Don't have an account? Create one!

Blood

AuthorMessage
The Deranged Child
Fabulous Killjoy
The Deranged Child
April 3rd, 2007 at 12:27pm
Muted Scream:
after reading others interpretations, i'm gonna have to agree with the whole music scene with the fans, media, and touring, even if that isn't the real meaning of the song, i like that one.
i think i agree with this statement. i mean , i herd they give it all when they perform soooooo.... yah....... LONG LIVE GERARD!
MCR saved meee
Killjoy
MCR saved meee
April 6th, 2007 at 12:49am
i think it means that no matter how much you give it will never be enough.

*)%(*)$ilovegerard*$)%*$)(^
aliveordeadx3
Killjoy
aliveordeadx3
April 8th, 2007 at 10:25am
i love this sooo much"i can't control myself because i don't know how" omg i love it<3 Clap cheers
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
April 8th, 2007 at 01:50pm
I think the lyric "I can’t control my self because I don’t know how" IS related to When He was On drugs etc . any1 agree?
alzypow. THE END.
Fabulous Killjoy
alzypow. THE END.
April 10th, 2007 at 06:31am
hurtyousold:
I think the lyric "I can’t control my self because I don’t know how" IS related to When He was On drugs etc . any1 agree?

Yeah, I think so too
I think it's just a general song to sum up MCR
ray-toro-is-god
Killjoy
ray-toro-is-god
April 12th, 2007 at 11:10am
i think it;s juat saying that no matter how much you give to people it's never gonna be enough,that no matter how nice they are to you,they will always want more than what you can give them...but thats just me focusing on the chorus
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
April 12th, 2007 at 11:58am
i think it comes down to Gerard expressing something. It could be the drinking. Most likely. I think blood symbolizes booze though. you know? I mean like in Life on the murder scene... you saw him getting sick any1 else think so?
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
April 12th, 2007 at 07:34pm
oh i got something else to add...when Gerard talks about the doctors and stuff......rehab......
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 19th, 2007 at 12:40am
this song isn't Mysterious, it's Dark Humor. That's it.look, "Blood!!"
by My Chemical Romance; Album: The Black Parade;

"Well, <this from the point of view of the Doner, at Blood Bank!>
"They encourage your complete co-operation
Give you roses when they think you need a Smile
I can't control myself because I Don't know how!
& They love me for it honestly! : <Human blood is Always in Demand, (more, lately,) >
I'll Be Here for a While!

I give them Blood!, Blood!
Gallons of the stuff!
Give them all that they can drink & It will never be Enough!
So give them Blood!, Blood BLOOD!...
Now,
the point of view switches to Patient receiving the Doner's bloodd/!!> "A celebrated man
amongst the gurneys
They can Fix me "Proper "
with a bit of luck,
The Doctors and the Nurses, they adore me so
But it's Really Quite alarming, cuz I'm such an awful Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucck! (I thank you);
<F(u).C.C. Just Loves this part!>
I,gave them Blood!, Blood!Gallons of the stuff!
I Gave you all that you can drink & It Has never be Enough!, gave
Blood!, Blood, BlOOOD!
I'm the Kind of Human WReckage that U Love!! < Donor or Receiver//?>
> " Nothing
You sure?
Yepp
Look up!
Oh SHIT"
<
Ha Ha
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
April 19th, 2007 at 05:26pm
...., thanks for the rather constructive post tox
gerardwayfan101
Killjoy
gerardwayfan101
April 19th, 2007 at 05:43pm
i agree with life on standby. this is one of my favorie mcr songs 2. its great i think they made it 2 be funny but seroius about blood at the same time Very Happy
gerardwayfan101
Killjoy
gerardwayfan101
April 19th, 2007 at 05:44pm
i agree with life on standby. this is one of my favorie mcr songs 2. its great i think they made it 2 be funny but seroius about blood at the same time Very Happy
xodemolition-loverox
Killjoy
xodemolition-loverox
April 21st, 2007 at 04:19am
thats an intriging point
firephoenix0013
Killjoy
firephoenix0013
April 21st, 2007 at 11:58am
LifeOnStandby:
This is one of my favorite MCR songs. I understand how all their songs sound quite different, but this one just stands out among them.

I think the song is generally about their fans/crowd.
"When they love me for it honestly, I’ll be here for a while
So give the blood, blood, gallons of the stuff"

I thinkl its double meaned. That maybe the blood is a metaphor to the crowd/fans.

" celebrated man amongst the gurney’s" ^supporting last detail.

Then, towards MCR, I beleive the whole topic is relating to Gerrad. Due to drug usage in the past....but I'm not completely ontop of background stories so its just a outloud thought.

