Killjoy
bloo mon
December 12th, 2007 at 03:50pm
sweet
mcrisloveforever
Killjoy
mcrisloveforever
January 17th, 2008 at 11:34pm
This song was so easy for me to decipher. I have no idea if I am right, but I am pretty sure that I am. Sorry if I sound stuck-up, I'm not meaning to!

I think it's about Gerard's therapy. He says:
"A celebrate man amongst the gurneys"
Which means a famous man amongst the gurneys.
A gurney is a stretcher, which is what people lie on when they are sick.
When people are sick, they can go to a therapist.

"I gave them blood, blood / gallons of the stuff / I gave them all that they can drink and it has never been enough"
I think that the "blood" is information; stories and details about his past, things like that. He is giving details and information to these/this therapists/therapist, and they keep wanting more.

"The doctors and the nurses, they adore me so / But it's really quite alarming 'cause I'm such an awful fuck"
That's kind of self-explainatory [sp?]

I hope you all agree with me!
=]
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
January 26th, 2008 at 10:02am
This might be the way my mind works, but I thought it was about a psychopath. I thought he was in a mental hospital, and whilst he was in there he was killing the other people there. And he doesn't understand that it's wrong. I mean, the staff would have to be nice to him, and if he was psychologically fucked up, he might not realize this is part of their job. So, he tries to make them happy, by giving them blood, and killing more people, so he stays in the mental home, getting away with the murders on an insanity charge, and so thinks that he's loved by the doctors and that's why he's still there...
...I dunno, that might just be me...
Im Not Okay!!
Killjoy
Im Not Okay!!
January 27th, 2008 at 04:46pm
last day of school befor we break off for chrsitmas me and two other mcr luvin friends blast blood out in class nd scream the words out ... now even the teacher finds that funny esspesaly because one of them doesnt know the words!!
its funny!
EmoIsOkay
Killjoy
EmoIsOkay
January 28th, 2008 at 05:21pm
I thinks its about pain and how people are getting what ever they want and at worlds end they will want blood.............
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
January 29th, 2008 at 12:59am
the two opening lines are really great for me:

"They encourage your complete co-operation,
Give you roses when they think you need to smile."

well, the most obvious connection is in the context of a hospital. BuT i also look at it as a slightly deeper metaphor: u know, when the government or someone in authority thinks u are in danger of discontent or being unhappy enough with them to revolt, they shower you with under-the-table favours to shut you up..... & of course there are public displays too, like when they have just done smthing despicably corrupt so they present a large mock-cheque to some kindergarten or orphanage, to elevate themselves in the eyes of the ppl once more.

the words of Blood, then, would be from the viewpoint of someone who is not so easily fooled by false shows of kindness.

