Don't have an account? Create one!

Blood

AuthorMessage
xixamXaddictedX2uhun
Killjoy
xixamXaddictedX2uhun
March 30th, 2008 at 06:05pm
skelanimal.:
how Gerard is deathly afraid of needles?

Lol very funny. he could b. mayb thats y he uses sharpies to make tattoos instead of actually getting one Mr. Green
DISENCHANTEDLJD
Killjoy
DISENCHANTEDLJD
April 19th, 2008 at 11:47pm
i think it means how he was beaten or struck through his life Twisted Evil
an how he has haaaaad to go to the hospital so many times that he knos a lot of the nurses and doctor s there and how other people owe him the blood an how they dont stop withtheir ignorance and stupididty for which " it has never been enough" comes.oh yeah and is people who have struck him i mean people against emos and goths or people against our music and possibly even rebellious teenagers who have never given any one like them (us) a break. Crying or Very sad
x_DeathOnLegs_x
Killjoy
x_DeathOnLegs_x
April 22nd, 2008 at 09:31am
"Blood" is the song at the very end of the CD "The Black Parade" yes?
if so...
i LOVE that song!! it's really good
MCRtist
Killjoy
MCRtist
April 30th, 2008 at 06:29pm
i personally think that blood might be reffering to love or affection. idk, just thinking out loud. =]
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 30th, 2008 at 06:37pm
I have no real opinon on the actual lyrics of the song, just that its a dark and satrical epilauge. But I can reflect upon the following; Gerard has said that "they try to combine the light and dark sides of MCR together" This song does that nicely as it comes right after FLW which is quite the inspirational and uplifting song. Also, it seams as kind of a traditon in the sophisicated music world to end your piece with a slight musical blurb once the curtain has gone down. Much like "Her Majesty" at the end of the White Album ~ Rex
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
April 30th, 2008 at 07:36pm
Wow.
People interprited this in ways I never would have.
Awesome.

I don't think I would have ever thought of this as being about the fans and the band and their music...
I understood the lyrics in a completely different way. Basically, I felt this song was about two lovers, the man giving his woman everything she ever wanted, and it never being good enoughf or her; her taking advantage of him, basically. Maybe more on the concept of Three Cheers than The Black Parade. But, either way. That's just how I interprited it. I don't really know why. And reading your guys' opinions of the song being about the fans and the music makes more sense anyway. But, that's just not what I got when I first heard it ...

I gave you blood, blood
Gallons of the stuff
I gave you all that you could drink
And it has never been enough
I gave you blood, blood, blood
I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love

That's basically what gave me the idea about it being about the demolition lovers, so to speak.
But that's just how my mind works I guess Very Happy lol
secretsocietylovr
Killjoy
secretsocietylovr
June 4th, 2008 at 10:32pm
you could be right, and i could be totally wrong. but i thought it was about being in da hospital and the nurses are like, evil cause they want your blood. and there fake and plastic.

idk. thats what i always thought..................... Smiley haha. i like that smiley.......
ThexVampiresxKiss
Killjoy
ThexVampiresxKiss
June 5th, 2008 at 08:15pm
"Again, blood = music and blah blah blah. But "I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love," I think refers to how the fans look up to Gerard for kicking his addictions."

I think I really like this part, because i do look up to him for that. I've never been through it, but I have lost family to drugs, and I know that it is really hard to get over an addiction.

I love all the theories on here. They are all so true, and I agree with alot of them.
imWAYaddicted
Killjoy
imWAYaddicted
June 5th, 2008 at 11:23pm
Loonatic:
LifeOnStandby:
This is one of my favorite MCR songs. I understand how all their songs sound quite different, but this one just stands out among them.

I think the song is generally about their fans/crowd.
"When they love me for it honestly, I’ll be here for a while
So give the blood, blood, gallons of the stuff"

I thinkl its double meaned. That maybe the blood is a metaphor to the crowd/fans.

" celebrated man amongst the gurney’s" ^supporting last detail.

Then, towards MCR, I beleive the whole topic is relating to Gerrad. Due to drug usage in the past....but I'm not completely ontop of background stories so its just a outloud thought.

"Well they encourage a complete cooperation
Send you roses when they think you need to smile"

later on they mention doctors and nurses, so I'm guessing they can be relating that to the cooperation. But I think the cooperation is also being compared to the crowd, yet again. The crowd/fans send in their deepest respects and regrets to MCR, deffinitely while members are having struggle.

Then again it just might be in general, Doctors and the lot sympathize for you, along with others when you're ill. Maybe that dates towards Gerrad...<shrug>

"The doctors and the nurses, they adore me so
But it’s really quite alarming
‘Cause im such an awful f**k"

This is where I think my crowd/fan idea gets put together nicely. Shocked that they enjoy the music and their works, when he isn't exactly the most perfect person. I was wondering why they picked doctors and nurses other than following to the song. Maybe due to the fact that they're generally higher educated, therefor intelectual. Relating to, shock that generally smart people...or well informed in music or outside still listen intently.

"And it’s never been enough
I gave you blood, blood, blood
I’m the kind of human wreck that you love. "

Related that MCR keeps giving, and a lot, pouring their soul out...and people love it. That the crowd doesn't quite enjoy...but can relate to the music and all.

"I can’t control my self because I don’t know how"
Relating to how at times there has been a bit of feud inside and out of MCR and the music world. Or maybe the crowd/fans themselves cant control themselves.

