Don't have an account? Create one!

Blood

AuthorMessage
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
August 4th, 2007 at 06:43pm
Well, you can't control yourself when you're bleeding in the middle of a surgery, right?
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 5th, 2007 at 12:56am
I think that It's about someone that is giving a blood donation but is donating alot of it. (I gave you blood, blood gallons of the stuff). But doesn't think alot about him self (Because I'm such an awful f*ck).
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:54am
A guy getting blood at the hospital and wanting more.
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
August 14th, 2007 at 07:26am
i think the song in itself could have lots of different meanings, but i find it kind of cool that the put it at the end of the album, like after you think the patient has died. i remember one interview they did where gerard said the more he listens to the album, the more he feels like maybe the patient didn't die, maybe he lived in the end. but its like you listen to the whole record and you get to famous last words which like sums it all up and leaves you drained and ur supposed to feel like the patient has died, and then all the sudden they throw "blood" in there and its like its kind of a joke back at you, You're all drained and then they go, 'Ha! he's still kickin!' and kind of with a new hardened perspective too after taking the journey to meet the other ppl, calling himself an awful fuck and whatnot
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
August 14th, 2007 at 06:31pm
well y'know how you have to wait (or you can just skip it like me) 1min and 30 or summit Secouds?
then he says 'well they encourage your complete coparation' i think its saying thanks for waiting till this time to hear the song...
Or summit. You never noo lol
Wolf Child
Killjoy
Wolf Child
August 15th, 2007 at 09:18pm
my friend says its about renfield who is some dude from dracula cos hes in an asylum and hes mad and draculas servent or somthing like that i dont even know what that says because my friend just typed it in ordid i
Wolf Child
Killjoy
Wolf Child
August 15th, 2007 at 09:18pm
see she is a bit less mental than me orami imaginary ????????????
Wolf Child
Killjoy
Wolf Child
August 15th, 2007 at 09:19pm
she wont make her own account so she keeps typing things in
Wolf Child
Killjoy
Wolf Child
August 15th, 2007 at 09:19pm
because i am imaginary! duh
Wolf Child
Killjoy
Wolf Child
August 15th, 2007 at 09:20pm
i'm gonna leave before she can put anything else in
Little Miss Living
Killjoy
Little Miss Living
August 17th, 2007 at 09:15pm
I'm a bit confused now.
Actually I always thaught it had something to do with society or something like that... people that just take advantage of you and kind of suck your blood like a vampire...
I'll try to explain that ^^'

Well they encourage all complete cooperation
Send you roses when they think you need to smile.
- first they seem friendly, but that's only pretend and he knew it from the beginning -
I can't control myself because I don't know how
- the anger he has cause everyone else falls for it and he seems to be the only one who sees through the 'bad people's' strategy ? -
And they love me for it honestly, I'll be here for a while.

then the chorus, and then:

A celebrated man amongst the gurneys.
- they took so much from him, took everything from him, so he's kind of dead or sick now in some way -
They can fix me proper with a bit of luck.
- he's much too deep in to get out again, and so he just doesn't try to fight them. He's maybe kind of dependent on them, and if they make him happy, everything can start over again, with the same things happening then -
The doctors and the nurses they adore me so
- the 'evil people' pretending they like him, and he trying to persuade himself of that ? -
But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful fuck.
- he thinks about it again and he knows, he could fight, but he's too afraid or whatever -

Okay, it's weird, I know. I guess I just made up a whole little story...
I guess this song can be interpreted in many ways... maybe that's what Gerard intended?

(if you didn't understand something, just ask and I'll try to explain it again ... my English is not so good <.<Wink
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
August 21st, 2007 at 03:32pm
Telling Yooh its Not Always What it seems...?
cancer-
Thinking Happy Thoughts
cancer-
August 22nd, 2007 at 05:53pm
: DD First time when I heard Blood, I thought it was only a joke.
vampireBITE
Killjoy
vampireBITE
August 23rd, 2007 at 02:52pm
i agree with the wolf kid. after reading Dracula and listening to the song it makes sense. somehow. he's not a vampire but he's like Dracula's slave and Dr Seward liked him because he was like a new type of lunatic hence the line "the doctors and the nurses, they adore me so,". he ate bugs and was obsessed with taking lives, but he was completely normal before he went off to Transylvania.the line "they encourage your complete co operation," could be when he escaped and they chase him round the abbey, but when they catch him he comes back quietly and gets shoved in a padded cell with a straight jacket on. Dracula kills him in the end because he refuses to help him kill Mina. he most definatly is a human wreckage as well. of course there is the chance that i am rambling about nothing and making inaccurate connections. it's just interesting to see how other people interpret the songs
MaDmAxXmCrFaN
Killjoy
MaDmAxXmCrFaN
August 24th, 2007 at 01:52am
hey im new but i think this song is about gerard giving blood,because sumtimes it is just the most obvious answer
MaDmAxXmCrFaN
Killjoy
MaDmAxXmCrFaN
August 24th, 2007 at 01:57am
i think the meaning is the most simple one.its about gerard giving blood.
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
August 24th, 2007 at 07:20am
this is probably an inappropriate place for the question, but i'm not sure where else to askkkk. what exactly is a "b side" of an album? and how does it work?
ever_after
Killjoy
ever_after
August 26th, 2007 at 07:05am
Well, im not sure about the meaning of the song because it can mean a lot of different things, but my friend listened to the song and thought it sounded like something from Mary Poppins... Very Happy
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
August 26th, 2007 at 06:08pm
my take on the song:
gerard's drawing a paralell between the patient and himself. he's saying "i gave you blood" and "it will never be enough." it means he puts everything, his passion and all into his music and all and he feels that it well never be enough for the fans. likewise, the patient puts it all out there in his fight against cancer, but feels that it also "will never be enough."
Myalyas
Killjoy
Myalyas
August 27th, 2007 at 06:42am
Put "the patient" out of your mind.