started saving my life.
'all the shit i was going through' made me feel a little worthless but then i would listen to them and their songs really helped.
IXPROMISE
Jazz Hands
IXPROMISE
February 18th, 2007 at 04:01pm
they saved my life but if they didnt save your life it doesnt matter.

if you like the music youre still a fan no question
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
February 21st, 2007 at 04:32pm
Damned-After-All:
You're a fan of the music simply by liking the music. It doesn't have SHIT to do with whether or not they saved your life, even if they did.

i agree...my life couldn't be saved by MCR anyway cuz nothing ever happens to me or anything, haha Mr. Green
Chemical Addiction.
Awake and Unafraid
Chemical Addiction.
February 21st, 2007 at 06:55pm
i think MCR saved my life in the way that they have made me realise that you can come back from being at complete and utter rock bottom (which i was at and made me attempt suicide) - i mean look at Gee he is such an inspiration to so many people
But in no way do i think that MCR has had to of saved your life for you to be a true fan - its all about the love of the music and the band which makes you a true fan.
tennant.
Full of Ephedrine
tennant.
February 26th, 2007 at 11:43am
Damned-After-All:
You're a fan of the music simply by liking the music. It doesn't have SHIT to do with whether or not they saved your life, even if they did.

completely agree. I just love the music.
tennant.
Full of Ephedrine
tennant.
February 26th, 2007 at 11:43am
blazing_six-guns:
Damned-After-All:

i agree...my life couldn't be saved by MCR anyway cuz nothing ever happens to me or anything, haha Mr. Green

same here !
RAVE on my grave
Bleeding on the Floor
RAVE on my grave
February 26th, 2007 at 12:22pm
*ahem* check out the signature Smile
Mush
Bleeding on the Floor
Mush
February 26th, 2007 at 12:26pm
Of course you can be a fan of them without beeing "saved".
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
February 26th, 2007 at 05:33pm
Just because a band hasn't saved your life doesn't mean you're not a fan. You have to like their music and respect them. MCR hasn't saved my life and I am still 100% devoted and in love with them and their music. They're my favorite band. (Seriously) It has nothing to do with owning all the MCR merchandise or knowing every little thing about them.
xXx_BlackParade_xXx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xXx_BlackParade_xXx
February 26th, 2007 at 06:39pm
they didnt save my life and im still a huge fan sure they made me think about some things that i might have done but i thought well if they were here what would they say and then music in general kept me from becoming a slut and total prep cause id be dressing really sluttly without them and music trying to get attention from guys , but now i just like to hang out with boys and my arms are sore right now so i cant type much longer cause the other day i was arm wrestling all the guys in my class and i was winning to most of them and then the teacher got mad and made every1 stay in after class