My friend sean actualyl relates the song to the concept album . It's a bonus track...but it is on the album. He refers it to the guy in the hospital bed to the other people. He thinks blood, giving them hard time in the hospital and others are reaching out to him in respect, the red roses phrase. Possibly that he's not giving, but actually losing blood but is still making it through. He's the one who some had loved, while he's a wreck and fighting til the end.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into it, and it's just a fun song. But I beleive that evey MCR song has a lot to it, thats why I just endure the lyrics. Just two different sides put together, can't wait to hear everyones thoguhts.

I never really thought of it like that.

OK, here's my enterpretation of the song.

"Well they encourage all complete cooperation,
Send you roses when they think you need to smile.
I can't control myself because I don't know how,
And they love me for it honestly, I'll be here for a while."

To me, the first line refers to the way the fans want their music. And the second line refers to how the fans support them when they're down. The third and fourth lines I think refers to Gerard's substance abuse and the way the fans relate to it and how they love the music so MCR will be around for a long time.

"So give them blood, blood, gallons of the stuff!
Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough.
So give them blood, blood, blood.
Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood!"

To me, the "blood" means MCR's music and how fans have a demand for it and no matter how much music they produce, some fans are still gonna want more. The "flood" might refer to future albums.

"A celebrated man amongst the gurneys.
They can fix me proper with a bit of luck.
The doctors and the nurses they adore me so,
But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful fuck. (Oh thank you!)"

Gurneys could refer to other bands and how MCR had risen the top of the music industry. The second line could refer to the way some people still look down on MCR's look and the subjects of their music. The doctors and the nurses I think means fans. The last line I think refers to the Gerard and MCR we don't see.

"I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff,
I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough.
I gave you blood, blood, blood,
I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love."

Again, blood = music and blah blah blah. But "I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love," I think refers to how the fans look up to Gerard for kicking his addictions.

That's my enterpretation of the song. Sorry if it doesn't make too much sense. But I can definately agree with you LifeOnStandby on most of the content of the song.

well i never really thought of it that way, but i agree with what you said! how the line "send you roses when the think you need to smile" is like the fan mail and all the signs of appreciation they recieve. "i cant control myself because i dont know how, but they love me for it honestly i'll be here for awhile"- i believe the first part is in relation to Gerard's past addictions...but how the fans still love the band for what they are, and that the band will be around for awhile. i also agree that blood refers to music: "give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough...grab a glass because theres going to be a flood!"- they're going to continue making music and we better sure as hell be ready for it!
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
July 28th, 2008 at 11:18am
This song means that you could be so mean to people and some others could give and give and either way people will like you either way.
Eight Bitter Years.
Killjoy
Eight Bitter Years.
July 29th, 2008 at 11:18pm
I think that this might be about giving blood lke to blood drive but in a more gruesome way. but thatswhy we love them! Also the "Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood" part might be about people that were injured in natural disasters like katrina. But im not really sure so dont take my word for it Very Happy.
Eight Bitter Years.
Killjoy
Eight Bitter Years.
July 29th, 2008 at 11:18pm
I think that this might be about giving blood lke to blood drive but in a more gruesome way. but thatswhy we love them! Also the "Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood" part might be about people that were injured in natural disasters like katrina. But im not really sure so dont take my word for it Very Happy.
Eight Bitter Years.
Killjoy
Eight Bitter Years.
July 29th, 2008 at 11:19pm
Eight Bitter Years.
Killjoy
Eight Bitter Years.
Eight Bitter Years.
Killjoy
Eight Bitter Years.
You_Wont_FEel_aTHing
Killjoy
You_Wont_FEel_aTHing
July 31st, 2008 at 12:10am
I think that Blood is about someone wanting too much out of someone.

~Send you roses when they think you need to smile~
I think that line means that this person is nice to you only when they are wanting to get something out of you...

So i think that blood is used as a metaphor for what the person is taking. Idk about this part but when doctors take alot of blood from you, you feel weak, and i think that goes the same for a person who is taking advantage of you.

~Im the kind of human wreckage that you love~
I think that means that he is willing to give this person whatever they want and it makes him a wreck.

I dont know its a short song and thats just what it makes me think about
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
July 31st, 2008 at 07:03pm
i thought it was how hard gerard works and the rest of the band work to put out this soul drenched song. when he said "i'm the kind of human wreck you love" I believe it's about Gerard because he's not perfect but we love him to death anyway
Elmo Heart
Killjoy
Elmo Heart
August 13th, 2008 at 07:52am
This is funny enough a prologue to the album. It the patient remembering all the blood tastes he's had to do for the hospital. It's also about how much strain he had to go through.
Hospital was only concerned about the blood tests and not him.

"Well they encourage your complete co-operation. Send you roses when they think you need to smile."

There's a sense that the patient doesn't care anymore and he just does what he's told.

"So give them blood..."

So much blood being taking out of him has left him woozy and light headed as he thinks "there's going to be a flood".
Fan4Life17
Killjoy
Fan4Life17
August 29th, 2008 at 07:47pm
I think this song is about a person in a hospital who donated blood.
They put roses in his room to make him smile.
He knows that he'll be there for a while.
He doesn't want to donate blood. It seems like he was forced to.
He isn't cooperating eather.
No one donated blood for a while so the doctors and nurses like him alot.
They take a lot of blood, so much that there's enough to drink.
Heguesses people would like that kind of person who went through all of that.
Very Happy

This is not something i got from another website. I got this from myself and from listening to it once or twice.
XmychildishromanceX
Killjoy
XmychildishromanceX
September 4th, 2008 at 03:45am
hmm.. thinking deepy into this song, i would have to agree with imWAYaddicted on the song interpretation. makes sense all and all. hehe =)

its all about the fanbase, the music, what the band is going through (possibly), and you know all that stuff. but i could be wrong as well. that is what makes sense to me.