Admin
Dujo
February 4th, 2007 at 12:19am
-
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
February 4th, 2007 at 12:46am
This is one of my favorite MCR songs. I understand how all their songs sound quite different, but this one just stands out among them.

I think the song is generally about their fans/crowd.
"When they love me for it honestly, I’ll be here for a while
So give the blood, blood, gallons of the stuff"

I thinkl its double meaned. That maybe the blood is a metaphor to the crowd/fans.

" celebrated man amongst the gurney’s" ^supporting last detail.

Then, towards MCR, I beleive the whole topic is relating to Gerrad. Due to drug usage in the past....but I'm not completely ontop of background stories so its just a outloud thought.

"Well they encourage a complete cooperation
Send you roses when they think you need to smile"

later on they mention doctors and nurses, so I'm guessing they can be relating that to the cooperation. But I think the cooperation is also being compared to the crowd, yet again. The crowd/fans send in their deepest respects and regrets to MCR, deffinitely while members are having struggle.

Then again it just might be in general, Doctors and the lot sympathize for you, along with others when you're ill. Maybe that dates towards Gerrad...<shrug>

"The doctors and the nurses, they adore me so
But it’s really quite alarming
‘Cause im such an awful f**k"

This is where I think my crowd/fan idea gets put together nicely. Shocked that they enjoy the music and their works, when he isn't exactly the most perfect person. I was wondering why they picked doctors and nurses other than following to the song. Maybe due to the fact that they're generally higher educated, therefor intelectual. Relating to, shock that generally smart people...or well informed in music or outside still listen intently.

"And it’s never been enough
I gave you blood, blood, blood
I’m the kind of human wreck that you love. "

Related that MCR keeps giving, and a lot, pouring their soul out...and people love it. That the crowd doesn't quite enjoy...but can relate to the music and all.

"I can’t control my self because I don’t know how"
Relating to how at times there has been a bit of feud inside and out of MCR and the music world. Or maybe the crowd/fans themselves cant control themselves.

My friend sean actualyl relates the song to the concept album . It's a bonus track...but it is on the album. He refers it to the guy in the hospital bed to the other people. He thinks blood, giving them hard time in the hospital and others are reaching out to him in respect, the red roses phrase. Possibly that he's not giving, but actually losing blood but is still making it through. He's the one who some had loved, while he's a wreck and fighting til the end.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into it, and it's just a fun song. But I beleive that evey MCR song has a lot to it, thats why I just endure the lyrics. Just two different sides put together, can't wait to hear everyones thoguhts.
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
February 4th, 2007 at 04:31am
LifeOnStandby:
This is one of my favorite MCR songs. I understand how all their songs sound quite different, but this one just stands out among them.

I thinkl its double meaned. That maybe the blood is a metaphor to the crowd/fans.

Then, towards MCR, I beleive the whole topic is relating to Gerrad. Due to drug usage in the past....but I'm not completely ontop of background stories so its just a outloud thought.

later on they mention doctors and nurses, so I'm guessing they can be relating that to the cooperation. But I think the cooperation is also being compared to the crowd, yet again. The crowd/fans send in their deepest respects and regrets to MCR, deffinitely while members are having struggle.

Then again it just might be in general, Doctors and the lot sympathize for you, along with others when you're ill. Maybe that dates towards Gerrad...<shrug>;

This is where I think my crowd/fan idea gets put together nicely. Shocked that they enjoy the music and their works, when he isn't exactly the most perfect person. I was wondering why they picked doctors and nurses other than following to the song. Maybe due to the fact that they're generally higher educated, therefor intelectual. Relating to, shock that generally smart people...or well informed in music or outside still listen intently.

Related that MCR keeps giving, and a lot, pouring their soul out...and people love it. That the crowd doesn't quite enjoy...but can relate to the music and all.

Relating to how at times there has been a bit of feud inside and out of MCR and the music world. Or maybe the crowd/fans themselves cant control themselves.

