Don't have an account? Create one!

Blood

AuthorMessage
Stand By Ure Beliefs
Fabulous Killjoy
Stand By Ure Beliefs
August 9th, 2009 at 06:28pm
x-Skittles:
I imagine that "blood" is connected to "blood, sweat and tears". Like, giving it all you've got. "I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff." I think that means I gave you all I had.

i agree with the first part but i also think that 'i gave you all that you could drink and it has never been enough' means i gave you all i had and it isnt good enough for you or i gave you all i had but it still isnt enough for you
Black Dawn
Killjoy
Black Dawn
August 11th, 2009 at 05:42pm
i think its about possibly a patient in hospital, and people coming to visit him and bringing him gifts because they think it will make everything better. and maybe giving people love or blood transfusions, but not sure
behereforawhile
Killjoy
behereforawhile
September 23rd, 2009 at 02:12pm
this might be weird, but this song has so much meaning behind it (in my opinion) its effing incredible! :

Well they encourage your complete cooperation
Send you roses when they think you need to smile
I can't control myself because I don't know how
And they love me for it honestly I'll be here for a while

I think this is talking about how the fans are so supportive. and the "I can't control..." line in sone of my favs. i think that one means we (the fans duh) lovve it when he freaks out on stage, or does something crazy, hence the :And they love me for it..." they are also showing that hey know their fans will support them for like, ever.

So give them blood, blood
Gallons of the stuff
Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough
Give them blood, blood, blood
Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood.

This is saying that theyre out blood, (well for me anyway their music gets me through the day :]) So they want to give us more and more so were happy.

A celebrated man amongst the gurneys
They can fix me proper with a bit of luck
The doctors and the nurses they adore me so
But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful f**k (why thank you!)

I thin kthis means how they can't believe how the fans love and suppport them as much as we do ;]

I think i got the main point i wanted to asy, but over all i think its about : We are their blood, and they are ours. ;]
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
October 11th, 2009 at 02:22pm
I don't understand why they never acknowledge it.
RiN x3
Killjoy
RiN x3
October 29th, 2009 at 10:02pm
This song for me it’s about war. And hospitals. War or other types of killing are in a conspiracy with the hospital cause the more killings and “blood” the more money or whatever the hospital gets. For me it says it all in this lines:
“A CELEBRATED MAN AMONGST THE GURNEYS.
THEY CAN FIX ME PROPER WITH A BIT OF LUCK.
THE DOCTORS AND THE NURSES THEY ADORE ME SO,
BUT ITS REALLY QUITE ALARMING CAUSE IM SUCH AN AWFUL FUCK. (OH THANK YOU!)”
It’s like there’s this man that’s injure and when it says “they can fix him proper with a bit of luck” for me is a metaphor for “a bit of money “ . And then the killer says that the doctors and the nurses adore him cause if there weren’t people hurt the doctors and all the employees of a hospital wouldn’t have there money or whatever. Or something like that. That’s my opinion. Maybe I got it all wrong but I’m almost sure its about war or something.
squirmyegg
Killjoy
squirmyegg
November 16th, 2009 at 05:46pm
when i first heard this song, my first thought was twilight. that was when i was really preppy. but now i think of what all of you are saying, about how they eep doing all the songs and stuff. and the fans want more.
squirmyegg
Killjoy
squirmyegg
November 16th, 2009 at 06:33pm
Maddie IsNotOk:
i love this song soo much!!!!!! giving into my twilight loving side i'd say its about vampires but i think the meaning is much deeper than that! but really i dont think the band really wants you to know what it means. it means what it means to you. it's just your creativity that they want to unleash!

they probably dont want you to know what it means, because lots of their songs are complicated. they make panic at the disco easy to figure out! and they need multiple people and comments on youtube t figure them out, because of the way ryan writes, even though they tell us most of the time. maybe the dont want you to know, because, i dont know why. maybe they just want something to keep to themselves. or they want the fans to figure it out themselves.
Pansy Wayero
Jazz Hands
Pansy Wayero
December 24th, 2009 at 09:17am
i think this is about anyone in life who just takes and takes from you without giving back anything.