i dunno - what do u think?
cemetaryprotestlead
Killjoy
cemetaryprotestlead
February 1st, 2008 at 02:26pm
This song is about all the trouble that Gerard faced. The drugs and alcohol abuse. He talks about how he thinks it's funny that people encourage this behavior " well they encourage all complete cooperation". These fans cheer him on for ANYTHING no matter how sad or wrong it is < and he understands he's no saint> He also finds it ironic that when someone else does it, it wrong. People put down all those people out there with serious issues, then like it when he makes those mistakes. " I'm the kinda human wreakage that you love"
XxBlack MariahxX
Killjoy
XxBlack MariahxX
February 11th, 2008 at 02:25am
I think it may also run with gerard's idea of vampires (he uses them as a metaphor for people who use you to get what they want) becuase of the metaphor as blood for money or anything else that someone would want from you and bloods connection to vampires. Maybe it's a continuation of the story in vampires will never hrut you.
"well they encourage all complete coopteration send you roses whenthey think you need to smile, i can't control myself because i don't know how and they love me for it honestly i'll be here for a hwile" maybe the vampire are happy just as long as he does naything they tell him, and when he's upset or something they don't care WHY they jsut take the easy way of helpin ghim like roses or saying nice things, and even though he sees that all they want is his blood he can't control himself, he likes the attention from them and they love him for that because he's doing exactly what they want and becuase neither side wants to end it all he'll be doing what they want for a while.
"So give them blood blood gallons of the stuff give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough so give them blood blood blood, grab a glass becuase there's going to be a flood" Maybe they keep demanding more and more of his "blood" and will never be satisfied no matter what (greed) and they dont' care if they flood everyting in his body that's just cause for grabbing a glass to them
"a celebrated man amongst the gurneys, they can fix me proper with a bit of luck, the doctors and the nurses they adore me so but it's really quite alarming cuz i'm suck an awful f*ck (oh thank you)" a gurney is a hospital bed so maybe tehy've bitten him so many times htat he's in the hospital of vampires and with some luck they can fix him up and htey love him even though he's a ...not...nice...person beucase they don't care about his personality, just his blood.
"I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love" (i skipped some becuase i already covered it) now he's just a human wreck (enphasis on human becuase maybe tey'renot human cuz they're vampires) but it still doesn't matter, they still love him and adore him becuase he supplies them with what they want.
anyways that's just my interpretation, i didn't get it quoeted from gerard so it might always be wrong but it sort of makes sense to me this way =) btw most hteir songs have a metaphorical meaning and a true meaning, wha ti covered is just what i think the metaphorical meaning is. i agree that the ture meaning is about his drug use.
Infectious Insanity
Killjoy
Infectious Insanity
February 11th, 2008 at 02:23pm
this kinda reminds me of my friend whos really scared of needles. and gerard is too right? so maybe its just about his fear of needles. i dunno...
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
February 11th, 2008 at 10:35pm
how Gerard is deathly afraid of needles?
Infectious Insanity
Killjoy
Infectious Insanity
February 13th, 2008 at 01:56am
yea.... i dunno.. it kinda makes sense to me.. i guess
Romance_Is_Chemical
Killjoy
Romance_Is_Chemical
February 13th, 2008 at 04:11pm
I agree with all of you. I think it's mostly about how My Chemical Romance, the best band in the world, has given all they had again and again and again for us, the fans, who appreciate it to the highest level. The first time i heard this song, I thought it was probably the strangest, most retarded song ever written by anyone. Lol. Now I love it! Though I could only download the clean version that literally bleeps out the f word. It sounds so stupid, but I laugh every time I hear it and everyone just stares at me funny. ^_^ lol. Anyway...I'll shut up now. And by the way, I'm brand new to all this....So yeah. I'm just figuring out this website. xD Send me a message if you feel like it! <3
cemetaryprotestlead
Killjoy
cemetaryprotestlead
February 15th, 2008 at 02:13am
RE: I agree with all of you. I think it's mostly about how My Chemical Romance, the best band in the world, has given all they had again and again and again for us, the fans, who appreciate it to the highest level. The first time i heard this song, I thought it was probably the strangest, most retarded song ever written by anyone. Lol. Now I love it! Though I could only download the clean version that literally bleeps out the f word. It sounds so stupid, but I laugh every time I hear it and everyone just stares at me funny. ^_^ lol. Anyway...I'll shut up now. And by the way, I'm brand new to all this....So yeah. I'm just figuring out this website. xD Send me a message if you feel like it! <3

yup yup, that totally it
superhumangorilla
Jazz Hands
superhumangorilla
February 25th, 2008 at 07:31am
I think Blood is an interesting one, because it has a lot of meaning for such a small song.
I think it’s Gerard singing about himself and us.

‘Blood, blood galleons of the stuff…’ means, sweat and blood. As in, he’ll give all his sweat and blood onstage, but we will never have enough for the fans, because we’ll always want more.

‘I can’t control myself because I don’t know how…’ means while performing onstage, he can’t control what he’s doing, and that’s why we love him; because he’s crazy and unpredictable.

‘The doctors and the nurses…’ means we (fans) adore him and look up to him, but he doesn’t really understand why, because he doesn’t think he’s that great a person.

That’s just what I think, anyway…
GraveShiftSuz
Killjoy
GraveShiftSuz
February 28th, 2008 at 09:35pm
lol my friend Jackie she sings this song only she sings
"Milk Milk Gallons Of The Stuff"
XD
when she pours mik on her cerial
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 3rd, 2008 at 12:50am
GraveShiftSuz:
lol my friend Jackie she sings this song only she sings
"Milk Milk Gallons Of The Stuff"
XD
when she pours mik on her cerial

LOL

whenever someone mentions the movie 'There Will Be Blood', I always sing the Blood lyrics. Too bad most ppl don't know it...they probly think i'm making up a silly song Razz
DisenchantedGirl
Killjoy
DisenchantedGirl
March 18th, 2008 at 01:23am
I never really thought of it as deeply as you guys do. Basically, when I hear the song, I get this mental picture of the patient, and those nurses from the Welcome To The Black Parade video, except the nurses are like vampires, and they're taking his blood. But I'm pretty sure theres a deeper meaning to it then that.
Hellia
Killjoy
Hellia
March 18th, 2008 at 09:19am
I always think that this song have deep meaning. My friends and I like to sing it but only I know words. Funny?
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
March 19th, 2008 at 01:44am
Me and my dodgy mind thought that "I'm such and awful fuck" was meant to be taken literally. Because, you know, from what I've observed, if you're bad in bed, then whoever you've slept with tells all their friends, and they tell all their friends, until you're legendarily bad in bed and nobody likes you because you're such an awful fuck. >.<
xixamXaddictedX2uhun
Killjoy
xixamXaddictedX2uhun
March 30th, 2008 at 06:03pm
i think that its talkin about donating blood and how people are allways gonna need it and they are still gonna beg for more. also i could have a connection with vampires idk mayb?