My friend sean actualyl relates the song to the concept album . It's a bonus track...but it is on the album. He refers it to the guy in the hospital bed to the other people. He thinks blood, giving them hard time in the hospital and others are reaching out to him in respect, the red roses phrase. Possibly that he's not giving, but actually losing blood but is still making it through. He's the one who some had loved, while he's a wreck and fighting til the end.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into it, and it's just a fun song. But I beleive that evey MCR song has a lot to it, thats why I just endure the lyrics. Just two different sides put together, can't wait to hear everyones thoguhts.
keep thinking deep, its good to read Very Happy
Inertiatic Esp.
Bleeding on the Floor
Inertiatic Esp.
February 4th, 2007 at 03:25pm
wow

thats perfect

i dont think anyone else thought that deep into it for such a little song
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
February 4th, 2007 at 05:45pm
I believe this song is about a mental patient in a hospital... Gerard said that when the patient went to the black parade (after death) he met a bunch of other dead people and learned the stories of their troubled lives... I think blood is the story of a mental patient... Hes talking about being obsessed about blood and how the doctors are always after him to keep him down but he miss interprets it as the doctors loving him... just a different view...
Silent_Whispers
Salute You in Your Grave
Silent_Whispers
February 5th, 2007 at 01:37pm
I really don't fully under stand this song, I understand the fact that the character is in a hospital, and that he is giving blood, I also think he has low self esteem, because of the line, " I'm such an awful f**k" so yea that is my view on this song
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
February 6th, 2007 at 04:53am
i say go with...dead_cry999 and LifeOnStandby...
i've read some of their other stuff, its all real good.

;]] \m/(>_<Wink\m/
ripper
Killjoy
ripper
February 6th, 2007 at 07:57pm
i thought that "blood" was the same as "kill all your friends".
Loonatic
Fabulous Killjoy
Loonatic
February 7th, 2007 at 07:00pm
LifeOnStandby:

Then again it just might be in general, Doctors and the lot sympathize for you, along with others when you're ill. Maybe that dates towards Gerrad...<shrug>

I never really thought of it like that.

OK, here's my enterpretation of the song.

"Well they encourage all complete cooperation,
Send you roses when they think you need to smile.
I can't control myself because I don't know how,
And they love me for it honestly, I'll be here for a while."

To me, the first line refers to the way the fans want their music. And the second line refers to how the fans support them when they're down. The third and fourth lines I think refers to Gerard's substance abuse and the way the fans relate to it and how they love the music so MCR will be around for a long time.

"So give them blood, blood, gallons of the stuff!
Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough.
So give them blood, blood, blood.
Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood!"

To me, the "blood" means MCR's music and how fans have a demand for it and no matter how much music they produce, some fans are still gonna want more. The "flood" might refer to future albums.

"A celebrated man amongst the gurneys.
They can fix me proper with a bit of luck.
The doctors and the nurses they adore me so,
But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful fuck. (Oh thank you!)"

Gurneys could refer to other bands and how MCR had risen the top of the music industry. The second line could refer to the way some people still look down on MCR's look and the subjects of their music. The doctors and the nurses I think means fans. The last line I think refers to the Gerard and MCR we don't see.

"I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff,
I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough.
I gave you blood, blood, blood,
I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love."

Again, blood = music and blah blah blah. But "I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love," I think refers to how the fans look up to Gerard for kicking his addictions.

That's my enterpretation of the song. Sorry if it doesn't make too much sense. But I can definately agree with you LifeOnStandby on most of the content of the song.
ChemicalReactions
Killjoy
ChemicalReactions
February 7th, 2007 at 08:10pm
Honestly, when I first heard it... I couldn't figure out if it was about a guy in a hopsital... or a vampire.

But this totally gave me something new to think about!!

Hahaha, nice!
Fluffy Bunny of Doom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Fluffy Bunny of Doom
February 7th, 2007 at 09:26pm
i totally agree with LifeOnStandby but at the same time i feel really confused.
The whole
song does remind me of the band and us fans.
Gee acts REALLY different on stage which would refer to the
"I can't control myself because i dont know how"
and we truely do love him for it
"And they love me for it honestly,i'll be here for a while."
Such a small song ,and yet it could have like a million different meanings.
x-Skittles
Killjoy
x-Skittles
February 10th, 2007 at 12:02am
I imagine that "blood" is connected to "blood, sweat and tears". Like, giving it all you've got. "I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff." I think that means I gave you all I had.
Alchemy's Ashes
Killjoy
Alchemy's Ashes
February 10th, 2007 at 02:42am
I absolutely love this song. It hits a little too close to home for me on a couple of levels. But that is why I love it.