"Well they encourage a complete cooperation
Send you roses when they think you need to smile"

later on they mention doctors and nurses, so I'm guessing they can be relating that to the cooperation. But I think the cooperation is also being compared to the crowd, yet again. The crowd/fans send in their deepest respects and regrets to MCR, deffinitely while members are having struggle.

Then again it just might be in general, Doctors and the lot sympathize for you, along with others when you're ill. Maybe that dates towards Gerrad...<shrug>

"The doctors and the nurses, they adore me so
But it’s really quite alarming
‘Cause im such an awful f**k"

This is where I think my crowd/fan idea gets put together nicely. Shocked that they enjoy the music and their works, when he isn't exactly the most perfect person. I was wondering why they picked doctors and nurses other than following to the song. Maybe due to the fact that they're generally higher educated, therefor intelectual. Relating to, shock that generally smart people...or well informed in music or outside still listen intently.

"And it’s never been enough
I gave you blood, blood, blood
I’m the kind of human wreck that you love. "

Related that MCR keeps giving, and a lot, pouring their soul out...and people love it. That the crowd doesn't quite enjoy...but can relate to the music and all.

"I can’t control my self because I don’t know how"
Relating to how at times there has been a bit of feud inside and out of MCR and the music world. Or maybe the crowd/fans themselves cant control themselves.

My friend sean actualyl relates the song to the concept album . It's a bonus track...but it is on the album. He refers it to the guy in the hospital bed to the other people. He thinks blood, giving them hard time in the hospital and others are reaching out to him in respect, the red roses phrase. Possibly that he's not giving, but actually losing blood but is still making it through. He's the one who some had loved, while he's a wreck and fighting til the end.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into it, and it's just a fun song. But I beleive that evey MCR song has a lot to it, thats why I just endure the lyrics. Just two different sides put together, can't wait to hear everyones thoguhts.

I agree, except for I think the "blood" is refering to their music.

Blood, blood, gallons of the stuff
Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough
-People are drinking in their music and can't get enough of it

I also the doctors and nurses refer to the fans

The doctors and the nurses they adore me so
But it's really quite alarming 'cause I'm such an awful f**k!
-Gerard is saying he's amazed that his fans adore MCR even after all they've done (alcohol, drugs). He sticks with saying doctors and nurses because he's still trying to stay in tune with the whole concept album.
Way_brothers_4_WIN!
Killjoy
Way_brothers_4_WIN!
April 24th, 2007 at 07:46pm
OK well all i no that the song kicks butt so....xD
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
April 25th, 2007 at 02:39pm
well why the hell did it take people so long to reply to my post?
solong_and_goodnight
Killjoy
solong_and_goodnight
April 25th, 2007 at 07:26pm
I have no idea what it's about, but the first time I heard it I was paralyzed with laughter. And then when I started thinking about it a bit (like in the last five minutes or so) I guess it's about...um...maybe someone going through cancer or a huge blood loss and blood has to be donated to them so they can survive or something...I could be wrong, but that's all the inspiration I have for now =]
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 26th, 2007 at 01:29am
Love this song! The bleeped out version on iTunes is actually funnier, though. Hard to explain. It made me laugh first time (every time, really).

I totally agree with the people who say it's about MCR and their fans, how "blood" is a metaphor for their music. It's a brilliant theory, and I never would have come up with it on my own.

I'd like to present augmented version--my theory on the various people mentioned in the song.

"the guerneys."--the more uneducated staff of the hospital, the ppl who move patients from room to room--I believe they're metaphorical for the average fans, the merely interested.

"Doctors and nurses"--the educated, knowledgeable staff of the hospital. Probably referring to people who know their way around the music business--or maybe hard core fans.

EDIT: It's now my ringtone. Huzzah! Call meh
Deleted
Salute You in Your Grave
Deleted
April 26th, 2007 at 02:33pm
I really like this song.... Really kinda crazy for a song but love it...

I guess I find the music a kind of a typical, black and white , old, phantomine, vampire background music in the old movies.. Seriously...

Blood - Very much a metaphor.. to think that how blood is being used as to be a part that's so important (Somehow, it meant that the blood was actually, everything he had in him.. Everything he knew.. it is just about everything he has that he gave to his fans...) really touching if you look into the lyrics..

I really had no Idea About this at first....

Gerard writes crazy, insane, deep songs that almost gets you lost and confused.. One of them is this song...
Give Em Hell Kid
Killjoy
Give Em Hell Kid
April 27th, 2007 at 02:50pm
this song is about donating blood to the pashent