Don't have an account? Create one!

Blood

AuthorMessage
gannon-banned
Killjoy
gannon-banned
May 19th, 2007 at 12:50am
the sound of it cuz wen i herd it all i payed attention to was "blood, blood, gallons of the stuff" lol =P
ImNOTasexualperson
Killjoy
ImNOTasexualperson
May 19th, 2007 at 02:22am
well i think blood is for frank hint hint ferard and gerard just poking fun its an up beat tempo with a downer of lyrics which is awsome
iamnotok
Killjoy
iamnotok
May 19th, 2007 at 07:08pm
i think when they says "i give u gallons of this stuff nd it will never b enough" i think u giv them sometin that means somtin 2 that otha person but it wndt b enogh to show them their love or to impress them nd show the how much they love the othws person
-------------
confusing i kno
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:13pm
Vampire =] ...oh i dno maybe anout a person falling to pieces.
Black_Parade_x
Killjoy
Black_Parade_x
June 8th, 2007 at 01:08pm
i totally agree with Solitary Style...it seems so obvious when you think about it!
gerard1977
Killjoy
gerard1977
June 8th, 2007 at 05:08pm
i think it is just gerard being stuoid and having fun
gerard1977
Killjoy
gerard1977
June 8th, 2007 at 05:10pm
gerard1977:
i think it is just gerard being stuoid and having fun
luinel
Killjoy
luinel
June 8th, 2007 at 05:18pm
I don't know about anyone else, but the first time I heard this song, my mind immediately thought of someone in a hospital for cutting.

The lyrics all fit with that. The first verse is talking about people that visit him and encourage him to participate in therapy. The first chorus is the person feeling that they only care about him if he cuts, so he continues. The second verse is him saying that if he'd actually try, he could get better and he's not physically sick. The second chorus is a bit harder. I might sound crazy, but sometimes I personify my depression and 'talk' to it. So I think he's talking to his depression, telling it that he won't cut anymore.
SpiderBaby
Killjoy
SpiderBaby
June 17th, 2007 at 06:15am
All u guys’ theories r very gud. It gives a whole new perspective to the song. The song, like so many other of their songs, have about 7 or 8 ways to twist and interpret it. Which is what Gee and the gang are soooooo amazingly good at.
I absolutely luv this song!!! But something Gee said made me think about it differently.

His quoite was: "Yeah, obviously we use vampires as a metaphor for something else, something deeper than just the supernatural. But there's just something about the bloodsucking walking dead, that can say so much to people. There are really so many people trying to get control over you on a daily basis and steal your soul in some way, take a part of you..."

So, heres my theory… it was a quote in The Matrix. The oracle said ‘what do all men with power want? More power!’ my guess is blood could be a metafore 4 power.

Blood, blood galons on the stuff
Give them all that they can drink
and it’ll never be enough!

Powerful people ppl, lawyers, working stiffs, corporate sharks ect. (the usual crowd punkrockers are normally ‘making fun of’) are used to getting what they want eg. Power.

These people who look down on misfits like us pretending to be ‘helping’ us with problems sosiety thinks we have. And in so doing, replacing our own unique mentallity with what they think is ‘right’.

Well they encourage all complete cooperation,
Send you roses when they think you need to smile.

I think Gee sends off a great vibe of being misunderstood by such people and it gives off in this song. He’s basically saying, back off, I’m who I am and no one can do anything to change me! Because they don’t know me and don’t know what’s gud for me.

The doctors and the nurses they adore me so,
But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful fuck. (Oh thank you!)

I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love.

But like I said, there are so many different meanings to these songs. Even if we think our ideas are far-fetched, there is a grain of truth in them. That’s the beauty of MCR; flexibility! Lol

Anyway, thx 4 listening to me ramble. Lol. If you have any comments plz let me know, im very curious.
ClydeMeadows
Killjoy
ClydeMeadows
June 17th, 2007 at 04:07pm
When I first heard this song I just thought it was about his fans and crowds. He just put it into a clever metaphor that goes along with the whole doctor/patient theme of the album.

"Well they encourage all complete cooperation,
I can't control myself because I don't know how,
And they love me for it honestly, I'll be here for a while."

So My Chemical Romance is always playing these huge shows for all these amazing fans that they have. A lot of their music really touches these people, and well, we want them to cooperate and preform for us. It doesn't really matter that he can't control himself, because our adoration and idolization is so strong that because of these faults we want more of him since he seems more human to us, and he knows and appreciates them.

"So give them blood, blood, gallons of the stuff!
Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough.
So give them blood, blood, blood.
Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood!"

So they have the shows, and everyone give their all for the fans, but still there is a certain about of expectaion that no band can every really live up to. These people like them so much that it is sort of like obsession, and every last bit of them they want a part of. Imagine being a rock star and all these people who go out of themselves simply because they are hooked to your music psychlogically, I mean thats what pulls a lot of people in. These artists have done and touched a part of you that they are unaware of and really can't comprehend it, but you know it and thats why you love them. I mean when I went to their show I just wanted them to keep playing for hours, I mean does anyone really feel satisfied at the end of a concert if it is a band they really love?

"A celebrated man amongst the gurneys.
They can fix me proper with a bit of luck.
But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful fuck. (Oh thank you!)"

I think this is just talking about how even though he is adored so, they (fans) really have no sense of who Gerard is, when in fact he does. So he seems like the adoration in a way is really unwarrented, but since the fans are so carnvirous for him it just needs to be forgotten and put aside when he preforms, because hey, they love him, and he loves them for loving him.

