Don't have an account? Create one!

Blood

AuthorMessage
Roses Ablaze
Killjoy
Roses Ablaze
September 24th, 2008 at 12:49pm
Gerard commented that "Famous Last Words" could possibly be interpreted as the patient deciding to live and keep on fighting after all. I interpret "Blood" as the patient waking up in the hospital but having to stay for a long time afterwards because of his poor health, and always having to give blood for various tests, etc.
Andro Killjoy
Killjoy
Andro Killjoy
October 17th, 2008 at 03:44pm
'Blood' I'ts a nice song.
It's not like they other songs..
But I think it's cool!
Andro Killjoy
Killjoy
Andro Killjoy
October 17th, 2008 at 03:45pm
'Blood' I'ts a nice song.
It's not like they other songs..
But I think it's cool!
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
October 18th, 2008 at 07:02am
i tihnk its the patient getting fed up with all the tests and everything they are getting and just hoping its over
bleeding_rose
Killjoy
bleeding_rose
October 18th, 2008 at 09:56pm
blood is one of my fave songs and i think it has something to do with what dead_cry999 with the mental patient and the doctors send me a message and we could discuss this furter
TheSaneAbandonedMe
Killjoy
TheSaneAbandonedMe
October 20th, 2008 at 01:54pm
i think it has 2 meanings.

one is like what nevergetmealive said. about the patient being sick of just giving blood and tests and stuff.

the other i think is just Gerard.
"i can't control myself because i don't know how" (c'mon we all know Gerard is crazy)
"and they love me for it" (and we don love his crazyness)
"honestly, i'll be here for a while" (he being making more music for a while [yay!])
"the doctors and the nurses they adore me so but its really quite alarming 'cause i'm such an awful fuck" (mcr fans adore him even though he thinks he is an awful fuck)
Mello
Bleeding on the Floor
Mello
October 22nd, 2008 at 11:58am
I think it doesn't mean anything. It's just hilarious and fun to sing along to.
MCR-rules112
Killjoy
MCR-rules112
October 31st, 2008 at 07:27pm
I think they are talking about the fans/crowds
"I give you all that you can drink and i has never been enough"
thay give us songs we can listen to and we never get enough of them and they are the kind of human wreckages that we love
xHarlequin360x
Killjoy
xHarlequin360x
November 8th, 2008 at 08:19pm
To me, it's just a silly hidden song on the cd. I like it! For some reason i find it funny....... Mr. Green I'm sure it has a deep meaning of some sort, but I don't feel like exploring.
thefallenone
Killjoy
thefallenone
November 13th, 2008 at 05:51pm
well in my perspective.
i know that in the past few albums MCR used vampires as a metaphor for someone who is and/or has taken something from you, maybe like someone who picked on you through childhood or w/e the case may be.
If you think deep enough, vampires drink blood.
" i gave them blood, blood gallons of the stuff, I gave them all that that can drink and they havent had enough..."
so i think, generally its about the reality of living an alternative lifestyle.
and how rough it can be, as a teen or an adult.
and that the ppl that do that kind of stuff. never stop.
thefallenone
Killjoy
thefallenone
November 13th, 2008 at 05:53pm
"I give you all that you can drink and it has never been enough"

^^ thats wat i ment on the lyrics xDD
Mrs.GerardWayCullen
Killjoy
Mrs.GerardWayCullen
November 25th, 2008 at 10:33pm
I thought that "Blood" was just a fun song but I think it has a deep meaning also.-------------
"THE FORBIDEN FURIT ALWAYS TASTE THE SWEETEST"
TWILIGHT
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
November 26th, 2008 at 10:32pm
who is it "ooh"-ing in the background? i kinda think its ray, just cuz i can imagine him doin it, but doesnt anyone know?
KillinGxWisH
Killjoy
KillinGxWisH
December 3rd, 2008 at 02:20pm
i think it's about the doctors . I hate doctors and I'm scared of needles . XD
anyway ... yeah i think it's about doctors who want your blood and you give them blood and it's never enough . XD
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
December 4th, 2008 at 01:14pm
I'm not the right person to analyze every line, but here's some of my thoughts.