I don't have cancer but a tumor. My last trip to the ER, I was stuck 11 times but they only got blood 3 times and put in 1 IV because I was so dehydrated. My arms were bruised for weeks. When they finally got my IV started they gave me some kind of good meds, I don't remember what it was, but I was so thankful. The first thing I did the next morning was call my mom to bring me my mp3 player so I could listen to MCR and not feel like such a freak.

Reason number 2: I was married for 8 years to a text book narcissist. I stayed with him because of religion. And as soon as I got sick, he thew me away like a broken toy. Coming out of that situation has been like crawling out of a cave at high noon. I took me a while to really see everything. I am also now a single mom by the way. I guess dad just couldn't be bothered for anything. 8 years of my life was wasted kissing his @ss and nothing was ever good enough. I really did try so hard. He was so angry but he had no idea that it was his own fault and not mine. Yeah, "gallons of the stuff, I gave you more than you could drink and it has never been enough" A very accurate metaphor for me. Now for catharsis I write poems about hell and axe murderers and blood that are also very accurate metaphors.

Gerard's struggle with depression is also inspiring for me because I have been there too. I am still there now. Seeing him conquer it and make something of his life helps me believe I can too. As soon as I am able, I plan to go back to college and finish my english degree. I can't see myself ever teaching but I have tons of material to write about now. I cannot let all those years be wasted just for nothing.

I am totally new here by the way. I have visited but never registered until today. Hello, I'm Londa. 'Alchemy's Ashes' is yet another metaphor. Nice to meet everyone!!!!
Mz. Gerard Way
Killjoy
Mz. Gerard Way
February 10th, 2007 at 06:45am
i think that doctors and the nurses are metaphores for the fans and the blood is supposed to represent the music... i may be wrong but i tried
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
February 10th, 2007 at 07:34am
Black-x-Tears:
I imagine that "blood" is connected to "blood, sweat and tears". Like, giving it all you've got. "I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff." I think that means I gave you all I had.

I was thinkin around the same lines....good job putting it across.

And I'm gonna have to go with Loonatic, I think he hit it on the bullseye.

It's impressive what a minute and half song can mean =P
oneoftheblackparade
Killjoy
oneoftheblackparade
February 10th, 2007 at 08:55pm
ok so heres what i think

(hi by the way :])

its about the patient going through Chemotherapy

"Well they encourage your complete cooperation"
the doctors want you to cooperate

"Send you roses when they think you need the smile"
people send you roses in the hospital

"And they love me for it honestly I'll be here for a while"
doctors dont exactly act mean to you when you're a paitent

"So give them blood, blood
Gallons of the stuff
Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough
So give them blood, blood, blood
Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood."
in Chemotherapy they take all your blood and switch it for good blood

"A celebrated man amongst the gurneys"
gurneys are the hospital bed thingys

"they can fix me proper with a bit of luck"
chemo paitents dont always live

"The doctors and the nurses they adore me so
But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful fuck (I hate you!)"
the doctors and nurses can't act mean to you they have to be nice [its part of their job]

"I gave you blood, blood
Gallons of the stuff
I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough
I gave you blood, blood, blood"
again in chemo you give your blood and get healthy blood

"i'm the kind of human wreckage that you love"
think about it
aren't big medical cases on the news and stuff??

so that's what i think about the song
Aww Sugar.
Killjoy
Aww Sugar.
February 10th, 2007 at 10:05pm
Wow!..I spose i never exectly thought of it like that before :S..all these song lyrics is quite confusin i mean all we can do really is guess. i do agree with oneoftheblackparade but the way i interperated it would have been pretty similar to black-x-tears...arghh! i dont know what to think anymore!! :S ..by the way hiii im new to allt his so thats why im babbling all this :]
Loonatic
Fabulous Killjoy
Loonatic
February 10th, 2007 at 11:12pm
LifeOnStandby:
Black-x-Tears:

I was thinkin around the same lines....good job putting it across.

And I'm gonna have to go with Loonatic, I think he hit it on the bullseye.

It's impressive what a minute and half song can mean =P

Heh. Imma girl! It's alright though. Oh well, nuff spam!
Golden Cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Golden Cat
February 12th, 2007 at 12:48pm
uh. well. It sorta reminds me of a Bible story.. Lollerskates.. Don't ask.
Juju132
Killjoy
Juju132
February 12th, 2007 at 08:51pm
I agree that
Im the kind of human wreckage that you love '
is for him kicking his addictions because I absolutly love him and I was able to kick my own addictions because of him.