Don't have an account? Create one!

Bert Vs MCR.

AuthorMessage
Pansy.
Always Born a Crime
Pansy.
February 9th, 2007 at 09:47pm
I wasn't sure if this shoud go in the News thread or here, so yeah.
In an Australian Music magazine, their was an interveiw with Bert McCracken(The Used) and he said..
"About a year and half ago, I saw My Chemical Romance's heads blow up, and then once they were blown up, they went up their asses. I dont need friends like that. I dont even need aquaintences (sp?) like that."
Or something along those lines..
I hope this isn't true..
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 9th, 2007 at 09:51pm
Cover
Blunt 1
Blunt 2 (talks about why Brandon left just incase any of you wanted to know)
Blunt 3
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
February 9th, 2007 at 10:02pm
Surprised Thats bullshit! I've lost so much repect for Bert!
I have heard that it was because Bert got shitty when Gee sobered up and that Bert was telling kids not to watch MCR, distracting the audience with a megaphone during their set

I mean I don't know what's true and I guess we will never know, but to me Bert sounds like an asshole!!
cutupangel
Killjoy
cutupangel
February 9th, 2007 at 10:41pm
x_pansy:
Surprised Thats bullshit! I've lost so much repect for Bert!
I have heard that it was because Bert got shitty when Gee sobered up and that Bert was telling kids not to watch MCR, distracting the audience with a megaphone during their set

I mean I don't know what's true and I guess we will never know, but to me Bert sounds like an asshole!!

omg i heard the same fucking thing, if its true than bert is just so ignorant! i loved their friendship and to see it get fucked up by something like this is sad :[
the whack parade.
Demolition Lover
the whack parade.
February 9th, 2007 at 10:48pm
This really disappoints me. I love The Used, I really want MCR and them to be friends again, but what Bert has been saying is pissing me off.
biggest_mistake
Shotgun Sinner
biggest_mistake
February 9th, 2007 at 11:35pm
I love Bert as much as anyone, but he needs to get over himself. I don't know what REALLY happened between them but honestly... isn't he taking it a little bit too far, ya think?
ros.
Salute You in Your Grave
ros.
February 9th, 2007 at 11:43pm
For all we know, the magazine interviews could have just been a load of bullshit and the actual story far from what was reported.
Something
Killjoy
Something
February 10th, 2007 at 12:09am
In all my magazines with bert he never wants to talk about mcr...especially gerard...but hopefully thigs work out

eventually
haha
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
February 10th, 2007 at 12:12am
I like what he said about Brandan, but about gerard- I think Bert is just burned but what happened back then that he is using any excuse to tarnish there reputation of being nice guys. Let's be honest- if you were being praised for something you loved your head will get a little big.
Bellatrix Lestrange.
Killjoy
Bellatrix Lestrange.
February 10th, 2007 at 12:34am
yeah i have the same magazine, i saw the cover which had bert and a quote saying, "I dont need friends like My Chemical Romance" and i was like =O i needa read that

so yeah bert seemed okay in all the other responses, but what they actually said was

blunt: I guess last time we spoke was right after you publicly stated that your friendship with My Chemical Romance was over, which the dudes from MCR told us was just a publicity stunt. You've never struck me as someone who woudl create drama to get more publicity

bert: Oh definitely not. That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. I dont need the publicity and they definately dont need the publicity. The truth of the matter is - and the only reason I would talk to you about it is 'cos you're a frend, but if any other interviewer asks me about it I ask them to move on to the next question. But what happened was - it was maybe like a year and a half ago I saw all their heads blow up and after that their heads blew up their heads kinda went up their arses as well. And I just thought, 'Fuck that, I dont need friends like that and I dont even need aquaintences like that.' As far as the whole thing goes now, I wish them all the best with their touring and their record, but it's over. It's definitely not a publicity stunt.

O_o nasty!
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
February 10th, 2007 at 12:51am
meh Bert is just jealous because My Chem overtook The Used in popularity! I mean My Chem started out on tour with the Used then all of a sudden My Chem has more fans!! nah lol I dunno but I think Bert is the one being shitty about it!! In the interview I read Gee just said it was unfortunate, he never dissed them or anything!
bamcr
Joining The Black Parade
bamcr
February 10th, 2007 at 01:47am
I'm sick and tired of the whole Gee and Bert problem.
hunzana
Awake and Unafraid
hunzana
February 10th, 2007 at 06:01am

I saw this the other day and was really shocked.
I mean seriously Bert, get over it!
i swear hes just bringing up the whole Gerard i hate mcr thing for publicity.
Mad World.
Shotgun Sinner
Mad World.
February 10th, 2007 at 06:23am
Speaking of....does anyone have any news about "Pretty Handsome Awkward" yet?
That's What You Get
Always Born a Crime
That's What You Get
February 10th, 2007 at 07:30am
Hana High-Pants:

that sounds about right!
hunzana
Awake and Unafraid
hunzana
February 10th, 2007 at 08:44am
Philippa Way:
Hana High-Pants:

that sounds about right!

*nods*
and when he says that MCR was getting 'bigheaded' I dont think he realises how bigheaded he is him self xDD
And from what i heard Bert was like 'oh fuck this i dont need friends like this' because Gerard was stopping doing drugs and drinking.
Bert just wants to be a fuck head a ruin his life and wanted to bring down Gerard with him, kinda like Brandon-Brandon even had to have his own fucking tour bus called 'the sober bus'
sorry if ive 'upsetted' anyone by saying that about Bert but its true
Annaundead;
Awake and Unafraid
Annaundead;
February 10th, 2007 at 08:46am
I'd be lying if I said I didn't reluctantly agree w3ith Bert.
That's What You Get
Always Born a Crime
That's What You Get
February 10th, 2007 at 09:32am
huh?
hunzana
Awake and Unafraid
hunzana
February 10th, 2007 at 09:56am

Shes saying that she agrees with what Bert is saying.

Anna Undead;:
Hana High-Pants:

yes. I read that on the other thred.
why? if you dont mind me asking
Because I can really see that My Chemical Romance have the kind of rediculous publicity to become big headed.
Almost anyone would be in their position.

Hana High-Pants:

I guess.
But Bert took it too far and just tried to make a huge thing about it.
It happended like ages ago and hes still trying to make a scene about it

If that clears it up for you.
Just a Trick
Jazz Hands
Just a Trick
February 10th, 2007 at 10:06am
bamcr:
I'm sick and tired of the whole Gee and Bert problem.
I know, me too. I never liked Bert Disgust he really needs to get over it already, I'm getting tired of it.