I can't help but think that this is about how people just love misery.
There's this weird attraction to other people's misery, and just misery in general.
So in my therory, blood could be a metaphore for misery and suffering.
"Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough
Give them blood, blood, blood"

People gossip about things 24/7, but it's never enough - they always want to hear more nasty details.

"Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood."
A way to say "if you want the true story, then here you go!"? Possibly what Gerard felt when he decided to tell the whole story about his alcohol abuse (of course he didn't tell the world everything, but you know what I mean).

"The doctors and the nurses they adore me so
But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful f**k"

No matter what kind of person you are, when something horrible happens (getting sick, loosing a friend/family member etc) people start to tip-toe around you. I can imagine that would be pretty 'alarming'.

I love this song. It's so theatrical and different from the other songs
RedXFullXMoon
Killjoy
RedXFullXMoon
December 5th, 2008 at 08:33am
In my opinion, this song is simple and awesome. This is the last journey of the patient's life.So, he might be give up and give his blood voluntarily. Idk, why MCR makes short difficult song....
Maddie IsNotOk
Killjoy
Maddie IsNotOk
December 6th, 2008 at 09:03pm
i love this song soo much!!!!!! giving into my twilight loving side i'd say its about vampires but i think the meaning is much deeper than that! but really i dont think the band really wants you to know what it means. it means what it means to you. it's just your creativity that they want to unleash!
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
December 7th, 2008 at 07:49am
^^^ wow, that is possibly the best song meaning thing I've read. I agree
el_david
Killjoy
el_david
December 24th, 2008 at 10:33am
LifeOnStandby:
This is one of my favorite MCR songs. I understand how all their songs sound quite different, but this one just stands out among them.

I think the song is generally about their fans/crowd.
"When they love me for it honestly, I’ll be here for a while
So give the blood, blood, gallons of the stuff"

I thinkl its double meaned. That maybe the blood is a metaphor to the crowd/fans.

" celebrated man amongst the gurney’s" ^supporting last detail.

Then, towards MCR, I beleive the whole topic is relating to Gerrad. Due to drug usage in the past....but I'm not completely ontop of background stories so its just a outloud thought.

"Well they encourage a complete cooperation
Send you roses when they think you need to smile"

later on they mention doctors and nurses, so I'm guessing they can be relating that to the cooperation. But I think the cooperation is also being compared to the crowd, yet again. The crowd/fans send in their deepest respects and regrets to MCR, deffinitely while members are having struggle.

Then again it just might be in general, Doctors and the lot sympathize for you, along with others when you're ill. Maybe that dates towards Gerrad...<shrug>

"The doctors and the nurses, they adore me so
But it’s really quite alarming
‘Cause im such an awful f**k"

This is where I think my crowd/fan idea gets put together nicely. Shocked that they enjoy the music and their works, when he isn't exactly the most perfect person. I was wondering why they picked doctors and nurses other than following to the song. Maybe due to the fact that they're generally higher educated, therefor intelectual. Relating to, shock that generally smart people...or well informed in music or outside still listen intently.

"And it’s never been enough
I gave you blood, blood, blood
I’m the kind of human wreck that you love. "

Related that MCR keeps giving, and a lot, pouring their soul out...and people love it. That the crowd doesn't quite enjoy...but can relate to the music and all.

"I can’t control my self because I don’t know how"
Relating to how at times there has been a bit of feud inside and out of MCR and the music world. Or maybe the crowd/fans themselves cant control themselves.

My friend sean actualyl relates the song to the concept album . It's a bonus track...but it is on the album. He refers it to the guy in the hospital bed to the other people. He thinks blood, giving them hard time in the hospital and others are reaching out to him in respect, the red roses phrase. Possibly that he's not giving, but actually losing blood but is still making it through. He's the one who some had loved, while he's a wreck and fighting til the end.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into it, and it's just a fun song. But I beleive that evey MCR song has a lot to it, thats why I just endure the lyrics. Just two different sides put together, can't wait to hear everyones thoguhts.
It's perfect. Both song and this comment Clap
EMILYATTACK!
Killjoy
EMILYATTACK!
June 12th, 2009 at 06:13pm
I think this song is about "the patient" and how he goes into the hospital and refers to the doctors and nurses as vampires because there always taking his blood away and its never enough for them.