true i like the idea of it being about gerard and the band but personally whenever i sing this song i think of all the hateful people who pretended to be my friend/ used me 'they encourage all complete cooperation'. (i had a few so called friends in skool who encouraged me to steal from shops)

also the line 'im the kind of human wreckage that you love' could relate to gerard but could also relate to someone who feels like their life is a mess and cant understand why they are loved. (i.e someone like me, i feel like im a mess but im still loved by my fam and friends and i cant understand y they dont hate me)
AllApologies451994
Killjoy
AllApologies451994
December 24th, 2009 at 05:16pm
Here's what I think:

"Well they encourage your complete cooperation
Send you roses when they think you need to smile"

It's used as a metaphor. Maybe there are two kids who aren't really getting along well, and one stands up to the other. Some people are telling you two that you should try to get along, but others are glad you stood up for yourself.

"I can't control myself because I don't know how
And they love me for it
Honestly I'll be here for a while."

You can't really control your anger towards your friend/whoever that other person is, and some people really admire how you stand up to them.

"I gave you blood, blood
Gallons of the stuff
Give you all that you can drink and it has never been enough
I gave you blood, blood, blood
Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood."

This part is specifically talking to the person who had been bullying you. Meaning, I've put up with your crap so long, and I'm sick and tired of it, and I'm just not dealing with it anymore.

"They celebrated man amongst the gurney
They can fix me proper with a bit of luck"

Not so sure about that part, but I think it means something like that other person has broken you down, and everyone else is trying to back you up and help you through it.

"The doctors and the nurses they adore me so
But it's really quite alarming
'Cause I'm such an awful ****"

Another metaphor. People are trying to comfort you, but you're downing yourself because if the bully doesn't like you, why should anyone else? Well, that's what I got out of it, anyways. Hope this helps Smile
ejj011
Killjoy
ejj011
March 14th, 2010 at 03:51pm
i thought it was about vampires, when i first listened to it i thought it was about a patient, but then i thought what kind of patient gives blood? blood donators, but i thought it meant like him giving his blood for vampires or something because "Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough." thats like saying i gave them my blood to drink but it will never be enough for them. But i like the other one saying about the two meaning of the fans wanting more from MCR
Fear.Regret
Jazz Hands
Fear.Regret
July 23rd, 2010 at 11:06am
I really can't understand how this song is connected with the patient...
Gerard himself said that he don't know if the patient dies of if he can recover from his illness in fact in the last song (famous last words) is not clear the patient destiny.
NJxMCRMY
Killjoy
NJxMCRMY
July 23rd, 2010 at 05:42pm
Blood donations! i gave you gallons of blood. Or some kind of vampire song. I'm gonna go with blood donations though.
VoodooCapgun
Killjoy
VoodooCapgun
September 8th, 2011 at 04:24pm
I always liked to think that the song is about a patient in a mental hospital. He's obsessed with blood, but none of the staff understand that it's because he's a vampire. He fakes being insane to get into the mental hospital, which isn't difficult for him, since he's already a little messed up from the transition from human to vampire.The only people who know the truth (besides himself) are a couple doctors and nurses who are also secretly vampires. They smuggle bags of blood to him so he doesn't flip out.
Danger Dust
Killjoy
Danger Dust
December 21st, 2011 at 11:42pm
The meaning of the song, (I know this as a fact) After the Black Parade, and watching his brother die (The Ghost Of You) he (Gerard) went insane. He was taken to a hospital, and lived on the "mental health" part. But, back when The Black Parade suposovly took place (no, not 2005) they would use the people in the Mental part as blood banks. Gerard, being a patient in his insanity, found it halarious how he was a blood bank, against his will. Hence the verses "The doctors and the nurses they adore me so."
"Im, the, kind of human wreckage that ya love!" and "I cant control myself because I dont know how."
Zookrates
Killjoy
Zookrates
June 3rd, 2013 at 04:50pm
I always thought it was about being taken advantage of.

There's this guy on a hospital, and the staff keeps using him, stealing his blood, without asking for his permission, and he starts noticing and starts imagining the doctors and the nurses drinking it, therefor "Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough.
So give them blood, blood, blood."

But I might take ut too litterally.

But I think it's basically about being taken advantage of.