"I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff,
I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough.
I gave you blood, blood, blood,
I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love."

Despite everything and who he might be inside, people still love him. To sum it up.
firephoenix0013
Killjoy
firephoenix0013
June 18th, 2007 at 02:44pm
Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood - It hints the best is yet to come.
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 19th, 2007 at 02:35pm
iamnotok:
i think when they says "i give u gallons of this stuff nd it will never b enough" i think u giv them sometin that means somtin 2 that otha person but it wndt b enogh to show them their love or to impress them nd show the how much they love the othws person
-------------
confusing i kno

Thats what I thought too...it just sounds like hes like given the person EVREYTHING but the person keeps on taking and taking and it finally drives him INSANE...
aliveordeadx3
Killjoy
aliveordeadx3
June 21st, 2007 at 09:13pm
in the beginning, i thought it was about vampires and trying to keep them sastified. So I guess that kinda means that hes relating it all to the fans and critics trying to keep them happy without being accused of sellingout. I guess.
Ickah
Killjoy
Ickah
June 21st, 2007 at 11:24pm
maybe its about blood. i dont know.
bubble_burst
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bubble_burst
June 22nd, 2007 at 06:52am
how i saw it was that some people can never be satisfied... i think people have already said this in their interpretations but...

Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough."...

you can put all your heart and soul into something... but there will always be someone wanting more.. saying that what you've given isn't good enough...
even if you could have done everything they wanted you to do
and you could be driven to extremes trying to achieve it... in the end you'll never make everyone happy...

also possibly that some people want people to fail... or to be slightly messed up... because it makes their lives more interesting...
"I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love."

or people trying to change someone... thinking what they're doing is going to help when they could just be trying to cover things over... thinking if you give something a new outside it'll change everything on the inside too...
blackXmascaraXtears
Bleeding on the Floor
blackXmascaraXtears
June 24th, 2007 at 02:06pm
first time i heard this song i was like what the f**k? then the second time i was like this... is.... AWESOME!! but now i realize that this song isnt just a joke. although its a pretty good one. it has a meaning about how hes trying to please everyone, his fans ect. with his music, but "it has never been enough". cuz were always asking for more.

gerard has amazed me once again x3
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
June 29th, 2007 at 10:45am
i deffinatly agree with everyone saying how its about gerard and the band and all us fans, however i think that meaning is used loosely if you get what i mean. with that being said i think it could also be about how messed up the world could be sometimes. like people who dont deserve stuff get everything they want and people that really need help never get it, do you get what im saying here? ok, for example the line "the doctors and the nurses they adore me so but its really quite alarming cause im such an awful f***!" this relates to both the band and how we like them so much, but it could also be about the whole world, ya know??? does this make sense to anyone but me??? and its kind of cool how the words and title seem to go with the concept of the album but then once you go a bit deeper the actual meaning does and doesnt. it doesnt have much to do with the patient, but it has to do with life and stuff,
hockeyguitar99
Killjoy
hockeyguitar99
July 1st, 2007 at 12:13am
i think its about gererad and his past drinking problem and his transformation into the person he is today, i dont think it has anything to do with the concept
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
July 1st, 2007 at 01:03am
ClydeMeadows:
When I first heard this song I just thought it was about his fans and crowds. He just put it into a clever metaphor that goes along with the whole doctor/patient theme of the album.

"Well they encourage all complete cooperation,
I can't control myself because I don't know how,
And they love me for it honestly, I'll be here for a while."

So My Chemical Romance is always playing these huge shows for all these amazing fans that they have. A lot of their music really touches these people, and well, we want them to cooperate and preform for us. It doesn't really matter that he can't control himself, because our adoration and idolization is so strong that because of these faults we want more of him since he seems more human to us, and he knows and appreciates them.

Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough.
So give them blood, blood, blood.
Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood!"

So they have the shows, and everyone give their all for the fans, but still there is a certain about of expectaion that no band can every really live up to. These people like them so much that it is sort of like obsession, and every last bit of them they want a part of. Imagine being a rock star and all these people who go out of themselves simply because they are hooked to your music psychlogically, I mean thats what pulls a lot of people in. These artists have done and touched a part of you that they are unaware of and really can't comprehend it, but you know it and thats why you love them. I mean when I went to their show I just wanted them to keep playing for hours, I mean does anyone really feel satisfied at the end of a concert if it is a band they really love?

"A celebrated man amongst the gurneys.
They can fix me proper with a bit of luck.
But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful fuck. (Oh thank you!)"

I think this is just talking about how even though he is adored so, they (fans) really have no sense of who Gerard is, when in fact he does. So he seems like the adoration in a way is really unwarrented, but since the fans are so carnvirous for him it just needs to be forgotten and put aside when he preforms, because hey, they love him, and he loves them for loving him.

"I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff,
I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough.
I gave you blood, blood, blood,
I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love."

Despite everything and who he might be inside, people still love him. To sum it up.

Exactly. I agree 100%!
That's what i think anyway. i loved this song fromt he start. It made me laugh. Sure love mcr for being fun. I think it's also about vampires...everyone knows he loves vampires and stuff. i dunno.
sarah.dramax3
Jazz Hands
sarah.dramax3
July 2nd, 2007 at 02:46pm
"Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood."
I think I may be wrong but I think Gerard just wrote this because it rhymes. Heh. -shrug-